Darth Bane + Darth Caedus vs. Mace Windu + Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Crimzon
Combatants: A team of Darth Caedus and Darth Bane versus a team of Mace Windu and Exar Kun.

Conditions: Darth Bane has his orbalisks, and Kun has his amulets. Mace Windu, as usual, has his Vaapad and Shatterpoint abilities at his disposal.

Sabers-

Force-

All-Out-

So, who do you think takes this match?

Faunus
Team 1 takes all three thanks to Windu's Jedi affiliation. He'd be deadly in sabers, but either Bane or Caedus would be capable of killing him, and they're both almost certainly superior to Kun in that regard. In Force, Mace dies and Kun is left alone to fend off two freakishly powerful Sith, and in an all-out situation either Mace gets killed via the Force, or Kun gets cut down in a duel.

Edit: Nice thread though.

Gideon
Windu versus Caedus would be an interesting one to reason out and debate, since Caedus is also one of the very few masters of the shatterpoint charism.

Faunus
I thought that was Luke.

Oh, f*ck it.

Master Crimzon
Well, I personally disagree that either Caedus or Bane can defeat Mace. Why? Vaapad and Shatterpoint. I don't think that Mace- even in his 'natural state'- is slower than either Bane or Jacen (you yourself listed both Jacen and Mace in the 'tier 2', and agreed with me when I said that Bane should go there too), and is physically conditioned to an insane point; he can match strength with Jacen in his regular state, and his Vaapad should give him some of Bane's advantages, thereby gaining a stalemate. Now then, this can last a while, but I think Mace's Shatterpoint is perfect against Bane; to know percisely when to disarm him, or remove his hand/injure him. Could go either way, though.

I agree with you on the subject of Kun, though. And the force fight? The question is; if they are in the middle of a duel, can Jacen and Bane take avoid amulet blasts?

I'm undecided myself. And thanks for the compliment.

Edit: Sh!t, Gideon reminded me that Jacen has Shatterpoint, too. I guess that makes a duel between them tougher to predict...

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
I thought that was Luke.

Oh, f*ck it.

Both mastered it.

Darth Subjekt
Team 1 takes all three thanks to Windu's Jedi affiliation. He'd be deadly in sabers, but either Bane or Caedus would be capable of killing him, and they're both almost certainly superior to Kun in that regard. In Force, Mace dies and Kun is left alone to fend off two freakishly powerful Sith, and in an all-out situation either Mace gets killed via the Force, or Kun gets cut down in a duel.

Edit: Nice thread though.

Faunus
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
I agree with you on the subject of Kun, though. And the force fight? The question is; if they are in the middle of a duel, can Jacen and Bane take avoid amulet blasts?
It's not like the amulet blasts are all Kun can field; the ebony or ordinary lightning, the energy bolt that took out Aleema Keto, the wave of his hand that killed Odan-Urr, and his aggrandized telekinesis are all viable options.

As to Mace vs. Caedus; I wasn't aware that the latter had access to the shatterpoint ability. If that's the case, then I'm leaning in favor of Caedus. As it is, he was capable of contending with Luke rather well even if you exclude the traps and weapons he'd set up, and he can clearly take injuries like no other. Mace, as much as I like the character, was finished once he'd lost a single hand, although his showings in Shatterpoint were clearly impressive. Jacen, for all intents and purposes, got the better of Jaina twice using one arm and with a stab wound through his abdomen.

Lightsnake
Don't forget he still could have killed her if he hadn't abandoned his guard to scream out to Tenel Ka.

And that being when he'd lost use of a leg, too

Faunus
I don't understand why they needed to kill off both of the formerly interesting Solo children. Jaina was always typical, boring, and annoying in my experience. Anakin was the prodigy, and Jacen was a treehugger.

Lightsnake
You know what bothers me a lot? In a totally unnecessary, sub par series,they found a way to kill off major characters as Jacen, while taking a somewhat interesting fall to the Dark Side and turning him into a stereotypical lunatic for Inferno on...along with Mara and Pellaeon. And Pellaeon's death was embarrassingly awful...as was Tahiri becoming a Sith Apprentice.

Granted by this point Jacen is so insane, he could have sold her to a brothel and it wouldn't have been too crazy for him

Faunus
Apparently, she tried to seduce Ben. A fifteen (fourteen?) year-old kid being seduced by a sad, thirty year-old woman? I mean, really, her ex-boyfriend's nephew?

Lightsnake
I kid you not, but the fleet actually decided to IGNORE Pellaeon's dying wish to fight against Jacen.

You know, Pellaeon. The man who counted on the loyalty of the fleet to safeguard the war effort from the Moffs and was one hundred percent right? The fleet joins the Moffs against, y'know, the people who murder him.

Oh, and let's not forget Daala becoming the Chief of State.

Gideon
Grand Admiral Gilad Pellaeon was, hands down, the greatest character in the entire mythos. His death pissed me off to no end. I actually nearly cried.

Master Crimzon
Well, how long did Jacen have to master his Shatterpoint ability? It was a vital thing for Mace over a very long period of time.

And Mace still has his Vaapad; although, that being said, Jacen's fortitude could give him the win.

So, everyone. What do YOU think? xD

Enyalus

I agree with everything said here...

Darth Exodus
Faunus has the right idea and the winning post, although it might be slightly closer/tougher than some think.

Master Crimzon
Does anyone disagree with Mace and Exar dying?

I hate it when there's no debating. Lolz.

Come to think of it, though... do you think the outcome would be different if Exar Kun was replaced with, say, Revan? Do you think Revan is stronger or weaker than Exar Kun?

Faunus
Does anyone disagree with Mace and Exar dying?If you take out Mace and put in another powerful Sith - but not Sidious, cuz he's boring - things would be less cut and dry.

Really? You hate getting owned by the Faunz?

Dunno. He's probably more well-versed in the dark side, or at least has had exposure to different material, he's clearly a fierce duelist (Mandalore, Yusanis, SF Malak), and apparently has exceptional Force potential to boot, but Kun was a beast even in death. Besides, Revan's even more of an unknown that Exar is. Again, take out Mace and put in another Sith, then give that Sith to Bane and Caedus to Exar. Really, Bane and Caedus is a ridiculous team, but Caedus and Kun cover each other's "weaknesses."

Master Crimzon
If you take out Mace and put in another powerful Sith - but not Sidious, cuz he's boring - things would be less cut and dry.

I didn't put Sidious on purpose. Yeah, he's overused in debates.

Really? You hate getting owned by the Faunz?

Ha... ha... ha...

ZOMGZ I OWN Y0U!

Dunno. He's probably more well-versed in the dark side, or at least has had exposure to different material, he's clearly a fierce duelist (Mandalore, Yusanis, SF Malak), and apparently has exceptional Force potential to boot, but Kun was a beast even in death. Besides, Revan's even more of an unknown that Exar is. Again, take out Mace and put in another Sith, then give that Sith to Bane and Caedus to Exar. Really, Bane and Caedus is a ridiculous team, but Caedus and Kun cover each other's "weaknesses."

Interesting suggestions.

Very well, then. Bane... umm... wait, what are Bane's 'weaknesses'?

No, I'm just kiddin'. Bane and Vader (suited) versus Caedus and Kun.

Faunus
Well, Caedus has already been stated to be more powerful than Vader, and would pretty much crush him in a duel.

Yeah, maybe should make it Bane / Caedus vs. Yoda / Exar Kun. I can see the attraction in having Mace in there, but he'd just get trampled by the Sith in a Force or all-out fight.

Master Crimzon
I thought the more logical matchup would be Vader vs. Kun and Caedus vs. Bane. Well, that's because I think that Caedus > Vader and Bane > Kun, but hey, I suppose Yoda + Kun vs. Bane/Caedus works, too. We can try that.

Schwarzenegger
Well, Caedus has already been stated to be more powerful than Vader, and would pretty much crush him in a duel.

You mean "annhilate" vader with relative ease?

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
You mean "annhilate" vader with relative ease? Happy Dance I Happy DanceLOVE Happy DanceTHESE Happy DanceTHINGS Happy Dance

P.S.Mace is Killed regardless of who wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.