Obi Wan vs Dark side Anakin (Location - Malachor V)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
All out.

DarkSerpent
If this is a clear and focused Anakin, he'll take it...eventually.

Kotor3
Originally posted by DarkSerpent
If this is a clear and focused Anakin, he'll take it...eventually.

Even though I agree with your statement, I do not believe Anakin has shown himself focused as a dark user. I believe with the dark energies empowering Anakin his arrogance would be amplified by much thus making a major weakness in his combat ability.

Tangible God
A Dark Side Anakin is an unclear and unfocused Anakin. Assuming they start on the platform like they did in the movie, it ends the exact same way.

Kotor3
I agree with you statement. I do not believe Anakin could beat Obi Wan as a dark user without any training in the dark side techniques. If Anakin had any prior training by Sidious I believe he would have crushed Obi Wan.

For sake of discussion, Do you think without the distractions of his wife and the boost in force power he receives from Malachor that Anakin would have an edge over Obi Wan?

Also maybe I should not have chosen Malachor V as a location. I am not sure how long Obi Wan would last on a place so steep in dark energies.

Man of Christ
Obi wan: anakin turn back to the light! i need you! without you at my side i will become a shriveled old man in a cave who chases away sand people for a livivng. THATS NOT A DESTINY I WANT!!!

Anakin: Dont lecture me obi wan i see through the lies of the jedi. i am on malachor im uber now. Im ABSOLUTELY UBER NOW!!!

Obi wan: only sith deal in absolutes. I will do what i must.

Anakin: you will try

(obi wan wins an even quicker victory than in rots because the DS boost will increase Anakin's hubris and decrease his focus but obi wan's soresu will win him the day, unless anakin gets eaten by a storm beast.)

Tangible God
OK...

I misread the location as Mustafar. On Malachor V, the Dark Side will help Anakin, maybe enough to overpower Kenobi eventually. It's quite impossible to have a Dark Side Anakin here without his confusion over his wife and the Jedi, that's just who his character was. But if he had fallen to the Dark Side through some other means, than he would have won on Mustafar and certainly Malachor V.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Tangible God

It's quite impossible to have a Dark Side Anakin here without his confusion over his wife and the Jedi, that's just who his character was.

Very good point. I did not think about that. Something Obi Wan could use against him to frustrate Anakin into making a mistake.

But if he had fallen to the Dark Side through some other means, than he would have won on Mustafar and certainly Malachor V.

Possible, but I really believe Anakin lost because he had no training in the dark side. The only techniques he knew were of the light side which would be of no help since he now relied totally on the dark side of the force.

Anakin is a dark user that was never trained when he fought Obi Wan. This would definitely made him a weaker version of himself than that of him as a light user.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Kotor3
Anakin is a dark user that was never trained when he fought Obi Wan. This would definitely made him a weaker version of himself than that of him as a light user. You're putting stock into what comes off as Force powers which are aligned to morality ala KotOR. The Dark Side doesn't just offer techniques, it boosts strength, stamina etc. Anakin is level 8 before his fall, and level 9 afterwards (I get this from posts from Gideon, Lightsnake and the like). Anakin was a physically more powerful and dangerous opponent on Mustafar than he was on the Invisible Hand (sans "in teh Zone').

Kotor3
You're putting stock into what comes off as Force powers which are aligned to morality ala KotOR. The Dark Side doesn't just offer techniques, it boosts strength, stamina etc. Anakin is level 8 before his fall, and level 9 afterwards (I get this from posts from Gideon, Lightsnake and the like). Anakin was a physically more powerful and dangerous opponent on Mustafar than he was on the Invisible Hand (sans "in teh Zone').

I had this discussion with someone else who stated along the same line of thought. I do agree that the dark side boosts ones strength, stamina, etc. I do not agree with this statement "Anakin was a physically more powerful and dangerous opponent on Mustafar than he was on the Invisible Hand (sans "in teh Zone')."

The point is not his enhancements but the statement that he was more dangerous. Here are my reasons:

1. We can use the example of Ali vs Foreman. Arrogance was the main reason why Foreman who was not only the favored but a much more powerful fighter, lost. Ali exploited his weaknesses well because Foremen went into the fight Arrogant.

Anakin as dark user we can liken to Foreman.

2. Anakin would not be the same controlled person as you have already agreed to as a dark user as he would as a light user. Making him less dangerous.

3. As a untrained dark user Anakin has nothing to offer new in the fight. Yes he was stronger and perhaps faster but nonetheless he presented nothing new that Obi Wan would not recognize. The only real difference would be his attitude which would affect his decisions during there duel.

I just notice that you mention physically more dangerous. Well I agree. I will leave the rest in case some else says he was a more dangerous fighter.

I will be leaving soon so I may not respond until later.

Enyalus
Anakin tears him apart. Using his bare hands.

It's Malachor. Come on.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Kotor3
I had this discussion with someone else who stated along the same line of thought. I do agree that the dark side boosts ones strength, stamina, etc. I do not agree with this statement "Anakin was a physically more powerful and dangerous opponent on Mustafar than he was on the Invisible Hand (sans "in teh Zone')."

The point is not his enhancements but the statement that he was more dangerous. Here are my reasons:

1. We can use the example of Ali vs Foreman. Arrogance was the main reason why Foreman who was not only the favored but a much more powerful fighter, lost. Ali exploited his weaknesses well because Foremen went into the fight Arrogant.

Anakin as dark user we can liken to Foreman.

2. Anakin would not be the same controlled person as you have already agreed to as a dark user as he would as a light user. Making him less dangerous.

3. As a untrained dark user Anakin has nothing to offer new in the fight. Yes he was stronger and perhaps faster but nonetheless he presented nothing new that Obi Wan would not recognize. The only real difference would be his attitude which would affect his decisions during there duel.

I just notice that you mention physically more dangerous. Well I agree. I will leave the rest in case some else says he was a more dangerous fighter.

I will be leaving soon so I may not respond until later. Imagine Ali on steroids. Good steroids. Anymore and he'll pop. Make Foreman someone who's strategy is to let the opponent wear himself down by taking a beating. Only all those steroids are riling Ali up for a little of the old ultraviolence. And he's not getting tired too quickly. In fact he's becoming angrier that Foreman (who used to be like a brother to Ali) has tried to destroy all Ali holds dear. And that new anger is fueling even more adrenaline.

Then put Ali and Foreman in a ring which spruces up those steroids even more.

Enyalus
LMAO!

I'm sorry I don't have anything else constructive to add, but that was great, TG.

Tangible God
Danke. I edited that like 5 times. I'm a grammar-Nazi to the end.

DarkSerpent
Danke. I edited that like 5 times. I'm a grammar-Nazi to the end. ya i no tizzed

Jbill311
DS's response elicited physical pain in my psyche. Why did it have to be that way? Contrast and diversity are all well and good (isn't that the colloquialism I'm looking for?) but such blatant and intentional idiocy... It saddens me.

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Jbill311
DS's response elicited physical pain in my psyche. Why did it have to be that way? Contrast and diversity are all well and good (isn't that the colloquialism I'm looking for?) but such blatant and intentional idiocy... It saddens me. Wow I had no idea I held such power over you... Now be a good boy and use big and unnecessarily complex words to seem more intelligent than me.

Lord Knightfa11
you have that much power over all of us.... Its just that.... its not that much....

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
you have that much power over all of us.... Its just that.... its not that much.... What?

Man of Christ
Obi wan: its over anakin i have the high ground

Anakin: you underestimate my power

Obi wan: dont try it

(anakin lunges, obi wan halfs him vertically)

Kotor3
Imagine Ali on steroids. Good steroids. Anymore and he'll pop. Make Foreman someone who's strategy is to let the opponent wear himself down by taking a beating. Only all those steroids are riling Ali up for a little of the old ultraviolence. And he's not getting tired too quickly. In fact he's becoming angrier that Foreman (who used to be like a brother to Ali) has tried to destroy all Ali holds dear. And that new anger is fueling even more adrenaline.

Then put Ali and Foreman in a ring which spruces up those steroids even more.

You turn it our to address the physical nature of things which I agree with. Good example. I was addressing something different. I should read better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.