ThunderGod Cid Orlandeu vs Auron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
The Commander of the Southern Sky Knights. Possesing the Sword Saint skill which delivers masterful slashes that annihilate enemies.

The famed guardian of Lord Braska. A legendary warrior who is unsent and fought alongside Jecht.

The 2 seasoned veterans fight in Dollet(FFVIII)

Discuss.

I'm rooting for this guy
http://www.intoliquidsky.net/graphics/fftactics/orlandu.jpg

Dark-Jaxx
Well Orlandu is naturally equipped with Excalibur, which casts a permanent haste on him.

He also has extremely powerful attacks which can not only affect a wide area, but they can destroy Auron's weapons or equipment.

Orlandu is generally considered one of the top characters in the game, up there with Zalbane, and Ramza's dad.

But he however doesn't have any real cutscene feats due to the nature of FFT.

I still say Cid wins though.

Zack Fair
I agree.

It is a shame that we didn't get the chance to witness TG Cid's phenomenal sword skills on CGi movies. I was looking forward to something like that in FFT: War of the Lions for PSP, but it did not happen.

However even without any real feats to grasp I believe given his position, the respect and the fact that he is broken as hell in the game I give it to him as well.

Not taking anything away from Auron since he is one of my favorite characters(IMO Auron is FF's Solid Snake) but Orlandeu's Sword Saint(Holy Swordsman in the original game) skill, his speed and overall stats make him triumphant.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, he was truly uber.

He was considered to be, along with Zalbane, the only warrior who could equal Ramza's father.

He was indeed broken, the only way to have a more broken character is to customize your Ramza just right.

Vampire Savior
Thank God for Cid Orlandeu! That game was a total struggle until he joined me, that guy is ubber.

Dark-Jaxx
My Ramza was better. 131

Vampire Savior
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
My Ramza was better. 131 Is yur Ramza a Dark Knight?

Dark-Jaxx
No.

To uberfy Ramza, become a Monk with Guts as your secondary skill.

Use the Ninja Skill Two Swords, and the Time Mage skill Teleport.

Learn Ultima at some point in the game.

Ramza will be able to travel anywhere on the map unhindered, and ever physical attack will do at least 700 damage.

The only drawback is low health.

Vampire Savior
No.

To uberfy Ramza, become a Monk with Guts as your secondary skill.

Use the Ninja Skill Two Swords, and the Time Mage skill Teleport.

Learn Ultima at some point in the game.

Ramza will be able to travel anywhere on the map unhindered, and ever physical attack will do at least 700 damage.

The only drawback is low health. "Guts" what is that?

And so I take it that bare fists wit "Brawler" is better than havin a sword?

And they never use Ultima on me, they only do it to that weak ass Luso dude.

Dark-Jaxx
Guts is the skill Ramza gets as a Squire.

Vampire Savior
Guts is the skill Ramza gets as a Squire. WHAT?! WHEN?!

The last thing I got was "Shout".

Dark-Jaxx
...Dude, it is the name of the Squire skills for Ramza. no expression

Zack Fair
Monk Ramza is good because of his shout which increases his bravery and attack.

Still I have a Dark knight Ramza with Iadlo(Samurai skills) and he is almost as broken as Orlandeau. With the Vehemerence DK skill Ramza's attack is doubled(Pretty much killing everything in 1 blow) while his defense is halved, but it matters not because I have him with Dragonheart which means he will reraise every time he gets KO'ed and since he has the Sanguine sword skill which drains and awful lot of HP it will be hard as hell to KO him in the first place.

Dark-Jaxx
Wait...Oh shit, lol, I don't have the FFT for the PSP. Only played the original.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.