Possible Assassination Attempt Against Obama Foiled

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

inimalist
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/8/26/headlines#1

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jkwn9iRCwdE76BB6ClH6Qmw8NcFQD92POLUO0

yuN4qh6meR4

not that I think it is overly credible, but creepy as all anything.

Just a question of technicality, who then becomes the Democratic nominee? Is it the vp nominee? Is it Clinton?

EDIT: if the video isn't working, try here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuN4qh6meR4

Symmetric Chaos
Heh . . . Adolf.

FistOfThe North
Wow, man.

People have attempted to kill Obama.

That's depressing to know. That views/ideals still haven't changed even with people saying that they have.

botankus
FOTN, you forgot to mention that every white person in America is a potential suspect.

chithappens
Is this even news?

sithsaber408
Originally posted by chithappens
Is this even news?

If Barack "The One" Obama's name is mentioned, it's news.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Wow, man.

That's depressing to know. That views/ideals still haven't changed even with people saying that they have.

Yeah...the say they like Democrats I just don't believe them though...remember the Kennedy Brothers...

washedmemories
Wow. That's just really sad. Wouldn't it just drop down to the VP candidate? o.o

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by washedmemories
Wow. That's just really sad. Wouldn't it just drop down to the VP candidate? o.o

Hilary would storm the Convention, she has the delegates!

WrathfulDwarf
That's not how I heard the story!

They were after Hillary NOT Obama! She's the one that needs the attention. Damn be the day that the Clintons DON'T get any attention!

Quark_666
That's depressing to know. That views/ideals still haven't changed even with people saying that they have. Because of less than half a dozen idiots, the whole society hasn't changed its views?

KidRock
Havent most presidents had attempts planned against them?

botankus
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Hilary would storm the Convention, she has the delegates!
Maybe she's behind it. Damn, that'd be one sneaky bizatch!

inimalist
lol

so nobody else thinks this is significant?

Robtard
Wow, man.

"Sources said Adolf was wearing a swastika and is thought to have ties to white supremacist organizations."

I'm fairly certain the Aryan Nation (and the like) has said their views have changed. I am also fairly certain the views of the Aryan Nation (and the like) don't represent a large portion of America. But that's a guess as I haven't done a poll.

inimalist
it was reported that the first suspect was a member of the "Sons of Silence" biker gang.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Is anyone surprised?

chithappens
Is anyone surprised?

That's more what I'm getting @

jaden101
i'm sure the whitehouse gets a few intelligence briefings every day as part of the PDB about possible threats of assassination along with the terrorism briefs...how many of those are credible is anyones guess

i think if there is a genuine threat to Obama then it will be before he is president (if he does) because it becomes infinitely more difficult due to the much higher levels of security and intelligence gathering on threats to a sitting president

then again...all it really takes is one loner nutcase with a gun...

BruceSkywalker
Is anyone surprised?

No because there will always be a dumb fracking nut job that will try to assassinate a potential president or try to even after a candidate gets into office

lord xyz
I guess Huckabee wasn't joking.

TazzMission2023
it takes one biggot person to mess this up. i swear man people like this guy make white people look bad.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by TazzMission2023
it takes one biggot person to mess this up. i swear man people like this guy make white people look bad.
Only if black people are racist.

TazzMission2023
Only if black people are racist.

the main reason why african americans dont like white people is because look at the whole kkk shit and the racist cops. you remember the sean bell situation back in jan of this year. let me break it down like those im speaking from a white prospective who has more black friends than white. i had people random strangers tell me im a traitor. that to me is racism. for instance obama has said to congress hundreds of times talk to the enemy and they say no. but now we see condeleza rice going to russia talking with the enemy. this goes to show obama is getting ripped off. the way i see barack obama is he knows what its like to be broke like middle class people like myself. take a look at bush the main reason why he's president is because he's the son of a former pres. and i respect obama saying he will talk to the enemy face to face because thats what a real leader is. bush always downplayed discussing with our enemies

inimalist
roll eyes (sarcastic)

because white people weren't outraged about sean bell...

and if they had shot a car full of white people, it wouldn't have been as bad...

Blinky
Haha! I didn't see this one coming... stick out tongue . You know with some crazy people actually thinking Obama is the anti-christ, you never know how many times people will try to off him.

KidRock
I think a lot of black people missed the whole "only 1 out of the 3 cops that fired shots was white"..and when they finally did realize it they were sorta like "Well we can't blame whitey..now what? Surely we cannot admit that something in this world WASNT race motivated..can we?"

Blinky
Originally posted by KidRock
I think a lot of black people missed the whole "only 1 out of the 3 cops that fired shots was white"..and when they finally did realize it they were sorta like "Well we can't blame whitey..now what? Surely we cannot admit that something in this world WASNT race motivated..can we?"

When all else fails... blame the "Native Americans".

inimalist
Originally posted by KidRock

interestingly, there is a phenomena called the "weapon bias"

meaning, if you are shown a face of a black person, then immediately shown a picture of a weapon or a tool, you will identify the weapon much faster than if shown a white face. There are also studies that show people are much more likely to and much faster at identifying items black people are holding as weapons vs white people.

amazingly, this has been seen in both black and white observers

I'm not saying this is what was going on, just an interesting thought. The studies also show police officers are much less likely to show the bias.

TazzMission2023
Originally posted by inimalist
roll eyes (sarcastic)

because white people weren't outraged about sean bell...

and if they had shot a car full of white people, it wouldn't have been as bad...

im white and i was outraged about the sean bell situation. to me cops like that give white people a bad name. there are times when i wonder if the african community judges us by a persons actions. white people do it to african americans all the time.

KidRock
edit

chithappens
Originally posted by inimalist
interestingly, there is a phenomena called the "weapon bias"

meaning, if you are shown a face of a black person, then immediately shown a picture of a weapon or a tool, you will identify the weapon much faster than if shown a white face. There are also studies that show people are much more likely to and much faster at identifying items black people are holding as weapons vs white people.

amazingly, this has been seen in both black and white observers

I'm not saying this is what was going on, just an interesting thought. The studies also show police officers are much less likely to show the bias.

That is mostly the point.

It is highly unlikely that this would happen with white people in a city (now in the country and the often named "white trash" there is a different story). The dynamic of media is amazing because people of other races ,who never interact with white people, assume that all white people are at least "well off."

But again, if you have not lived in an area where police are randomly checking black folks, I think it is hard to understand the assumed bias.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.