Which is your favorite Adam Sandler movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ravishingshloka
Hey guys....

out of all the Adam sandler movies u saw...which is your favorite??

DeVi| D0do
Elitist film geek answer: Punch Drunk Love.

Real answer: The Wedding Singer.

MildPossession
Punch Drunk Love, not a fan of the guy, but did like this film. Little Nicky was okay. Nothing really stands out from him.

KK the Great
Adam Sandler was in Punch Drunk Love.

Punch Drunk Love was not "an Adam Sandler movie."

My favorite Adam Sandler movie remains Billy Madison.

Dark-Jaxx
Billy Madison and Anger Management.

Though I gotta give Happy Gilmore major props for the Bob Barker fight.

Myth
Waterboy (closely followed by Happy Gilmore)

Favorite movie of his in the last 8 years or so: Rain Over Me (I haven't liked any of his comedies of recent).

Dark-Jaxx
Actually, I change my choice to Eight Crazy Nights. no expression

moviebuff1084
50 First Dates & Reign Over Me

BruceSkywalker
Waterboy, Happy Gilmore

Quiero Mota
The Wedding Singer and 50 First Dates. I think Sandler and Barrymore are a great male/female comedy duo.

Impediment
Waterboy and Billy Madison tie for me.

Kathy Bates was hilarious in her role as Momma, and Billy Madison is just so......twisted that's it's f*cking genius.

"O'Doyle rules!!"

MildPossession
I don't care, he was still in it...

BackFire
I like his older movies.

Billy Madison and Happy Gilmour

Icy Ninja
8 Crazy Nights

ragesRemorse
Happy gilmore and the Wedding Singer

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by BackFire
I like his older movies.

ravishingshloka
hey devil dodo...
wedding singer is a amazing movie...
are u excited about "you don't mess with Zohan".....i can't wait to watch tht movie...

DeVi| D0do
Zohan is pure crap.

ravishingshloka
@ devil dodo,

wedding singer is a amazing movie...
are u excited about "you don't mess with Zohan".....i can't wait to watch tht movie...

@ mildpossession,

yeah...but i liked those movies....i like all adam sandler movies...can't wait to watch "you don't mess with Zohan"

@ KK the great

Punch drunk love was an adam sandler movie....

@ Dark- Jaxx

yeah those movies were amazing.....i think "you don't mess with Zohan" will be amazing...

@ moviebuff

Anger management was amazing dude \,,/

@ bruceskywalker.

Waterboy was quite a good movie...but i m looking forward to watch adam sandller in an action film

@ Quiero Mota

yes absolutely....they are the perfect comedy duo....

@ Impediment
Waterboy was a amazing movie....big grin

@ backfire
yeah even i liked those movies....

@ icy ninja
hey i haven't seen 8 crazy nights but i m really looking forward for his upcoming movie "you don't mess with Zohan"

@ ragesRemorse
wedding singer was a amazing movie...

Mairuzu
Billy madison & Big daddy

KK the Great
Originally posted by ravishingshloka

@ KK the great

Punch drunk love was an adam sandler movie....

No.

Punch Drunk Love is a Paul Thomas Anderson movie starring Adam Sandler.

Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, etc, etc, etc. Those are Adam Sandler movies.

MildPossession
It doesn't matter.

Toku King
Longest Yard.

moviebuff1084
Originally posted by KK the Great
No.

Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, etc, etc, etc. Those are Adam Sandler movies.

Any movie with Adam Sandler in it is an Adam Sandler movie. Paul Thomas Anderson was the Director of Punch Drunk Love and the star was Adam Sandler so it's an Adam Sandler movie as well as a Paul Thomas Anderson movie.

Spartan005
The longest yard (haven't seen the original so please don't bash me for that) Big Daddy and Happy gilmore.

I have to see Billy Madison again, I barely remember it

KK the Great
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
Any movie with Adam Sandler in it is an Adam Sandler movie.

No.

moviebuff1084
No.

You just say no you don't say how it's a no so how? What is the difference between a Adam Sandler movie and a movie with Adam Sandler in it.

Selphie
Originally posted by BackFire
I like his older movies.

Agreed.

KK the Great
You just say no you don't say how it's a no so how?

"An Adam Sandler movie" has a very specific connotation, and simply casting Adam Sandler in a movie isn't enough to make it "an Adam Sandler movie."

Adam Sandler movies are Happy Madison Productions (or were made before that prodco was formed). They play to a particular audience and use a particular brand of humor. The movie is crafted from the ground up as an Adam Sandler vehicle. They're often written and/or produced by Tim Herlihy and Adam Sandler. The director is a gun for hire who has no notable voice. You could never look at, say, a movie directed by Frank Coraci and tell that you're watching a Frank Coraci movie. Because ultimately, when Frank Coraci directs The Waterboy, he's not directing a Frank Coraci movie. He's directing an Adam Sandler movie.

Punch-Drunk Love is decidedly a Paul Thomas Anderson movie--not an Adam Sandler movie.

moviebuff1084
"An Adam Sandler movie" has a very specific connotation, and simply casting Adam Sandler in a movie isn't enough to make it "an Adam Sandler movie."

Adam Sandler movies are Happy Madison Productions (or were made before that prodco was formed). They play to a particular audience and use a particular brand of humor. The movie is crafted from the ground up as an Adam Sandler vehicle. They're often written and/or produced by Tim Herlihy and Adam Sandler. The director is a gun for hire who has no notable voice. You could never look at, say, a movie directed by Frank Coraci and tell that you're watching a Frank Coraci movie. Because ultimately, when Frank Coraci directs The Waterboy, he's not directing a Frank Coraci movie. He's directing an Adam Sandler movie.

Punch-Drunk Love is decidedly a Paul Thomas Anderson movie--not an Adam Sandler movie.

Ok when someone is the star of a movie its officially considered that persons movie. Now if your talking about Adam Sandler comedies that's one thing but take Kevin Smith for example Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jersey Girl are movies Kevin Smith wrote and directed but are considered Ben Affleck movies as well as Kevin Smith movies. Plus when your talking about your favorite Adam Sandler movie then you can say any movie you want as long as he plays in it. But anyway you have your weird opinion. But back on topic Punch Drunk Love was a great ADAM SANDLER MOVIE!!!

KK the Great
Ok when someone is the star of a movie its officially considered that persons movie.

No.

Please don't make me explain this to you as I would to a child.

SnakeEyes
Billy Madison was/is/probably will continue to be my favorite Adam Sandler movie.

moviebuff1084
No.

Please don't make me explain this to you as I would to a child.

Someone has daddy issues.

SpaceMonkey
Top 5:

1. Big Daddy
2. Billy Madison
3. Wedding Singer
4. Happy Gilmore
5. Waterboy

RevoWution™©®
1. Click
2. 50 First Dates
3. Chuck and Larry
4. Waterboy
5. Happy Gilmore

Bardock42
No.

Poor Sandler, can he only make movies his own where he plays a dumbass?

leonheartmm
happy gilmore
water boy
wedding singer
big daddy
little nicky

on the other end of the spectrum, his worst movie ever and a strong contendor for the WORST movie of all time{kinda there witht he pink famingos etc in my book} is easily the DONT MESS WITH THE ZOHAN. its worth less than SHIT, literally.

Resplendent
I'd say Happy Gilmore is at the top of the list for me. Haven't seen that Punch Drunk Love, but I'm sure it's gotta be good.

Menetnashté
Billy Madison or Reign over me.

Biff Tannen
Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore. I don't really like much of his stuff after those.

Ladyluck
Waterboy.

It was the first Adam Sandler movie I've ever seen and I probably watched it about a hundred times.

The Heap
Little Nicky. Awesome movie.

"Time for the shovel"

"BRING IT OWWN!"

*BONG!* *flask flips as their fighting in it*

SpaceMonkey

moviebuff1084
Click was great.

GlobalTechDept
Waterboy

vlad1999
50 first Dates and Spanglish

Myth

SaSsYlEz
Big Daddy & Little Nicky

jadeily
Happy Gilmore.

Darth Exodus
Adam Sandler sucks Balls. He is an afront to comedy.

Happy gilmore.

moviebuff1084
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FAIL!!!

chillmeistergen
Punch Drunk Love.

Wolfie
Going Overboard.

Just kidding. Happy Gilmore with Billy Madison a close second.

filmart
Waterboy all the way!

andanotherthing
Billy Madison. You have to try to remember that there was a time when Sandler's voices and bits hadn't been run into the ground yet. It was around 1995.

Discos
between Billy Madison and Waterboy.

His new roles are too much... sleazy or too quiet. For instance in Mr Deeds he was a bit of a wuss, and in Chuck and Larry he was a sex deviant.

I prefer his anger-fuelled roles from earlier films, Happy Gilmore, Madison, Wedding Singer,

Chewy07
Happy Gilmore

goodluck
the wedding singer

goodluck
Originally posted by Chewy07
Happy Gilmore

I've seen that probably 100 times eek!

ChokeOnEm
Happy Gilmore...proved there could be another funny movie about golf other that "Caddyshack"

jinXed by JaNx
punch drunk and wedding singer.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Waterboy, Happy Gilmore

Along w/these Click, The Wedding Singer as well

botankus
1. Gilmore
2. Madison
3. Water
4. Zohan
5. Click

chloeclover
billy madison is one of my favorite movies of all time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.