Protege vs Spectre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Protege

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/Prot%C3%A9g%C3%A9.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prot%C3%A9g%C3%A9_(comics)

vs

The Spectre

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7e/JSA075.PNG
http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Aztar_%28New_Earth%29

fangirl101
Protege dies.

Galan007
first spectre muzzles that little punkass. then give him the thumbs down.

King Kandy
Are you people out of your mind? Protege will copy and exceed Spectre as easily as he did LT.

Aster Phoenix
It's never been shown as far as I know that Protege can copy divine power. Besides Spectre's power level is controlled by God, so Protege's would be as well.

fangirl101
Originally posted by King Kandy
Are you people out of your mind? Protege will copy and exceed Spectre as easily as he did LT.
Um No. First off, that was obviously an M-body of the Lt. 2ndly, we dont' even know if the Lt's faces were all in agreement. thirdly, the LT absorbed protoge into his being. So much for all that power.

quanchi112
Protege wins.

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
Protege wins.
at losing.

Protoge has absolutely NO feats at absorbing Divine abilities.

Aster Phoenix
Spectre's power is given to him by God as god sees fit. The power is not his own for Protege to copy anyways.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Spectre's power is given to him by God as god sees fit. The power is not his own for Protege to copy anyways. Black Alice?

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
at losing.

Protoge has absolutely NO feats at absorbing Divine abilities. Protege has better feats. He copied the Lt's powers while someone like Black Alice stole Spectre's powers from him.

Aster Phoenix
She steals power from people, Protege copies their abilities.

If Black Alice went up against Iron Man, she could steal the power of his suit. Protege would gain his ability to build the tech.

quanchi112

If Black Alice went up against Iron Man, she could steal the power of his suit. Protege would gain his ability to build the tech. Protege copied a more powerful character's powers in the Lt. So, why again wouldnt he be able to copy the Spectre's power when Black Alice can actually steal his powers?

King Kandy
No, Protege would also get the suit. He can copy ANY ability from ANYTHING. LT couldn't even absorb him until Scathan came in. Basically what you people are saying here is that Spectre>LT.

fangirl101
Protege copied a more powerful character's powers in the Lt. So, why again wouldnt he be able to copy the Spectre's power when Black Alice can actually steal his powers?
This fails. She STOLE powers. Not copied them. And The LT is not more powerful than the spectre. They both have thier limits.

quanchi112
This fails. She STOLE powers. Not copied them. And The LT is not more powerful than the spectre. They both have thier limits. Originally posted by quanchi112
Protege copied a more powerful character's powers in the Lt. So, why again wouldnt he be able to copy the Spectre's power when Black Alice can actually steal his powers?

Do you really think dov Spectre is more powerful than the Living Tribunal? Tell me why.

OneDumbG0

If Black Alice went up against Iron Man, she could steal the power of his suit. Protege would gain his ability to build the tech. She only steals magic IIRC.

occultdestroyer
Do you really think dov Spectre is more powerful than the Living Tribunal? Tell me why.
No, but he could be.
He is God's Vengeance after all.

LT is NOT directly empowered by GOD.
He is superceded by TOAA, who in turn is empowered by GOD.

Aster Phoenix
Protege does not steal powers, when he had the powers of LT, LT still had his power as well.

Protege copies abilities.

King Kandy
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
No, but he could be.

He is superceded by TOAA, who in turn is empowered by GOD.
Where did you get that ridiculous notion? TOAA is God.

quanchi112
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
No, but he could be.

He is superceded by TOAA, who in turn is empowered by GOD. Lt>dov Spectre. So,with protege copying someone more powerful than dov Spectre I think its safe to assume he easily copies Spectre's powers, since Black Alice can outright steal them.

Aster Phoenix
Spectre has no power on his own really, he only gets what God chooses to give him at the moment. So what your saying is that Protege can copy God.

OneDumbG0
Spectre has no power on his own really, he only gets what God chooses to give him at the moment. So what your saying is that Protege can copy God. That's a clever bit of twisting. In that case, try this lil twister, DC has already published a comic where Black Alice steals God.

quanchi112
Spectre has no power on his own really, he only gets what God chooses to give him at the moment. So what your saying is that Protege can copy God. Prove this.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
That's a clever bit of twisting. In that case, try this lil twister, DC has already published a comic where Black Alice steals God.

No she merely siphoned power from the Spectre that God gave him.

There is a difference between stealing power and copying abilities.

OneDumbG0
No she merely siphoned power from the Spectre that God gave him.

There is a difference between stealing power and copying abilities. No... she outright stole em all... left Spectre a powerless ghost for a while. She's not like Rogue, it's not gradual. She just does it. There is a difference between stealing and copying. I think stealing God's power is harder than imitating God's power... if that is where this conversation is leading.

Aster Phoenix
Prove this.

Many times in the comics including recently God has stopped the Spectre from using power such as the Libra battle. Also it's one of the reasons that The Spectre's power over DC history has been so fluctuated.

Tazer
Yo.

Protege only copied LTs form and as I recall DID NOT demonstrate *any* power that LT could potentially have, so saying "Protege copied LT" is highly erroneous.

as for the question asked, Spectre takes this since he can simply make the kids eyes melt w/o demonstrating any blatantly obvious ability to do so.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Spectre has no power on his own really, he only gets what God chooses to give him at the moment. So what your saying is that Protege can copy God.

Prove this.

as I recall we find this out in Swamp Thing right after CoIE, much to Spec's chagrin......

Tazer

quanchi112
Many times in the comics including recently God has stopped the Spectre from using power such as the Libra battle. Also it's one of the reasons that The Spectre's power over DC history has been so fluctuated. god didnt stop Spectre's power in dov.

Sure, he gets his power from this source but saying he has to have it taken grom god is incorrect, because BA temporarily stole it and god had nothing to do with that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

Protege only copied LTs form and as I recall DID NOT demonstrate *any* power that LT could potentially have, so saying "Protege copied LT" is highly erroneous.

as for the question asked, Spectre takes this since he can simply make the kids eyes melt w/o demonstrating any blatantly obvious ability to do so.

Tazer He copied his power imo. Saying he only copied his form is completely ignoring Protege's power.

quanchi112
Yo.

as I recall we find this out in Swamp Thing right after CoIE, much to Spec's chagrin......

Tazer You didnt answer the whole question. Prove god can amp the Spectre's power during a fight.

Tazer
Yo.

He copied his power imo. Saying he only copied his form is completely ignoring Protege's power.

sure he copied his power.....the power to have a tri-face.

Protege doesnt copy EVERYTHING a person can do all at once, but only wat he observes; saying he did just that to LT is RIDICULOUSLY inflating wat Protege was capable of *or* stated to be able to do.

You didnt answer the whole question. Prove god can amp the Spectre's power during a fight.

the question wasnt "could God amp Spec in the middle of a fight", and as such I *have* answered it.

Tazer

quanchi112
Spectre has no power on his own really, he only gets what God chooses to give him at the moment. So what your saying is that Protege can copy God. Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

sure he copied his power.....the power to have a tri-face.

Protege doesnt copy EVERYTHING a person can do all at once, but only wat he observes; saying he did just that to LT is RIDICULOUSLY inflating wat Protege was capable of *or* stated to be able to do.

the question wasnt "could God amp Spec in the middle of a fight", and as such I *have* answered it.

Tazer Protege copies one's abilities not one's appearance. I put his quote up because I also wanted him to prove that copying the Spectre's power was the same as copying god's. Care to answer the whole question.

Aster Phoenix
god didnt stop Spectre's power in dov.

Sure, he gets his power from this source but saying he has to have it taken grom god is incorrect, because BA temporarily stole it and god had nothing to do with that.

It's not the Spectre's natural power. It's power he's given by God. Thats why Siphoning would work but copying would not.

Takion
Originally posted by Galan007
first spectre muzzles that little punkass. then give him the thumbs down.

kgkg
It's not the Spectre's natural power. It's power he's given by God. Thats why Siphoning would work but copying would not. I don't get this logic :/

so you can siphon god's power but can't copy it? based on what exactly?

quanchi112
It's not the Spectre's natural power. It's power he's given by God. Thats why Siphoning would work but copying would not. Originally posted by kgkg
I don't get this logic :/

so you can siphon god's power but can't copy it? based on what exactly? Id also like to hear a further explanation of this logic.

Takion
This is like saying Amazo can copy the IG in time.

Tazer
Yo.

Protege copies one's abilities not one's appearance.

right, and there he copied LT's ability to have a tri-face.

now, unless U can show us ANY OTHER ABILITY/POWER that LT displayed and/or that Protege copied from him in that issue.....yur point is null & void.

I put his quote up because I also wanted him to prove that copying the Spectre's power was the same as copying god's. Care to answer the whole question.

thats not an argument Im defending, ALTHO since God does give Spec his power he would technically be copying His power.......sorta.

but regardless, I *did answer* the question that was asked; that U changed it afterward is another story.

Tazer

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by kgkg
I don't get this logic :/

so you can siphon god's power but can't copy it? based on what exactly?
For one:
Because in coping it your saying he can copy gods power. Where as in Siphoning it your just taking it from a person weaker then God that is was given to.

quanchi112
Yo.

right, and there he copied LT's ability to have a tri-face.

now, unless U can show us ANY OTHER ABILITY/POWER that LT displayed and/or that Protege copied from him in that issue.....yur point is null & void.

thats not an argument Im defending, ALTHO since God does give Spec his power he would technically be copying His power.......sorta.

but regardless, I *did answer* the question that was asked; that U changed it afterward is another story.

Tazer The writer's intentions were very clear, he copied the power of the Lt. Sure,he doesnt have the feats and was quickly stopped right afterwards by Scathan. You can disagree with me if you want but my interpretation is obviously different than yours. Again he doesnt copy character's forms but their powers.

Did you read the quote where I said to prove this? I meant prove everything he claimed. Not my fault you missed that.

Galan007
god didnt stop Spectre's power in dov. as a matter of fact, god was the only one who could stop spectre's power in dov:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/292/scan0034ru3.th.jpg http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/3039/scan0035ig8.th.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
as a matter of fact, god was the only one who could stop spectre's power in dov:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/292/scan0034ru3.th.jpg http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/3039/scan0035ig8.th.jpg Yes,due to Nabu letting him kill him. Spectre's actions when this reprehensible were stopped but this actually proves my point. BA could steal the Spectre's power and this had nothing to do with god allowing it. god only stepped in when he needed to. Nabu knew this.

Imo, Spectre would have lost to Captain Marvel if Enchantress hadnt gone evil.

Aster Phoenix
At the end of DOV do you remember when takes him and shoves him into a new body against Spectre's will? Spectre is only what God allows him to be.

Nihilist
spectre ftw,why because protege is bullshit

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by quanchi112 The writer's intentions were very clear, he copied the power of the Lt. Sure,he doesnt have the feats and was quickly stopped right afterwards by Scathan. You can disagree with me if you want but my interpretation is obviously different than yours. Again he doesnt copy character's forms but their powers.

no, he copies *powers/abilities that he observes* which is EXACTLY wat he did.....and ALL that he did.

so, unless ya wanna put forward that Scathan was MORE POWERFUL than the LT then this is the only way to interpret wat happend.

Originally posted by quanchi112 Did you read the quote where I said to prove this? I meant prove everything he claimed. Not my fault you missed that.

I supported the statement made in the post that U replied to with "Prove it."; its not my fault U want me to prove something else for an argument that Im NOT supporting nor can realize it yet.

perhaps U should read wat a person is saying instead of wat U want them to say??

Tazer

quanchi112
At the end of DOV do you remember when takes him and shoves him into a new body against Spectre's will? Spectre is only what God allows him to be. god shoved him in because he was being a very bad spectre. do you think god wanted him to destroy magic? I mean the Spectre didnt even understand that he wasnt even destroying it. Spectre needs a host because on his own he can get talked into things,ex:Eclipso.

Galan007
Yes,due to Nabu letting him kill him. Spectre's actions when this reprehensible were stopped but this actually proves my point. BA could steal the Spectre's power and this had nothing to do with god allowing it. god only stepped in when he needed to. Nabu knew this.

Imo, Spectre would have lost to Captain Marvel if Enchantress hadnt gone evil. your exact statement was, "god didn't stop Spectre's power in dov." i merely responded with scans proving the inaccuracy of said statement. nothing more. smile

quanchi112
Yo.

no, he copies *powers/abilities that he observes* which is EXACTLY wat he did.....and ALL that he did.

so, unless ya wanna put forward that Scathan was MORE POWERFUL than the LT then this is the only way to interpret wat happend.

I supported the statement made in the post that U replied to with "Prove it."; its not my fault U want me to prove something else for an argument that Im NOT supporting nor can realize it yet.

perhaps U should read wat a person is saying instead of wat U want them to say??

Tazer Scathan was equal to or greater than the Lt there.

Again you responed to one small part of his post. Thats fine. I am glad to see you dont support his whole argument.

Aster Phoenix
god shoved him in because he was being a very bad spectre. do you think god wanted him to destroy magic? I mean the Spectre didnt even understand that he wasnt even destroying it. Spectre needs a host because on his own he can get talked into things,ex:Eclipso.

Yes but that as well as past events show the level of control God has over the Spectre and his power. He wouldn't allow him to use the power against Libra.

God stop him when he wants, it's not easy to understand due to that whole "working in mysterious ways" thing.

Tazer
Yo.

Scathan was equal to or greater than the Lt there.

Again you responed to one small part of his post. Thats fine. I am glad to see you dont support his whole argument.

Scathan never has, nor was ever shown, to be = the LT; mis-interpreting that scene has led any1 thinking so to an erroneous conclusion.

and I only responded to the request that was made, nothing more.

Tazer

kgkg

Takion
This thread shouldn't even have gotten to two comments.

Aster Phoenix
Because the power is God's not Spectre's.

Siphoning is not the same as copying. What is hard to get about that?

Siphoning God's power from someone less powerful then God is different then trying to copy that power itself. Besides has it ever been shown that Protege can copy power someone has that is given to them from another source?

kgkg
Because the power is God's not Spectre's.

Siphoning is not the same as copying. What is hard to get about that?

Siphoning God's power from someone less powerful then God is different then trying to copy that power itself. Besides has it ever been shown that Protege can copy power someone has that is given to them from another source? based on what tho?
your assuming that specters power = full power of god if it was I whould understand

I never claimed Protege will copy spectre's power :/

see if I can sihpon spectres power will I be able to sihpon God itself? No just because spectre is not god and the power he has does not = gods power.

God can be giving spectre 1% of his power for all we know

Aster Phoenix
Yes but your still not Siphoning the power from God, your Siphoning it from the Spectre.

In copying it you would be copying the power of God's wrath. Nothing on panel shows Protege can do that nor none that I know of that shows he can copy a power that is not naturally that persons power.

kgkg
Yes but your still not Siphoning the power from God, your Siphoning it from the Spectre.

In copying it you would be copying the power of God's wrath. Nothing on panel shows Protege can do that nor none that I know of that shows he can copy a power that is not naturally that persons power. same as In siphoning it you would be siphoning the power of God's wrath.

Why whould god allow one and not the other?

Aster Phoenix
Your still not getting my point.

In siphoning it from Spectre your only taking it from the Spectre not yourself being at the level of God's power.

Also you still haven't answered this question. Has Protege ever taken a power from someone that is not naturally theirs?

Also you bring up another point, would God allow Protege to have the power anyways?

kgkg
Your still not getting my point. I do I just don't agree with you analogy

Well you copy Spectre's power than big grin again your assuming that Spectre power = God full power if not I don't see a problem he will copy a fraction of the power spectre has , just cause it's God's power does not mean it can't be copied unless you can prove otherwise. I understand perfect what you are saying and I disagree unless I see some evidence.

Not claiming he will copy Spectre
up to god but i don't think you can copy god's full power.

quanchi112
Yo.

Scathan never has, nor was ever shown, to be = the LT; mis-interpreting that scene has led any1 thinking so to an erroneous conclusion.

and I only responded to the request that was made, nothing more.

Tazer I think it is you who is misinterpreting that scan. But continuing to debate this is pointless,its obvious we both interpreted this comic differently.

Aster Phoenix
Okay so you agree with me except on the Siphoning/Copying distinction thing?

quanchi112
Yes but that as well as past events show the level of control God has over the Spectre and his power. He wouldn't allow him to use the power against Libra.

God stop him when he wants, it's not easy to understand due to that whole "working in mysterious ways" thing. Yes,but another character can stop the Spectre, that has nothing to do with god. Thats my point.

Aster Phoenix
Because God does not give him the power to win. Or they have the Spear of Destiny.

quanchi112
Because God does not give him the power to win. Or they have the Spear of Destiny. No,thats incorrect. dov spectre's power stayed the same more or less and he defeated all who he opposed except Captain Marvel. If Captain Marvel wouldnt has lost his amp,he would have destroyed the Spectre. BA also stole his powers and god only intervened when the Spectre killed Nabu because he had gone too far.

Aster Phoenix
As I said, that is either chalked up to the writing or God's unknown plan/rules regarding the Spectre. I know thats rhetorical reasoning but it's the way he's written.

Aster Phoenix
One other question, why is there no female Spectre?

quanchi112
As I said, that is either chalked up to the writing or God's unknown plan/rules regarding the Spectre. I know thats rhetorical reasoning but it's the way he's written. No,it isnt. Its a convenient way for you to make excuses for him with nothing backing it up.

kgkg
Okay so you agree with me except on the Siphoning/Copying distinction thing? is that question for me ?

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by kgkg
is that question for me ?
Yup, I just wanted to clarify things. Your a great debater here, seriously, I'm just a newb and your giving me a run for my money here.

kgkg

Aster Phoenix
I know, the whole Libra thing better have a great payoff cause that was some serious jobbering.

Takion

kgkg
Originally posted by Takion
Since you two agreed on something that wasn't even suppose to be debated Im going to agree with myself this thread was pointless.

Spectre molests Protege. big grin was bored couldn't help it

Knowsbleed33
IMO Protege didn't copy the LT's power because the LT didn't display anything for Protege to copy.

These Uber vs. Uber threads are making the KMC boards suck.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
IMO Protege didn't copy the LT's power because the LT didn't display anything for Protege to copy.
False. He was stated on-panel to have copied the LT's powers.

Tazer
Yo.

he can only copy that which he sees, so clearly the LT looking as he did is supposed to have been some sort of ability.

Tazer

King Kandy
Your point? It was stated that he copied LT, so that he did.

Aster Phoenix
In addition to my other points. Just because he has a power doesn't mean he knows how to use that power effectively.

King Kandy
Actually it does. Protege can copy skill.

Aster Phoenix
Then how do you explain his death? And I still maintain my other points.

King Kandy
His Death? Scathan just plain whooped his ass, then handed a beaten Protege to LT.

Aster Phoenix
But LT is more powerful then Scathan. So obviously Protege either didn't have equal power or he didn't know how to use it as well as the LT.

King Kandy
What makes you think LT is more powerful than Scathan? Protege copies both power and skill, stated on-panel.

Tazer
Yo.

Your point? It was stated that he copied LT, so that he did.

sure he did: he copied *watever it is* that LT does to generate that look.

its really grasping @ straws to claim he became = LT, when he clearly hadnt.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Actually it does. Protege can copy skill.

I think he meant skill as in "knowledge".....thats not something he had shown an ability to duplicate IIRC

Tazer

Aster Phoenix
LT has been stated on panel to be second only to TOAA. In fairness so has Phoenix at one point but still. Nowhere on panel has it been stated that Scathan is more powerful then LT.

Also I believe he has to see the power in order to copy it. So all Spectre has to do is poke his eyes out before he can see.

But I still stand by my earlier points as to why he couldn't copy God's power.

Knowsbleed33

False. It did not.

King Kandy
Yo.

sure he did: he copied *watever it is* that LT does to generate that look.

its really grasping @ straws to claim he became = LT, when he clearly hadnt.

Tazer
It's not grasping at straws, that's what Protege does. He copies people's powers. It's like how on any given panel Spider-Man can be assumed to have Spider-Strength. Protege takes the totalities of people's powers. It's his whole gig.

King Kandy
False. It did not.
So Protege didn't copy LT? LT's own bio says he usurped LT's power.

Knowsbleed33
Re-read the arc. It doesn't say anywhere he copied his powers. He just copied his appearance, LT didn't display any power to copy. In issue 16 it clearly states that Protege can only copy powers he observes hence why Scathan muzzled his face.

Aster Phoenix
So Protege didn't copy LT? LT's own bio says he usurped LT's power.

Thats wiki, it's not always trustworthy. Besides a bio is not on panel proof.

Aster Phoenix
Re-read the arc. It doesn't say anywhere he copied his powers. He just copied his appearance, LT didn't display any power to copy. In issue 16 it clearly states that Protege can only copy powers he observes hence why Scathan muzzled his face.

And why Spectre just has to walk up to him and poke him in the eyes.

Knowsbleed33
Spectre wins if he doesn't use his powers to defeat him. The copy is instantaneous.

King Kandy
Thats wiki, it's not always trustworthy. Besides a bio is not on panel proof.
Not his wiki bio, his handbook bio which is actually approved by marvel. I know it's not on-panel but I don't have any scans so that was the most tangible proof I could offer.

Knowsbleed33
King Kandy, do you have AIM? I can send you the arc if you want to read it.

King Kandy
No, I have no AIM.

joesdabest1
Spectre has had some terrible showings.

Protege 1 shots him.

Tazer
Yo.

It's not grasping at straws, that's what Protege does. He copies people's powers. It's like how on any given panel Spider-Man can be assumed to have Spider-Strength. Protege takes the totalities of people's powers. It's his whole gig.

yur 100% right, and the only "power" that LT displayed apparently was the ability to have a tri-face.

however, Protege doesnt take the totality of a persons power, only that which is shown.

Tazer

complexbrother
Originally posted by Takion
This thread shouldn't even have gotten to two comments.

mad and why not ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by joesdabest1
Spectre has had some terrible showings.

Protege 1 shots him. laughing out loud

Astanax
Spectre would win. I think there's another thread like this one, "Protege vs Thanos (w/gauntlet). Spectre has experience with his power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Astanax
Spectre would win. I think there's another thread like this one, "Protege vs Thanos (w/gauntlet). Spectre has experience with his power. Protege has had experience with great power as well albeit brief, but when the Spectre was shown great power he couldn't handle it.

Protege stacks power and at his best he wins this 10 out of ten.

Knowsbleed33
Protege wins pretty easily.

Mr Master
That discussion that took place
concerning whether or not Protege copied LT's full powers was all over the place.

For the record:

Protege copied LT's full power by observing an incredible feat by the LT,
in which the LT warped reality as it had never been done before. (literally stated)

Or, he copied LT's full power while LT was in the process of judging him.

(I have on panel proof for either ... and I also have LT's own bio confirming the copy)

Juntai
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1246290/spectre1.jpg.html
big grin

OneDumbG0
^ Always wondered why Spectre didn't then just go ahead and undo all the crap that Darkseid was doing. Speculatively, it could be that he was only unable to do what Cain forced him to do when Spectre spoke the ALE... but seriously. Guess he couldn't miss the new episode of 24 or something. Sometimes when they use Spectre as a plot device, they just fail at it, completely.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Juntai

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1246290/spectre1.jpg.html

Hmm, but he can't mean he's God,
I know he's not implying to be God-like either,
because the last time he was allowed to become God-like for a moment,
this happened:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1429171_spectre4.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1429172_spectre5.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
Protege

fangirl101
Protege could win seeing as how Black Alice was able to steal Spectre's power.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mr Master
Hmm, but he can't mean he's God,
I know he's not implying to be God-like either,
because the last time he was allowed to become God-like for a moment,
this happened:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1429171_spectre4.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1429172_spectre5.jpg

That was a scan of Spectre fixing DC's reality at the end of the Crisis.

Corrigan's mind wasn't good at conceptualizing Spectre's power or responsibility. Nor was he good at it in that case.

Spectre is no less powerful as a result. He just has a human as a host.

psycho gundam
secret wars was a good arc, the protege trial was bullocks.

i hate protege....

spectre wins out of spite.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mr Master
Protege copied LT's full power by observing an incredible feat by the LT, in which the LT warped reality as it had never been done before. (literally stated)

I recall this.

And Protege at his best would kick Spectre's ass.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Enyalus
I recall this.

And Protege at his best would kick Spectre's ass.

QFT

iceman24567
Spectre at his best would kick Protege'e ass smile

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
Spectre at his best would kick Protege'e ass smile

Nope.

iceman24567
Yes indeedy

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Spectre at his best would kick Protege'e ass smile No, he wouldn't. Protege was at the Lt's level which is above any Spectre on his own.

Juntai
^ Always wondered why Spectre didn't then just go ahead and undo all the crap that Darkseid was doing. Speculatively, it could be that he was only unable to do what Cain forced him to do when Spectre spoke the ALE... but seriously. Guess he couldn't miss the new episode of 24 or something. Sometimes when they use Spectre as a plot device, they just fail at it, completely. What do you mean? That was Spectre correcting everything.

"That which was stolen. Be returned."

I'm pretty sure that includes free will.
This story is the end of Final Crisis, from these characters POV.

Nestical
protege

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Juntai
What do you mean? That was Spectre correcting everything.

"That which was stolen. Be returned."

I'm pretty sure that includes free will.
This story is the end of Final Crisis, from these characters POV. Not at all. Because when Spectre corrected everything, Supergirl was celebrating with everyone in the Fortress of Solitude. And we know she had left there to fight in the final battle in Bludhaven. As you know, Supergirl was fighting the alternate Metalmen by the time the Multiverse had collapsed in Final Crisis #7. Not only that, Renee Montoya had not even come in contact with Checkmate and learned of the Omega Offensive. She was running around on her own in Final Crisis: Revelations and then in Final Crisis #6, she became involved with Checkmate. I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

Juntai
Not at all. Because when Spectre corrected everything, Supergirl was celebrating with everyone in the Fortress of Solitude. And we know she had left there to fight in the final battle in Bludhaven. As you know, Supergirl was fighting the alternate Metalmen by the time the Multiverse had collapsed in Final Crisis #7. Not only that, Renee Montoya had not even come in contact with Checkmate and learned of the Omega Offensive. She was running around on her own in Final Crisis: Revelations and then in Final Crisis #6, she became involved with Checkmate. I can't believe I have to explain this to you. Yeah, I can't either.

sad

I think my brain gave up on me momentarily. lol.

Bentley
Protege could win seeing as how Black Alice was able to steal Spectre's power.

Mostly cosigned.

MrMind
Spectre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.