Ok, it's time to revise opinion on Krayt's Order's power...*SPOILERS*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lightsnake
In the new issue of Legacy, Darth Andeddu is resurrected...and Darth Wyyrlokk plain up kills him forever.

So...Wyyrlok pretty firmly outclasses one one of the Ancient Dark Lords of the Sith...

Faunus
Maybe Andeddu just sucks.

And do you have scans or something? I'm confused.

Lightsnake
Scans? Not yet...and Andeddu was supposed to be pretty darned powerful.

Essentially, Wyyrlok offers to help Andeddu return to life if Andeddu plays ball with the whole 'give me your forbidden knowledge' thing. Andeddu agrees, Andeddu tries to take over Wyyrlok, who escapes and leaves him, and Andeddu is instead revived and fully resurrected in a cultist's body. He and Wyyrlok square off...

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Scans? Not yet...and Andeddu was supposed to be pretty darned powerful.

Essentially, Wyyrlok offers to help Andeddu return to life if Andeddu plays ball with the whole 'give me your forbidden knowledge' thing. Andeddu agrees, Andeddu tries to take over Wyyrlok, who escapes and leaves him, and Andeddu is instead revived and fully resurrected in a cultist's body. He and Wyyrlok square off... he was possibly weakened by the oh 5000 yrs or so of hibernation

Lightsnake
It wasn't 'hibernation.' It was resurrection.

DarkSerpent
well in spirit form you tightass...tight sexy ass...

DarkSerpent
And besides he was in a cultist body.. this is like Ragnos in tavion

1.Not enough time to get used to new body
2.Most likely has inferior reflexes to his natural body
3.Doubtful the force is as strong

sweersa
What are you guys talking about?

Oh wait....this is the EU section...

Enyalus
It's already been stated that the ancient Sith (like Andeddu) were tiers below those who came after them. Without their alchemy and magic, I don't think they were all that much.

This doesn't have much bearing on power, but technology wise - even after 5,000 BBY the Sith were using Sith Swords as opposed to lightsabers, though the lightsaber had existed and were being used by the Jedi as early as 10,000 BBY.

Faunus
Why do you keep doing that?

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Enyalus
It's already been stated that the ancient Sith (like Andeddu) were tiers below those who came after them. Without their alchemy and magic, I don't think they were all that much.

This doesn't have much bearing on power, but technology wise - even after 5,000 BBY the Sith were using Sith Swords as opposed to lightsabers, though the lightsaber had existed and were being used by the Jedi as early as 10,000 BBY.

The reason for that would be they preferred the very visceral 'flesh tearing' feel you can't get from a saber

DarkSerpent
The reason for that would be they preferred the very visceral 'flesh tearing' feel you can't get from a saber They enjoyed FEELING the suffering of their victims.

BruceSkywalker
I haven't the read issue yet. Thanks for the spoilers. I'll post a few scans unless someone else does.

sweersa
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I'll post a few scans unless someone else does.

*points finger*

"Ish don't think so."

*calls FBI*

GenomeFrozener
I still think Krayt's order is a joke.

Lightsnake
That may be as a whole...but Wyyrlok is a bad MFer

DarkSerpent
That may be as a whole...but Wyyrlok is a bad MFer Compared to the others

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by sweersa
*points finger*

"Ish don't think so."

*calls FBI*

huh

Enyalus
Pay no attention to sweersa. No one else does.

Allankles
Wyyrlok is one of the chief Sith Lords of Krayt's order, I'd expect him to be fairly tuff. And Sith are different from Jedi (inclination towards destructive/offensive techniques), the more modern Sith have the benefit of 1000's of years of revised teachings on the force, I'd expect that they'd be more potent on average, as compared to the ancients.

DarkSerpent
Pay no attention to sweersa. No one else does. uber burn

sweersa

Just like no one pays attention to the EU.

The Nightmare Never Ends.

Hahaha.

Tangible God

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by sweersa
Just like no one pays attention to the EU.

The Nightmare Never Ends.

Hahaha.

Seriously Sweers if your not going to add anything to further the conversation don't post at all.

sweersa
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Seriously Sweers if your not going to add anything to further the conversation don't post at all.

I see your point, I have no place usually in the EU forum.

Captain REX
So we've noticed. Please don't disrupt conversations with that.

As for Wyyrlok, I actually quite like him. He has been in the background for most of the Legacy comics, but in this filler comic it was quite entertaining to see how he operates.

As for Andeddu... I am going to take the 'He has been dead for thousands of years' route. Call it a resurrection if you like, but the fact remains that, for all his power, he hasn't actively done anything in milennia. I am sure that would have weakened him.

Also, I believe he was in his own body, but that he absorbed the life force from the silly Cultist.

Furthermore, it was a battle of the mind. At the end, we see that Wyyrlok has only killed Andeddu but not destroyed all the books and knowledge that he seeks. That may be a factor as well, that they battled mentally rather than physically.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.