Galen Marek vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Elite Hunter
Both at their peaks, takes place in the Geonosis Arena

1.Sabers
2.Force only
3.All out

Enyalus
1. Sabers - Dooku, 6/10.
2. Force - Marek, 7/10.
3. All-Out - Marek, 6/10.

Tangible God
I've got no problem with Marek being above the Count in Force-prowess, so I feel comfortable giving it to him. Sabers though, I'd still give it to Dooku 7/10.

NonSensi-Klown
Agreed.

truejedi
its very clear honestly: I just finished the novelization of TFU, and Galen does things with the force that NO ONE ELSE has ever done. He DOES defeat Vader, one on one, vader completly focused on killing him, no handicaps, no prior injuries for vader (well, if you don't count him not having any real arms or legs...) He's up there. (as stupid as it seems that someone we had NEVER heard about before to surpass all the top tier members.) He never fought sidious, but the way he defeated vader with seeming ease at the end, and held the emperor's lightning at bay with his hands, (something not even Yoda was able to continue to to do) suggested he would give sidious a serious run for his money. i would go with :
Force: 9/10 Malek
Sabers 7/10 Malek
All out: 9/10 Malek.
pretty good book actually... they should make a game of it or something...

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by truejedi
pretty good book actually... they should make a game of it or something...

You're joking... Aren't you?

Enyalus
I'm pretty positive that he was. stick out tongue

Lt. Valerian
Yeah, just had to make sure. As for the thread...

I have not read the novel yet, but, if he was able to take Vader down, he should have a pretty good chance against the Count, all-out.

Tangible God
Jesus-tap dancing-Christ... held Palpatine at bay? I'm either gonna love this game or despise it.

Enyalus
He gets hit with it, then grabs the Emperor's hand (or body?) and channels it right back into Palpatine himself.

truejedi
doesn't he end up losing on purpose to let his friends escape. "abandons defense to direct the energy at the stormtroopers" or something like that? It doesn't say it, but it sounds like they are insinuating he could have taken Sidious if he had wanted to. i agree, absurd.
and yeah,i was joking earlier Valerian.

Enyalus
I'm lazy. I didn't read the novel. I looked at the comic. wink But yeah, Vader and some of the stormtroopers regain consciousness and are going to attempt to stop the Alliance members from escaping, so Marek goes Majin Vegeta to buy them more time.

If you got the reference, you need as much help as I do.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'm lazy. I didn't read the novel. I looked at the comic. wink But yeah, Vader and some of the stormtroopers regain consciousness and are going to attempt to stop the Alliance members from escaping, so Marek goes Majin Vegeta to buy them more time.

If you got the reference, you need as much help as I do.

no argument there.

but honestly I hate this story i mean SW is now just getting gay because they wanted to make a fun game. I think they screw up so much stuff and take away from the rebel alliance. not to mention vader.

so i'm really hoping that the live action tv series will end up doing something that screws up TFU story.

Enyalus
I initially didn't like the idea of Palpatine being behind the idea for gathering the Rebel Alliance together. But if you recall ROTJ, it makes sense.

In ROTJ, he attempts to lure all of the Rebels together - fleet and military - and crush them at once in a trap. So it fits his MO that he would want to gather all of the people who were opposed to his rule together in one place and deal with them in a single stroke, as well.

I simply don't like how powerful Galen apparently is. Especially someone so young.

NonSensi-Klown
It's actually a pretty unoriginal tactic for totalitarians/leaders in general. If you know that some of your allies are actually your enemies, give them something to test their loyalty.

Gideon
Originally posted by Tangible God
Jesus-tap dancing-Christ... held Palpatine at bay? I'm either gonna love this game or despise it.

In a sense. In the novelization, he simply steps between Kota and the Emperor's Force lightning and takes the punishment, makes two steps, and grabs ahold of the Emperor and allows the lightning to electrocute them both.

Essentially, all he does is just act as the distraction, the target. When he becomes one with the Force and causes a WTFpwn-class explosion, Marek is part of the cement and Palpatine is still standing.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
I hate this story i mean SW is now just getting gay because they wanted to make a fun game.

NOOOO!!! come back to the darkside! fun games is the reason they made star wars!

truejedi
whats truly ridiculous is the way he wades through hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of stormtroopers. We saw in Jedi Twilight that teams of FIVE stormtroopers were sent out to kill jedi. (and succeeded in killing a jedi councile member with those odds) for him to kill hundreds and hundreds and crush's AT-AT's by the dozens, and crash tie fighters... It just borders on the absurd.

Lord Knightfa11
borders? more like dives into the abyss....

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by truejedi
whats truly ridiculous is the way he wades through hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of stormtroopers. We saw in Jedi Twilight that teams of FIVE stormtroopers were sent out to kill jedi. (and succeeded in killing a jedi councile member with those odds) for him to kill hundreds and hundreds and crush's AT-AT's by the dozens, and crash tie fighters... It just borders on the absurd.

i know.

but what really get sme is that he has been raised by vader, seeing pretty much no one aside from his pilots who keep getting killed and proxy, so he pretty much lives the darkside and during the events of like what 2-3 weeks he comepletly changes and is now a hero? thats just poor writing.

Elite Hunter
It would have been better if Marek was just out for revenge against Vader and the Emperor, he still could have had the relationship with Juno and all but he should have stayed a darksider.

Tangible God
It would have been quite a shift, albeit a preferred one over what's been handed us, if Marek was just a bad guy through and through. Doing the Sith's dirty work for 'em while simultaneously plotting their downfall. He'd fail of course, but it'd be neat if his presence inadvertantly caused a major plot device down the road that wound up helping the rebels.

Darth Exodus
Holy Hitler!! I want this game!

Why, oh why does the stupid united stupid states have to get things months before me!! When I become king of Canada I'm making some serious changes.

It will be illegal not to be a lesbian or love star wars for a start. Then the really insane stuff comes up. Butt stuff.

NonSensi-Klown
Well, the USA is superiro to Canada because we have democracy and freedom. America style. That's the best kind of style, if you didn't know.

Elite Hunter
Are you French Canadian?

Faunus
The SWVF is so off-topic these days. REX is slacking.

*awaits retribution*

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Holy Hitler!! I want this game!

Why, oh why does the stupid united stupid states have to get things months before me!! When I become king of Canada I'm making some serious changes.

It will be illegal not to be a lesbian or love star wars for a start. Then the really insane stuff comes up. Butt stuff.
What are you talking about? We (Canada) get everything on the same day as the US, including this game.

Tangible God
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Well, the USA is superiro to Canada because we have democracy and freedom. America style. That's the best kind of style, if you didn't know. I went to McDonalds a few days ago and asked for some Freedom Fries. They told me I was a fascist and to go back to France where I belong.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Are you French Canadian?

I live in California. no expression

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Well, the USA is superiro to Canada because we have democracy and freedom. America style. That's the best kind of style, if you didn't know. Plus, its like, Rome all over again.

Tangible God
Originally posted by DarkSerpent
Plus, its like, Rome all over again. Sheer awesomeness and dictatorship? Neither describes America.

NonSensi-Klown
The former does.

Enyalus
Rome was a pretty gay place (literally). At least the US has Rome beat there. Once we isolate San Fransisco from the rest of the continent.

DarkSerpent
In terms of sheer debauchery and depravity...

Enyalus
That and their obsession with putting penises everywhere on their street, homes, and around their necks.

Plus, Greece wasn't the only place that like young boys.

DarkSerpent
That and their obsession with putting penises everywhere on their street, homes, and around their necks.

Plus, Greece wasn't the only place that like young boys. And the abhorrently high rates of rape both in civilian life and in the military.

NonSensi-Klown
Rome was a pretty gay place (literally). At least the US has Rome beat there. Once we isolate San Fransisco from the rest of the continent.

I should resent that, being a San Francisco'in. But alas, you are right.

Enyalus
*laughs* No offense meant. wink

Faunus
You lie.

Homophobe.

Enyalus
Well, yeah. It's why I distance myself from several members of this subforum. stick out tongue

Faunus
Like that Gideon guy. I heard he digs the cock.

*gossips*

NonSensi-Klown
Eh. No offense taken. California is the capital of the ***-nation.

It's alright if you avoid certain parts of the city though, namely City Hall and the Castro.

Faunus house as well.

Faunus
I live in Westchester. You know, home of the X-Men.

It's pretty sad that that's the most prominent thing I can think of regarding my county, other than it's close proximity to the city.

Enyalus
Have you seen Patrick Stewart in a wheelchair recently?

Gideon
Oh, for the record, Galen also owns an AT-AT with Force lightning and then knocks it over with a Force push.

Enyalus
In the novel? ....How did they manage to fool readers into thinking that Force Lightning would be able to destroy an AT-AT? Especially Marek's lightning...

I think Yoda and the like would be able to knock over an AT-AT-esque object with a Force Push, though.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Gideon
In a sense. In the novelization, he simply steps between Kota and the Emperor's Force lightning and takes the punishment, makes two steps, and grabs ahold of the Emperor and allows the lightning to electrocute them both.

Essentially, all he does is just act as the distraction, the target. When he becomes one with the Force and causes a WTFpwn-class explosion, Marek is part of the cement and Palpatine is still standing.

Yep thats how i read it. Palpatine was more powerful than Galen. But seeing how he managed to defeat Vader, i say he would defeat Dooku.

Mizukage Yoda
I say...It would depend on the enviornment, cause from what I heard Marek only won b/c he had a shit load of things to throw at Vader. And yeah I still think that Palps with his saber would maybe not wreck Marek but I don't think he could defeat him in an all out fight.
I'd say that Dooku would take sabers, because he is one of the premier duelists in the PT era, Galen would take Force, but Dooku is pretty resourceful and would take the all out battle. To me Galen sounds like a overpowered AOTC Skywalker. Dooku try and taunt him, which could work to his advantage, or he could taunt him and get his ass handed to him ROTS style. The only thing Galen has done force wise that was impressive was the Star Destroyer thing in the trailer. But, since in the actual canon version he just guides a Star Destroyer away its not that impressive considering Dorsk 81 blasted a group of SDs in Jedi Academy: Leviathanb

truejedi
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
I say...It would depend on the enviornment, cause from what I heard Marek only won b/c he had a shit load of things to throw at Vader. And yeah I still think that Palps with his saber would maybe not wreck Marek but I don't think he could defeat him in an all out fight.
I'd say that Dooku would take sabers, because he is one of the premier duelists in the PT era, Galen would take Force, but Dooku is pretty resourceful and would take the all out battle. To me Galen sounds like a overpowered AOTC Skywalker. Dooku try and taunt him, which could work to his advantage, or he could taunt him and get his ass handed to him ROTS style. The only thing Galen has done force wise that was impressive was the Star Destroyer thing in the trailer. But, since in the actual canon version he just guides a Star Destroyer away its not that impressive considering Dorsk 81 blasted a group of SDs in Jedi Academy: Leviathanb

destroying AT-AT's with the force isn't impressive? he powered the engine of a capital ship using nothing but the force. A ship from a JUNK HEAP!!!! that was a bit ridiculous in my opinion. He destroyed hundreds of droids with one massive force attack, clearing an area i believe it said of several miles (don't have the quote with me) He uses the force to pull free a sky lift that was anchored on kashykk. he did some impressive things, you can't deny that.

Mizukage Yoda
You have a point, his resume is very impressive, although the AT-AT thing I'd recon Dooku might be able to do. I mean Dooku is on par with Master Windu who I believe Galen cannot beat. I mean despite many people underestimating him; this is the master of Makashi, specifically designed towards dueling. I'd say Dooku takes this with a few scars. I mean honestly how the hell can you explain this guy, he has the potential of any Skywalker, but where did it come from. From what I've seen from his dad; he was an average Jedi, but his son was damn neer a force god.
But, he did almost lose to Shaak Ti, who got wrecked by General Grievous with the assistance of four other Jedi. And the good General was Dooku's pupil.

Darth Exodus
Shaak Ti did have some help from her control of the enviroment, plus Galen had just fought though Felucias jungle for a long time (i assume without rest) plus she also had an extra, what, 15 years training after her defeat?

Mizukage Yoda
Still this is the same Shaak Ti who was wrecked by GG who Count Dooku played around with in training sessions. But Shaak Ti is not on par with Count Dooku. And I doubt Kardazan Paratus is as powerful as Tsui Choi. And yet it is stated by Vader that he was "Vastly more powerful" than the apprentice. Dooku has the advantage hear as from what I've seen Galen just prefers to batter people with the force, like his duel with Vader. I am positive that if he had a saber duel with Dooku he would lose, and resort to Force Powers. Dooku might have some trouble hear but as I recall in CW he did block objects being thrown at him by Ventress with relative ease( yes I know Ventress is far below the likes of Marek) But he has still managed to dispense of people using the Force alone. He force choked Quinlan Vos while releaving him of his lightsaber, he used force lightning to blast Asajji Ventress so hard that her lightsabers dropped from her hands. So far I say Dooku>Galen by sheer prowest with a lightsaber big grin

Enyalus
1. Sabers - Dooku, 6/10.
2. Force - Marek, 7/10.
3. All-Out - Marek, 6/10.

The above is all of the reasoning anyone needs. Case closed.

truejedi
what would be interesting is knowing who the jedi master of the jedi knight that was the father of marek was. Vader seemed scared of him, whoever that was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.