Best films ever made?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Are ANH ESB AND ROTJ the Best films ever made? I mean with the amont of times they came out on vhs dvd and soon blu ray lucus thinks they are !

Do you?

sweersa
Originally posted by coolmovies
Are ANH ESB AND ROTJ the Best films ever made? I mean with the amont of times they came out on vhs dvd and soon blu ray lucus thinks they are !

Do you?

I think they are the best films ever made along with The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith.

Tangible God

Do you? Have you even seen Citizen Kane?

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Tangible God
Have you even seen Citizen Kane?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Seriously. SW is my favorite series of all time, but I can name a very small amount of movies I like better than any SW movie.

queeq
Indy?

So quality is decided now by the amount of times it was released???? Bizarre.

Lord Knightfa11
you are forgetting a few greats like... the new batman movies, some oldies like gone with the wind, blade runner, and some more that i could come up with i decided to sit down and think about better movies for 3 days.

General G
I wouldn't say best, but definately one of my favorites.

Icy Ninja
Originally posted by General G
I wouldn't say best, but definately one of my favorites.

JediRobin23
What kind of stupid question is this. Of course they're the best

Tangible God
Originally posted by JediRobin23
What kind of stupid question is this. Of course they're the best Silly rabbit.

I didn't think Blade Runner was all that good.

Lord Knightfa11
meh it certainly beats some star wars's, and is at least as good as rotj.

Tangible God
Definitely. Boring as sin though, IMO.

Lord Knightfa11
fun to watch the first time, i only saw it once, which is probably why i maintain a high view of it. most star wars' are classics, which are constantly re watchable.

queeq
Silly rabbit.

I didn't think Blade Runner was all that good.

But it was.

Tangible God
Originally posted by queeq
But it was. Meh. It was decent enough, but I was thoroughly bored.

General G
haha it wasn't too bad, the recently released one was good with all the added content was pretty good.

queeq
Meh. It was decent enough, but I was thoroughly bored.

It's a bit more existential and lesst action. You have to like that kind of thing. Visually it's still absolutely stunning, it defined the look of so many films and commercials. Even today.
BR made Coruscnat what it is today.

coolmovies
All three Lotr movies are outstanding where as rotj is weak . This means lotr is a better trilogy

sweersa
Indy?

So quality is decided now by the amount of times it was released???? Bizarre.

Older movies tend to be corny at times...with and compared to newer movies and modern technology don't look nearly as good picture and sound wise.

But I do like a handful of older movies...just not nearly as much as modern 70s+ movies. I love the Wizard of Oz!

queeq
Wizard of Oz is outstanding!!!!! *shakes hands with sweersa*

Master Crimzon
I hate Wizard of Oz. *Prepares to be shot*

sweersa
Wizard of Oz is outstanding!!!!! *shakes hands with sweersa*

*Continues the hand shake*

"Is this a good time to ask to be a mod?"

lol just kidding...but seriously...I loved watching that movie as a kid and all of the magic watching it today remains...truly a masterpiece.

Jack Daniels
I use to like the movie too even saw a play done once on it at a special event at a public park was pretty kewl the flying monkeys were kids on bikes jumping ramps etc...but anyways my kid when younger watched the movie over and over and over day after day after day..like twice a day for month or two..lol...Ive seen it way to many times to ever want to see it again..lol

queeq
I can imagine that.

I've seen it many times and love it. The Wicked Witch is such a classic. If she'd marry Darth Vader we'd have the best Baddie wedding and off spring ever!!!

WW & DV to Dororthy:
"I'll get you, girl, and you're little dog too!"
"You don't understand the power of the Green Side."

Jack Daniels
laughing out loud it's sad but I can see that

sweersa
I think they each belong to their own universe. lol

JediRobin23
The Matrix was good. Only the first one.
The Bourne Identity was good. The rest sucked
Gladiator was good
All four Indiana Jones were good. Raiders being the best one.
Terminator II was the only good one.
Batman begins was good. second one blew a bit

Thats all I can think of that are good. Still a step down from star wars

Lt. Valerian
You kiddin'?

The Dark Knight is way better than Batman Begins. It's one of the few films that have been released lately that truly deserves an award.

Lord Knightfa11
meh... along with batman begins. liam neeson>heath ledger as a villain.... i'm sorry that it had to be that way....

Lt. Valerian
Heath Ledger did a fantastic job with the Joker, Knightfall. Fantastic.

coolmovies
The Lotr films are the best

sweersa

Thanks to the Prequels.

By the way guys and gals...a The Dark Knight DVD Screener is floating around online. I may or may not have downloaded it and I may or may not have burned and watched it on my TV. I may or may not say how great it looks.

Ahsoka Tano

Absolute shit compared to the originals. Tuck your tail between your legs and go back to the prequel thread.

That or go to the LOTR threads, Hahahaha.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
You kiddin'?

The Dark Knight is way better than Batman Begins. It's one of the few films that have been released lately that truly deserves an award.

This man speaks wisdom. Listen to him.

sweersa
Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
Absolute shit compared to the originals. Tuck your tail between your legs and go back to the prequel thread.

That or go to the LOTR threads, Hahahaha.

LOTR has originals? And there is an LOTR thread here? lol

Antaeus
Two movies over them all. The Star Wars Saga and LOTR.
And the Star Wars Saga is definately number ONE.

Matrix, Batman, Gladiator and others are great but not even close to these Star Wars and LOTR.

FLEX HECTIC
After you add up all the toys, cartoons, novels, video games, costumes, conventions and comic books then you have to factor in Industrial Light and Magic's influence on the special effects of all those other great movies! (Check the credits!)

After that you have to then add up how many other great ideas were spawned by the whole prequel back story virus now infecting the media! i.e. Wicked (Wizard of OZ prequel!)

Star Wars basically founded the Tent Pole Movie Blockbuster by its' own fan genre camping out in front of theaters days before the opening night!

There is no other movie or trilogy that has affected the movie going industry as has Star Wars did in 4 different decades!

Star Wars even survived subpar acting in certain areas! LOL!

Not to disrespect those other movies for they all are deserving of praise and respect but if you pick at least 10 different categories or more Star Wars scores enough points to over shadow any challengers to the throne!

Special Effects- check
Greek Tragedy- check
Sound track- check
Drama- check
Love Story- check
Cliffhangers- check
Cinematography- check
Cast and Credits- check
Antagonism- check
The Box Office- double check!

(Puts on Darth Vader helmet and matching cape and then stares menacingly at Klingons, Orks, Death Eaters, Flying Monkeys, Replicants and Agent Smith!)

DARTH VADER: "Frankly Scarlet... I don't give a damn!"

(Blazes crimson red light saber and starts hacking away!)

queeq
Citizen Kane..

Antaeus
Citizen Kane..

Your opinion?

I have not seen it (only a little bit of it and I know some of the story), but I am pretty sure that it will not end in my top 20. Have to watch it some day...

It seems that especially professionals like this movie and several of them consider it the best movie ever made. It is very rare I do agree with the professionals.

I just checked it on imdb, seems that young women do not like it.

queeq
It's a cinematographical masterpiece. That's why I always puty it on top. It's arguable choice that transcends personal preference and taste.

coolmovies
Its a holy trilogy

queeq
LOTR? laughing out loud

LordPrydon
The films are good even great but not because of how many releases they've had.

coolmovies
The force is so strong i forgot about LOTR

sweersa
The force is so strong i forgot about LOTR

The Force made it nearly invisible to me. lol

coolmovies
but the battle for middle earth is breathtaking

queeq
The entire trilogy stands as a whole. An epic trilogy.

darthbane99
yes...but its the opposite of x men,i mean if you like it,then you know they are in cahoots with them,yet both are against eachother. Fairly decent films to watch,obviously EU star wars is superior then origonal in my opinion.

Slash_KMC
WUT !!

queeq
X-Men 1 & 2: Very good
X3: kinda shitty

sweersa
X-Men 1 & 2: Very good
X3: kinda shitty

Language! (hehe)

The new one with Wolverine is actually really good, my friend and I watched it last night and we couldn't really complain about anything.

Kovacs86
Absurd. The Star Wars films aren't really, really, though I love them and do have many qualities. But, seriously, they are not better than:

The Godfather: Part I & II
Taxi Driver
The Shawshank Redemption
Fight Club
Aliens
Blade Runner
Goodfellas
Raging Bull
LA Confidential
Apocalypse Now

They're just... not that good.

queeq
Good list, I love 'em all.

And the news on Wolverine is a relief. I hope I'll enjoy it too.

sweersa
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Absurd. The Star Wars films aren't really, really, though I love them and do have many qualities. But, seriously, they are not better than:

The Godfather: Part I & II
Taxi Driver
The Shawshank Redemption
Fight Club
Aliens
Blade Runner
Goodfellas
Raging Bull
LA Confidential
Apocalypse Now

They're just... not that good.

In your opinion...I liked Shawshank. I have been meaning to see the Godfather. I hear Part 3 is the best. Hahaha.

I am a total Star Wars fan, thus bias. I can't and will never love any movie more.

Kovacs86
Originally posted by sweersa
In your opinion...I liked Shawshank. I have been meaning to see the Godfather. I hear Part 3 is the best. Hahaha.

I am a total Star Wars fan, thus bias. I can't and will never love any movie more.

Well, of course, everything's an opinion, which is why every discussion here is entirely moot. But, surely, you couldn't call the acting or script in Star Wars half as good as in any of the films on my list. Yet something about Star Wars struck a chord with so many people...

Good list, I love 'em all.

That's because those are some of the greatest films ever made. They're all pretty much perfect in their own genres. Sadly, Star Wars is not perfect (though the films are pretty great in their own way).

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa

He's right Sweers, these are arguably very good films.

sweersa
He's right Sweers, these are arguably very good films.

Absolutely, I never said they were not. I like all he mentioned but some I never saw.

Originally posted by Kovacs86
Well, of course, everything's an opinion, which is why every discussion here is entirely moot. But, surely, you couldn't call the acting or script in Star Wars half as good as in any of the films on my list. Yet something about Star Wars struck a chord with so many people...

Yeah, some of the acting in both trilogies is pretty bad but I try not to let that get in the way much. To me SW is still the best though. Lightsabers, Jedi, Imperials, Battle Droids I can't get enough of it. I am totally a sucker for anything Star Wars.

queeq
I saw your collection. wink

sweersa
I saw your collection. wink

Yay! smile

queeq
Hehehe

sweersa
You should come see it sometime.

Everyone from KMC field trip!

queeq
Do we get a free tour?

sweersa
Do we get a free tour?

Sponsored by Lando!

coolmovies
what about godfather trilogy?

Kinkin

Do you?

No they aren't.

The Grey Fox
ESB is my favourite movie of all time, with ANH being 3rd, and RTJ 5th. And the only reason they even have one other film in between them is because I'm a believer in variety.

queeq
What's no. 2?

DarthLazious
I would say they are but I love ESB the best out of all six of them.

jayce78

Do you?

Lucas thinks they are the best because they've been on vhs and dvd? Whaaaaaa? Star Wars on Blu-ray? Not yet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.