Taskmaster runs the Bat family gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bouboumaster
1- Robin
2- Red Hood
3- Nightwing
4- Cassandra Cain
5- Batman himself

In Gotham
They are normally equipped.

Taskmaster is hired by the Falcone Family.
Each head go with a price:
Robin is 100 000$, Red Hood is 300 000$, Nightwing is 750 000$, Cass is 500 000$ and Batman is 2 000 000$. In other words, Taskmaster is really motivated to kill them all.

Taskmaster have rent a safe-house too in Gotham. One week of recovery (no prep!) between each bounty.

If he go at 5, Taskmaster have access to 5 minutes of fighting from Batman on a videotape, and Batman receive a mysterious phone call from some "Shield director or something" 5 minutes before the hunt, telling him "what" is the Taskmaster, and what he's able to do.

Mindset
Batman receives a phone call from Deadpool about TM at 5. eek!

occultdestroyer
Stops at 4 or 5.
And if it's his lucky day, clears it.

spetznaz
If it is H2H fighting only, then he has a good chance of clearing it.

However, if it is not H2H fighting (meaning that the Bat family can do whatever the heck they want to do and are not limited to fighting agianst TM using fists and kicks) then I doubt TM will get past the Red Hood.

Thus the outcome of this gauntlet depends on whether the Bat family is limited (I've noticed many characters on KMc are limited ....e.g. for instance saying that Black Adam cannot use speed or flight so as to give another character a 'chance,' when all that means is that BA is already superior to that character otherwise they wouldn't be impeding him by taking out 1/2 of his combat abilities. Reminds me of an old thread that asked if Superman could defeat 'Pineapple Thing' if Superman has one hand tied behind his back with Adamantium binds) ....anyways, it depends on whether it is an anything goes fight, or if it is the (now) usual KMC set-up where characters are limited.

If limited to H2H, then Taskmaster can defeat the gauntlet.

If it is anything goes, then TM probably will not even get past the Red Hood.

spetznaz
Oh ...and one more thing.

Let's assume that Task Master is successful, and manages to take down (in this case, kill) everyone from Robin to Nightwing to Batgirl ....and then Batman receives a call telling him about Taskmaster, who he is, and becomes aware that his young proteges are dead.

Let's just say that the things Batman will do to him would be illegal in any country. For that matter Batman would definitely kill Taskmaster (and for those who say that Bruce would never kill, it should be noted that the guy almost broke when Jason died, and also recently ....when he was doing that Buddhist meditation technique that has the person experience death ....he was also falling apart. The guy is always on a razor's edge, and the deaths of all his proteges would definitely be the final step towards making Batman the monster that he truly is. Again, and I've brought this up often, the guy received a Qwardian ring out of the entire sector .....because of the fear generation in him. He is not a good character, and it has been stated that it is his 'kids' that ground him. If ALL of them are killed, what do you think will happen to a guy who already has one foot in the shadows?)

Also, killing Taskmaster doesn't have to be final. Batman has several ways of bringing people back to life (when he was exploring Jason's resurrection he went around exploring the various ways in which a dead person could come back to life). Also consider that he has a Lazarus Pit in the Bat cave (I tell ya, one of these days ...if written well ....Batman will crack and become everything that he fought against. He is simply a monster that hunts other monsters, but what happens when all the monsters are locked up? This is why I liked the series Batman: Crimson mist/Red Rain and the other one, where Batman is a vampire hunting criminals. Once the criminals in Arkham and Blackgate are finished, he is faced with a dilemma. His usual prey, the 'evil ones,' are finished ....and only good people are left. The ending of the trilogy of graphic novels was quite good).

Anyways, if Task master succeeds (which i don't think he will in an anything goes match, but assuming he succeeds in killing all of the bat family) then he will face a Batman who will be the real monster that he truly is.

In which case I'd hope that he succeeds ....I'd love the criminal world to see just how lucky they have been all those years that Batman was 'good.'

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by spetznaz
Oh ...and one more thing.

Let's assume that Task Master is successful, and manages to take down (in this case, kill) everyone from Robin to Nightwing to Batgirl ....and then Batman receives a call telling him about Taskmaster, who he is, and becomes aware that his young proteges are dead.

Let's just say that the things Batman will do to him would be illegal in any country. For that matter Batman would definitely kill Taskmaster (and for those who say that Bruce would never kill, it should be noted that the guy almost broke when Jason died, and also recently ....when he was doing that Buddhist meditation technique that has the person experience death ....he was also falling apart. The guy is always on a razor's edge, and the deaths of all his proteges would definitely be the final step towards making Batman the monster that he truly is. Again, and I've brought this up often, the guy received a Qwardian ring out of the entire sector .....because of the fear generation in him. He is not a good character, and it has been stated that it is his 'kids' that ground him. If ALL of them are killed, what do you think will happen to a guy who already has one foot in the shadows?)

Also, killing Taskmaster doesn't have to be final. Batman has several ways of bringing people back to life (when he was exploring Jason's resurrection he went around exploring the various ways in which a dead person could come back to life). Also consider that he has a Lazarus Pit in the Bat cave (I tell ya, one of these days ...if written well ....Batman will crack and become everything that he fought against. He is simply a monster that hunts other monsters, but what happens when all the monsters are locked up? This is why I liked the series Batman: Crimson mist/Red Rain and the other one, where Batman is a vampire hunting criminals. Once the criminals in Arkham and Blackgate are finished, he is faced with a dilemma. His usual prey, the 'evil ones,' are finished ....and only good people are left. The ending of the trilogy of graphic novels was quite good).

Anyways, if Task master succeeds (which i don't think he will in an anything goes match, but assuming he succeeds in killing all of the bat family) then he will face a Batman who will be the real monster that he truly is.

In which case I'd hope that he succeeds ....I'd love the criminal world to see just how lucky they have been all those years that Batman was 'good.'

That was an excellent post.

AlmightyKfish
I think Tasky can clear it.

If it's anything goes becomes easier for Tasky, as he can take them out from 500 feet away with a sniper rifle.... That might not work against Batman himself, but Tasky's normal equipment can give him the win anyway.

Bouboumaster
Taskmater normal gear can include too:

Energy shield (use it like Captain America)
A bow and arrow (use it like Hawkeye)
a sword (use it like Black Knight)

spetznaz
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I think Tasky can clear it.

If it's anything goes becomes easier for Tasky, as he can take them out from 500 feet away with a sniper rifle.... That might not work against Batman himself, but Tasky's normal equipment can give him the win anyway.

Read Batman and Batgirl much? Sniper rifles would not have worked against (say) Batgirl even when she was a child. As a small kid she could already evade the bullet from a sniper rifle shot while she was not looking.

Anyways, I still do not think that TM would win if it was an anything goes (unless he just plants a bloody nuke in Gotham and a matching one in Bludhaven), but even if he managed to do so it would just mean he would face a truly blood-lusted Batman.

Task Master has two choices ....he either gets stopped in the early stages (in my opinion by Red Hood), or else he makes it to Batman and then wishes that he HAD been stopped because of what will happen to him after killing Batz 'kids.'

AlmightyKfish
Tasky isn't exactly going to stand there and let a blood lusted Batman kill him.

He's taken on other people in close combat who are just as good as Bats. And if driven over the edge Batman would be more sloppy in combat..

This is of course assuming Batman doesn't pull out a nasty piece of equipment in the 5 min warning he has and scrambled Tasky's brain.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Tasky isn't exactly going to stand there and let a blood lusted Batman kill him.

He's taken on other people in close combat who are just as good as Bats. And if driven over the edge Batman would be more sloppy in combat..

This is of course assuming Batman doesn't pull out a nasty piece of equipment in the 5 min warning he has and scrambled Tasky's brain.

No. He's just aware of Taskmaster's power. He can build-up a strategy to take him down in this 5 minutes, but no Motherbox, or no "Bat-Baddies reppelant".

Mindset
Originally posted by spetznaz
Read Batman and Batgirl much? Sniper rifles would not have worked against (say) Batgirl even when she was a child. As a small kid she could already evade the bullet from a sniper rifle shot while she was not looking.

Anyways, I still do not think that TM would win if it was an anything goes (unless he just plants a bloody nuke in Gotham and a matching one in Bludhaven), but even if he managed to do so it would just mean he would face a truly blood-lusted Batman.

Task Master has two choices ....he either gets stopped in the early stages (in my opinion by Red Hood), or else he makes it to Batman and then wishes that he HAD been stopped because of what will happen to him after killing Batz 'kids.'
There is no way Taskmaster gets stopped by Red Hood.

Taskmaster has every advantage over him, even Robin beat him recently.

godking
Originally posted by Mindset
There is no way Taskmaster gets stopped by Red Hood.

Taskmaster has every advantage over him, even Robin beat him recently. Taskmaster makes it to 4 at least and yes Red hood has been beaten by Robin.

Does someone have the pic of Todd talking thrash and being put down by a kick in the nads by Robin.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Mindset
Taskmaster has every advantage over him, even Robin beat him recently.

That doesn't seem like the norm to me. erm

tkitna
I definately think he stops at 3, maybe 2.

Maybe i'm wrong, but I dont he'll ever clear it.

Mindset
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
That doesn't seem like the norm to me. erm And exactly what is the norm?

He was beaten by Dick as well.

TM is a better fighter than Dick as much as I hate to admit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.