Sarah Palin??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
Ok..
This is the weirdest thing that McCain has ever thought of (besides pursuing the war in Iraq)

You select someone you met for just 1 TIME as your running mate?

I mean, c'mon.
This is the VP position. You should at least choose someone befitting the post, someone you have worked with, etc.

This guy is absolutely a nutcase!

lord xyz
Both VP picks were stupid, Obama's not so much.

Obama picking Biden: "**** change, I obviously need foriegn policy experience." I mean, what happened to, it's the judgement that matters? What happened to uniting the party/country?

McCain picking Palin: "I picked a woman to be VP, did Barack Obama?" Despite the fact she's even more inexperienced than Obama and brings nothing to the ticket.

Republican National Convention was probably really dull and empty as well.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lord xyz

Republican National Convention was probably really dull and empty as well.

I do, very much, doubt that it "was".

lord xyz
My bad.

SelinaAndBruce
I'm a Democrat and on the Obama/Biden side thought I don't like them very much and I have to say I think it was a smart move by McCain picking Palin but it was also risky. I'm interested in seeing what will happen.

Leader
Originally posted by Bardock42
I do, very much, doubt that it "was".

hahaha

Ghostface00
McInsane ran on judgement and experience, yet he decided to pick his running mate he only met ONCE to run the country if ever something should happen to him! Is that good judgement or someone pandering and playing politics to win.

McInsane
Politics First!

Aster Phoenix
Hey, she listed her qualifications roll eyes (sarcastic)

1) Member of the PTA
2) Attended hockey games.
3) Attends church.

BackFire
Come on man.

She was also mayor of a small town with a population the size of some large schools, and she governed a state with a population that is smaller than many big cities.

Clearly she's ready to step up and take control should anything happen to McCain, what since McCain hasn't based his entire campaign on experience.

Aster Phoenix
Yeah considering there's an entire country between her state and the rest of the US, it kinda brings new meaning to "out of touch".

Strangelove
A good thing for Obama is that the choice of Palin effectively takes the "inexperience" issue off the table.

Aster Phoenix
I think the fact that she didn't even know what the VP job was takes it off the table.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Strangelove
A good thing for Obama is that the choice of Palin effectively takes the "inexperience" issue off the table. Just like a good thing for McCain is that the Biden choice effectively takes the "Old Fart of the Establishment" issue off the table.

Aster Phoenix
The difference is that there is a very real chance that McCain could die in office.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
The difference is that there is a very real chance that McCain could die in office. Haha, right, a black president in the US has an awesome shot at surviving his term. You are priceless.

Aster Phoenix
And what does that say about the US if it's true.

McCain is in his 70's, whats the average lifespan again? And he has had medical issues before.

And I would rather have Biden in the White house then Moneypenny here any day.

Dark-Jaxx
Haha, right, a black president in the US has an awesome shot at surviving his term. You are priceless. I loled.

But must agree, one of the "Good Ol' Boys" in Idaho will probably take him out if he is elected.

Seriously, what has this woman ever done that say she should be Vice President, or is McCain dies, President?

She sounds kinda like an empty suit IMO...

lord xyz
She's described as a "hockey mom". Since when has hockey been a sport Americans likes?

Aster Phoenix
She's described as a "hockey mom". Since when has hockey been a sport Americans likes?

Might help them with Detroit.

Bardock42
She's described as a "hockey mom". Since when has hockey been a sport Americans likes? In my experience US Americans do like Hockey, especially in northern states, it might be overlooked though by the extreme boner the Canadians have for it.

Aster Phoenix
You talkin bad about our hockey eh?

Seriously man, I don't get it either. Give me football any day.

lord xyz
In my experience US Americans do like Hockey, especially in northern states, it might be overlooked though by the extreme boner the Canadians have for it. It's not uncommon knowledge that Candians love hockey and Americans dislike Canadians. So if someone along the lines makes that connection, it could turn them away from the McCain ticket.

Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
You talkin bad about our hockey eh?

Seriously man, I don't get it either. Give me football any day. And by football do you mean, American football, Canadian football, or real football?

Aster Phoenix
NFL, I'm Canadian and even I have a hard time with CFL.

lord xyz
National Football League? Canadian Football League?

Isn't Canada your nation?

Aster Phoenix
Yeah, and take it from me there's lots to love about us. Our take on Football? Not so much.

NonSensi-Klown

Your semantics are at best, boring.

Bardock42

And Germany is mine and I still call the NFL "NFL". Odd, innit?

Symmetric Chaos
And by football do you mean, American football, Canadian football, or real football?

There is no "real football" there is however a sport called Association Football that is sometimes called soccer in the US and Canada while the rest of the world vernacular simply calls it football.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
There is no "real football" there is however a sport called Association Football that is sometimes called soccer in the US and Canada while the rest of the world vernacular simply calls it football.

You are making no sense, why do you hate real football?

Symmetric Chaos
You are making no sense, why do you hate real football?

I don't. I'm simply fighting ignorance.

Bardock42
I don't. I'm simply fighting ignorance. Really though. American Football shouldn't be called that at all. It hardly has anything to do with feet. I'd propose American Armored Rugby.

Aster Phoenix
Really though. American Football shouldn't be called that at all. It hardly has anything to do with feet at all. I'd propose American Armored Rugby.

If your talking about Soccer, it's my favorite sport actually.

Symmetric Chaos
Really though. American Football shouldn't be called that at all. It hardly has anything to do with feet.

Well there's the kick off and field goals and . . . all that time carrying the ball.

I'd propose American Armored Rugby.

That'd be awesome. Except that it would probably start a war.

Bardock42
Well there's the kick off and field goals and . . . all that time carrying the ball.

That'd be awesome. Except that it would probably start a war. Meh, they can call it what they want really, just sayin'.

chithappens

Obama picking Biden: "**** change, I obviously need foriegn policy experience." I mean, what happened to, it's the judgement that matters? What happened to uniting the party/country?

How does picking Biden contradict Obama's statements on judgment?

Bicnarok

lord xyz
Originally posted by chithappens
How does picking Biden contradict Obama's statements on judgment? It doesn't, it just exaggerates that Obama is inexperienced, although, it does also make people safe in that he had Biden to help him...even Biden didn't need the VP slot for that.

And Germany is mine and I still call the NFL "NFL". Odd, innit? Yeah. It is.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Ok..
This is the weirdest thing that McCain has ever thought of (besides pursuing the war in Iraq)

I mean, c'mon.
This is the VP position. You should at least choose someone befitting the post, someone you have worked with, etc.

Oh he's a nutcase alright. He picked a woman VP who is advocating that Creationism be taught in schools.

Aster Phoenix
I watched McCain's convention statement and I'm sorry to put it this way but she looked like his secretary.

Grand-Moff-Gav

NonSensi-Klown
It's sarcasm, Gav. It's sarcasm.

lord xyz
It's not. It's not a crazy idea either. Why else would he make such a radical choice?

Since WW2 politicians, government and media have become more and more radical and events are more suspicious. Basically the hands at work are becoming more ballsier by the fact that the public are way more stupefied.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Ok..

I mean, c'mon.

I get the feeling that you don't know what you are talking about.

Robtard
Sarah Palin's 17 year old unwed daughter is pregnant... hahahahahaahahaaaahhhahaaaa. Family values my ass.

Edit: Just saw it was already brought up in the Election thread a couple hours ago, still a LoL though.

Quiero Mota
Really though. American Football shouldn't be called that at all. It hardly has anything to do with feet. I'd propose American Armored Rugby.

Australians call it "Grid iron", which is actually what the field is called. I wouldn't mind that as the official name of the game though.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Robtard
Sarah Palin's 17 year old unwed daughter is pregnant... hahahahahaahahaaaahhhahaaaa. Family values my ass.

Edit: Just saw it was already brought up in the Election thread a couple hours ago, still a LoL though. IOKIYAR

Aster Phoenix
I just saw the press coverage of the convention again and she really needs to change her look, and at least have her stand beside him. Right now she looks like his PR assistant.

llagrok
Looks like a ****.

Women have nothing to do in politics.

She should stick to church, hockey fights and the PTA. That alone lets her out of the kitchen too much.

Robtard
IOKIYAR

Here's the icing on the cake, she opposed sex-education and is a "abstinence only" advocate. Looks like it worked well for her family.

Hey SithSabre, further proof that "abstinence only" is a load of shit.

lord xyz
Here's the icing on the cake, she opposed sex-education and is a "abstinence only" advocate. Looks like it worked well for her family.

Hey SithSabre, further proof that "abstinence only" is a load of shit. That's nothing.

We all know about Fmr. Pres. George Bush saying things like "read my lips" and "this scurge will stop", you know, wasting America's money incriminating people who weren't really criminals in an attempt to get people off of using drugs like cocaine and marijuana.

His oponenent and successor used cannabis
His son and successor used cocaine

Both for recreational use. Now, that's major irony there. You lost to someone who used something you fought so vividly against, you tried hard to get America off something, claiming it to be a crime, yet your very own son used it.

I wonder if Michael Dukakis would have ever done that.

Bardock42
That's nothing.

We all know about Fmr. Pres. George Bush saying things like "read my lips" and "this scurge will stop", you know, wasting America's money incriminating people who weren't really criminals in an attempt to get people off of using drugs like cocaine and marijuana.

His oponenent and successor used cannabis
His son and successor used cocaine

Both for recreational use. Now, that's major irony there. You lost to someone who used something you fought so vividly against, you tried hard to get America off something, claiming it to be a crime, yet your very own son used it.

I wonder if Michael Dukakis would have ever done that. Even more irony...Cannabis saved his life when his fighter was shot over the pacific.

lord xyz
Even more irony...Cannabis saved his life when his fighter was shot over the pacific. Never heard that story. Where'd you get it from?

Bardock42
Never heard that story. Where'd you get it from? Well, it's just about the fact that all sorts of shit were made from cannabis during the second world war, for example the straps on parachutes, like the one George Bush used in order to survive jumping out of his plane.

Robtard
Some more interesting info on Palin, apparently she is an:

Early Earth creationist supporter, who believes the Earth is something like 4004 years old.

A member of a church (Pentecostals) who practices 'speaking in tongues' and 'snake handling' in order to have Jesus in them.

Has a bachelor's degree in communications as far as a formal education

Bardock42

Early Earth creationist supporter, who believes the Earth is something like 4004 years old.

A member of a church (Pentecostals) who practices 'speaking in tongues' and 'snake handling' in order to have Jesus in them.

Has a bachelor's degree in communications as far as a formal education Seems like a mighty fine woman, that.

lord xyz
Well, it's just about the fact that all sorts of shit were made from cannabis during the second world war, for example the straps on parachutes, like the one George Bush used in order to survive jumping out of his plane. That's not ironic. Anything could've saved him, and the war of drugs wouldn't have mean he'd die. The parachute would've just been made out of something else.

Aster Phoenix

Has a bachelor's degree in communications as far as a formal education

Ladies and Gentlemen, the vice president of the United States of America.... A former beauty pageant contestant who's good at public speaking, has experience governing a population the size of my car pool, loves having sex with her husband, supports Jesus and Hockey in that order and apparently has a viper fetish.

Now let's all stop pointing and laughing and give her a round of applause.

lord xyz
Sexy snake lady, yeah.

dadudemon
She's uh....hot. no expression

I thought that McCain's choice was simply a way to win former Hilary voters. That's the first thing that came to my mind when I heard who he picked.

However, her credentials don't seem very...well...

does she even HAVE credentials?

lord xyz
Dadudemon sucks elephant dick.

Bardock42
That's not ironic. Anything could've saved him, and the war of drugs wouldn't have mean he'd die. The parachute would've just been made out of something else. What the f**k?

That could be next to the definition of irony in a freaking dictionary.

dadudemon
Dadudemon sucks elephant dick.

and? confused

Symmetric Chaos
What the f**k?

That could be next to the definition of irony in a freaking dictionary.

Poetic justice. And even then it would be a stretch. If he survived by getting high on weed it'd be poetic justice. Being saved by parachute straps that just happened to be made of hemp isn't much of anything, unless he was opposed to the use of hemp for materials rather than just smoking.

zbucsz
i would do her, i bet she was a dime in her prime.

Darth Macabre
Palin's daughter is pregnant, hm? An interesting wrinkle in things.

Bardock42
Poetic justice. And even then it would be a stretch. If he survived by getting high on weed it'd be poetic justice. Being saved by parachute straps that just happened to be made of hemp isn't much of anything, unless he was opposed to the use of hemp for materials rather than just smoking.

He is opposed to Hemp for everything as far as I know, including the multiple uses that were necessary in World War 2, as well as medical uses and recreational. As far as I know, he is just flat out agains Marijuhana being used for anything. And it is ironic that someone that spent his life banning hemp from the US depended on it so much, unconsciously, in his earlier years. Certainly more so than his son having used Cocaine, imo.

xmarksthespot
Old sportscasting footage of Palin with 80s hair

Shakyamunison

Edit: Just saw it was already brought up in the Election thread a couple hours ago, still a LoL though.

So, do you believe that she should have ruled her daughter's life like a dictator? Should she not have let her daughter have any boy friends? I have news for you, 17 year old girls get pregnant all the time.

xmarksthespot
Less seventeen year old girls get pregnant when you give them a condom and a banana and make them google images "herpes."

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Less seventeen year old girls get pregnant when you give them a condom and a banana and make them google images "herpes."

Like that is going to work. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Like that is going to work. roll eyes (sarcastic) It is. Fact.

xmarksthespot
Kohler PK, Manhart LE, Lafferty WE. Abstinence-only and comprehensive sex education and the initiation of sexual activity and teen pregnancy. J Adolesc Health 42(4), 2008.

Mindship
"I picked a woman to be VP, did Barack Obama?" Despite the fact she's even more inexperienced than Obama and brings nothing to the ticket. She brings Obama's victory.

Better hope no one discovers her dominatrix outfit.

dadudemon
Kohler PK, Manhart LE, Lafferty WE. Abstinence-only and comprehensive sex education and the initiation of sexual activity and teen pregnancy. J Adolesc Health 42(4), 2008.

1. Nice avatar.

2. So sex education really works?

Also, maybe her daughter should get an abortion? shifty

WrathfulDwarf
Honestly, I stay away from these discussions...but I gotta say this is a rather good move from Mc Cain.

I think this election is about who puts up the best show in their campaign. The democratic convention look more like a rock concert...all that was missing was the band and the light show.

I remain undecided. This election is too much Cirque du Soleil for me. Two more months and thank goodness it will be over. No more conservative jerks and no more liberal minions running loose....one can only hope.

Robtard
So, do you believe that she should have ruled her daughter's life like a dictator? Should she not have let her daughter have any boy friends? I have news for you, 17 year old girls get pregnant all the time.

The point: She's an advocate of both "family values" and "abstinence only", it's funny that she can't keep her own house in order.

You're right though, kids will be kids, so this just further solidifies that sex education and making condoms available is probably a good idea. Because if she was going to rebel and spread her legs in the snow even under the care of a mother like Palin, a condom would have both protected her from STDs and probably prevented the pregnancy.

chillmeistergen
I wouldn't mind having a shot at impregnating her daughter.

Robtard
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Honestly, I stay away from these discussions...but I gotta say this is a rather good move from Mc Cain.

In what ways?

Shakyamunison
The point: She's an advocate of both "family values" and "abstinence only", it's funny that she can't keep her own house in order.

You're right though, kids will be kids, so this just further solidifies that sex education and making condoms available is probably a good idea. Because if she was going to rebel and spread her legs in the snow even under the care of a mother like Palin, a condom would have both protected her from STDs and probably prevented the pregnancy.

Your conclusion is wrong. The best parents in the world still have children who do what they want to do. It has nothing to do with "house in order".

botankus
It's all marketing. Cheney with his gay daughter, Bush with his drunk twins, Palin with her knocked-up kid. The left doesn't have much to attack except for issues of irony...which they already look for anyway. If the kids were Christian, white supremicist, anti-gay, anti-abortion activists, their parents' political careers would be up in smoke without any chance to defend themselves.

Robtard
Your conclusion is wrong. The best parents in the world still have children who do what they want to do. It has nothing to do with "house in order".

Me wrong? Hahahaaaahah.

Would you let a mechanic who couldn't properly fix his own car work on yours?

Edit: But more to the point, sex-ed and condom availabilty is a good thing.

Shakyamunison
Me wrong? Hahahaaaahah.

Would you let a mechanic who couldn't properly fix his own car work on yours?

Edit: But more to the point, sex-ed and condom availabilty is a good thing.

A 17 year old girl/woman is not a car. If you think you can tell a 17 year old girl/woman not to have sex when she want too, then you are really clueless. laughing

Robtard
A 17 year old girl/woman is not a car. If you think you can tell a 17 year old girl/woman not to have sex when she want too, then you are really clueless. laughing

Are you acting like a retard on purpose?

But more to the point, sex-ed and condom availabilty is a good thing.

Shakyamunison
Are you acting like a retard on purpose?

Do you like to beat your wife?

Now can we get back on topic before you start just insulting me because you have no argument?

Robtard
Do you like to beat your wife?

Now can we get back on topic before you start just insulting me because you have no argument?

Never have and I do love the "you have no argument" tactic, it's cute.

You're using a strawman, I never claimed a 17 year old girl could be kept in check, I in fact argued it's the reason why sex-ed and condom availability is a good thing. The fact that you avoid those post, despite me reposting them for you and continue to act like a retard is the reason why I asked.

Would you like me to repost them again? Or you can just look two post above this one.

Edit: For the third time now. copy/paste

Shakyamunison
Never have and I do love the "you have no argument" tactic, it's cute.

You're using a strawman, I never claimed a 17 year old girl could be kept in check, I in fact argued it's the reason why sex-ed and condom availability is a good thing. The fact that you avoid those post, despite me reposting them for you and continue to act like a retard is the reason why I asked.

Would you like me to repost them again? Or you can just look two post above this one.

Edit: For the third time now. copy/paste

Then you cannot call Palin a hypocrite because her daughter got pregnant. To do that is to say that parents have control over 17 year old girls. Sorry you did not follow me on that. How you feel about birth control is irrelevant.

Robtard
Then you cannot call Palin a hypocrite because her daughter got pregnant. To do that is to say that parents have control over 17 year old girls. Sorry you did not follow me on that. How you feel about birth control is irrelevant.

More strawman, I said:

Shakyamunison
More strawman, I said:

That does not matter. Her beliefs cannot extent to her daughter. For all we know her daughter could be free sex hippie. I have known Christians who are very strict, and in rebellion, their daughters go wild and get pregnant at young ages. You cannot call the parent of a child who get pregnant a hypocrite because it goes against their beliefs. What do you want them to do? Kick the kid out on her butt?

Robtard
That does not matter. Her beliefs cannot extent to her daughter. For all we know her daughter could be free sex hippie. I have known Christians who are very strict, and in rebellion, their daughters go wild and get pregnant at young ages. You cannot call the parent of a child who get pregnant a hypocrite because it goes against their beliefs. What do you want them to do? Kick the kid out on her butt?

FFS, the strawman continues. I said it was funny.

Edit:

For the third time:

Shakyamunison
FFS, the straw-man continues. When in the **** did I call her a hypocrite? I said it was funny.

For the third time:

Sure you didn't use the word "hypocrite", and if you had not intended to insinuate that she was a hypocrite, then what did you find so funny?

Now who has the straw-man?

Robtard
Sure you didn't use the word "hypocrite", and if you had not intended to insinuate that she was a hypocrite, then what did you find so funny?

Now who has the straw-man?

That an "abstinence only" supporter has an unwed pregnant teen daughter, that's funny. Because obviously, "abstinence only" education failed, while sex-ed and a condom would have prevented the unwed teen pregnancy.

That would be you, you're claiming I said something that I clearly didn't and then attacking that. That is classic strawman.

Shakyamunison
That an "abstinence only" supporter has an unwed pregnant teen daughter, that's funny. Because obviously, "abstinence only" education failed, while sex-ed and a condom would have prevented the unwed teen pregnancy.

That would be you, you're claiming I said something that I clearly didn't and then attacking that. That is classic strawman.

I don't find that to be funny unless the person you are talking about is a hypocrite. I find that to be tragic. So, you claim that there was no hint of "hypocrite" in that "funny"?

I don't believe you... enough said.

Robtard
I don't find that to be funny unless the person you are talking about is a hypocrite. I find that to be tragic. So, you claim that there was no hint of "hypocrite" in that "funny"?

I don't believe you... enough said.

You don't have, humor is subjective. No, hypocrisy would be if she publicly put on a show for "abstinence only" education and then secretly gave her daughter condoms, lube and hooked her up with dates. That would be hypocrisy; I happen to know what it is.

So that's it? You use a straw-man, when it fails, you claim I'm a liar? Good show, Shaky, very mature of you.

Shakyamunison
You don't have, humor is subjective. No, hypocrisy would be if she publicly put on a show for "abstinence only" education and then secretly gave her daughter condoms, lube and hooked her up with dates. That would be hypocrisy; I happen to know what it is.

So that's it? You use a straw-man, when it fails, you claim I'm a liar? Good show, Shaky, very mature of you.

I never thought you were a liar, just delusional. wink

lord xyz

You're right though, kids will be kids, so this just further solidifies that sex education and making condoms available is probably a good idea. Because if she was going to rebel and spread her legs in the snow even under the care of a mother like Palin, a condom would have both protected her from STDs and probably prevented the pregnancy. None of the Republicans can keep their own house in order. Like I said, Bush senior was thoroughly against using drugs, yet his own son used those drugs.

Shakyamunison
None of the Republicans can keep their own house in order. Like I said, Bush senior was thoroughly against using drugs, yet his own son used those drugs.

Democrats cannot keep their house in order ether. Children grow up and rebel. That is natural.

WrathfulDwarf
This is why I stay away from these discussions. There is always one of these ready to pop out and nitpick.

In what ways?

One way would be that this will revive that bad blood left from the Obama/Clinton between two groups. Black voters and feminists. It kept the democratic party divided for a period of time. That favors the Republican party. We already seen the liberal minions targeting Paulin...this will just feed the fire. Mark my words. I'll keep watching this circus from the stands.

lord xyz
Democrats cannot keep their house in order ether. Children grow up and rebel. That is natural. The Democrats don't chant and masturbate to family values, that's the difference.

Shakyamunison
The Democrats don't chant and masturbate to family values, that's the difference.

How is that?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09MGchH3ZC1DB/610x.jpg

Robtard
This is why I stay away from these discussions. There is always one of these ready to pop out and nitpick.

One way would be that this will revive that bad blood left from the Obama/Clinton between two groups. Black voters and feminists. It kept the democratic party divided for a period of time. That favors the Republican party. We already seen the liberal minions targeting Paulin...this will just feed the fire. Mark my words. I'll keep watching this circus from the stands.

It's rather assholish of you to post something that is the topic and debatable and then classify someone asking questions about it as "nitpicking". It's simple, if you either don't want to discuss the topic or are unable to, do not post in a debate board, go post something here.

How will Palin keep the Democrat "Black and feminists" voters divided? Being "targeted" is a known occurrence for a political nominee, anyone who McCain picked would have come under scrutiny, just as Biden has when Obama nominated him.

lord xyz
How is that?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09MGchH3ZC1DB/610x.jpg Edwards chanted on about family values/sanctity of marriage?

Shakyamunison
Edwards chanted on about family values/sanctity of marriage?

Yes, during the 2004 election and when it came out about his wife having cancer. Scumbags are common in both parties.

Adam_PoE
Apparently, conceiving a child outside of marriage runs in the family; Sarah Palin was married for just over seven months when her first child was born.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Apparently, conceiving a child outside of marriage runs in the family; Sarah Palin was married for just over seven months when her first child was born.

So, look at Obama's family. It is nothing unusual.

Grand-Moff-Gav
The Democrats don't chant and masturbate to family values, that's the difference.

Why is doing that a problem?

Robtard
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Why is doing that a problem?

I believe he's referring to the ones that do so; then get caught with their cock up the pool boy.

Grand-Moff-Gav
I believe he's referring to the ones that do so; then get caught with their cock up the pool boy.

Indeed, but he is tarnishing all republicans with that brush...

Robtard
Indeed, but he is tarnishing all republicans with that brush...

Yeah, that would be stupid.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Yeah, that would be stupid.

Indeed...atleast one of them has to be OK...and not a hypocrite.

lord xyz
Yes, during the 2004 election and when it came out about his wife having cancer. Scumbags are common in both parties. In recent times, the Republicans have more scumbags.

Indeed, but he is tarnishing all republicans with that brush... Am not.

None of the Republicans can keep their own house in order. Like I said, Bush senior was thoroughly against using drugs, yet his own son used those drugs. This, although misleading, is an exaggeration of the hypocrisy of the Republican party and it's stupid idea of "family values" and other policies restricting personal freedom.

Darth Jello
I could be wrong about this, but isn't sarah palin the first vice presidential candidate from a major party to run while having impeachment proceding carried out against her?

dadudemon
In recent times, the Republicans have more scumbags.

This, although misleading, is an exaggeration of the hypocrisy of the Republican party and it's stupid idea of "family values" and other policies restricting personal freedom.

Get off your stupid democratic high horse....or do you only use cigars for smoking?

xmarksthespot
Children of politicians of both sides are generally rich, well connected and not horribly deformed. Sex, drugs and booze should be no surprise to anyone.

Edwards has always seemed like a sleaze and a narcissist to me...

Does anyone think Republicans would be saying things like "these things happen." if Chelsea Clinton had gotten knocked up? Or conversely that Democrats would be saying things like "if she can't handle her children..."

Robtard
Rhetorical question, I know, but the Right would have said that Bill's philanderers ways was the reason why Chelsea rebelled and got pregnant and then used that as a platform to preach "family values", "abstinence only" and "Liberals are ruining America".

chillmeistergen

You don't have a clue what you're on about, do you?

chithappens
Children of politicians of both sides are generally rich, well connected and not horribly deformed. Sex, drugs and booze should be no surprise to anyone.

Does anyone think Republicans would be saying things like "these things happen." if Chelsea Clinton had gotten knocked up? Or conversely that Democrats would be saying things like "if she can't handle her children..."

What have Democrats said about the pregnancy?

SelinaAndBruce
I think the more people try to take Sarah Palin down the more the Republicans are gonna rally behind her. I mean I saw a segment where they were beating her up for having just gotten a US Passport. Come on now...that's not a scandal. They're reaching on some of this stuff

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by chithappens
What have Democrats said about the pregnancy? There've been miscellaneous commentators/op-eds I've seen/read alluding to the "If she can't handle her daughter..." type comments. Not specific campaign staff or anything though.

Robtard
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I think the more people try to take Sarah Palin down the more the Republicans are gonna rally behind her. I mean I saw a segment where they were beating her up for having just gotten a US Passport. Come on now...that's not a scandal. They're reaching on some of this stuff

The New York Times mentioned that she just got her passport in 2007, i.e. the "experienced candidate" hasn't really travelled that much. I don't think the Democratic party is running this issue as some scandal.

Blinky
Originally posted by dadudemon
Get off your stupid democratic high horse....or do you only use cigars for smoking?

Democrats love screaming "Hypocrisy!", it makes them feel toasty inside.

SelinaAndBruce
The New York Times mentioned that she just got her passport in 2007, i.e. the "experienced candidate" hasn't really travelled that much. I don't think the Democratic party is running this issue as some scandal.
I didn't say it was the Democrats, I was referring to the media. Unless you're saying they're the same thing, lol

lord xyz

Does anyone think Republicans would be saying things like "these things happen." if Chelsea Clinton had gotten knocked up? Or conversely that Democrats would be saying things like "if she can't handle her children..." Clinton had sex with Lewinsky:

Republicans: OMG, sex = nono
Democrats: It doesn't make him a bad president

Gay Republican has sex in bathroom

Democrats: Why aren't you condemning that.
Republican: Doesn't make him a bad senator, yeah, his party is against those kind of things, and he probably is against gay marriage and adultery too, but it's not as bad as clinton cos he's a Democrat president.

Robtard
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I didn't say it was the Democrats, I was referring to the media. Unless you're saying they're the same thing, lol

I took it you were referring to the political parties; if you read my post, I was specifically separating the media from the (Dem) political parties.

Robtard
Clinton had sex with Lewinsky:

Republican: Doesn't make him a bad senator, yeah, his party is against those kind of things, and he probably is against gay marriage and adultery too, but it's not as bad as clinton cos he's a Democrat president.

As far as Clinton, he was impeached for lying and trying to manipulate the law, not for (just) getting a blowjob.

Shakyamunison
I took it you were referring to the political parties; if you read my post, I was specifically separating the media from the (Dem) political parties.

"separating the media from the (Dem) political parties" That must really hurt. laughing

SelinaAndBruce
Clinton had sex with Lewinsky:

Basically, both sides say what's convenient for them at the time

Robtard
"separating the media from the (Dem) political parties" That must really hurt. laughing

Let me guess, the media works for the Democrats?

Shakyamunison
Let me guess, the media works for the Democrates?

Works? No. They are not getting payed by the Democratic party. However, that is a great deal for the Democratic party. They get great support from places like MSNBC without spending a dime.

Robtard
Works? No. They are not getting payed by the Democratic party. However, that is a great deal for the Democratic party. They get great support from places like MSNBC without spending a dime.

Both sides have certain media outlets that cater to them.

Shakyamunison
Both sides have media outlets that cater to them.

And that should be against the law, IMO.

Robtard
And that should be against the law, IMO.

They're private companies. Besides, you can always switch the channel or not pickup the newspaper/magazine.

Shakyamunison
They're private companies. Besides, you can always switch the channel or not pickup the newspaper/magazine.

But when they lie, I think they should be punished.

Robtard
But when they lie, I think they should be punished.

If they get caught, they generally are. Opposing news agencies expose them for their own profits and the "liars" lose face/credibility.

SelinaAndBruce
Both sides have certain media outlets that cater to them.
Yeah I agree. I'm a Democrat but Keith Olbermann makes my SKIN crawl. I think he wants to have sex with Barack Obama confused. They media is out of control.

Adam_PoE
So, look at Obama's family. It is nothing unusual.

Barak Obama is not an advocate of abstinence-until-marriage sexual education. Sarah Palin did not abstain from sex until marriage, nor did her daughter, but she expects the rest of America to.

Bardock42
I like Keith Olbermann. He's funny

Shakyamunison
Barak Obama is not an advocate of abstinence-until-marriage sexual education. Sarah Palin did not abstain from sex until marriage, nor did her daughter, but she expects the rest of America to.

Just because someone has a belief does not mean that their family will follow it. Also, just because someones child does not follow their parents belief does not mean their parents are hypocritical.

Bardock42
Just because someone has a belief does not mean that their family will follow it. Also, just because someones child does not follow their parents belief does not mean their parents are hypocritical. Yeah, but if someone says one thing and does another, that's hypocritical

Robtard
In Palin's defense, I'm not aware of her trying to enforce abstinence on others, besides her own family, which was an obvious failure.

There was a story I read, in which she (supposedly) was cited in supporting sex-ed being taught along side abstinence.

I'm certain if she indeed was/is an "abstinence only" supporter for the U.S. school system, it will come out and she'll be the hypocrite.

Shakyamunison
In Palin's defense, I'm not aware of her trying to enforce abstinence on others, besides her own family, which was an obvious failure.

There was a story I read, in which she (supposedly) was cited in supporting sex-ed being taught along side abstinence.

I'm certain if she indeed was/is an "abstinence only" supporter for the U.S. school system, it will come out and she'll be the hypocrite.

How does what her child has done make her a hypocrite? Answer: it does not.

Adam_PoE

Her being two months pregnant when she eloped makes her a hypocrite.

Bardock42
How does what her child has done make her a hypocrite? Answer: it does not. If she herself had sex before marriage that woul make her a hypocrite.

Shakyamunison
Her being two months pregnant when she eloped makes her a hypocrite.

edit

Robtard

Didn't we already cover this yesterday. I said I found her having a pregnant unwed teen daughter to be humorous, not hypocritical.

On the other hand, as AdamPOE & Bardock42 pointed out, it seems Palin was indeed spreading her legs before marriage, which is both funny and hypocritical.

Shakyamunison
Didn't we already cover this yesterday. I said I found her having a pregnant unwed teen daughter to be humorous, not hypocritical.

On the other hand, as AdamPOE & Bardock42 pointed out, it seems she was indeed spreading her legs before marriage herself, which is both funny and hypocritical.

I have not heard any of that, and that could be hypocritical.

Robtard
I have not heard any of that, and that could be hypocritical.

Apparently she was 2-3 months pregnant when she said "I do" to that moose trapper.

Shakyamunison
Apparently she was 2-3 months pregnant when she said "I do" to that moose trapper.

And apparently her daughter is the one who gave birth to her handicapped child. Now we know that was a lie, so how do you know that this story is not also a lie?

Bardock42
And apparently her daughter is the one who gave birth to her handicapped child. Now we know that was a lie, so how do you know that this story is not also a lie?

It might be wrong. It seems pretty sure that she was less than 8 months pregnant ( at least less than 8 months, if we can assume that her husband impregnated her the second the minister said "...kiss the bride"wink. There's a pretty good chance they ****ed before they got married.

Robtard

I don't for certain, but there are records of when she was married and she she gave birth. So unless her first child was born several months premature (records of that should exist too), she was taking in cock(s) before marriage.

SelinaAndBruce
If she herself had sex before marriage that woul make her a hypocrite.
All Christians are hypocrites. They all believe in those rules but no one can follow all of them. So I find that argument stupid.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>