Depa vs. Jaina

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jbill311
Jaina Solo vs. Depa

Jaina seems like the closest NJO combatant to Depa's skills with a blade.

1. Saber
2. Force
3. All out

Enyalus
1. Sabers - Depa, 7/10.
2. Force - Jaina, 7/10.
3. All-Out - Jaina, 6/10.

Faunus
I'd say Depa takes the duel and perhaps the all-out, really, unless someone can provide with an instance where Jaina demonstrated swordsmanship superior to that of Mace Windu.

tulakhordpwns
I'd say Jaina takes the all-out, really, unless someone can provide with an instance where Depa demonstrated swordsmanship superior to that of Mace Windu.

Jbill311
Depa's saber skills surpassed those of Mace Windu on Nar Shadaa (mentioned in Shatterpoint). She was a Jedi Master, and she was empowered by the Dark Side. Jaina might have a chance all out, b/c of her Mandalore training (and being the 'sword of the jedi') but Depa takes saber only and force only combat.

Faunus
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
I'd say Jaina takes the all-out, really, unless someone can provide with an instance where Depa demonstrated swordsmanship superior to that of Mace Windu. Shatterpoint, smartass. Mace notes that he was proud, in TPM times, to see Depa demonstrate bladework that surpassed his own.

tulakhordpwns
Originally posted by Jbill311
Jaina might have a chance all out, b/c of her Mandalore training (and being the 'sword of the jedi') but Depa takes saber only and force only combat.
What does that silly title have to do with this fight? And why do you think Depa wins in force only?

Originally posted by Faunus
Shatterpoint, smartass. Mace notes that he was proud, in TPM times, to see Depa demonstrate bladework that surpassed his own.
Mace might think that Depa was better in TPM times. In Shatterpoint, Mace shows that he can out duel her then, while heavily injured.

I don't have any problem with Depa>Jaina in sabers. I just think you are exaggerating how good Depa is.

Faunus
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
Mace might think that Depa was better in TPM times. In Shatterpoint, Mace shows that he can out duel her then, while heavily injured.Except Mace didn't out duel her. She stabbed him, slashed him across the chest, pushed him back because he'd lost the will to fight, and then tried to kill herself.

I never said Depa could defeat Mace, I said she was a better duelist. Which, by Mace's own volition, she is.

tulakhordpwns
Originally posted by Faunus
Except Mace didn't out duel her. She stabbed him, slashed him across the chest, pushed him back because he'd lost the will to fight, and then tried to kill herself.
I think you are misunderstanding me. While mace may not have gotten a bunch of hits on Depa, he demonstrated more saber fighting abilities than her when you factor in all the injuries and circumstances.

I never said you said that.

NonSensi-Klown
Way to not see the circumstances in Depa's case either. She admitted that she was basically exhausted, having been fighting the war for months, and her psyche was screwed. She was mentally and physically exhausted.

tulakhordpwns
But Mace's problems were greater.

NonSensi-Klown
erm

Faunus
Mace's "problems" weren't even close. What he'd experienced for a few weeks, Depa had been through for months. The physical effects were catastrophic, to make no mention of the fact that she completely lost her mind.

Sorry, she had it worse.

tulakhordpwns
Really? Were Depa's guts dripping out of a hole in her stomach? Had Depa just been beaten unconscious by Kar Vastor? Was Depa too afraid to use Vaapad? Was Depa facing someone who grew stronger due to the bonds between Vastor and his akk guards? Was Depa refusing to go on the offensive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.