what ever happend to aurra sing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ryamathart
what the hell ever happened to that bounty hunter that was supposed to be in the 2nd movie.

finti
who cares, I mean this is a person who had a split second role in EP I, it is just EU fanatics who put out the rumor about her being the bounty hunter of EPII. Jango is the man

ryamathart
ah ok i though she was supposed to have some bigger role the prequel trilogy

jedi_blade
Here's what happened to her:

Obviously George Lucas read the EU books and decided that most every EU fanatic would want Aurra Sing in Episode II. So in Classic GL fashion, he did the exact opposite to surprise everyone big grin

Julie
When you highlight that spoiler....the smily face turns kinda evilish looking....I don't think Aurra Sing was ever meant to be that much of a character...but let us Eu fanatics have our fun....

finti
if possible

jedi_blade
Yeah sure go ahead smile I'm not stopping you big grin

Julie
good.....glad to hear it....personally though I've never read any of the EU things about Aurra Sing....

jedi_blade
Me niether

Ushgarak
I believe it was Zam Wessel that caused the confusion, when people heard there would be a female bounty hunter in episode 2.

Dexx
damn..i never hear those detailed rumours.
So...after being on that boonta circuit admiring the race is she anywhere else in the new trilogy?

Ushgarak
I do not think so.

Dexx
*scratches top of head*
how bout the old one?

Ushgarak
Nope

Mujaffa
she was replaced with zam

Dexx
i think lucas could've delt with both of them

finti
So glad he didnt

jedi_blade
Yeah same here. Would have been a little too complicated for my tastes

Captain REX
Just for your info Julie, Aurra Sing was an ex-Jedi trainee under the Dark Woman (the person in Dimmy's picture). She's killed 6 anonymous Jedi and Sharad Hett, whom Ki-Adi-Mundi tries to save but fails. All in the comic books...

finti
and EU so not countable

Captain REX
Exactly Finti. big grin

Dark Lord Djas
Orginally aurra was suppose to be in Ep II but somewhere along the way they changed it to Zam.

finti
we should be greatful

queeq
No bald women, thank you. wink

finti
or eu

queeq
Well, she's not EU anymore, is she now. She appeared in TPM.

finti
and that was too much

Ushgarak
I still can find no proof that it was EVER going to be Aurra Sing in AOTC. I still suspect it was just confusion after they said (or it was heard that) a female bounty hunter was in the film.

finti
more or less it I guess

queeq
Yeah, can't remember that either. She was put in very late in the process of TPM though.

Dark Lord Djas
Well before AOTC was released it was posted on the Official Star Wars site but I cannot give you proof of that now. I think it was a year before it was released that was posted.

SomeGuy57
It would have been cool if she was in the movies

Cipher
She was just a throw-away character that the comics ran off with....
Her being in Ep. 2 was just a rumor.

yerssot
I very much like her not being in AOTC... and I hope she won't be in ROTS... it brings a big mystical feeling to her ... she's there but you have no idea what she is for big grin

Master Kadub
I loved Aurra Sing.....

I too think that GL nuked her character after the histeria was building up around her....
GL, then created another character to fill her place in Zam Wessel....
I thought that she was great but GL wasted time with her when Aurra Sing was there for the picking....

just think about it.....that case scene would've been so much better if Sing would've wrecked the speeder and whipped out a lightsaber and began to fight Anakin......
and the ObiWan jumps in and then Sing loses a limb......
and just as she is being interrogated; she catches a dart to the neck in the same manner as Wessel....

'see everything could've played out the same except we would've had a better fight scene to end the chase..'

Clai Keboa
Maybe she slays some jedi in Ep3? - she could be employed to do so.....?

yerssot
why would/could sing kill jedi? cause EU says so?

PVS
its not gonna happen.
i thought she looked cool as well (in the 10 frames we see her in)
and he was being hyped as a character, but we all got faked out.
she would have been awesom in ep2, but GL just HAD to have his
precious shapeshifter with no personallity. oh well.

but yeah, you can forget about aurra sing

Master Kadub
PVS,

true soooo true.....GL ruined it....

he could make it up, but i think he will not....
he just creates new characters instead of using
the ones he already has....
I know that sounds familiar.....

Sing would've kicked as royaly against the
Jedi if Jango was able to kill one with his freakin pee shooter...

Count Doodoo
laughing pee shooter?

Yeah, George makes lots of new characters to sell more figures, merchandise, etc., I'm sure.

Master Kadub
Merchandising.......

The Economic Empire known as LUCAS.....

heheheeh....funny how GL became what he most hated......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.