Machines VS DC Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aster Phoenix
A group of machines from Marvel and DC decide to launch a full out attack on DC earth. Only characters that are almost always based on earth are allowed.

Machines:
Cyborg Superman
Female Ultron
Phalanx Cameroon Hodge
Nimrod
Tri-Sentinel
Super-Adaptiod

Can DC earth survive?

george '06
ya, ya they can

tsscls
yes, easily.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
A group of machines from Marvel and DC decide to launch a full out attack on DC earth. Only characters that are almost always based on earth are allowed.

Machines:
Cyborg Superman
Female Ultron
Phalanx Cameroon Hodge
Nimrod
Tri-Sentinel
Super-Adaptiod

Can DC earth survive?

No, DC earth cannot. Phalanx Cameron hodge is the reason why.

The Phalanx were composed of an EXTREMELY virulent strain of the transmode virus that could and did infect anything and everything and transform them into phalanx.

The only exception were 616 mutants, which the phalanx couldn't absorb due to some kind of genetic incompatibility. DC's superhumans don't have X factors- there's no guarantee they won't be infected. Normal humans are fair game too- set him loose in metropolis or gotham and that's easily a million or more phalanx shapeshifters to deal with.

Phalanx could also analyze and immunize themselves to metahuman powers given time- eliminate one or two members of the collective, and the rest could/would pop up with an immunity. They can also power-mimic.

DC earth is ill-equipped to deal with a phalanx infestation.

Juk3n
Wally West solos

Speed force >>>ALL

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Juk3n
Wally West solos

Speed force >>>ALL

unless he ends up infected by a phalanx speedster, or the super-adaptoid mimics his power set.

The adaptoid managed to replicate a full cube being, so copying wally's powers is definitely possible.

Galan007
we've seen a single power copier pretty much wipe the floor with pert-near every member of the JLA, when written well. in super adaptoid, we would have basically the same case, imo. then tack on cyborg superman, ultron, nimrod, etc. to the list, and i could see them having a small shot at overcoming DC earth. granted, they'd more than likely lose in the end, but it could be a good battle. *shrug*

comicfan11
Couldn't the earth ellementals prove to be problematic?
Especially Swamp Thing?
How about all the magic heavies like Etrigan, Zatanna, Fate and Shazam?
Can't Firestorm transmutate the Phalanx?
Spectre?
Phantom Stranger?

I don't really know about Phalanx Cameroon Hodge that's why I'm asking.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by comicfan11
Couldn't the earth ellementals prove to be problematic?
Especially Swamp Thing?
How about all the magic heavies like Etrigan, Zatanna, Fate and Shazam?
Can't Firestorm transmutate the Phalanx?
Spectre?
Phantom Stranger?

I don't really know about Phalanx Cameroon Hodge that's why I'm asking.

Magic is a big question mark re: the phalanx. I'm not sure how well it would work, TBH.

As for transmuting the phalanx, it would likely work on more than a few, but they have the ability to immunize themselves to metahuman powers. It's highly possible that firestorm's abilities would simply cease to work on them directly after the first few dozen or so. It depends on how many and how fast the infection spreads.

The phantom stranger hasn't shown any abilities that would allow him to slow down or stop a full out phalanx infestation, especially if earth's metahuman population is absorbed into the collective.

The spectre is powerful, but has more than a few low showings. He might be able to do it, depending on how many there are.

a full out phalanx infestation is serious business. A phalanx strain managed to do serious damage to the shiar empire, and they're far larger and far more advanced than DC earth. Add in Cyborg Superman (who would be able to possess literally the entire planet, since the phalanx can transmute all organic matter into techno-organic matter) and the adaptoid, and DC earth is in bad shape here.

tsscls
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Magic is a big question mark re: the phalanx. I'm not sure how well it would work, TBH.

As for transmuting the phalanx, it would likely work on more than a few, but they have the ability to immunize themselves to metahuman powers. It's highly possible that firestorm's abilities would simply cease to work on them directly after the first few dozen or so. It depends on how many and how fast the infection spreads.

The phantom stranger hasn't shown any abilities that would allow him to slow down or stop a full out phalanx infestation, especially if earth's metahuman population is absorbed into the collective.

The spectre is powerful, but has more than a few low showings. He might be able to do it, depending on how many there are.

a full out phalanx infestation is serious business. A phalanx strain managed to do serious damage to the shiar empire, and they're far larger and far more advanced than DC earth. Add in Cyborg Superman (who would be able to possess literally the entire planet, since the phalanx can transmute all organic matter into techno-organic matter) and the adaptoid, and DC earth is in bad shape here. \

What low showing of the Spectre leads you to believe he couldn't handle any of the threats presented in this scenario?

Aster Phoenix
Depends on if the host body can be assimilated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.