An American Carol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Just in time to combat the film W. being released by Oliver Stone, comes An American Carol.

A satire film by the director of Airplane, it follows the story of a documentary filmmaker (pretty much Michael Moore) in his quest to abolish Independence Day.

Cast inlcudes Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Hopper, James Woods, Jon Voight, and ....Bill O'Reilly.

Releases on October 3rd.

Trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810011696/trailer

Robtard
I don't know, this looks like Chris Farley could have done the role, which would make it shit.

sithsaber408
It's Chirs Farley's brother, actually.

I'm not saying it'll be any good, just that it's out in time to try to influence the voters, much as W. will be.

Fair and balanced reporting and all that.

Robtard
Didn't know he had a brother who acted (if you can call it that). But yeah, now I'm certain it will be pure shit.

LoL, imagine the mental capabilities of a votor who would be influenced by this film.

chillmeistergen
I wouldn't worry - they'll probably turn up to vote a week late.

=Tired Hiker=
I think it would be great if this film actually spins it around and spoofs on Republicans. Hah hah, that would be funny. I just can't believe Dennis Hopper would be in a movie like this.

sithsaber408
Dennis Hopper, Jon Voight, Kelsey Grammer, and James Woods are republicans.

Too bad they didn't make something of quality, as opposed to this nonsense.

=Tired Hiker=
That still baffles me, Dennis Hopper, the guy who directed 'Easy Rider' which seemed to be an anthem against Republican types . . . oh well.

BruceSkywalker
This may be funny.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
That still baffles me, Dennis Hopper, the guy who directed 'Easy Rider' which seemed to be an anthem against Republican types . . . oh well.

Well you know what they say:

"If you're not a liberal by age 18 you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by age 40 then you have no brain."

stick out tongue

=Tired Hiker=
Oh snap, I have five years then.

BackFire
This kinda seems like it should be a 5 minute skit on SNL, rather than an entire movie.

ragesRemorse
Holy Shit!!!!! Dennis Hopper, Jon Voight and James Woods, this movie is going to be...,

awful

sithsaber408
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Oh snap, I have five years then.

Or you could spend 3 years in the heart phase and just skip to the smart phase like I did. stick out tongue

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Or you could spend 3 years in the heart phase and just skip to the smart phase like I did. stick out tongue

Nah, Green Party for me, yo. wink

chillmeistergen
Well you know what they say:

"If you're not a liberal by age 18 you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by age 40 then you have no brain."

stick out tongue

Nice. My parents are older than that and are liberal through and through, I bet they earn around 10 times as much as you do, as well. How funny.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Nice. My parents are older than that and are liberal through and through, I bet they earn around 10 times as much as you do, as well. How funny.

Spoken like a true 19 year old liberal. Good on you son.

Bardock42
Spoken like a true 19 year old liberal. Good on you son. Are you saying true 19 year old liberals have parents that are liberal and make 10 times your salary.

Is that like a rule or something?

sithsaber408
No, just saying that his "Oh, yeah well screw you!" tone is typically of the 19 year old liberal mindset.

Anyway, the topic was a film.

Bardock42
No, just saying that his "Oh, yeah well screw you!" tone is typically of the 19 year old liberal mindset.

Anyway, the topic was a film. Meh, is a pretty typical mindset for lots of people, including Bill "Cut your mic" O.

I approve of Michael Moore being made fun of, though.

Toku King
What's funny is that I saw this trailer earlier today.
Personally, I think it looks pretty funny. I think it also helps that I despise Michael Moore with a passion.

Menetnashté
Saw this last night. It was great lol. Good for anyone pro war. If you're an anti-war liberal you'll probably find it highly offensive. Though it is a comedy the overall point is that, though no one likes it, war is sometimes necessary. I'd recommend this movie to Republicans, Moore haters, anyone pro war and yes even you liberal college kids. Maybe something will click.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.