Mercenaries 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The j0keR
Anyone pick this up yet? I been thinking about getting it.

Darkstorm Zero
Not released till september here, but when it does come out, I'm definitely getting it, I thoroughly enjoyed Mercenaries 1 POD

Nemesis X
Isn't there already a Mercenaries 2 thread?

Dark-Jaxx
One thing I have to say: The song on the commercial is awesome and makes me want it more.

The j0keR
I love the dollar bill visuals of the commercial.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Isn't there already a Mercenaries 2 thread?

I searched, unless someone misspelled it.

Thunder Fox
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Not released till september here, but when it does come out, I'm definitely getting it, I thoroughly enjoyed Mercenaries 1 POD i screwed my friends game up in like an hour

ragesRemorse
The first one had solid gameplay and a lot of good idea's. I'm definitely looking forward to playing this one.

xNIXSONx
IGN gave this game a 7.9, like its a good game, but its not very polished, like some minor bugs

Sol Valentine
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
One thing I have to say: The song on the commercial is awesome and makes me want it more.

Dark-Jaxx
I'm listening to the full song right now. haermm

kCvIw7DMHXc

Oh yeah Sol I got vids and songs on my com workin again.

Sol Valentine
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I'm listening to the full song right now. haermm

kCvIw7DMHXc

Oh yeah Sol I got vids and songs on my com workin again.

God I love song.

Good.

ESB -1138
I love that song played during the commerical; "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!"

<-@ST->
I love that the reason they are after revenge is the guy getting shot in the ass. laughing

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I love that song played during the commerical; "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!" Hell yeah, just posted the whole song lol.

Nemesis X
Two funny things I have seen in the game so far:

1: Dude takes revenge because he got shot in the ass.

2: In this one mission you're supposed to get this vehicle called "the Devestator". He thought it was this huge tank but the real vehicle was actually next to the tank and it was a little pink scooter. He said "you got to be kidding me" and your lady friend laughs.

Dark-Jaxx
Really? haermm

Nemesis X
Dark-Jaxx are you tryin to say that mission wasn't funny? I thought it was.

<-@ST->
Who are you playing as?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Dark-Jaxx are you tryin to say that mission wasn't funny? I thought it was. No I was asking if that really happened, I don;t own the game yet.

Nemesis X
Well that mission really did happen and to answer &lt;@ST&gt;'s question, I was playing as the dude with the mohawk (forgot his name).

<-@ST->
I just started, one thing I have to hate on, I think on nextgen systems people really need to stop using prerendered cutscenes. erm

Nemesis X
How do I get the nuke weapon? I've been playing this game for a while and I still can't find it.

Menetnashté
Rented this game, it's meh...I remembered the 1st one being a lot better. Maybe because you were in the middle of a war zone and the introduction was sick nasty. Graphics in this one suck and I'm in Venezuela...wtf? Shooting is pretty crappy imo, and the layout of the land itself looks like crap, I mean just walking around I've seen a lot of crappy looking landscape. The water looks like crap for it. Characters for the most part look like crap. I haven't played much of it yet, but what I have played of it hasn't impressed me.

@stroFan
The good stuff really wears off fast. I was having fun at first, but I already took it back to the video store early.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by @stroFan
The good stuff really wears off fast. I was having fun at first, but I already took it back to the video store early.
Can't say I'm surprised...

Nemesis X
I found the nuke and it's called a Nuclear Bunker Buster and you have to see what the explosion looks like when you drop it on an oil rig.

Kazenji

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Kazenji
Do you like any other Sandbox games or was it just this a bit meh for you ?
I like sandbox games. I liked all the GTA games I played, Ultimate Spider-man, spider-man 2 and the 1st mercenaries game. This one just doesn't appeal to me. I was much more interested in the war torn battlefield in Mercenaries 1.

@stroFan
Interesting article for anyone interested in the PS2 version of the game....

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/mercenaries-2-on-ps2-how-bad-is-it/a-2008090514490596020

RocasAtoll
Pretty good game. Getting kinda easy though.

Burning thought
Been looking at all the bad reviews and people hating on this title but i cant help but like the idea of having my own base and the ability to use tanks, attack choppers and call in mass destruction while gaining oil and resources like that across a large world.

Is it really just a nice "sounding" game thats actually horrific or perhaps its "good" with glitches but not as bad as people make it sound.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.