Why is the Earth said to be 6000 years old?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
In watching Zeitgeist again, I came across a revelation. Can't believe I didn't see it sooner.

Those who have seen it knows it talks about the great year, and the ages, in which every one of them is 2160 years apart.

It says Moses in Exodus reveals the transition from Taurus to Aries, around 2160 BC and Jesus, which is Aries to Pisces to be 0 AD. Now, we have about 2000 years after 0 AD, so lets add them on. 2160 + 2000 = 4160.

Zeitgeist claims that the Bible goes through the ages: Taurus, Aries and Pisces, and foretells Aquarius. So lets add the age of Taurus aswell.

4160 +2160 = 6320

That's why it's said that the Earth around 6000 years old. It's not 6000 years old, that's just how long ago the Bible dates.

Bardock42
That is but a revelation to you, youngling.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Bardock42
That is but a revelation to you, youngling. So far.

Leader
The film is bollocks.

lord xyz
How is it bollocks?

chithappens
Isn't that even stated bluntly in the movie?

lord xyz
Originally posted by chithappens
Isn't that even stated bluntly in the movie? Doesn't mention the 6000 year old Earth thing.

Leader
They think the earth is 6000 years old because Bishop Usher added up all the ages in the Bible and came to that conclusion...you idiot.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Leader
They think the earth is 6000 years old because Bishop Usher added up all the ages in the Bible and came to that conclusion...you idiot. And the Bible goes through the ages (nice choice of word there) Taurus, Aries and Pisces. The age of Taurus began roughly 6000 years ago.

Leader
Originally posted by lord xyz
And the Bible goes through the ages (nice choice of word there) Taurus, Aries and Pisces. The age of Taurus began roughly 6000 years ago.

The ages of people...events in history etc

Not the periods of time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher_chronology

It has nothing to do with your fabricated nonsense.

lord xyz
Yeah, the people who were around in the ages Taurus, Aries and Pisces, which started roughly 6000 years ago.

King Kandy
Nobody involved in calculating that figure gave a shit about astrological "ages."

lord xyz
Originally posted by King Kandy
Nobody involved in calculating that figure gave a shit about astrological "ages." And?

I'm sure they didn't, but dating back to when these Bible folk are said to exist after eachother, it makes sense to have it start around 6000 years ago since that's when the Bible stories start.

King Kandy
And?

I'm sure they didn't, but dating back to when these Bible folk are said to exist after eachother, it makes sense to have it start around 6000 years ago since that's when the Bible stories start.
Yeah, that's kind of the point. The Bible stories start at creation, so clearly the time that occurred would be how old the Earth is...

Leader
Yeah, the people who were around in the ages Taurus, Aries and Pisces, which started roughly 6000 years ago.

Evidence?

lord xyz
Yeah, that's kind of the point. The Bible stories start at creation, so clearly the time that occurred would be how old the Earth is... They start at the age of Taurus.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Leader
Evidence? http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/sources.htm

Symmetric Chaos
In watching Zeitgeist again

You poor thing.

That's why it's said that the Earth around 6000 years old. It's not 6000 years old, that's just how long ago the Bible dates.

Exactly . . . just about everyone but you already knew that. It's not really what the Bible says it's what some guy who went through and counted up how long people lived for decided.

Grand-Moff-Gav
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/sources.htm

Can't you link me to it?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Can't you link me to it?

Highlight it.

Right click.

Copy.

Go to the URL bar at the top of your browser.

Highlight.

Right click.

Paste.

Enter.

Bardock42
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/sources.htm

Grand-Moff-Gav
You are both mistaken as to my intention,

I wanted him to perhaps link me to some evidence he had read from a reliable third party source.

While that list is fine- I have the feeling he has never read any of the material it lists and thus just takes for granted that the Zeitgeist Website gives reliable sources.

Symmetric Chaos
You are both mistaken as to my intention,

I wanted him to perhaps link me to some evidence he had read from a reliable third party source.

While that list is fine- I have the feeling he has never read any of the material it lists and thus just takes for granted that the Zeitgeist Website gives reliable sources.

B-but they're anti-establishment, how could they say anything less than the absolute truth?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
B-but they're anti-establishment, how could they say anything less than the absolute truth?

...touche salesman

King Kandy
They start at the age of Taurus.
Wow, congratulations.

So basically the bible says that the earth is 6000 years old because it starts in the age of Taurus, and it starts at the age of Taurus because the bible says that the world was created 6000 years ago.

What a revelation!

Bicnarok

Phantom Zone
They think the earth is 6000 years old because Bishop Usher added up all the ages in the Bible and came to that conclusion...you idiot.

*gasp* No need to insult him.

lord xyz

Deja~vu

King Kandy
I'm pretty sure what I said was:

They counted the people in the Bible, the Bible starts at the age of Taurus, Taurus started 6000 years ago.
The funny thing here though is that if you remove everything in that sentence regarding Taurus, you still get that same 6000 year figure.

"They counted the people in the bible" is the true answer. No need to needlessly complicate things.

Symmetric Chaos
And the word "cattle" which is cows and bulls, is said throughout genesis.
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=006881879558367283326%3Ax7osxiblslm&q=cattle&sa=Search&cof=FORID%3A1

13:2 And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.
8:1 And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;
34:5 And Jacob heard that he had defiled Dinah his daughter: now his sons were with his cattle in the field: and Jacob held his peace until they were come.

1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

1:24, God creates all animals, but only cattle are mentioned specifically.

Similarly, Exodus and beyond mention sheep a lot, and the new testement talks about fish, specifically 2.

My god, you'd think that food and clothing were important things for a bunch of people that lived in the desert.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
My god, you'd think that food and clothing were important things for a bunch of people that lived in the desert. You're not reading it right.

Cattle is mentioned more than any other animal. Occasionally ass and goat etc. are mentioned, but none are as much as cattle. Which implies there's a lot of cattle around. Then they suddenly died and God favoured sheep all of a sudden.

lord xyz
The funny thing here though is that if you remove everything in that sentence regarding Taurus, you still get that same 6000 year figure.

"They counted the people in the bible" is the true answer. No need to needlessly complicate things. I'm saying why were the people in the Bible of that era? Why do all the people go back to 6000 years ago, when they're really not real people, but recycled stories? Is it a coincidence that they were people from those ages, and they go back to the beginning of Taurus, not the Earth, since that's the era the stories were set in before the Bible.

inimalist
xyz:

don't you see it as somewhat hypocritical to call yourself a skeptic in one thread and then propose this nonsense in another?

inimalist
I'm saying why were the people in the Bible of that era? Why do all the people go back to 6000 years ago, when they're really not real people, but recycled stories? Is it a coincidence that they were people from those ages, and they go back to the beginning of Taurus, not the Earth, since that's the era the stories were set in before the Bible.

its much more likely the lineage, which was used to date creation, was a form of holding authority into a single family or tribe. To have such a record would make anyone able to claim that lineage more powerful in society.

I'm just guessing, I'm no expert here, but there are very similar things in Islam and pretty much any hereditary power structure.

King Kandy
I'm saying why were the people in the Bible of that era? Why do all the people go back to 6000 years ago, when they're really not real people, but recycled stories? Is it a coincidence that they were people from those ages, and they go back to the beginning of Taurus, not the Earth, since that's the era the stories were set in before the Bible.
Is it a coincidence that that the lineages go back 6000 years when the Earth is supposedly 6000 years old? No, it's not a coincidence... those are the SAME THINGS.

leonheartmm
people people, stop targetting lordxy's conclusion. your stunting his psychological growth by bringing him down when he is wondering about things. right or wrong. lol, im not trying to offend any side, its just the truth.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by leonheartmm
people people, stop targetting lordxy's conclusion. your stunting his psychological growth by bringing him down when he is wondering about things. right or wrong. lol, im not trying to offend any side, its just the truth.

We're pointing out oddities in his conclusions and thought process so that he can goodthink when the truth takes over.

King Kandy
Dude he's already put his mental growth on permanent hold when he started buying into this astrology shit.

inimalist

no, i hear you, I believed some wacko things when i was younger

just, you know, pushing him not to stop questioning things when they start saying what he wants to hear

leonheartmm
true true, but if you bring a person DOWN, without adding anything uplifting, u often get em depressed and they either, keep thinking the way they are, or become disappointed and dont think at all. thats why every1 has to come to their own conclusion about the world in a way. just sumthing that occured to me, im not advocating for or against here.

inimalist
I've had similar thoughts about getting into debates with people in class. I mean, at least they are trying. It is hard to tell someone that they couldn't be more wrong and also make them feel good.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by inimalist
I've had similar thoughts about getting into debates with people in class. I mean, at least they are trying. It is hard to tell someone that they couldn't be more wrong and also make them feel good.

If they are intelligent people, they will usually work round.

inimalist
lol, thats the problem though

i wont rant on it, but students, at my university at least, are not intelligent, in that way at least. I dont think they think for themselves.

Grand-Moff-Gav
lol, thats the problem though

i wont rant on it, but students, at my university at least, are not intelligent, in that way at least. I dont think they think for themselves.

Then dominate their minds! evil face

inimalist
Then dominate their minds! evil face

but... it feels so.... evil.....

Grand-Moff-Gav
but... it feels so.... evil.....

embrace the dark side...it is your...destiny!

inimalist
embrace the dark side...it is your...destiny!

*clutches wrist nub*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*jumps off cloud city*

Grand-Moff-Gav
*clutches wrist nub*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*jumps off cloud city*

Oh...well thats that....

*Walks away*

Robtard

Making them feel bad is a pleasant side effect of showing them how wrong and foolish they are. Don't deny this pleasure, embrace it, it's your birth-right!

King Kandy
I disagree. Make them feel like the failures they are.

leonheartmm
mean. sad

lord xyz
Okay, new conclusion:

It's a coincidence.

Symmetric Chaos
true true, but if you bring a person DOWN, without adding anything uplifting, u often get em depressed and they either, keep thinking the way they are, or become disappointed and dont think at all.

Coincidentally that happens to be the skeleton basics of brainwashing.

Bicnarok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.