Darth Bane, Krayt & Sion vs. Kyle Katarn, Nomi Sunrider & Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Enyalus
Everyone is at their peak.

1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All-Out

The battle takes place on Ziost.

Sidenote: I think Yoda's peak would be in AOTC, as opposed to ROTS. He's younger, afterall. But whatever you all think. Also, I hope the location avoids this being a stomp in favor of the Jedi...

Lightsnake
It's a damn fine fight, actually...Bane's easily the most powerful Sith here and Yoda the most powerful saber...as for the fight:

Nomi is Sion's worst nightmare with sever Force, which will kill Sion instantly...as far as saber skills go, Kyle is more than capable of holding his own against Krayt, if not killing him. As far as Bane goes, it's a good bet he and Yoda will clash head on and give one another the time, until Kyle and Nomi can come to his aid....I'm sure a full on Bane can resist sever Force like Exar did, but being harried at the same time in a duel with Yoda and Kyle? He's gonna go down.

Faunus
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Nomi is Sion's worst nightmare with sever Force, which will kill Sion instantly...
C'mon. She's done it once, to a broken, crying, and completely lost Ulic when he wasn't even looking it at her. She's a prodigious neophyte at best, and I do not see her successfully pulling this off against experienced, powerful, and ruthless Sith Lords. You don't think that any Jedi Master during the JCW would've thought to try this?

Probably, although I'm not good with Legacy stuff.

Except Nomi will probably have gotten slaughtered by Sion, whose skills would be the most effective in assisting Krayt against Katarn. And once he's dead, Yoda gets to die a very long, drawn out death, although I wouldn't put it past him to severely injure or kill one of his opponents.

EDIT: And yeah, nice thread Enyalus.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Faunus
C'mon. She's done it once, to a broken, crying, and completely lost Ulic when he wasn't even looking it at her. She's a prodigious neophyte at best, and I do not see her successfully pulling this off against experienced, powerful, and ruthless Sith Lords. You don't think that any Jedi Master during the JCW would've thought to try this?
I see my points can be used against me rather well, good show. And to be honest, I don't think any Jedi master during the JCW ever met Sion in the heat of battle and after the Ulic debacle nobody seems to use Sever force again ever four three thousand years.

By the end of that, they'd tempered things to their favors. If this is Nomi at her peak, she's been repeatedly referred to as a legend, one of the greatest Jedi ever to live and seemed to take over as Jedi Grandmaster. Thon noted her as his most powerful student, she's an expert duelist as seen from her instinctual abilities with the saber and her taking on the Krath and Mandos, and it would seem just being able to use Sever Force from Jedi vs. Sith, is something only a powerful Jedi can pull off. Granted, Nomi might not be Odan-the galaxy breathes a sigh of relief for that fact- but Sion is certainly no Exar. At the very least, Nomi can hold her own

Granted, before KOTOR 2, I wouldn't have thought thinking about sex and cards will allow you to kill Jedi. But I was wrong.

Eh, not much Krayt's done in ability besides 'Be A'Sharad Hett' and 'kill four imperial knights.'

And hell, according to The Dark Forces Saga, sever Force is on Kyle's resume as well.

I'm not seeing how Nomi will be slaughtered that easily. Considering she was named as head of the Order above people like Thon, Kavar, Krynda Draay and some other big names, that says a bit for her. Even if Sion kills her, Kyle will likely finish off Krayt and be ready to meet Sion by that point

Probably Krayt. If it's all three on one, they will kill him, though.
Bane isn't going to be able to kill Kyle or Yoda in a hurry, though, both having incredible saber skills on par with or exceeding Bane's own. Really, without the orbalisks, no way would have ever ever managed to survive against Farfalla and Raskta.

Enyalus
I can see both your points. In my opinion, the Jedi Side's talent pool is deeper than the Sith, so I'm going to offer up a few reasons why the Sith Lords might be able to emerge victorious (in no particular order):

Although Nomi has shown the ability to use Force Sever, she's only done it once to a very distraught opponent (see Faunus' post).

Furthermore, Sion wields an advanced version of Force Drain, so it might be a matter of who can get their attack off first.

Sion was also the leading Sith Assassin of the era, meaning he knows how to mask his presence in the Force. It may or may not be a factor in deciding whether Nomi will be able to Sever him.

In addition to Bane having his orbalisk armor, Krayt has his crab armor (which is also lightsaber resistant, and covers most of his head).

Krayt was a general in the Clone Wars and a master of Jar'Kai, so he has considerable lightsaber skill in what era Lucas referred to as the Jedi at their best.

Home field advantage, so to speak - Ziost is heavily steeped in Dark Side energy.

All that being said, I'm still not exactly sure how this would go down. If I had to guess, right now my opinion would go something like:

1. Sabers - Sith Lords. 8/10.
2. Force - Jedi Masters. 6-7/10.
3. All-Out - Sith Lords. 6-7/10.

Pure sabers, the Jedi would have a helluva time getting past Sith armor and the practically immortal guy, especially on Ziost.

I see the Jedi taking the Force contest by a small margin. One reason is Nomi's Force Sever if she is able to use it. However, she's also a master of Force Light, which weakens Dark Siders ability. Plus, the only one who can contend with Yoda's pure Force ability on the Sith team is Bane. I'd have given the Jedi a bigger majority with regards to the Force contest, but again - home field advantage. We don't know how much of a boost the Sith would get, but suffice to say it would be considerable.

Overall, I gave the Sith a small majority due to their durability and the fact that they're very close in terms of mastery of the force. Though, my ratings could be subject to change. This is my initial opinion of the battle.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Enyalus
I can see both your points. In my opinion, the Jedi Side's talent pool is deeper than the Sith, so I'm going to offer up a few reasons why the Sith Lords might be able to emerge victorious (in no particular order):

Although Nomi has shown the ability to use Force Sever, she's only done it once to a very distraught opponent (see Faunus' post).
True. However, this doesn't take away from Nomi's power there. Remember she learned it after...hearing about it once?

I'd rank Nomi as stronger in the force there, to be honest

Likely not one if he's right there in Nomi's line of sight

Kyle's spent a good few years learning how to kill opponents wearing that. And it helpfully covers none of Krayt's neck.

And Kyle's taken on and killed some skilled figures of that era. (Maw, Jerec, etc) He's the Jedi battlemaster, after all.

Didn't seem to bother Yoda on Vjun

I think this is a bit generous to the Sith...Yoda or Katarn would do away with Krayt pretty quickly...either of them would finish Sion in a duel as well...Nomi's a bit of a weak link here, but on anyone except bane, she could hold her own

Again, bit generous to the Sith in the all out

'Sith armor?' As said before, there's nothing preventing Sion from a good decapitation, Ziost or no Ziost. He's never demonstrated anything with a saber to put him above even Nomi

On Ziost? Ziost is a practically dead world as is. And as I've said, Yoda was hardly bothered on Vjun

Well, fair enough. There's my response

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Faunus

Probably, although I'm not good with Legacy stuff.

Except Nomi will probably have gotten slaughtered by Sion, whose skills would be the most effective in assisting Krayt against Katarn. And once he's dead, Yoda gets to die a very long, drawn out death, although I wouldn't put it past him to severely injure or kill one of his opponents.

EDIT: And yeah, nice thread Enyalus. Krayt gonna die but none of the others survive the onslaught(Nomi was never sure how she did it either)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.