Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Darth Vader & Galen Marek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Enyalus
You know how it goes.

1. Sabers only.
2. Force only.
3. All-out.

Everyone is at their peak. Battle takes place on Kashyyyk.

Blax_Hydralisk
Does Ulic have any force feats that can stand up to Vader and Galen "Destroyed the entire bridge of a star destroyer" Marek?

Otherwise I don't think Kun can take out both Vader and Marek at the same time. I personally find Kun's saber skills to be just as overrated as Mauls, also.

So... I'd say team 2 wins all three times.

Sabers only- 6/10
Force- 6/10
All-Out-6/10

Enyalus
I've already shown my vast ignorance of Ulic's skills. The only thing that stands out in my mind is him using his amulet to blast three Jedi, including Nomi Sunrider, about 15 ft back and put them on their ass. Unintentionally.

But uh, Galen used an ore shooting garbage canon (or something like that) to blast a hole through the Star Destroyer.

Schwarzenegger
This fight is going to be so epic, first we have exar kun , his amulets and superior dark side knowledge as well as incredible strength in the force, and then we have vader who is an extremely formidable opponent thanks to TFU, then we have mr overpowered chinky garen malek that gave vader a beating.

Faunus
"Epic" is definitely the word I'd use, although I have to say I'm leaning towards the new age combatants on account of Marek's tendency to go totally apeshit with the Force and own people into oblivion. I mean, taking down Darth Vader - and the panels Arnold posted make me want to read the comic even more - and going through one of the most legendary duelists in the Old Order (Shaak Ti), as well as two other Jedi Masters (Kota and Kazdan), is a whole new level of absurd.

Enyalus
It seemed to me that his limited experience dueling actual Jedi cost him something.

Against Kota, who is old and wasn't on the Jedi Council (right?), they were virtually even in saber skills. Against Shaak Ti, he's getting beaten badly (granted that she does have the terrain advantage) until he blows himself out of the grip of a native plant and stabs Ti through the chest. She was turning away and didn't even have her lightsaber out because she thought it was over. And then somehow against Vader he manages to break a saber lock and slash him across the chest. What the hell?

That's how it goes in the 1-shot comic. If it happens differently in the novel, please correct me.

I don't know if the inconsistancy in Marek's saber skills shows the writers inconsistancy or an improvement in Marek's abilities. Regardless, Vader's quite amazing and I can see the Imperial Team taking the saber contest 6/10 times. Force only, I think should go to the Sith War team, due to their amulets, about 7/10 times. Marek's lightning doesn't show the ability to disintegrate people - although he does take the full force of Palpatine's lightning, intended to kill Kota, and rechannel it back into Palpatine himself.

All out, I'm unsure. I'm leaning towards it being a tie, 5/10, or Kun's team winning 6/10.

Faunus
I'd more inclined to give the Sith War team the edge in a duel, on account of the freak of swordsmanship that is Ulic Qel-Droma and his arguably even better master, Exar Kun, although I can certainly see the Imperials pulling a win there.

Thing is, Marek appears to be a Force-user on or approaching the level of Yoda, thanks to Vader's trademark jackass brand of training, which apparently encourages the apprentice to utterly ruin everything in sight. I'm positive he can't handle some of the powers at Kun's disposal and, while clearly very skilled, I don't know if he can defeat Ulic in a duel through sheer virtue of being more powerful, considering how skilled the man is with a blade.

Meh.

Enyalus
Marek might be approaching Yoda-level...I think its very clear that he isn't on par with him, though - judging solely from their incidents with Palpatine.

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by Faunus
"Epic" is definitely the word I'd use, although I have to say I'm leaning towards the new age combatants on account of Marek's tendency to go totally apeshit with the Force and own people into oblivion. I mean, taking down Darth Vader - and the panels Arnold posted make me want to read the comic even more - and going through one of the most legendary duelists in the Old Order (Shaak Ti), as well as two other Jedi Masters (Kota and Kazdan), is a whole new level of absurd.

Well it is interesting to compare galen and vader against one another(from the comic at least), theres one panel where vader grabs garen, ragdolls him with TK and nearly kills him but failed thanks to proxy turning into obi wan attemping to kill vader which gave galen ample time to escape.

Though he was ambushed, this shows that garen can be beaten pretty badly when he gets caught off guard or his defences jacked by his opponent.

The fight depicted in the comic showed that vader was completely unaware of the pillars that marek was going to smash him down with, he goes wha... and then WHAM, gets his ass beaten quick.

In my personal opinion both are very strong combatants and garen rivals vader in raw power.

Master Crimzon
In RAW POWER? Galen most definetly exceeds Vader. Acquired power is what we can be arguing.

On-topic, Galen and Vader have this.

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
In RAW POWER? Galen most definetly exceeds Vader. Acquired power is what we can be arguing.

Hmm, maybe so but not by a large margin, vader was still able to kick mareks ass and vice versa.

The only thing i'll be a ***** about is that TFU ain't coming to PC and i can't afford a HD tv or a ps3. That sucks ass.

By the way, what do you mean by "aquired power"?

Faunus
Raw power + Mastery/Control/Experience + Knowledge = Acquired power.

It's essentially the power that someone can wield at a given point. Anakin, for example, has limitless raw power, but he lacks the control or knowledge to use it in imaginative or truly impressive ways on a whim.

Master Crimzon
Raw power + Mastery/Control/Experience + Knowledge = Acquired power.

It's essentially the power that someone can wield at a given point. Anakin, for example, has limitless raw power, but he lacks the control or knowledge to use it in imaginative or truly impressive ways on a whim.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Faunus
That's not all I took out of your mouth. no expression

Master Crimzon
Confess to your crimes.

Faunus
I just did. Would you like to confess exactly what it was that I took out of your mouth?

Master Crimzon
Percisely.

Only that my mouth has all of its contests, so you are lying. I win again.

Gideon
That's not all I took out of your mouth. no expression

LOL.

Master Crimzon
I cannot believe I just spelled 'contents' as 'contests'. Damnit, this just gives me more motive to kill myself.

Faunus
Wait. Master Crimzon? Damn, I thought it was Mister Crimzon. Whoa.

Enyalus
Needing reading glasses at your advanced age, Faunus?

Faunus
I am of the youth. Plus, I have vision between 20/20 and 20/10, so ha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.