Data Protection Act/Freedom of Information Act

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand_Moff_Gav
This forum is based in the UK, so I was wondering what provisions does it have to comply with the above mentioned Legislation?

Peach
The forum is actually based in the US. Or at least, that is where the server is, unless that has changed recently.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Peach
The forum is actually based in the US. Or at least, that is where the server is, unless that has changed recently.

Oh is it, I thought Raz was in the UK...ah but the actually KMC Website is in the US...interesting that the Administrator is in another country...

Peach
Pretty normal, actually.

Ushgarak
It's a UK site in its cultural origins etc but Raz long ago moved to a US server so the legal situation is American.

I think, more specifically, Texan? I might be outdated in thinking that though.

Raz
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's a UK site in its cultural origins etc but Raz long ago moved to a US server so the legal situation is American.

I think, more specifically, Texan? I might be outdated in thinking that though. Yup. Because the server is located in Texas (Dallas, I think), we are legally under Texan law.

Leader
Originally posted by Raz
Yup. Because the server is located in Texas (Dallas, I think), we are legally under Texan law.

So...we could be executed big grin

Seriously though, is there like a legal advisor or something who tells you what you can and can't do? (In order to keep inside the law).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.