USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE IV (JEDI)- Purity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Alkaselzer
Gallagher will use Dreams.

-

Gallagher makes mental note of the discussions he shared with Sienar on his way to Mandragos. It is senseless to keep repeating that the Light Side will prevail over the Dark, that Andro Fenris will rescue Gallagher, that the Republic will not stand for the mass murder committed on Spiridos.

Gallagher simply gets to his feet. He gives Sienar a look of obvious disdain, but... says nothing as he steps out of the spacecraft and examines his surroundings.

Ushgarak
Out of the ship... and under the orange sky of Mandragos!

You are in the starport of a great city. But large as the city is, it itself aurround a more magnificent structure, some kind of giant citdael in the middle of it all, looming massively, almost reaching the clouds. It can be seen in every open part of the ity.

A priest of Ferradyne (they don't man everything around here, but this is the Abbot's ship and they have come to great him) approaches you, and notes your lightsabre. He looks at you oddly.

"May I help you?" he asks.

Alkaselzer
"I come bearing word of the Abbott Sienar's return," Gallagher says, grudgingly. "I am his emissary, Gallagher. We are come from Spiridos."

Brit
"I am glad to be away from Cassilis," Jelena says. "We averted total warfare, but... that world will be suffering for some good time to come as the wounds opened by the Dark Side heal over."

Jelena studies Andro, seeing that he appears somewhat perturbed.

"What has happened?" Jelena asks.

Foresight, please! Jelena will spend an extra point on it to ensure that she gets something.

Ushgarak
"Emissary? But... you are a Jedi!" says the priest.

-

You were told on Cassilis that 'something' had happened with Gallagher, Jelena.

"Have you met?" asks Trorn of you and Andro, Jelena. "I know Andro and Roan worked together on Droben. Likewrise Roan met poor Gallagher there."

Alkaselzer
"My occupation does not matter to the Abbott, it appears," Gallagher says.

That is because he wishes to steer me away from my calling, Gallagher thinks bitterly.

"Why, is it a problem?"

Ushgarak
"Well, I..."

"Of course it is not," says Sienar, appearing at the doorway of the ship. "It is, of course, to give into prejudice and anger to judge a man simply by what he is, rather than who he is and what he thinks."

"My apologies, your reverence," says the Priest. "Yours words justly chastise me. We were just unaware of this... change."

"Well, Gallagher here will explain, yes?"

Alkaselzer
"You are one to speak of anger, Abbott," Gallagher says, harshly. He does not elaborate for the Priest present. "Father Varm has been... relieved of his services. By the Jedi Order. Until the Abbott is able to find a proper emissary, he has seen fit to take me as his replacement."

Gallagher stares at the Abbott as he says this.

Ushgarak
"I have been informed by the Jedi of a plot to kill me," says Sienar. "It seems some oppose my growing power with the Synod. Gallagher is here to protect me!"

He's not even lying, is the real pain about all that, Gallagher. He's a cunning bastard, is Sienar. The best Force User couldn't sense deception in that statement.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher thinks bitterly about how Sienar had deceived him as a being of good will and intentions, just as this Priest of the Synod believes the same.

"This is so," Gallagher says, simply.

Ushgarak
"But who would do such a thing?" asks the extremely alarmed priest- and his distress is extremely genuine, Gallagher. "This is... monstrous!"

"These are sad times. Yet I have much work to do. I do bear good news- I am confirming my nomination as Archimandrite of the Synod. I accept the offer that has been made to me."

"The Force be praised!"

Brit
"I was not involved at Droben," Jelena says. "But I do believe that I have met Gallagher. He was present at Arminium, as was I. Bizarre situation, that. All part of those damnable conspiracies that Xeth and his renegades run around after. A fruitless effort, I am sure."

She pauses to study the young and talented swordsman before her.

"I am Jelena Bendu," she introduces herself.

Alkaselzer
"Archimandrite?" Gallagher asks, unsure of what the term means.

Tptmanno1
"Indeed, It is good to see you again, Andro my friend. You look severely troubled. Be calm, what can we do for you?"

Ushgarak
(I am sure jazzman will be back soon folks- he said he was busy for a bit)

Trorn will ask you to come inside as you talk over the situation. You are not leaving immediately btw; you deserve a day's rest after your trials on Cassilis, much as Andro wants to go ASAP.

Oh, there is no trace of that ship you say the enemy raider escaped in on Cassilis, Roan. Nor does anyone in the Council have any idea about who she may have been.

-

"Our esteemed leader of the Synod is stepping down after many years," says Sienar, drawing his hood across his skull-exposed face. "There have been many requests for me to stand for election to the position."

Sienar suddenly pitches forwards, Gallagher- he leands heavily against you for support, and you hear him breathing heavily for some moments. He then stands back to his full height.

"We were hooing for this news on your return, your eminence," says the priest. "The people are ready for your announcement! We have prepared transport for your return to the Basilica."

Tptmanno1
Well then, I will follow Trorn, making sure Sunda is at my side as well

Ushgarak
Ok, well, Trorn brings you up to speed with events so far. Is there anything you need specifcally explained to you?

Brit
Jelena would like to know the political situation is on Mandragos and what our efforts are going to be concerning the revelation of Sienar being a powerful Dark Sider and the kidnapping of Gallagher.

She also may want to check her knowledge of the powers that the strange woman on Cassilis displayed, using either Savoir-Faire to detect a culture or group of Force-users that may have exhibited these abilities, or using Jedi Lore to recall such a group historically.

Ushgarak
A dead-end on that one, Jelena.

The polticial situation on Mandragos is stable by any normal definition; the Synod is doing well, leadership elections are being held soon, and several hundred Senators are arirving for the big conference to discuss the famine relief situation.

There is very little to be done about Sienar and the kidnapping. Ithrorn is working on Spiridos still to tey and get more information from associates of Doctor Mirani and from the files concenring the Abbot- and they are hopoing that Zaland will recove-r but other than that, it's all brick wals.

Trorn will impart onto you the vital importance of not overstepping your remit for the mission. Due to the political sensitivty of the matter, your purpose there is specifically to follow up Doctor Mirani, a suspect, and to look into the affairs of Father Varm, whom Andro killed on Spiridos after Varm attacked him. They are hoping, of course, that you will find a link to the Abbot there.

Trorn says you shouldn't worry too much- this may all take a long time, but if all this is so, which he is sure it is, then Sienar's links to it all must come out eventually.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher tries to sense Sienar's mind when the Abbott pitches over from apparent pain and weakness. He makes no efforts to support the Abbott.

"That will put you in quite a position of power," Gallagher says, glumly.

When the Priest mentions transportation to the Basilica, Gallagher asks if it is an open-topped hover car, and if there will be any crowds to greet the return of the Abbott.

Ushgarak
"Of course!" says the Priest. "Enormous crowds will come once the rumour spreads he has accepted the nomination!"

"This is a warm planet, Gallagher," says Sienar. "Most transportation is open topped."

Alkaselzer
Gallagher thinks back to what seems so long ago, to his vision from before his journey to Spiridos. He remembers vividly the weakened man that could only be Sienar waving to a crowd before bursting in to flame, killed before he could help billions of lives. The deaths, the billions of deaths! Gallagher remembers the anguish all too well, due his sensitive nature.

"I foresaw this," Gallagher says. "I thought it may have been symbolic before, but... perhaps my dreams depicted an actual, coming event."

Ushgarak
"Despite your power, your control of the Force is not precise, Gallagher. Your visions are confused and mixed."

He tells the priest to go forth and announce his nomination. Meanwhile, others are getting off the ship- like Kathya, who you may remember, and the Abbot's Doctor.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher watches the Priest go, then turns to see Kathya and Doctor Mirani as they disembark the starship. The young Jedi still has the overwhelming desire to fling Kathya off the nearest platform, but has not the strength nor power to do so. Not now. Not here.

"I trust you had a restful journey," he says as the two walk near.

Ushgarak
"Not bad," she says, with a smile. Sienar talks briefly with Mirani.

"We shall wait here a little while before going on," announces Sienar. "The crowds are entitled to see me before I return to the Basilica. After that my time will be taken in addressing the Senators."

Alkaselzer
"That's just swell," Gallagher replies, feigning a smile back before letting it drop and coming back to Sienar.

"I am not sure why the public would want to actually see you," Gallagher says. "If only they knew that you are as corrupt and vile on the inside as you are on the outside."

Ushgarak
"You don't know very much about people, Gallagher. Still, there is much I have to teach you. You will cheer me at the parade, of course."

Alkaselzer
"Why should I?" Gallagher asks.

Is the landing pad very high up? Or is there area for Gallagher to make a run for it?

Ushgarak
No, it is not particularly high. But Sienar has provided reasons for you to stay with him, if you remember.

"Consider it a lesson. You want to know about the crowd? You will have to extend out your feelings to sense their whole emotion. To do that... you will have to become part of them."

Alkaselzer
"They do not know what I know," Gallagher says. "It will be difficult."

Brit
Did Gallagher and Andro turn up information that we can use to continue the investigation into these people?

Ushgarak
"But it can be done. There are few limits to the Force, Gallagher, that are not self-imposed. Besides! It would look suspicious otherwise, and if you turn the priests against you your life will be difficult."

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Brit
Did Gallagher and Andro turn up information that we can use to continue the investigation into these people?

Andro likely thinks the fact that Varm tried to kill him and he can directly link Mirani to the mass murder inside Tranquil Repose is damn good reason!

Those two you can look into. Everything else is a closed door, basically.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher sighs.

"I will applaud your return, then," Gallagher says. "For appearances only. And then, once we are in the Basilica... we talk."

Ushgarak
"Of course Gallagher. We have... much to discuss."

Alkaselzer
Gallagher gives a curt nod, frustrated that it simply cannot be discussed here and now. He is impatient to find out why his sister had to suffer for this man's evil ways, impatient to figure out what can be done to prevent the famine but also Sienar's rise to power, impatient for his friends to come rescue him.

But for now, he tries his best to patiently await the hover car.

Tptmanno1
How is Sunda doing during all this? Following along?

"Who will we be meeting with on Mandragos? I also have a feeling that our mission will not be heavily...supported, is there any obvious threats I should be made aware of?"

Ushgarak
Sunda is weighting up how much trouble a bunch of priests can possibly be.

You won't be meeting anyone at all on Mandragos, Roan, and do not expect the locals to be supportive of your investigation.

Then there is the thorny Gallagher issue, of course...

Ushgarak
And talking of which- here is where your story truly begins, Gallagher.

Eventually the transport arrives- an elongated hover car, upon which Sienar slowly climbs aboard. The steeets are reported to be crowded, overcorweded, bursting with people desperate to see their saviour! The car will move very slowly, at walking pace, so that all may see. None will be on it with him, but his attendants will walk close by- including you, Gallagher.

You emerge into the city. This has a vaguely African/Eastern feel, not unlike Tatooine but far more civilised, and more dusty than sandy. It is, however, mostly very low built, and only the toweing form of the Basilica citadel rises high. That building is the equivalent of the Vatican, the central building of the Synod, within which are priests and pilgrims, scholars and the sick, all dedicated to the worship and understanding of balance, of the Light Side of the Force, and the power of destiny. A fit place, it would seem, for the coming horde of Senators to see to the aid of so many many lives at risk.

The people! So many people have come to see him! And as you proceed through the streets, the noise is cacophonous! All cheering his name!

Sienar simply nods and smiles. His cowl covers the skeletal half of his face, leaving just the pale other side for people to see, and he wears gloves to hide his missing fingers.

Suddenly, about halfway, the 'motorcade' stops, and there is a sudden silence from all- Gallagher, Sienar has very delicate emotional control of crowds! He can use the Force to silence them like this.

"My friends, my people," he says. "I have returned from Spridios. The brave and noble Doctors there have given me the strength I need to carry on the negotiations in these coming days with the Senatorial Poverty Commission- negotiations vital to the future of the Galaxy. We will save these people!"

A cheer begins, but Sienar raises his hand to silence it.

"I have one other thing to say. Today... I have accepted the nomiation for election to Archimandrite!"

Nothing can stop the cheers now, loud enough to tear a planet down. The procession carries on through the city, and as Siienar requested, you cheer with everyone else.

And he was right., The more you cheer with the crowd, the more you become a part of it. The more you become a part of it, the mroe you can sense it. The love- the very genuine love for this man, what he stands for, what he has achieved in an uncaring Galaxy. Sianar! Abbot of the Synod of Ferradyune! Archimandrite elect! Personally responsible for relieving the famine on Zeskus V and brokering the peace deal on Eridorean! Now we will save the Galax from the largest famine crisis it has ever known, and then move on to eliminate poverty forever! The one true hope remaining for the Galaxy at all! Finally something has gone right...

Then, there is a gasp from the crowd, as the Abbot slips to one side slightly. For a moment, you expect him to burst aflame, gallagher... but all there is when you look at him, is the Sun glinting behind him, as frm where you are his body is eclipsing the bright sun. The Aboot stands again, and declares:

"Through the grace of the Force, I have the will to go on! It is my destiny!"

The gasps stop and the cheering resumes, though you are returned to reality, Gallagher.

His death! What is the connection you cannot see? His death, bringing all those other deaths... is he truly going to try to save all those people? It would make him powerful if he does. What can it all mean?

You must save all those people.

Tptmanno1
Of course>
Does Trorn have any ideas where to start?

Ushgarak
Trorn says... that you are to see Master Yoda in his private quarters, about the Gallagher 'issue'.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher is astounded by Sienar's fine control of the crowd and by their overwhelming sensation of adoration for this hero of worlds, this religious figure that has become something more of a deity to the sick and the starving.

I cannot let such hope be destroyed, Gallagher thinks. Sienar may draw his power from the darkness, but... I do not understand. Why would a Dark Sider be so benevolent and generous? It matters not. Never have I seen such overwhelming joy in citizens of the Republic.

Gallagher cheers and waves to Sienar.

But I will not give in to his temptations. I am a champion of the Light.

Ushgarak
Well, you are approaching now the front gates of the Basilica, where Sienar dismounts.

"What did you feel, Gallagher?"

Brit
Is this meeting with Master Yoda for Roan alone?

Ushgarak
Oh no, you are all welcome.

Alkaselzer
"Love," Gallagher says. "Hope. Joy. All inspired by you."

Brit
"Best not to keep Master Yoda waiting," Jelena says.

She keeps Roan in front of her at all times, remembering their brief and frightening duel on Cassilis. She knows it was no fault of his own, but... the experience shook her.

Jelena stops herself as she realizes her hand is wandering down toward her remaining lightsaber, and instead crosses her arms.

"After you, Roan," she says, smiling toward him and his Padawan.

Ushgarak
Just give a bit longer for Andro to turn up here.

-

"And what do you think of all that, Gallagher?"

Alkaselzer
Gallagher looks toward Sienar and his skeletal face.

"These people must be saved," Gallagher says. "They have such great hope that you will be able to help them... I cannot get in the way of that. Not without an alternative route."

Ushgarak
"Do you truly think one man can make such a difference?"

Alkaselzer
"Yes," Gallagher replies. "One man can become the embodiment of the people's hope."

Gallagher does not say it, but he thinks of the Prophecy of the Chosen One, the Jedi who will bring balance to the Force by destroying evil.

Ushgarak
"We shall see the truth of that. Come inside..." he says, hading to the giant metal front gates.

Ushgarak
Ok, Jelena, Roan, and a quiet Andro- you are in that meditation place that Windu talked to Yoda in in AOTC. Yoda seems to have just finished meditating on the matter.

"Mmm," he says, thoughtfully (You bet he didn't mumble like that when he was younger)

"A difficult situation here you have, I think, mmm?"

Alkaselzer
Gallagher silently follows, looking up at the tower structure of the Basilica before him.

Ushgarak
These doors are magnificent and golden, Gallagher, with all sorts of patterns upon them. It also has many attendants at the front.

"The state of Jubillee will start soon, yes?" asks Sienar.

"Tomorrow, your eminence," one of them says.

"Ah yes. Well, for now you may bring your weapon within here, Gallagher."

Alkaselzer
"What is the state of Jubilee?" Gallagher asks. "I know little of Mandragos and its culture and customs."

Ushgarak
"A religious celebration that accompanies the election of the new Archimandrite. During that time, no weapons are allowed within the Basilicia."

Jazzman_78
(EEEPPP! It figures this would start while I was away, dern my luck. SO sorry for the tardiness, but a big Hell Yeah! to the return of this game. Thank you Ush.

I don't want to drag it back to the platform too much. Let's just put it that Andro will very politely greet Roan and meet Jelena. The answer for his mood is something along the lines of 'worry for Gallagher' and it will obviously be sincere. No heated tirades about his burning desire to make Seinar a head shorter, this time. There's no reason to put these people off immediately. Or give Masters Fisto, Mundi, or Yoda to deprive him of a lightsaber for another mission. (I figure it's very likely that he has received understanding but firm admonishments againt striking out on a personal vendetta from most of the Council since his return.) Experience with the investigation or no, it was actually a mild shock to Andro to be allowed to go on the mission instead of being shipped of to the opposite corner of the Galaxy from Mandragos.

"Yes Master Yoda. There are few leads, none of which connect Seinar more than circumstantially to the crimes. After what I faced in that 'meeting' not long ago, I can see that for a man in his position circumstance does not so much as arrouse suspicion. It's worse that charging a politician. Most beings accept that the politician is guilty and just buying his way out. He beats the law but not public opinion. In this case I beleive public opinion weighs heavier on Seinar's side than the the law. We will likely receive little cooperation from anyone we are likely to meet during this investigation."

Alkaselzer
"Oh?" Gallagher says, unpleasantly surprised. "What is to be done with my lightsaber during the Jubilee?"

Ushgarak
"It will have to be handed in at the front here. As will be so for... anyone else."

-

"Yes, yes..." says Yoda, vaguely waving your comments away, Andro.

"Powerful Jedi, could Gallagher be. What know you of this man, hmm?"

Jazzman_78
Andro tries not to look puzzled at himself for misunderstanding Yoda's meaning. "I only really got to know him on the mission on Spiridos. VERY strong in the Force, in my humble opinion. And as equally principled, for someone even younger than I." He pauses, remembering his failures on that mission, and what Gallagher probably didn't realise what he had taught this saber-nut. "I... I learned much from him, Master." Andro finished, and bowed his head for a moment. Without looking up, "I am certain that he can handle Seinar mentally, if not physically."

Ushgarak
"Hmm," says Yoda. "A special case, is Gallagher. Not smooth, was his training. What know you of his sister?"

Jazzman_78
Andro wanted to remark that his training hadn't been smooth, not for his Masters anyway. But now was certainly not the time. "He told me some about his family. Wasn't his sister murdered?"

Ushgarak
"Yes. Most ireegular, was Gallagher's history. Many said he should have have been trained. Known his sister, he never should."

Brit
"I did not know that Gallagher had a sister," Jelena says. "I believe his father is the Senator of Thespia, but... I know little else of him."

Ushgarak
Ok, well, Yoda outlines some of the unusual details of Gallagher's training.

Yoda himself is the one that picked out Gallagher's special abilities and great potential, even when Gallagher was an infant. A gift like that requires special training. The problem is that there was always a certain resistance from Gallagher's powerful family; they were annoted enough he had been discovered as a potential Jedi and taken from him, now they wanted him to be a great and famous Jedi Knight in honour of the family name, and not locked up in the Temple doing mere meditations (like many who are not Jedi, they did not understand the importance of such passive ways). Gallagher's family and world are rich and powerful and tried to exert undue influence to have Gallagher used on missions he was, basically, not ready for.

His family finally got their chance to exert that influence when a cirminal case began involving the kidnap of Gallagher's sister. As a wealthy heiress to the Klinge-Faust family considerable political pressure was given to not only have the Jedi investigate the crime, but gor Gallagher to be involved with it. In the end, the Council agreed- so long as Gallagher acted under direction from the Master Korth.

Obviously, the potential emotional attachment of a Jedi investigating his own family was a worry to the Council, even though Gallagher had long been removed from contact with them. This was the start of the Jedi's concerns for Gallagher.

Jazzman_78
"Master, despite all that, Gallagher seems to have his head screwed on considerab;y straight. If I may say so, with respect of course, but he managed to prove to me the necessity of balance in a Jedi's skills, when many Masters could not. I meditate on that nightly now, Master Yoda." That, and envisioning Seinar's head bouncing on the floor, he thinks. Andro pauses, hoping he didn't go too far but has made his point.
"What do you fear may happen to him?"

Brit
"Patience, Andro," Jelena says. "I feel we do not know enough about our friend Gallagher as we should in this delicate situation. I realize your eagerness to help him, but you cannot do it alone."

Jelena turns back to Master Yoda.

"What was the outcome of this mission?"

Alkaselzer
"I cannot imagine that many bring weapons into the Basilica anyways," Gallagher says. "After all, the Synod of Ferradyne is pacifistic, is it not? Highly uncommon for the Abbott and his underlings to be armed, I should think."

Gallagher recalls learning that the Synod was a pacifist religion, then seeing Varm and Kathya draw blasters. And then the brutality with which Sienar dismissed his Jedi assailants.

I hope Zaland and Andro are alright, Gallagher thinks.

Ushgarak
"The Basilica is welcome to all and in this day and age many carry weapons," says Sienar. "Indeed, though, members of the Synod do not."

You walk on through. Rather like the Vatican, the indise looks more like an art gallery than much else, though being on a Star War scale it is stupidly big. Sienar says he is taking you to his rooms within the Basilica. He sends Kathya off to meet with someone else; you notice that Mirani is no longer with you.

-

"Understanding, you must show," says Yoda. He regrets that due to certain promises the Jedi Council made years ago, he cannot in good conscience tell you what went wrong in detail.

He can give you the basics though. It was not one mission that followed but a linked series of events, including the activities of a trio of Dark Siders. At the culmination of these events, Gallagher's sister was sadly killed. Seeing her body, Gallagher attacked her assailants in a rage. Yoda hopes he doesn't have to explain how troubling that is; although many a Jedi has temporarily lost emotional control when seeing a friend die, the nature of Gallagher's growing attachment to his sister in these times masde it a particular worry.

The situation ended with two of the three Dark Siders dead, the other got away, and Gallagher was left emotionally (and physically, for that matter) scarred. This was a time of great test for Gallagher and, due to the lack of witnesses at the time, it was impossible to assess quite what his emotional condition was. The reason there were no other witnesses at the point where another Jedi got there (it was Scovione, in fact) is because the Dark Sider that got away had so badly injured Master Korth.

Korth, incidentally, never recovered from his injuries and is in a coma these days.

Jazzman_78
Andro shoots Jelenea an annoyed look at warning him of patience when he said noting to provoke it, These people also think I'm about to go flying off the handle, great. "Master, do you fear Seinar is trying to turn Gallagher? If so, why do we simply not launch a rescue mission?"

Brit
"That is terrible!" Jelena says, when Yoda completes the basics of Gallagher's mission. "I had no idea that such termoil beset our friend Gallagher. Who was this Dark Sider that escaped? What was his purpose?"

Alkaselzer
"Where did our friend the good doctor go?" Gallagher asks Sienar as they stroll through the enormous Basilica. Gallagher cannot help but admire the artwork being displayed. This Basilica predates Sienar, after all, and was not built on evil.

Ushgarak
The Dark Sider was only known as Brith, though more on that in a bit.

After that 'episode', a number of things happened. Gallagher had to return for treatment and therapy to get over that period. The Council made a firm decision that the familiy ties had to be broken off. To get that settled as quickly as possible, they made a deal- Gallagher woud not be in contact with his faimily, beyond the odd message, in return for which they would be allowed to assign one of their family protectors to look after him. That solved that problem.

The problem of Gallagher's emotional state was more difficult. There was some thinking that he would have to be withdrawn as a Jedi Knight. However, there was an additional complication. There had been some thinking early on that Gallagher might be the Chosen One due to his natural power. This was very quickly dismissed but the fact remained that several sensed that Gallagher had an important part to play in future events- an ability to see where others may not.

During the last mission, Gallagher broadcast a warning to Spiridos about a vision he had had of Roan about to be attacked by the mysterious assailant you found on Cassilis. No-one has ever been able to manage such a direct vision of this great mystery you and Roan ran into. It is possbiel Gallagher's destiny iis to find out information about this threat, and perhaps comprehend the scale of the mood-latering affect that you witnssed on Cassilis. So it seems the decision to continue his training and his career was a good one- but that decision came at a price.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
"Where did our friend the good doctor go?" Gallagher asks Sienar as they stroll through the enormous Basilica. Gallagher cannot help but admire the artwork being displayed. This Basilica predates Sienar, after all, and was not built on evil.

"His presence would be inappropriate. You see, it tuens out there are quite a number of crimes that can be traced to the poor Doctor."

Brit
"Remarkable indeed," Jelena says. "What was the price paid?"

Alkaselzer
"Oh, like mass murder?" Gallagher says. "Not that he initiated that. Those orders were given by you. Regardless of who they were, it was wrong."

Ushgarak
Well, two prices really. One for him and one for the Council.

For the Council it was a promise that Yoda feels bound by now- that they would never tell anyone the truth of what actually happened to Gallagher's emotional state at that time. Yoda does not want you to make presumptions based off of that secrecy, but he hopes you understand how he feels bound not to tell., Revealing to others, aside form being unfair on Gallagher, would cause issues.

Secondly. Gallagher responded to the incident as many in shock would- hazy and jumbled recollections of a highly emotional nature. His treatment... encouraged that imprecise memory. Gallagher has been trained to reject any attempt to remember how he felt at that time. This repression of memory is of course dangerous, but it was the only alterantive- Gallagher was not ready to truly come to terms with what happened.

Now, the Council did not intend this state of affairs to last forever. They felt Gallagher needed to mature and gain experience first- which is why he was eventually allowed on a mission under heavy supervision.

They considered bringing him in to talk of these issues after Droben, but felt such an adrenaline rush of a combat mission was not enough, especially as Gallagher was already comign to terms with having killed his first man. So they thought if he did one more rather more thoughtful misison, after that would have been the time for him to truly come to emotional terms with his past. That mission was Spiridos, and you may remember how 'suggestive' the Council was that Gallagher had a capable bodyguard of a Jedi to look after him.

"So... our problem, I hope you see," says Yoda. That plan has been intercepted in the most unfortunate way- a coincidence if you like, a plan if you are paranoid; Yoda feels it is simply destiny, and a grace challenge. Gallagher, at his most vuilnerable point, has been taken by this 'Sienar'- and now his coming to terms of those events will not be dictated by the Jedi Temple, but by this Sienar.

If Sienar can convince Gallagher that at that time Gallagher did actually fall prey to his emotions and let them dominate him... then Gallagher will be in grave danger.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
"Oh, like mass murder?" Gallagher says. "Not that he initiated that. Those orders were given by you. Regardless of who they were, it was wrong."

"There is an important difference between crimes that will be aid at his door and those at mine."

Alkaselzer
Gallagher sighs, knowing that arguing the point with Sienar will get him nowhere. He merely admires the inside of the Basilica as they move through it.

Ushgarak
He actually has a very simple riposte to that point, Gallagher.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher will hear it.

Ushgarak
"They can prove the accusations against Mirani..."

Alkaselzer
"But?" Gallagher asks.

Ushgarak
"I think you can work out what I mean."

Alkaselzer
Gallagher nods. "You feel that you have covered your tracks well enough that nothing will connect with you, then."

Ushgarak
"I know it for certain. Your Jedi friends aren't going to come here looking for me. Well, not officially."

Tptmanno1
"Well let us put enough faith in Gallagher and the Force, that he has not done anything drastic or harmful yet. But I feel we should not delay any longer. We must reach him and get to the bottom of this. Dark Jedi are not something to be left without engagement."

Ushgarak
You still need to rest after Cassilis, Roan. Leaving for a difficult misison like this so hastily wou,d be unwise.

In any case- you may want to hear the info that has been put together on the matter of who Sienar may be.

Jazzman_78
"I cannot imagine what it would take to turn Gallagher."

Ushgarak
Like any Jedi, Gallagher is vulnerable to the call of the Dark Side if he is not the master of his emotions.

"Much hatred could Gallagher feel, if directed," says Yoda. "Memories of his past... much emotion there."

Tptmanno1
Ah, sounds like a good idea.
What kinda info do we have on Sienar...

Ushgarak
Literally speaking nothing- and certainly nothing that would ever convince a court.

But Yoda says there is someone whose story he wants you to hear.

Alkaselzer
"So long as I am with you, the Order will investigate your actions, no matter how covert they must be," Gallagher says, confidently. "But only time will tell."

Ushgarak
"They won't find anything in time," says Sienar, as you head into his lavish apartments. "Besids, there is nothing to investigate with you. You are here by choice."

Alkaselzer
Gallagher looks around the apartments as he enters.

"What other choice did I have?" Gallagher says, gesturing helplessly. "Fate would have it that you and I should meet."

Ushgarak
"Then we are in agreement! There will be nothing there for them to investigate."

He sits slowly onto a comfy chair and invites you to make use of any facility you like; the place is like a lush hotel room.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher has no need for anything; his anticipation of this conversation has him too nervous to eat or do much of anything else.

He selects a comfy chair opposite of Sienar, still weary from the conflict at Spiridos. As he sits, he uses the Force to call a pillow to him, absent-mindedly, and squeezes it tight in his arms.

"I am fine, thank you."

Ushgarak
"Well. I think there has been rather enough exitrement for now. I have much to organise for the rest of the day. For now... I will answer any questions you have about Spiridos."

Tptmanno1
And who might that be?

Lord Melkor
(Grevor Scavione).

Alkaselzer
Gallagher will ask how long the operation at Spiridos had been going on and how the execution of everyone in Tranquil Repose was able to go unnoticed, thinking that the Jedi would have felt so many deaths.

Ushgarak
Sienar can answer that one easily; single deaths, of course, cannot be felt by the Force as the ripples they make are too small. For death to be sensed it either has to be an enormous amount due to the same cause- as you are sensing with the coming famine- or it has to be a relatively smaller amount but all happening exactly at the same time .

The deaths in Tranquil Repose were spaced out over a period of time and although there are lots of them, in the grand scheme of things the number is not relevant. "More people in the Republic die every second from disease," says Sienar.

"That and, of course, those deaths were part of my plan, and my power in the Dark Side shrouds things from the Jedi's sight.

"Not that anyone in Tranquil Repose will be missed. Very silly people on the whole. You may remember what I said to you about those trying to unnaturally prolong their lives; they feared death and tried to use their money to escape it. They assumed that they could wake up decades or centuries later when cures had been found and just slip back into society as if nothing had changed. They were already dead inside, really."

As for how long- years. It was the latest in many schemes based around the same objective he had been at for a long time.

-

And indeed yes, those of you in Coruscant move into another room, where Master Scovione sits.

He really is old now; the last few years have seen age take a great hold of his body. He's retired, his last Padawan (who briefly dallied with the Light Side players on Malastare) has passed the tests and moved on. Now Scovione spends his last years in the Temple, helping to train the Younglings.

He greets you all.

"Master Gundark speaks highly of you, Roan," he says.

Tptmanno1
"Well, I consider that complimentary of the highest nature. Master Gundark in an exceptional Jedi."
Roan Bows deeply

Jazzman_78
(I have found the internet in the hospital. No idea how much I will get away with using it. I'll do my best...)
Andro greets Master Scovione and waits politely for him to speak.

Brit
(Get better, Andrew! smile )

Jelena gives a bow of respect to Master Scovione, recalling meeting him very briefly when she was assigned to Master Gundark's mission to protect Viceroy Gunray. He had talked with her, but she did not quite recall about what.

"Master Yoda says you have some vital information that may help us with the situation on Mandragos," Jelena says, getting straight to the point.

Alkaselzer
(Oh no! Get better Andrew! Andro has to come save me without dying from pneumonia!)

Gallagher will ask what that objective was and what Sienar needs to make mass amounts of money for. But he does agree that those in Tranquil Repose were foolish in trying to avoid death, but not all are so secure as the Jedi that they will go nice places when they die. Nor does he agree that they should have been murdered.

Gallagher also wants to know how long Sienar had known Gallagher was on Spiridos, or even how long Sienar had known Gallagher would be on Spiridos as likely he had forseen our future meeting.

I will come up with more as I re-read the old game...

Alkaselzer
I will just list my questions as I go...

How long was Doctor Mirani in on the drug trafficking? And was anyone else on the Spiridon staff in the know?

How long were Father Varm and Kathya in the know? Gallagher feels it is relevant as they were at Spiridos, and also wants to get a better feel for who knows about Sienar's dark powers within the Synod. Varm is dead, of course, but Kathya...

Alkaselzer
Also, random question about visions... but was the voice from Jelena's vision of Cassilis a female voice? I didn't know if she ever figured it out.

Is the multi-trillionaire businessman Deel Twain somehow involved? Why did Andro find his dead body in Varm's room and then see him up and about the next day?

Was Varm going to be promoted to Abbot once Sienar was elected Archimandrite? That would explain Varm's comments about soon being Abbot that Gallagher took the wrong way when concerned for Sienar's life.

And since when did Priests of Ferradyne start carrying blasters?

Also, Gallagher will touch upon a suspicion that Master Saesee Tiin, Andro's mentor, had related to them, wondering if it is true that the Trade Federation has tried to murder him several times.

Ushgarak
Eeek... kinda makes my current insomnia look trivial... get well soon Andrew!

-

Ok, Gallagher-

- Deel Twain is a puzzle Sianar wants you to solve, as a kind of test. So he won't say more on that. Suffice to say it is a mystery closely connected to the entirity of the current process.

- Likewise, Sienar needs money for his plans, but he's not just going to tell you what they are.

- Until he saw you on Spiridos he had not the slightest idea you were there.

- You got it in one about Varm! He would indeed have become Abbot. Sienar is actually very amused at the way things turned out so that you thought Varm was going to kill him. Sienar had no part in setting up such a deception but everything came together so beautifully, he sees the work of the Force behind it

- The Priests do not carry blasters, Varm was probably what you would describe as 'not an ideal' Priest, an attitude which carried on to his attendants. He was also an idiot Sienar had entirely as muscle; sacrificing him so meant he pretty much fulfilled his purpose as a disposable thug. Both he and Kathya have been under Sienar's effective control for years now.

- If you can believe it, Mirani was kinda into the drugs trade before Sienar even got to him! Sienar just made his limited ambitions more... worthwhile.

- Yes, the Feds have tried to kill him. Is it any surprise from those who invaded Naboo? Sienar's charitable work could not be more different from their aims and they have become a very 'determined' people lately.

"Which is not surprising," speaks Sienar casually, "as they are controlled by the Sith."

Ushgarak
As for the rest of you...

Scovione wants to tell youi a little of his earlier life. You see, you young whippersnappers are not the only Jedi ever to have become caught up in strange happenings, the Dark Side, galactic issues etc. Even with the demise of the Sith (well... supposed demise, ever since that whole issue with the Viceroy Scovione agrees something must be up, there) these things never stopped. It's a big Galaxy after all! And the lot of a Jedi to deal with such issues.

And so it was that when he was young... well, youngER, Scovione and his partner had their own Dark Sider they used to keep bouncing off of, at various times.

Alkaselzer
"Did you recognize me when I first came to you?" Gallagher asks.

But when Sienar mentions the Sith, Gallagher frowns.

"How do you know that?" Gallagher asks. "The Sith are extinct."

Brit
Jelena quietly waits to hear the story of Scovione in his younger days.

Ushgarak
"Oh Gallagher! It's not that much of a secret that the Council suspects Sith involvement in the invasion of Naboo, and that Qui-Gon himself was slain by a Sith warrior who was in turn killed by Qui-Gon's apprentice! Some of your associates were involved in the attempt to kill the Viceroy on Coruscant, to silence his tongue on the matter. But you shouldn't worry about t. I feel others have destiny with the Federation at this time, but not you."

And yes, he recognised you at once.

-

The Dark Sider Scovione was up against was named Paluzzi. Paluzzi was what is referred to as an Orphan, someone who learned the ways of the Force without a Master, which indicates great but incontrolled tlaent within; they occur very rarely on the outer fringes of civilisation where Republic controls do not reach.

Paluzzi had a very rough childhood in Hutt space but survived and thrived, learning his mentality on life from the Hutts- power, control, cruelty. Realising his talents, he purchased the details on how to make his own lightsabre on the black market and, filled with histories he had read of the Sith and their like, set about trying to transform himself into a Master of the Dark Side.

Brit
"How did you encounter this Paluzzi character?" Jelena asks.

Ushgarak
"My partner and I met him on a number of occasions, always as part of some plan. Paluzzi was talented and a skilled survivalist, but he lacked that extra spark needed to makwe him truly lethal. Not that that was of any comfort to those who suffered from his machinations. In any case, the first time I met him... is wheh we were assigned to breaking an aspidrol smuggling ring working in the Mid-Rim."

Jazzman_78
"Aspiridol? That's what we found on Spiridos. Is this Paluzzi still around?"

Ushgarak
"It's a long story," says Scovione, "but that is the first of several links that possibly point towards this case."

Lord Melkor
(Please, ask about Scavione`s partner!)

Jazzman_78
(Geez, Melk. Is you game boring? smile )

Andro will ask the question, however.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher was attached to the very tail end of that incident, I think, with the Viceroy. Perhaps another big-name mission to increase Gallagher's fame?

Gallagher frowns.

"But how do you KNOW all of this? You are not in the Jedi Order. You would not be privy to that information, even as an Abbot of Ferradyne."

Gallagher has no further questions about Spiridos.

Brit
"What are others?" Jelena asks, patiently. She respects and values Master Scovione's knowledge on the matter and hopes she can glean everything from it that they will need to know.

Ushgarak
Scovione's partner was Dooku; in later parts of this story they were accompanied by their Padawans, Qui-Gon and Gundark.

"Paluzzi's story is really one of failure. Every time we met him we were able to foil his plans, although he always got away. We felt quite superior, which played against us. Paluzzi was capable of the most remarkable spite and irrational acts. In our smugness, we thought if we foiled his plans we removed his threat. We drove him to desperation, and so it was he pulled off his most evil act.

"Using an ancient stellar manipulator, he caused the star around the planet Vataan to go supernova with remarkable speed. The evacuation was extremely hurried and many died, and an entire planet of people were left as refugees. Why did we do this? We were investigating some of his links to organised crime there at the time, having just shut down one of this operations. He destroyed the whole world just to deny us that evidence. And, I think, to show us what he was capable of."

He sighs.

"I never told Gundark, that it was our laxity that caused her homeworld to be destroyed. She remembers nothing of it, of course; in earlier work there I had already removed her from the planet as an infant when I saw her force potential."

---

"A score or more of Naboo policemen saw an assailaint wielding an unsuual red Lightsabre," says Sienar, "including their elected head of state. Rumours spread. Though if that does not satisfy you... I was on Coruscant two years ago making a presentation to the Senate. I was around when the attemps on the Viceroy's life were made and, though I doubt anyone noticed, I witnessed one of them first hand. I made it my business to be sure about what was going on."

Alkaselzer
"You would have been there at the same time I was," Gallagher says. "Which attack did you observe?"

Ushgarak
"The assassin droid," he says.

"And so, here we are. What do you think will happen now, Gallagher?"

Alkaselzer
"I am unsure, Sienar," Gallagher says. "I have seen much in my visions, but I cannot say where things will lead."

Ushgarak
"What do you fear?"

Alkaselzer
"The deaths of many, the deaths of few," Gallagher says. "That you might turn me. But I let go of those fears. All will come right in the end, if it is the will of the Force. I am in its Light and it is my ally."

Jazzman_78
(Atta boy Gallagher! Ok, home now, thanks to my well-wishers.)

(Androhas no comment, just waits to see where this connects to the case. Also, before I forget, Andro would like to speak with Master Tinn before he leaves.)

Ushgarak
"And what do you think can prevent those deaths, Gallagher?"

-

Anyway, after Vataan, they didn't run into Paluzzi for a long time. In fact, they almost hoped he had died on Vataan. But no, in the end he did come back. This time, Dooku and Scovione had their Padawans with them. But Paluzzi had something to even the odds- in these years, he had acquired an apprentice of his own.

Alkaselzer
"Currently... your efforts with the Senate," Gallagher says. "But I do not understand. Why would a being of the Dark Side such as yourself seek to benefit the Galaxy?"

Ushgarak
"Spoken as if you know anythng of the Dark Side! I see you have much to learn."

Tptmanno1
Ahh It all ties together doesn't it...
(I miss Gundy...)

"Do you think that apprentice went on to become Sienar?"

Alkaselzer
"I have learned enough," Gallagher retorts.

Ushgarak
"I doubt that," says Sienar. "There is much you do not know. Even about yourself. You should rest now, Gallagher. We shall meet again tomorrow."

---

Well, that cannot be proven.

But Scovione relates how this apprentice, who went by the name 'Kalik', turned out to be a far more dangerous person than Paluzzi ever was. He didn;'t realise this until he walked into Kalik's first trap; a lightsabre duel inside a particularly devious hall of mirrors, where each opponent was surrounded by a thousand images of himself and his enemy, and it took amazingly precise force instincts to tell truth from fiction. Kalik himself was already showing himself gifted in the Force, and learning much from Paluzzi. Unlike Paluzzi, Kialik was quite an impressive physical specimen too, and although he was not yet fully experienced, he was keen, talented, and over time proved to have a much sharper mind.

And indeed, as time went by, Paluzzi faded out the pocture and was nevber seen again. Kalik became Scovione's main nemesis and as time went by he became more and more hazardous. Unlike Paluzzi, who was always cleanly dfeated- spite at Vataan aside- whenever you ran into Kalik you always had the idea that whatever you were doing was part of his plan. He was a true master of deception; he knew that the Dark Side went beyond vulgar displays of power and irrational acts. Scovione was never happy after a brush with Kalik. Something always ended up worse than when it started.

The only fortunate thing was that Kalik was always operating far from Galactic centre; he was never posing a true threat to anything major. Though in many ways that troubled Scovione also- he couldn't see what Kalik was working towards. He seemed to have taken control of many of Paluzzi's old criminal interests, but he couldn't imagine Kaiik as being someone happy as a mere crime boss.

Anyway. In the end, Scovione won the long term battle against the Aspidrol smuggling. Along with a Jedi Padawan he had been tasked to look after as he had had some issues in training- named Gallador- Scovione led a mission that finally tore the heart out of the major smuggling ring. Leaving the young Gallador to tie up some of the escaping criminal overlords, Scovione finally had his big confrontation with Kalik; a Lightsabre duel inside a chemical processing plant. He knocked Kalik into a vat of flammable gas which then exploded. He really thought Kalik was dead.

Jazzman_78
Andro speaks up, "Well, if it is Seinar, then he doesn't have a disease at all. He's using it to cover his injuries from the explosion. AND garnering more sympathy from the people. He's frighteningly clever, makes you wonder is he wanted blown up."

Ushgarak
There is absolutely no way Sienar is faking that condition.

Alkaselzer
"As you wish," Gallagher says. "Good night, Abbot Sienar."

What has been arranged for Gallagher's sleeping quarters?

Ushgarak
A lavish 'penthouse' apartment, near the top of the Basilica.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher will gladly accept a chance to rest, despite not being in the best of circumstances. He is still weary from the events of Spiridos and will drop off to sleep eagerly.

Ushgarak
Scovione's story mostly ends there, except for two post-scripts.

The first is from a few years ago, when Scovione was the first Jedi on-scene on the day Gallagher's sister died.

"I understand we are not meant to say much about it due to certain pormises made in a deal between the Council and the Klinge-Faust family at the time," says Scovione, "but to cut a long story short- Thespia is a rich planet of many luxuries. Some would call it effete. The planet has a major drugs problem."

It was Scovione who dragged Master Korth and Gallagher, both badly injured, out of there. Scovione understands one Dark Siders escaped- and when he was there, just for a moment, he thought he had felt the presence of his old enemy.

The second post-script is less vague and possibly more telling. Paluzzi's remnants were found a few years ago, identifiable only by genetic testing. The remnants were found in the wilds of the planet Floria.

Brit
"Floria being the world where Sienar contracted his illness?" Jelena asks. "How troubling. How was Paluzzi found?"

Ushgarak
"Yes, that is the world. And by simple chance."

Brit
"There is no such thing as chance," Jelena says.

Ushgarak
"Well, a botany expedition found the remnants; make of that what you will."

Brit
Jelena grimaces. "A Dark Sider dying by becoming one with plantlife, plants being an evidence of life. Ironic."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>