Illadelph's Tournament Odds Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
The ever-popular odds thread kicks off yet again. My thanks to Blair, who actually reminded me that we should be making this soon.

First, the basics:

Tourney Rules (most recent version I could find): http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10966965#post10966965

Notes:
- All rosters appear to be finalized, except perhaps fangirl's roster, since shrinking was recently limited to 2cm, and Nightblade may be more points than fangirl took him for.

- Free agency is a new aspect of this tournament that may or may not affect outcomes. Hard to account for in odds, but something to watch.

- Possible strategies should not be revealed or discussed, out of respect to the participants who may have thought of the tactics (or not) and wish to keep it a secret from competitors. However, general comments on teams and/or characters, as well as the participants themselves, are both welcome and encouraged.

Rosters:

Blair and Smurph
Nimrod - 30
Hawkman - 20
Noh-Varr (Marvel Boy) - 20
Hank Pym - 25
Vector - 30

Charlotte DeBel
Emma Frost - 30
Miss Martian - 30
Omega Sentinel - 25
Oracle - 5
Zachary Zatara - 25
Nyssa Raatko - 5
Stuart Clarke (Rampage) - 5

Scoob & Leo
The Mandarin - 30
Spiral - 30
Brit - 20
Magik - 20
Century - 20
Alfred - 5

AlmightyKfish
Abomination - 30
Jean Grey - 30
Electro - 25
Taskmaster - 15
Sabretooth - 20
Jarvis - 5

King Kandy & id369
Spawn (3rd Age) - 30
Cable (TO Virus) - 25
War Machine (Warwear) - 30
Midnighter - 20
Spot - 20

fangirl101
Alex Power - 25
Judo Master - 10
Speedball - 20
Starfire - 30
Nightblade - 15
LeViathan (Shrinking Violet) - 25

Digimark
Death's Head II - 30
Mr Sinister - 30
Iron Man - 30
Machine Man - 30
The Joker - 5

Thoughts:

- Experience always seems to account for a lot. Newcomers can and have won, but the "regulars" will likely again be among the favorites.

- Personally, I like the Spiral/Mandarin duo. Miss Martian as well. Power and versatility rolled into one is always a plus in my book, especially in a tournament with so many loopholes guarded against. I can't say I see too many of the overarching strategies for teams (yet), so I'll refrain from comment on most of them.

- Obviously I like my own team, but hesitate to place it in context because it's clearly a biased opinion.

DigiMark007
Add your own thoughts, odds, smack talk, etc. I might make an official odds line eventually, after enough comments.

Charlotte DeBel
So far the most impressively looking team is the one of Scoobs and Leo. Team Kandy&id looks impressive on paper, but we'll see them in combat.

Team KFish has a glaring weak point which is... Abomination. Really, one-dimensional bricks aren't good spending of 30 points. Had he drafted Thing, he at least would have had a good prep area.

spetznaz
Interesting threads.

I can see some of the strategies some people may have chosen in their selection, and some are quite nice (assuming what I think they plan to do is what they will do). Whoever chose Miss Martian was quite clever ...it is actually almost cheating, since the power set in that one individual alone is tantamount to having an entire X-men team wrapped in one person.

As Charlotte said, the person who chose Abomination kind of hampered themselves, since the truly one-dimensional character of Abomination (which is further emphasized by the several omni-dimensional characters used in other teams) makes it an inefficient use of 30 points. I can think of a minimum of 5 ways in which each team can either take out Abomination, make him a liability to his team mates, or make him a strength to the other team. However, it is VERY possible that the team that selected Abomination have a nasty surprise up their sleeve (.....and I can think of at least one, but it would involve killing Abomination).

It will be interesting to see if the people competing can use their teams as a whole instead of as individuals. By this I mean using a team as a unitary functional unit, instead of just saying person A will attack person Z on the other team, while person B will attack person Y on the other team.

I remember once I had Iceman, Magneto and Superman on a team I once created 2 years or so ago, and I made them into one team by having Magneto use the Earth's magnetic field to create the strongest forcefield around Superman and Iceman, then had Iceman create absolute Zero Kelvin temperatures inside the forcefield, and then had Superman fly around inside the forcefield as fast as he could .....and then used physics to show how that level of speed by a super-dense object inside a supremely-magnetized and super-cooled sphere could be used to create a singularity!

Hopefully there is more use of teams instead of a mere assemblage of characters.

With that said, I hope it is interesting (looks like it will be ....I know almost all of the posters and they are quite good). Maybe someone can keep me posted through private mail (I'm normally travelling and quickly forget about threads).

Scoobless
Originally posted by spetznaz
Hopefully there is more use of teams instead of a mere assemblage of characters.

Thing with this tourney is that we can merge (amalgamate) various characters into single beings before the matches ... the only limiting factor to that is that you have to field a team of 3 characters, amalgamated or otherwise.

So Abomination may not be as bad as some may think if he's there to shore up weaknesses in other characters ... and it never hurts to add that much strength to any amalgamated character.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by spetznaz
Interesting threads.

I can see some of the strategies some people may have chosen in their selection, and some are quite nice (assuming what I think they plan to do is what they will do). Whoever chose Miss Martian was quite clever ...it is actually almost cheating, since the power set in that one individual alone is tantamount to having an entire X-men team wrapped in one person.

As Charlotte said, the person who chose Abomination kind of hampered themselves, since the truly one-dimensional character of Abomination (which is further emphasized by the several omni-dimensional characters used in other teams) makes it an inefficient use of 30 points. I can think of a minimum of 5 ways in which each team can either take out Abomination, make him a liability to his team mates, or make him a strength to the other team. However, it is VERY possible that the team that selected Abomination have a nasty surprise up their sleeve (.....and I can think of at least one, but it would involve killing Abomination).

It will be interesting to see if the people competing can use their teams as a whole instead of as individuals. By this I mean using a team as a unitary functional unit, instead of just saying person A will attack person Z on the other team, while person B will attack person Y on the other team.

I remember once I had Iceman, Magneto and Superman on a team I once created 2 years or so ago, and I made them into one team by having Magneto use the Earth's magnetic field to create the strongest forcefield around Superman and Iceman, then had Iceman create absolute Zero Kelvin temperatures inside the forcefield, and then had Superman fly around inside the forcefield as fast as he could .....and then used physics to show how that level of speed by a super-dense object inside a supremely-magnetized and super-cooled sphere could be used to create a singularity!

With that said, I hope it is interesting (looks like it will be ....I know almost all of the posters and they are quite good). Maybe someone can keep me posted through private mail (I'm normally travelling and quickly forget about threads).

That clever one was me. Megan makes decent fighter (yjough not on level of Hyperclan or J'onn, but you can't compare teenage girl with a peak speciman solgiers\policemen, and on lower level and with some training M'gann can replicate manyof their feats- on lower level but she can), quite lame as a telepath, but there's our beloved blonde telepathic powerhouse Emma Frost to deal with that.
Also the thing with point-based team is moneysaving=getting as much power as you can for the least amouth of points. Economics rule the world!

leonidas
hmm, i can think of one very important thing that abomination can and has done that has nothing at all to do with strength . . . just don't think it can be exploited by the people he has. although clearly an abomination with a sabes's-type healing factor and adamantium weapons is absolutely NOTHING to feel good about facing . . .

i also can't really see many over-arching strategies. bw/smurph have me a bit baffled. i THOUGHT i had an idea of where they were heading, but now i'm not so sure.

cdb has a very strong team as do kk/id. i'm actually really looking forward to seeing that match take place. smile

k-fish has a good team as well. be interesting to see how he does in this thing. an underdog, certainly. but jean has a vast array of great showings. i mentioned abomination already and electro has a couple very good feats to his name as well.

FG's team is the most puzzling to me . . .

digi has more brute power than anyone, AND knows how to debate. and he prolly really REALLY wants to whoop all our a$$e$! laughing out loud i know how effective tech-based characters can be in these things (that was my focus in the last 2 tournaments) and digi has about the best you can get. he's gonna be a problem in this thing . . .

for most. evil face

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, i can think of one very important thing that abomination can and has done that has nothing at all to do with strength . . . just don't think it can be exploited by the people he has. although clearly an abomination with a sabes's-type healing factor and adamantium weapons is absolutely NOTHING to feel good about facing . . .

i also can't really see many over-arching strategies. bw/smurph have me a bit baffled. i THOUGHT i had an idea of where they were heading, but now i'm not so sure.

cdb has a very strong team as do kk/id. i'm actually really looking forward to seeing that match take place. smile

k-fish has a good team as well. be interesting to see how he does in this thing. an underdog, certainly. but jean has a vast array of great showings. i mentioned abomination already and electro has a couple very good feats to his name as well.

digi has more brute power than anyone, AND knows how to debate. and he prolly really REALLY wants to whoop all our a$$e$! laughing out loud i know how effective tech-based characters can be in these things (that was my focus in the last 2 tournaments) and digi has about the best you can get. he's gonna be a problem in this thing . . .

for most. evil face

Thing is, the only Jean you can draft for 30 points is pre-Phoenix one. That limits the amouth of "good showings" you can use with her- like no molecular TK showings from (New) X-Men since that series show her as Phoenix- after her "secondary mutation". Pre-secondary mutation Jean, though, is good, but not uber-good. And "teh uberezt" showings of subatomic TK\etc are all after secondary mutation...that's just to clear stuff a bit.
BUT- there's a possibility of an UBERmesh for the team. I won't cover entire thing, but those who are experts in Marvel psionics can guess what I'm talking about.

As for Fangirl, at least one of his amalgams is predicable.

Scoobless

Then it's probably a good thing Sabretooth doesn't have any adamantium anymore.

stick out tongue

leonidas
well, in that case--his team sucks. big grin

Scoobless
Damn ... we're gonna pwn everyone sooo badly.

This might even get boring.

sad

stick out tongue

Endrict Nuul
I like Digimark, Charlotte DeBel and Kandys teams the best.

Blair and Smurph have a nice pick with Nimrod but he's not enough and the others are meh.

Scoob & Leo have done well with Mandarin/Spiral but the others again are not so great. Granted I don't know anything about Century.

AlmightyKfish with his one sided Abom, I feel that's a down fall like for all bricks but he would be great for taking out street level and low meta characters. Jean, Sabre, Task and Electro are nice but only Jean and Electro have the most potential.

Fangirls team is just laughing

Scoobless
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Scoob & Leo have done well with Mandarin/Spiral but the others again are not so great.

We shall see young padawan, we shall see......

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Scoobless

Good luck Scoobs!

Charlotte DeBel

Blair and Smurph have a nice pick with Nimrod but he's not enough and the others are meh.

Scoob & Leo have done well with Mandarin/Spiral but the others again are not so great. Granted I don't know anything about Century.

AlmightyKfish with his one sided Abom, I feel that's a down fall like for all bricks but he would be great for taking out street level and low meta characters. Jean, Sabre, Task and Electro are nice but only Jean and Electro have the most potential.

Fangirl heads to some well-exploited in previous tourneys rosters.

Also, to those who are interested- there's something about what "non-Phoenix" Jean is and where she is in Marvel's TP hierarchy (thanks colleague Exodus Cloak):

Originally posted by ExodusCloak

Without the Phoenix Force I'd say Jean is out though....because a.)according to current continuity Jean is the Phoenix Force making all her feats redundant..and b.) Because the Jean before the Inferno Saga (When the PF fused itself into Jeans DNA) was nothing to shout about.

BTW Jean only bested Emma when she taps into the PF...Psylocke with the Crimson Dawn got owned on the Astral Plane by the Shadow King...

With PF:

Jean:
Emma
Psylocke

Without
Emma
Psylocke
Jean

Originally posted by ExodusCloak

BTW Jean is the Phoenix...so when people say no Phoenix they're basically talking about the Jean before she was retconned....meaning it's the Jean without the Phoenix before the Inferno saga...during the Inferno Saga...Jeans DNA was merged with the essence of the Phoenix and Pyor...so any other appearances after that incident would count as Jean being the Phoenix....

When the Force met Jean it duplicated her body....so any feats after that duplication clone are not hers....

Once that Clone died...Jean was found in a cacoon...that's the real Jean...

Up to Inferno where the Life-force of the Phoenix was permanently integrated into Jeans DNA....

So anything after that is Jean/Phoenix..

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Fangirl heads to some well-exploited in previous tourneys rosters.

Also, to those who are interested- there's something about what "non-Phoenix" Jean is and where she is in Marvel's TP hierarchy (thanks colleague Exodus Cloak):

Oh yeah, no PF....Oh well, those goes Jean than And all the power to FG.

leonidas

indeed . . . shifty

Blair Wind

Not to be rude, but you should never ever count out Leo's team, and I am known for coming up with strategies with teams no one else would have thought of, and usually dominating. And Leo...well Leo is too damn cunning for his own damn good.

Just saying. Where you see meh, I see lots and lots of potiental on both teams smile

Other than that, Digi has the most obviously powerful team. But theres something to be said for more subtle teams smile

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Not to be rude, but you should never ever count out Leo's team, and I am known for coming up with strategies with teams no one else would have thought of, and usually dominating. And Leo...well Leo is too damn cunning for his own damn good.

Just saying. Where you see meh, I see lots and lots of potiental on both teams smile

Other than that, Digi has the most obviously powerful team. But theres something to be said for more subtle teams smile

I'd say team Leo are obvious tourney favourites.And I tried to assemble my team to be as "all-around" as possible. Digi's team is also good one.

Smurph is little crafty bastard and so is B-Dub so...
Team Kandy? Looks impressive on paper, but we'll see.

Endrict Nuul

I am not talking about Leo debuting skills for it is uncanny, I am talking about his characters.

Endrict Nuul
I'd say team Leo are obvious tourney favourites.And I tried to assemble my team to be as "all-around" as possible. Digi's team is also good one.

Smurph is little crafty bastard and so is B-Dub so...
Team Kandy? Looks impressive on paper, but we'll see.

I agree on Smurph being crafty.

id369
Blair and Smurph
Nimrod - 30
Hawkman - 20
Noh-Varr (Marvel Boy) - 20
Hank Pym - 25
Vector - 30

Charlotte DeBel
Emma Frost - 30
Miss Martian - 30
Omega Sentinel - 25
Oracle - 5
Zachary Zatara - 25
Nyssa Raatko - 5
Stuart Clarke (Rampage) - 5

Scoob & Leo
The Mandarin - 30
Spiral - 30
Brit - 20
Magik - 20
Century - 20
Alfred - 5

AlmightyKfish
Abomination - 30
Jean Grey - 30
Electro - 25
Taskmaster - 15
Sabretooth - 20
Jarvis - 5

King Kandy & id369
Spawn (3rd Age) - 30
Cable (TO Virus) - 25
War Machine (Warwear) - 30
Midnighter - 20
Spot - 20

fangirl101
Alex Power - 25
Judo Master - 10
Speedball - 20
Starfire - 30
LeViathan (Shrinking Violet) - 25

Digimark (Digital Markster)
Death's Head II - 30
Mr Sinister - 30
Iron Man - 30
Machine Man - 30
The Joker

Endrict Nuul
Huh? why is that posted again?

leonidas

ah . . . you're too kind, bw. but i know you both really want scoob and i dead. big grin

and while i appreciate the kind words, frankly, i plan on sitting back and letting scoob work his magic. after all, HE's the one who's won more of these things than anyone. big grin

our team really is a nice combo of his ideas and my own, and it sort of came together rather unexpectedly through a great deal of brainstorming. i'm very interested in seeing how your team operates. scoob and i were trying to figure out some things you can do with your team, but it always seems you guys (smurph made everyone sit up and take notice of his skills in the last tournament) have something no one can anticipate.

i'm sure that when our teams meet up, we won't disappoint anyone -- we tend not to. wink

Scoobless
...Leo's team...
...team Leo...
I am not talking about Leo debuting skills for it is uncanny, I am talking about his characters.

I hate you all.

no expression

id369
Fangirl has yet to finalize her pick, for its replacement of Nightblade. And update sort of speak, do you have a problem with it? mad

Charlotte DeBel
I hate you all.

no expression

I just preferred to show my love via PM, darlingsmile

leonidas
I hate you all.

no expression

laughing

i never even noticed all that . . . . shifty

meh, it's what you get for partnering with a celebrity! big grin

illadelph12
With free agency (if utilized to the fullest), this thing is up for grabs. There's a lot of firepower still left out there for teams to make adjustments.

leonidas
Originally posted by illadelph12
With free agency (if utilized to the fullest), this thing is up for grabs. There's a lot of firepower still left out there for teams to make adjustments.

if something has struck us since the weekend, (or if someone is around we didn't expect to be around by the end of the draft) can we swap out guys now or do we need to wait until after the first match?

Val-E-Doosh
Leo and Scoob lose first.

Boy Blue
Aww... Leo, Charlotte, Endrict... You're too kind.

smile

Feel free to keep going on with my praise though.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Boy Blue
Aww... Leo, Charlotte, Endrict... You're too kind.

smile

Feel free to keep going on with my praise though.
LOLsmile I'd like to see your match versus Fangirlsmile))It would be one damn kind of a show...

illadelph12
if something has struck us since the weekend, (or if someone is around we didn't expect to be around by the end of the draft) can we swap out guys now or do we need to wait until after the first match?

The drafted rosters are set until after combat begins and you'll be able to submit roster changes by the first Wednesday. For now the only way to switch a character you've drafted is if they cause salary cap issues due to being improperly paid for, or if a character is banned for being over caps.

Scoobless
I posted the wrong bio for Magik as well ... it's supposed to be this bio:

Magik

Not the Exiles one that is currently up ... Leo gave me some abuse about posting the wrong one.

embarrasment

Boy Blue
LOLsmile I'd like to see your match versus Fangirlsmile))It would be one damn kind of a show... Why's that?

darthgoober
Here's are my favorites to win at present based on roster, debating styles, and tourney history....

1. Scoob & Leo
2. Blair and Smurph
3. Digi
4. King Kandy & id369
5. Charlotte DeBel
6. fangirl101
7. AlmightyKfish

I'll be back with more details on why when I have time, I just wanted to get my calls in before someone else posted the same list.

leonidas
I posted the wrong bio for Magik as well ... it's supposed to be this bio:

Magik

Not the Exiles one that is currently up ... Leo gave me some abuse about posting the wrong one.

embarrasment

i'm already tired of all these mistakes! the guy's an anchor--an anchor i say!

heh

ps--that what happens when those scots mesh pubs with hotspots. i'm just glad that he didn't put in a link to someone really lame like hawkman or vector . . .

shifty

leonidas
Originally posted by darthgoober
Here's are my favorites to win at present based on roster, debating styles, and tourney history....

1. Scoob & Leo
2. Blair and Smurph
3. Digi
4. King Kandy & id369
5. Charlotte DeBel
6. fangirl101
7. AlmightyKfish

I'll be back with more details on why when I have time, I just wanted to get my calls in before someone else posted the same list.

well then, why bother having the matches at all? big grin

id369
Because its interesting to see:

1) how egos get crushed, when their ill fated invincible teams are tore apart.
2) the ideas, members come across with.

leonidas
Originally posted by id369
Because its interesting to see:

1) how egos get crushed, when their ill fated invincible teams are tore apart.
2) the ideas, members come across with.

hello, i meant BESIDES that . . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

TricksterPriest
I had hoped we'd have a few more people competing, but meh. The rosters are generally pretty solid.

those who picked obscure characters or indie, or just trying to instigate shenanigans be forewarned, the judges are watching. so no monkey business. durbeware

leonidas
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
Leo and Scoob will effortlessly crush all opposition!

fixed. no expression

DigiMark007
digi has more brute power than anyone, AND knows how to debate. and he prolly really REALLY wants to whoop all our a$$e$! laughing out loud

I really REALLY do.

no expression

I actually toyed with naming my boys "Team Ass Whoopin'" at the height of my frustration with the drafts.

I do, don't I?

cool

And who's to say I don't have subtlety? I'm just going to be subtle as I pound everyone's face into the ground. I'll be like "hey look, a bird!" then WHAM! ....face in ground.

Still, everyone has secrets. This will all need to be re-assessed at various points during the tourney due to strategies.

Scoobless
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
those who picked obscure characters or indie, or just trying to instigate shenanigans be forewarned, the judges are watching. so no monkey business. durbeware

We've got an Indie character but his bio pretty much covers what he can and can't do.

Boy Blue

heh

ps--that what happens when those scots mesh pubs with hotspots. i'm just glad that he didn't put in a link to someone really lame like hawkman or vector . . .

shifty You can tell, folks, the characters he's really worried about by the names he throws out there.

fangirl101

for most. evil face
You should look up the abilities of Speed ball and Power Pax ( Which was his name when he had ALL the abilties of his siblings. Including an uber healing factor. ) Then you won't be puzzled. Defense is the name of my game.

AlmightyKfish
Then it's probably a good thing Sabretooth doesn't have any adamantium anymore.

stick out tongue

Sabes had the adamantium upon his death, confirmed by marvel.

It's just the muramasa blade can cut Adamantium + Sabes tendons and joints were not covered, letting Wolvi cut his hand off at the wrist joint when he almost killed Black Panther.

big grin

Badabing
Participants:

Please PM me for my Paypal info.

Thanks,
Badabing

durelly

Good luck everyone.

leonidas
Originally posted by fangirl101
You should look up the abilities of Speed ball and Power Pax ( Which was his name when he had ALL the abilties of his siblings. Including an uber healing factor. ) Then you won't be puzzled. Defense is the name of my game.

oh, i know a little about both already. wink

fangirl101
oh, i know a little about both already. wink
Tee Hee. Hee Tee. big grin

DigiMark007
Is it just me, or does this seem wrong pinned? I like the random bumps after maybe a week off the first page when something new and exciting happens in the tourney that causes everyone to rethink their predictions.

fangirl101
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Is it just me, or does this seem wrong pinned? I like the random bumps after maybe a week off the first page when something new and exciting happens in the tourney that causes everyone to rethink their predictions.
Like the fact that everyone thought I picked Alex power instead of power pax? laughing

Badabing
Is it just me, or does this seem wrong pinned? I like the random bumps after maybe a week off the first page when something new and exciting happens in the tourney that causes everyone to rethink their predictions. The forum didn't have enough pinned threads. stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Like the fact that everyone thought I picked Alex power instead of power pax? laughing

No. Not really. You kinda missed the point.

fangirl101
No. Not really. You kinda missed the point.
NO. I know you said it was pinned wrong. But I was talking about the part where surprises and things changed part that you were talking about. Not about the pinned part. Sorry for the miscomm.

DigiMark007
NO. I know you said it was pinned wrong. But I was talking about the part where surprises and things changed part that you were talking about. Not about the pinned part. Sorry for the miscomm.

Right. I know that. But if you think that switching versions of a character to a slightly more powerful one is tourney-changing, then the first round of battles is going to blow your mind.

fangirl101
Right. I know that. But if you think that switching versions of a character to a slightly more powerful one is tourney-changing, then the first round of battles is going to blow your mind.
I never switched. That was the point. I always said Power Pax. But some people were wondering what the hell I was doing with Just G force on my team. And I'm not too worried about the first round tourney. It's all in fun. But be not decieved, I've got a couple of cakes in the oven, a pot or two on the stove, and a turkey burger on the george forman. I'm cooking up some stuff.

AlmightyKfish
I never switched. That was the point. I always said Power Pax. But some people were wondering what the hell I was doing with Just G force on my team. And I'm not too worried about the first round tourney. It's all in fun. But be not decieved, I've got a couple of cakes in the oven, a pot or two on the stove, and a turkey burger on the george forman. I'm cooking up some stuff.

Dammit now I'm hungry.

DigiMark007
I never switched. That was the point. I always said Power Pax. But some people were wondering what the hell I was doing with Just G force on my team.

Right. And my point was that it's a good move, since he's obviously more powerful, but not earth-shattering news. I didn't know who G-Force was either until today, so I wasn't locked with a "wtf" look on my face. It's like me having Extremis instead of, hell, whatever an earlier version was. Better, but not catastrophic.

Just bring enough buns from that oven to share. Nobody likes someone who hoards their buns....

confused

fangirl101
Right. And my point was that it's a good move, since he's obviously more powerful, but not earth-shattering news. I didn't know who G-Force was either until today, so I wasn't locked with a "wtf" look on my face. It's like me having Extremis instead of, hell, whatever an earlier version was. Better, but not catastrophic.

Just bring enough buns from that oven to share. Nobody likes someone who hoards their buns....

confused
Don't you hate that? When there is like 20 hotdogs and 12 buns. What is THAT? And at the store they give you like 10 burgers and 8 buns in a pack. I most def will have to hoard my buns.

DigiMark007
Time to end the lame analogy. We're both guilty.

Somebody post odds or something damnit.

fangirl101

Well.... You started the lame analogy. I just tried to make it funny. I predict that who ever has miss martian and emma frost is going to beat some serious ass without lifting a finger in combat. My bet is on that team. With Fangirl coming in a very distant second. smile

AlmightyKfish

Everyone got bored and went to buy buns.

-K-M-
10-1 -K-M- does a run in with some obscure character and beats everyone

Boy Blue
Lol @ the Miss Martian/Emma > all prediction.Originally posted by -K-M-
10-1 -K-M- does a run in with some obscure character and beats everyone See: Editor Girl

DigiMark007
Well.... You started the lame analogy. I just tried to make it funny. I predict that who ever has miss martian and emma frost is going to beat some serious ass without lifting a finger in combat. My bet is on that team. With Fangirl coming in a very distant second. smile

M'gann is overrated. I'm looking forward to facing her.

And you said you were "cooking" some good plans. I fell victim to following along, but no way in hell I'm taking credit for starting the analogy.

Also, Mungi would own. I'll co-sign his comments.

Blair Wind
no expression

I think the discussion on food should just be ignored, and we can all pretend it never happened.

Also for Odds, excluding my team, I say Leo and Digi have the best teams, and Kandy picked a very versatile one. Id give it 2, 3, 4 for them in that order shifty

Ha-Son
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Everyone got bored and went to buy buns.
Underdog of the tourney. I bet this guy will win.

ha-som

fangirl101

Is just what?

Charlotte DeBel
M'gann is overrated. I'm looking forward to facing her.

And you said you were "cooking" some good plans. I fell victim to following along, but no way in hell I'm taking credit for starting the analogy.

Also, Mungi would own. I'll co-sign his comments.

M'gann sucks ass as telepath and not too battle savy. One-to-one, say, Sinister pwns her EASILY...so overrated in some sence, you're right.

Ha-Son
Is just what?
Laughable? srug

fangirl101
Originally posted by Ha-Son
Laughable? srug
Really? Why? Explain to me what is so laughable about a team that boast such a versatile and powerful roster?

Ha-Son
Really? Why? Explain to me what is so laughable about a team that boast such a versatile and powerful roster?
Ask Endrict, he's the one who said "Fangirl101's team is laughing". Saying it was laughable was just my interpretation of his smiley.

DigiMark007
I took it to mean "amusing." As in, there's potential and it's not necessarily bad, but it's strange as hell.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Ha-Son
Ask Endrict, he's the one who said "Fangirl101's team is laughing". Saying it was laughable was just my interpretation of his smiley.
Oh. I figured you might know. Maybe I have a glaring weak team and I dont know it. sad

fangirl101
I took it to mean "amusing." As in, there's potential and it's not necessarily bad, but it's strange as hell.
It is strange as hell. But I like to defende myself. And my team has the best defense in the entire tourney. really. against EVERY form of attack. i dont' mind not being able to wipe everyone out with one nuke or punch everyone to hell. smile

Scoobless
my team has the best defense in the entire tourney.

That remains to be seen.

whistling

fangirl101
That remains to be seen.

whistling
You should prolly research them. big grin I researched everyone elses teams.

Scoobless
I stand by my smilie!

whistling whistling whistling

fangirl101
I stand by my smilie!

whistling whistling whistling
You should be very confident of your smile.

DigiMark007
You should prolly research them. big grin I researched everyone elses teams.

We all do our homework, at least anyone who expects to have a chance to win. So as much as I love the worthless pre-battle posturing and slight reveals of strategies, I'm not so sure any of us will truly know our place in the scheme of things until a few weeks have elapsed in battles.

id369
The fun part is the research, and figuring out what members are scheming. Cant really say if our team is offensive/deffensive driven. More like an adapting, type.

Looking forward to the stiff competition. Fangirl good luck.

Boy Blue
Yeah, comments about whose defense are best is, at this point, baseless.

It can be said with absolute confidence that I'll win though.

Scoobless
It can be said with absolute confidence that I'll win though.

There's a first time for everything I suppose ... whistling

Boy Blue
There's a first time for everything I suppose ... whistling 2nd time, if we ever get around to awarding me the win for Delph's last tourney.

Speaking of that, Digi...

Newjak
It was unfinished.

And I'm going with Leo, and Scoobs. No other team/person has as many titles, and experience as these two.

Boy Blue
Originally posted by Newjak
It was unfinished.

And I'm going with Leo, and Scoobs. No other team/person has as many titles, and experience as these two. But I was leaps and bounds beyond all other teams in terms of points, as well as being undefeated. I never even had a judge vote against me.

No way that we can finish the tourney now, but I deserve recognition for it either way.

Scoobless
I

I

me

I

no expression

stick out tongue

Boy Blue
no expression

stick out tongue Naturally, I attribute all my wins to the one tourney post you made.

haermm

Bran helped in the drafts, you helped make the finished team and strats, and Paul made a couple posts.

You can all get 1/3 of a win.

Scoobless
I made at least 3 or 4 posts ... embarrasment

I was working a lot at that time though ... then my internet connection went crappy for a month or so.

Boy Blue
Well, I'm not about to go count your posts (lolz). Point is, the team was kicking ass and their should be some closure to the whole thing.

Newjak
But I was leaps and bounds beyond all other teams in terms of points, as well as being undefeated. I never even had a judge vote against me.

No way that we can finish the tourney now, but I deserve recognition for it either way. Deserve recognition for what the fact that three matches into a tourney, which didn't even go half way through the it, you happened to have more points.

I remember you also having the lead in points in one other recent tourney that you lost shifty

DigiMark007
2nd time, if we ever get around to awarding me the win for Delph's last tourney.

Speaking of that, Digi...

Pfft! We were still in semis. You were assured of nothing. Even with the undefeated moniker to hang your hat on, the fact that after a certain point we were basically assured of a semi-final spot meant that we weren't bringing our A-game. I know our team didn't, and we weren't the only ones.

Well, I'm not about to go count your posts (lolz). Point is, the team was kicking ass and their should be some closure to the whole thing.

Disagree. It's unfortunate for all, but at this point I don't even have the scans for that tourney, nor do I remember the details of our team, strategy, and tourney nuances. It would be pointless to finish it so far after the main portion that it has no resemblance to the earlier tourney.

leonidas
just say it digi--it don't matter cuz we woulda whooped him. big grin

and as i recall, we had bw's team exactly where we wanted them . . . shifty

Newjak

and as i recall, we had bw's team exactly where we wanted them . . . shifty T3 Happy Dance

leonidas
dance

Newjak
I still have the Avi but only cause I'm too lazy to change it to something else stick out tongue

Boy Blue
Deserve recognition for what the fact that three matches into a tourney, which didn't even go half way through the it, you happened to have more points.

I remember you also having the lead in points in one other recent tourney that you lost shifty What? We were part way through the semis... Which was more than three matches and more than halfway. We were two matches away from the finals.

And to answer your question, yes. Recognition for that. And yes, I realize I still could have lost, but (to address both NJ and Digi), I also realize we can't finish things now. I don't think it's undeserving on my part to want to put a wrap on the whole thing and let it be finished.

Still, do what you want. We all know what the score was, and that concrete result is all that matters now.

Blair Wind

and as i recall, we had bw's team exactly where we wanted them . . . shifty

We beat you the first match of the semis, and no one voted on the second one no expression

DigiMark007
Don't get bent out of shape Smurph. I would have liked to finish it too, but was just stating the obvious when I said it was far too late for such a thing. If I thought we could just pick it up where we left off, I'd be for it too. But it wouldn't happen at this point.

I know something about close misses in tourneys, so I can empathize. You had a kickass team, and likely would've made the finals. Beyond that, it would just be speculation. But it was an excellent showing, regardless.

leonidas
We beat you the first match of the semis, and no one voted on the second one no expression

exactly . . . shifty

illadelph12
laughing

Boy Blue
Don't get bent out of shape Smurph. I would have liked to finish it too, but was just stating the obvious when I said it was far too late for such a thing. If I thought we could just pick it up where we left off, I'd be for it too. But it wouldn't happen at this point.

I know something about close misses in tourneys, so I can empathize. You had a kickass team, and likely would've made the finals. Beyond that, it would just be speculation. But it was an excellent showing, regardless. I'm not upset about it. Certainly not after this much time. I just answered how I felt. The title of champ doesn't paerticularly bother me, I just wish we could acknowledge that it happened.

I never wanted to debate the rest of it out- HELL no. Just wanted closure in the sense of declaring all the different places.

But oh well. Like I said, we all know what the score was (namely, I pwned you all stick out tongue )

DigiMark007
I have a section on it in the tourney respect thread. I say it never finished, but mention all the teams that were still alive, and said the winner would've come out of there.

If you'd like, I could mention in the section that Blair/DC and yourself were ahead in the semis 1-0 (you won your first match, right?). But trying to determine results, even with part of them done, would be far too speculative for me to feel comfortable about it.

Boy Blue
I have a section on it in the tourney respect thread. I say it never finished, but mention all the teams that were still alive, and said the winner would've come out of there.

If you'd like, I could mention in the section that Blair/DC and yourself were ahead in the semis 1-0 (you won your first match, right?). But trying to determine results, even with part of them done, would be far too speculative for me to feel comfortable about it. Nein.

Scoobless
Just award Smurph & partner the title already ... you know you guy's couldn't stand up to that team (which was 5/6ths drafted by someone else and 1/6th drafted by someone else again)

whistling

illadelph12
I award the victory to Leonidas... evil face

leonidas
flex

Scoobless
I award the victory to Leonidas... evil face

Oh please ... Leo sucks and you know it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas
which of course is exactly why i am completely happy sitting back and letting YOU do all the work. big grin

DigiMark007
Oh please ... Leo sucks and you know it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

True, but I was his partner for that tourney. I'm quite sure ill was trying to be kind and not give the title to the real brains of the operation.

Regardless, if leo wins then so did I.

happy

leonidas
that's right digi, it was all you, man!

(say, what was the score in that semi-final again, bw . . .? shifty )

heh

Blair Wind
Match 1 of 3:

Votes for Team Blair/DC:
Delph
Soljer

No one else voted (thus we won) and we went on to Match 2 of 3, which no one else voted on. Match 3 of 3 never took place.

Team Blair/DC: 1
Team Leo/Digi/NJ/Batdude/Whoever: 0

leonidas
damn, no wonder i was losing! too many cooks in that kitchen! big grin

Newjak
damn, no wonder i was losing! too many cooks in that kitchen! big grin Hey I knew my role perfectly.

I was there to ride your guys' coattails to victory while doing nothing to make us lose stick out tongue

Scoobless
Hey I knew my role perfectly.

I was there to ride your guys' coattails to victory while doing nothing to make us lose stick out tongue

You weren't allowed to post?

sad

Newjak
You weren't allowed to post?

sad Only against Nvr embarrasment

DigiMark007
Hey, you rode well, friend. Not sure if we would've taken you there (it would've been close), but it was a fun ride.

I even scared the pants off of leo's kids when we were IM'ing over strategy and I switched to voice chat. Good times.

Newjak
Hey, you rode well, friend. Not sure if we would've taken you there (it would've been close), but it was a fun ride.

I even scared the pants off of leo's kids when we were IM'ing over strategy and I switched to voice chat. Good times. I had faith in your ability to plow me through into a tourney championship. stick out tongue

And yes there were many fun times, and very interesting things we ahd planned.

illadelph12
Hey I knew my role perfectly.

I was there to ride you guys'stick out tongue

I even scared the pants off of leo's kids. Good times.

I had faith in your ability to plow me through. stick out tongue

And yes there were many fun times, and very interesting things we ahd planned.

smh...

DigiMark007
I don't even remember half of them. After seeing the prep nonsense from other teams, I just remembering sighing as we jumped off the deep end with crazy plans in order to keep up. But most of that tourney is a blur to me. I remember being excited about Iron Spidey, Gideon copying everything in sight, and that's about it.

illadelph12
damn, no wonder i was losing! too many cocks in that kitchen! big grin

E tu, Leo...

Newjak
smh... I see what you did there hmm

I don't even remember half of them. After seeing the prep nonsense from other teams, I just remembering sighing as we jumped off the deep end with crazy plans in order to keep up. But most of that tourney is a blur to me. I remember being excited about Iron Spidey, Gideon copying everything in sight, and that's about it. I remember the long chats about who we were going to draft. big grin

DigiMark007
It's starting to come back to me. I remember my (was it gundam wing?) friend going ape-sh*t when I told him the one battlefield, and then prepping me with more info than I'd ever need on it. Helped, though. We were blowing f***ing cities up with the main ship, and had the gideons in mech-bots or something. Those battlefields were annoying though. There was a catch to all of them, so it made for constant research. I like the bland battlefields of this tourney much better. 'cept for that DBZ one (where I thankfully have a bye). It can rot.

Charlotte DeBel
It's starting to come back to me. I remember my (was it gundam wing?) friend going ape-sh*t when I told him the one battlefield, and then prepping me with more info than I'd ever need on it. Helped, though. We were blowing f***ing cities up with the main ship, and had the gideons in mech-bots or something. Those battlefields were annoying though. There was a catch to all of them, so it made for constant research. I like the bland battlefields of this tourney much better. 'cept for that DBZ one (where I thankfully have a bye). It can rot.

Pretty much can cosign you on that. The previous tourney was too much about exploiting battlefields, and there's no instant "battle-winning" battlefield option here...
I'm glad the "DBZ week" is bye for me as well, I've never been much into DBZ- disliked it, actually.

Scoobless
Pretty much can cosign you on that. The previous tourney was too much about exploiting battlefields, and there's no instant "battle-winning" battlefield option here...
I'm glad the "DBZ week" is bye for me as well, I've never been much into DBZ- disliked it, actually.

Meh, the time chamber from DBZ was virtually featureless ... just an open, flat landscape that stretched on forever (apart from a small area for eating/sleeping) Only thing of note was that it had much greater gravity than Earth.

It's probably the most fair battlefield here actually ... absolutely nothing that one team can use against another (unless you want to throw a bag of rice)

id369

DigiMark007
DBZ = teh fale. Featureless or not.

So happy I have a bye...

*goes to check just to make sure*

crackers

Faux Smurph
I had faith in your ability to plow me I lol'd.

The rest of the posts just add to it.

"I was just there to ride you guys"

"Many interesting and fun things we had planned"

Etc.

Symmetric Chaos
Meh, the time chamber from DBZ was virtually featureless ... just an open, flat landscape that stretched on forever (apart from a small area for eating/sleeping) Only thing of note was that it had much greater gravity than Earth.

It's probably the most fair battlefield here actually ... absolutely nothing that one team can use against another (unless you want to throw a bag of rice)

Actually the gravity increased the further one went from the entry way which made it useful for a sort of resistance training. Not that I ever watched it or anything.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Actually the gravity increased the further one went from the entry way which made it useful for a sort of resistance training. Not that I ever watched it or anything.

Geek ... ermm

Newjak
Originally posted by Faux Smurph
I lol'd.

The rest of the posts just add to it.

"I was just there to ride you guys"

"Many interesting and fun things we had planned"

Etc. You would no expression

Badabing
Newjak.......uhuh

leonidas
yeah, newjak.......uhuh

leonidas
heh

Newjak
What'd I do stick out tongue

Badabing
Just being yourself is enough....uhuh

J.J. Dyn-O-Mite
yeah, newjak.......uhuh
Newjak....uhuh

Scoobless
sombrero2

Newjak
Originally posted by Badabing
Just being yourself is enough....uhuh True hmm

Dr Hackenbush
True hmm

Your scent, the "lack-of-shower" odor of yours, brings tears to my eyes.

Scoobless
I see some teams have already started wearing tourney related sigs ... Digi seems to have opted for re-using and oldy rather than applying himself and aiming for a full team pic.

leonidas
I see some teams have already started wearing tourney related sigs ... Digi seems to have opted for re-using and oldy rather than applying himself and aiming for a full team pic.

so, when are you gonna make US a team sig . . .? stick out tongue

scratch that--i'm remembering that big foot sig . . . shock

Scoobless
so, when are you gonna make US a team sig . . .? stick out tongue

scratch that--i'm remembering that big foot sig . . . shock

**** you! ... my Bigfoot noir-ish sig rocked.

mad

leonidas
laughing

no

and . . . noir-ish . . .? blink

Scoobless
My BF sig(s) >>> Your "Kali" sigs

yes

leonidas
pfft. as if.

leonidas
oh, and have you finished the plan yet? you know, the one where we crush bw&smurph--AGAIN . . . yawn

stick out tongue

Scoobless
Why would we need a plan? ... it's just BW & Smurph.

confused

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>