movie superman & batman vs. movie silver surfer & spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
the movis versions of all four takes place in uptown manhatten.

Enyalus
Movie Surfer took out Galactus. wink He solos.

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by Enyalus
Movie Surfer took out a cloud.
Fixed.

Enyalus
Yeah...there is that. lol

Prime#
Feat wise, Superman solos. Cellophane S ftw

Darth Martin
Superman>>>>Silver Surfer>>>Spider-Man>>Batman

Priest
If I'm not mistaken, Movie Surfer does have matter manipulation...

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by Priest
If I'm not mistaken, Movie Surfer does have matter manipulation...
So does movie Superman if you count his Rebuild the Great Wall of China-vision.

horrorwolf
Team 2, and Movie Batman is the weakest link here by far.

Val-E-Doosh
Spidey and Bats are inconsequential to the outcome.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
Spidey and Bats are inconsequential to the outcome.

Very true, but I think its still demoralizing to Superman to see weakest link Batman get pwned by Spidey in no time flat....before Routh himself gets trashed by Surfer.

Val-E-Doosh
I don't see how it would be demoralizing considering Superman and Batman don't know each other.

And Surfer can't beat Supes.

Aztec123
Superman lifted a small continent made from kryptonite while weakend. no expression

Surfer for the win. wink

Wei Phoenix
knock Movie SS off his board and he is powerless. I don't think Supes will have trouble doing that.

spetznaz
Bruce and Parker might as well sit by the sidelines and watch the fight, because getting involved would just have them killed for no discernible purpose whatsoever.

This fight is simply between movie Superman and movie Surfer.

Now, if it was the comic versions I would choose differently (in my opinion comic Surfer would absolutely wreck Superman), but the movie versions are totally different.

Movie Superman was basically a pre-Crisis version of Superman, with the feats to back it up.

Movie Surfer was basically a base-level matter-manipulator who was a pale shadow of his comic-book iteration. It doesn't matter whether or not knocking him off his board denudes him of his power ...even if the power was from within and not the board, it wouldn't affect the outcome much (the board connectivity issue simply gives Superman one more way of defeating the movie version of the Silver Surfer).

Anyways, the first team wins. Each Superman movie (even the one with Routh in it, although he was part of the Reeves continuity and it was the same Superman) basically portrayed pre-Crisis level feats. Movie Surfer has nothing on that (it was interesting, hilarious even, seeing the Fantastic Four engaging Doom with Surfer's powers physically).

II think movie Superman is probably the only character who is as powerful as the comic book iteration. Other characters I can think of are always weaker, in many cases significantly weaker.

Movie superman was as strong (and in a couple of cases, stronger, than the modern version since he is basically at pre-Crisis levels). Other characters who are more or less equal to their comic iterations are movie Spiderman, and movie Spawn. All other characters i can think of (e.g. Hulk, Silver Surfer, Batman, the X-men, etc) are always weaker than their comic versions .....in many cases significantly weaker to a high order of magnitude.

Oh ....I'd have to say Jean Gray in the X3 movie was also quite powerful. The movie sucked, but powerwise she was not like the movie Hulk.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by spetznaz
Bruce and Parker might as well sit by the sidelines and watch the fight, because getting involved would just have them killed for no discernible purpose whatsoever.

This fight is simply between movie Superman and movie Surfer.

Now, if it was the comic versions I would choose differently (in my opinion comic Surfer would absolutely wreck Superman), but the movie versions are totally different.

Movie Superman was basically a pre-Crisis version of Superman, with the feats to back it up.

Movie Surfer was basically a base-level matter-manipulator who was a pale shadow of his comic-book iteration. It doesn't matter whether or not knocking him off his board denudes him of his power ...even if the power was from within and not the board, it wouldn't affect the outcome much (the board connectivity issue simply gives Superman one more way of defeating the movie version of the Silver Surfer).

Anyways, the first team wins. Each Superman (even the one with Routh in it, although he was part of the Reeves continuity and it was the same Superman) basically portrayed pre-Crisis level feats. Movie Surfer has nothing on that (it was interesting, hilarious even, seeing the Fantastic Four engaging Doom with Surfer's powers physically).

I'm trying to think, but I think movie Superman is probably the only character who is as powerful as the comic book iteration. Other characters I can think of are always weaker, in many cases significantly weaker.

Movie superman was as strong (and in a couple of cases, stronger, than the modern version since he is basically at pre-Crisis levels). Other characters who are more or less equal to their comic iterations are movie Spiderman, and movie Spawn.

Movie Spawn? Really watered down compared to ADVANCED comics version, actual (more or less) portrayal of him at the very beginning of his carreer.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Movie Spawn? Really watered down compared to ADVANCED comics version, actual (more or less) portrayal of him at the very beginning of his carreer.
That's true, compared to the advanced comics versions you are talking about (e.g. the so called 'god Spawn').

However, the movie Spawn was basically ol' Al at the beginning of 'career' when he came back as a Hell's Pawn (I prefer writing it like that since that is what he is), and it matched Al at the beginning of the comics when he came back.

The two (movie and comics), once you factor in the time-sequence for both the movie and the comics (they are both starting out) has them quite equal.

Obviously movie Spawn is much weaker than the awakened versions of Spawn (where he is ruling hell and all that), but he was not ruling hell when he came back from the dead as a pawn of the Malebolgia.

Placidity
The thing is, Surfer beat Galactus. Even if you say it was just a "Cloud", it was a cloud powerful enough that it was about to literally consume the whole Planet.

I guess you could probably say his power level is inconsistent in the film.

Just something to think about.

OneDumbG0
If I recall... the only way they could knock Surfer off his board was by using some gizmo doohickey that Reed and Doom created. Movie Surfer > movie Superman, IMHO.

strifex6
^ I AGREE ^

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by Placidity
The thing is, Surfer beat Galactus. Even if you say it was just a "Cloud", it was a cloud powerful enough that it was about to literally consume the whole Planet.

I guess you could probably say his power level is inconsistent in the film.

Just something to think about.
I don't think it's beyond movie Superman to destroy a planet given that he was basically Pre-COIE Supes.

As far as Surfer beating a cloud named Galactus goes, it just depends on how durable you think said cloud was.

OneDumbG0
I don't think it's beyond movie Superman to destroy a planet given that he was basically Pre-COIE Supes.

As far as Surfer beating a cloud named Galactus goes, it just depends on how durable you think said cloud was. Reeve Superman strained while catching the Statue of Liberty. PC Superman sneezed galaxies away. Not the same thing.

At all.

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Reeve Superman strained while catching the Statue of Liberty. PC Superman sneezed galaxies away. Not the same thing.

At all.
1. It was a solar system
2. PC Superman also got beat up by a monkey.

OneDumbG0
1. It was a solar system
2. PC Superman also got beat up by a monkey. 1. I see.
2. dur

lawest9
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Reeve Superman strained while catching the Statue of Liberty. PC Superman sneezed galaxies away. Not the same thing.

At all. You should remember that reeve superman was hurt and weakened by nuclear man just before he caught the statue of liberty with just one hand while rubbing his injured neck with the other hand, also reeve supes could spin around the earth multiple times in just seconds and bush time backwards which means he could very likely time travel backwards or forwards, he also barehanded pushed the moon in front of the sun cutting off nuclear mans source of energy, i think movie supes was very much like pre-crisis supes.

kgkg
1. It was a solar system
2. PC Superman also got beat up by a monkey.
it was a pre crisis Monkey

Takion
Originally posted by kgkg
it was a pre crisis Monkey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.