TMNT back to basics with maybe a new live action film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" co-creator Kevin Eastman has confirmed the rumors that Imagi and Warner Bros. are in talks to develop a new live-action movie based on the characters. He posted the following at HeavyMetal.com:

Yes, it is true. Although the CGI film did well enough to warrent a sequel, there has been much talk between Imagi and Warners to do a better "re-invention" (newest Hollywood buzzword) of the TMNT's, in a live action film--like what was done with Batman. Back to basics, back to the origin and the intro of the Shredder, etc...there have been talks, trips to Northampton to talk to Mr Laird, and discussions with the original "first" TMNT film director Steve Barron to come back and do it right--but no official word yet...will keep you posted. Best, Kevin

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7635

" Back to basics, back to the origin and the intro of the Shredder, etc...there have been talks, trips to Northampton to talk to Mr Laird, and discussions with the original "first" TMNT film director Steve Barron to come back and do it right--but no official word yet..."

SWEET!!! I hope this does well.

Kento
Oh my bloody god! That would be the single greatest thing ever to happen in my life. Though I would love for their to be a TMNT 5 any new TMNT movie out would make me happy. As long as they don't tone down the action like 2 and 3 did.

ragesRemorse
I'm sick of origin stories. Origin stories are so fuking boring.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" co-creator Kevin Eastman has confirmed the rumors that Imagi and Warner Bros. are in talks to develop a new live-action movie based on the characters. He posted the following at HeavyMetal.com:

Yes, it is true. Although the CGI film did well enough to warrent a sequel, there has been much talk between Imagi and Warners to do a better "re-invention" (newest Hollywood buzzword) of the TMNT's, in a live action film--like what was done with Batman. Back to basics, back to the origin and the intro of the Shredder, etc...there have been talks, trips to Northampton to talk to Mr Laird, and discussions with the original "first" TMNT film director Steve Barron to come back and do it right--but no official word yet...will keep you posted. Best, Kevin

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7635

" Back to basics, back to the origin and the intro of the Shredder, etc...there have been talks, trips to Northampton to talk to Mr Laird, and discussions with the original "first" TMNT film director Steve Barron to come back and do it right--but no official word yet..."

SWEET!!! I hope this does well.

If it done right, this may work. Hopefully the actors they get know the martial arts..

ragesRemorse
or, at least the guys in the suits

I thought that the Stunt men inside the suits during the first movie did an incredible job with the choreography.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
or, at least the guys in the suits

I thought that the Stunt men inside the suits during the first movie did an incredible job with the choreography.

They did, but I don't always want to see stuntmen all the time.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, but you don't know their stuntmen. Wouldn't you rather have an excellent voice actor and an excellent stuntman over a mediocre voice actor who is a decent stuntman as well? Personally i dont see the difference. When i watch the original turtles movie i'm watching the ninja turtles, not guys in suits...,if you know what i mean.

Kazenji
I'm sick of origin stories. Origin stories are so fuking boring.

Well since they are going back to the start they would have to do all the origin thing especally for people who are new to TMNT or else its gonna feel more like its for the fans if they skip the origin stuff.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah, but you don't know their stuntmen. Wouldn't you rather have an excellent voice actor and an excellent stuntman over a mediocre voice actor who is a decent stuntman as well? Personally i dont see the difference. When i watch the original turtles movie i'm watching the ninja turtles, not guys in suits...,if you know what i mean.

I see the difference in a stuntman as opposed to a voice actor. When watching the originals you knew the people walking around and fighting weren't the people talking. Personally if this is actually going to made I'm hoping the people inside the rubber suits and the voice actors are one the same. That would be better.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I see the difference in a stuntman as opposed to a voice actor. When watching the originals you knew the people walking around and fighting weren't the people talking.

how?

jcvaldez
there is Not going to be a new live action TMNT movie. It's been canned sorry to disappoint anyone. look it up on imdb.com, slashfilm.com and ign.com

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.