Dragonball: Evolution

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Resplendent
http://dbthemovie.com/

I was happy to see who they casted for the turtle hermit, but...Goku...why? No, that is not Goku. I'm probably going to go see it, but odds are, it'll be to be a heckler.

Is there any reason at all that I should not despise what they did with this?

MildPossession
Justin Chatwin, yum. smile

Dark-Jaxx
I don't care how hot he is, he has no business playing Goku IMO.

He at least should have worked out for the part.

Robtard
http://dbthemovie.com/images/screenshot/db4.jpg

This movie is going to suck frozen shit popsicles.

Dark-Jaxx
I hate to say it but you are probably right...

Bardock42
Pretty much.

Master Crimzon
Indeed.

BruceSkywalker
This film looks like the shiite I think it truly is. Every part was casted wrong

MildPossession
I have no idea what the DragonBallz thing was anyway, I remember seeing something on childrens' television a few years back?

Robtard
Originally posted by MildPossession
I have no idea what the DragonBallz thing was anyway, I remember seeing something on childrens' television a few years back?

Hahahahahahahaa, beware the wrath of the DBZ fanboys.

Master Crimzon
It's a 'classic' anime. I think it is best described as a bunch of steroid-munching superhumans talking pointlessly about how they are going to own their enemy, with it lasting for countless episodes- until, of course, the good guy gets a magical power up and beats the bad guy.

Yeah, it sucks when you watch it nowadays. And this movie is gonna blow, too.

MildPossession
Oo is that because I called it 'Childrens' Television', I just assumed it was because they showed it alongside Teletubbies and so on...

Impediment
I could never get into the DBZ anime. It was just a little corny for me.

Mairuzu
What a waste

Impediment
131wank

Dark-Jaxx
I just assumed it was because they showed it alongside Teletubbies and so on... No they didn't. no expression

And the manga is better than the anime, in that there isn't a full episode of screaming.

Robtard
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
And the manga is better than the anime, in that there isn't a full episode of screaming.

There's a full comic worth of screaming instead.

Bardock42
The Manga is awesome. One of the greatest pieces of literature ever. That movie doesn't seem to be living up...

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Robtard
There's a full comic worth of screaming instead. No there isn't.

Resplendent
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
This film looks like the shiite I think it truly is. Every part was casted wrong

Now the issue with casting, I wouldn't say that's the case. I can believe the turtle hermit and Chichi I can believe. But when they put a gun in the hands of Bulma, all I can think of is Lara Croft and several scenes where Bulma is expected to pose in some fan-service-y position to make up for the fact that they're going to completely destroy whatever good Dragonball had.

Note I say Dragonball. Not Dragonball Z. To me, Dragonball GT was somewhat tolerable.

Bardock42
The Dragonball Anime was quite good actually.

Dark-Jaxx
It was.

Robtard
Oh, come on now. I used to watch it years and years ago and I'll admit, I enjoyed it then. Looking back now, the stories were predictable and and the dialogue was horrible. The fighting, well that was shit too for the most part.

You'd have a good 7-8 episodes of nonsense leading up to the fight and then all you'd see is a bunch of squiggly lines (used to depict the uber-speeds) spotted in with stills of someone getting hit here and there.

Vegeta will always be my hero though.

Bardock42
Oh, come on now. I used to watch it years and years ago and I'll admit, I enjoyed it then. Looking back now, the stories were predictable and and the dialogue was horrible. The fighting, well that was shit too for the most part.

You'd have a good 7-8 episodes of nonsense leading up to the fight and then all you'd see is a bunch of squiggly lines (used to depict the uber-speeds) spotted in with stills of someone getting hit here and there.

Vegeta will always be my hero though. We are talking about Dragonball, be gone!

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
We are talking about Dragonball, be gone!

That was shit too, though at times it was funny in an odd cheesy way.

Bardock42
That was shit too, though at times it was funny in an odd cheesy way. LIAR. WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM!!!??!!

Robtard
LIAR. WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM!!!??!!

Like Dwight, I have a deep and abiding love for the system.

Dark-Jaxx
I personally still like DBZ and Dragonball. The mangas especially.

DBGT was penultimate shit though.

Menetnashté
Yeah this looks cheesy as crap. And why is Goku like 20...? He's 12 in the anime...

moviebuff1084
I personally still like DBZ and Dragonball. The mangas especially.

DBGT was penultimate shit though.

I agree, I was looking forward to the movie but then i saw the cast and wow did they mess that up.

Scythe
This is like one of those movies that people will see, and hate. Fanboys will see, and hate, BUT lie and say it was TEH HACKZZORZ AWZOMEZ!

Master Crimzon
I agree with Robtard. no expression

When it comes to this movie, I hope they make it as least faithful to the manga and anime as imaginable. To avoid ridiculousness.

Resplendent
Originally posted by Scythe
This is like one of those movies that people will see, and hate. Fanboys will see, and hate, BUT lie and say it was TEH HACKZZORZ AWZOMEZ! ...I can see this happening...then only egging on the company to put out another one just like it. I can only heckle so much...

Mairuzu
He put a rabbit and his Hench men on the moon...

then piccolo blew it up

MildPossession
They did stick out tongue

Resplendent
Originally posted by Mairuzu

then piccolo blew it up They were making candy too...what a waste of candy.

apoc001
I'm going to avoid watching this movie, because I know it's going to make me throw a tantrum and break something. I mean, Piccolo looks like a freaking vampire! How is this movie going to be entertaining? It's going to suck, and not even the fans will buy it.

Dark-Jaxx
They did stick out tongue Prove it. 131

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mairuzu

then piccolo blew it up I think Muten Roshi blew it up first.

MildPossession
If I could go back in time years ago and get the television schedule magazines we had, then I would stick out tongue

It was on in the morning during all the kids stuff, especially during the holidays.

Dark-Jaxx
If I could go back in time years ago and get the television schedule magazines we had, then I would stick out tongue

It was on in the morning during all the kids stuff, especially during the holidays. Well why can't you go back in time? Seems like you just don't have any proof to me. estahuh

Bardock42

It was on in the morning during all the kids stuff, especially during the holidays. You are talking about the Anime...not the Comic mhm

Menetnashté
So yeah Piccolo and his outfit look like the Green Goblin from the spider-man movie. Unfortunately even though I know this movie will be horrid in every way I'm to much of a fanboy to not go see it.

S_D_J
this movie will suck mayor BALLS

btw: I haven't seen piccolo, mind sharing a few pics?

Bardock42
http://dbthemovie.com/images/screenshot/db9mn2.jpg

I kinda like James Marsters. But that still looks dreadful.

Still, like, Mene, my ever name changing friend, I too, will watch it for nostalgic reasons.

Dark-Jaxx
Same here, I don't expect this to be good or even decent for that matter, but I just gotta go see it.

Kazenji

Sanctuary

I kinda like James Marsters. But that still looks dreadful.

Still, like, Mene, my ever name changing friend, I too, will watch it for nostalgic reasons.
What the ****. faint

Master Crimzon
Yeah, that isn't Piccolo.

I'm starting to get used to this new Goku, though.

Dark-Jaxx
Piccolo looks like an even cheaper knockoff of what would be a cheep Star Trek villain.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Yeah, that isn't Piccolo.

I'm starting to get used to this new Goku, though.
Really? I can't stand that outfit. Something about it just doesn't rub me right, maybe added to the fact that Justin Chatwin isn't built at all.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah that bothers me too.

Hugh Jackman worked out to play Wolverine, why doesn't Chatwin work out to play frickin Goku.

Master Crimzon

Robtard
Of all the things to complain about, you gay-sexuals ***** about a lack of muscles? The kid could have worked out and bulked up a bit; it's not going to change this movie sucking.

Dark-Jaxx
Of all the things to complain about, you gay-sexuals ***** about a lack of muscles? The kid could have worked out and bulked up a bit; it's not going to change this movie sucking. It totally fvcks up his look. That and the queero hair.

Piccolo looks like bearshit too.

So do his minions.

and well...Pretty much all the characters, the only real exception being Master Roshi who looks alright despite bearing nearly no resemblance to the character from the series.

And there is also the fact that trying to remake the series into a Live Action movie in general is a bad idea IMO.

Robtard
In the initial DBZ episodes, Goku wasn't that muscular/buff. He didn't start to gain a really muscular frame until after he died fighting his brother; he steadily become more muscular as the series went on.

Bardock42
In the initial DBZ episodes, Goku wasn't muscular/buff. He didn't start to gain a muscular frame until after he died fighting his brother; he steadily become more muscular as the series went on. He was pretty fat when he was a kid though.

Dark-Jaxx
He was still fairly built at the start of DBZ, not as much later in the series, but was still built.

Muchy moreso than Chatwin anyway.

Robtard
He was pretty fat when he was a kid though.

Why was he allowed to live then?

Robtard
He was still fairly built at the start of DBZ, not as much later in the series, but was still built.

Muchy moreso than Chatwin anyway.

Well, Chatwin is a weeny, I'll give you that. I'm just saying that muscles on that kid wouldn't make this movie suck less than I'm certain it will.

Dark-Jaxx
Muscles would at least make him look KINDA like Goku. Just a little bit.

Bardock42
Why was he allowed to live then? He's kinda like the Kingpin. What looks like fat is actually pure muscle.

Dark-Jaxx
Goku wasn't fat when he was a kid.

Hell...as a kid he was STILL more ripped than Chatwin. laughing out loud

Bardock42
Goku wasn't fat when he was a kid.

Hell...as a kid he was STILL more ripped than Chatwin. laughing out loud

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3b/Gokukidadult.jpg/200px-Gokukidadult.jpg

Oh come on, look at little chubby. He was a s kid wider than he's going to be as adult.

Dark-Jaxx
His gi makes him look that way, but shirtless he was not that fat. Not cut either, but not fat.

Goku at maximum size as an adult was much bigger than in that pic as well.

Also, Goku is behind Kid Goku in that pic.

More flab as a kid? Yeah, baby fat and whatnot.

But not really fat.

But even in that pic he is buffer than Chatwin, and I mean both Goku's are. haermm

Scythe

Ahaha, epic fail!

Dark-Jaxx
See, here is the thing they are doing that is making the movie suck most of allm they are trying to modernize it and are making an effort to make it more realistic, which totally fvcks up Dragonball.

Menetnashté
See, here is the thing they are doing that is making the movie suck most of allm they are trying to modernize it and are making an effort to make it more realistic, which totally fvcks up Dragonball.
Yeah, the director or whoever said that Goku is starting off in Highschool. First of all this isn't F'n spider-man. Second of all Goku is too flippin' stupid to get to highschool. I'm just glad they haven't had the chance to mess up Vegeta yet.

Scythe

Dark-Jaxx
If we are lucky, this movie will get no sequel.

Scythe
If we are lucky, this movie will get no sequel. Trust me, if the Resident Evil franchise and Bloodrayne movie have sequels, this will get it.

Dark-Jaxx
That's true, the only positive aspect of the RE movies was Milla Jovovitch naked, if Bulma gets nekkid in this movie, we are screwed.

Scythe
*Shudders*

Menetnashté
They will...
Well if they got Hugh Jackman or maybe Christian Bale to play Vegeta, I think I'd be satisfied with either of them. Might be a long shot but I think Bale could pull it off. And then maybe like Vin Diesel as Nappa, even though I loathe Vin Diesel I think he'd make a good Nappa. But no, y'know what's going to happen? Vegeta is going to be portrayed by Shia Lebeouf and Nappa is going to be played by Michael Clarke Duncan.

cruel jedi
I am a anime head and love all types of anime and DBZ is probably my most favourite but i can unfortunately say:
this film is going to be shite! DBZ is dead now and they should just let it rest.

RIP DBZ sad

Menetnashté
I was hating it at first but It's growing on me.

cruel jedi
erm

Menetnashté
I dunno just looks very forbidden Kingdom esque to me. So I figure it'll be cheesy but the action will probably be good. And I've started to like Piccolo's appearance to an extent. I'm sure about everyone else will hate and bash it but frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

mr.smiley
This movie should be good for a laugh or two. no expression

Bardock42

Wei Phoenix
Why the hell isn't Piccolo being played by a black man? I swear S.L.J. would've been a way better Piccolo.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Why the hell isn't Piccolo being played by a black man? I swear S.L.J. would've been a way better Piccolo. What the f**k?

Wei Phoenix
What the f**k?

Are you not familiar with the fact that Piccolo was a black man in the show? I have proof that Namekians were the black race!

Bardock42
Are you not familiar with the fact that Piccolo was a black man in the show? I have proof that Namekians were the black race! Nah

Wei Phoenix
ok. First of all if you watched american dub then notice the tone of his voice. Really matches a black man's voice. Out of everyone in the whole series he always died and had the worst death or just got utterly raped, even though he did whoop ass too. He was always the wise one that was usually angry. Namekians were basically enslaved by Frieza after he came to take their most precious resource. Most were killed off and forced off of their home. Other things that aren't coming to mind because I'm tired.

Bardock42
ok. First of all if you watched american dub then notice the tone of his voice. Really matches a black man's voice. Out of everyone in the whole series he always died and had the worst death or just got utterly raped, even though he did whoop ass too. He was always the wise one that was usually angry. Namekians were basically enslaved by Frieza after he came to take their most precious resource. Most were killed off and forced off of their home. Other things that aren't coming to mind because I'm tired.

American dub proves nothing. Prove it from the Manga, please.

And the Namekians weren't enslaved, what the hell have you been waqtching? Also, how did he get the worst deaths? Your point makes little sense.

Wei Phoenix
American dub proves nothing. Prove it from the Manga, please.

And the Namekians weren't enslaved, what the hell have you been waqtching? Also, how did he get the worst deaths? Your point makes little sense.

I said basically enslaved. I can't prove a voice from a manga. Nappa killed him badly. He had the worst death in the saiyan saga. by worst I don't mean something like it was a stupid death, I mean that he got it the worst out of all of them. Frieza basically tortured him in his 3rd form. In the movies, though non-canonical he got his ass beat the worst. Broly punted his ass then blasted him after a beating.

Plenty black people associate Piccolo as a black person. Seriously ask some of your black friends and they may agree.

Scythe
This movie will end up looking like my sig.

(A spider-man power rangeresque sig from 1978 in case i changed it)

cruel jedi
Dbz will be destroyed! i dont think i can bring my self to watch sad

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by cruel jedi
Dbz will be destroyed! i dont think i can bring my self to watch sad

Are you kidding me? This movie is going to rock! *looks at a pale green piccolo* This is going to be a good solid movie! *notices Chatwin is Goku* This movie will be...interesting.

Dark-Jaxx
Why the hell isn't Piccolo being played by a black man? I swear S.L.J. would've been a way better Piccolo. Okay now I love Sammy J but...

Come on. no expression

Bardock42
I said basically enslaved. I can't prove a voice from a manga. Nappa killed him badly. He had the worst death in the saiyan saga. by worst I don't mean something like it was a stupid death, I mean that he got it the worst out of all of them. Frieza basically tortured him in his 3rd form. In the movies, though non-canonical he got his ass beat the worst. Broly punted his ass then blasted him after a beating.

Plenty black people associate Piccolo as a black person. Seriously ask some of your black friends and they may agree. I don't associate with blacks.

But his voice is not prove of the intentions of the author. I doubt he had much to do with the choice in the American Dub. And I don't know about Picollo having the worst death. Especially as he choose to die by saving Gohan. Personally I find Yamcha's and Krillins worse.

Robtard

There were/are two (English) voice actors that did the voice for Piccolo; both men where Caucasian, the first was an Australian, the second an American, so not so sure there was an intended "black voice" for Piccolo as you claim.

The rest of what you claimed, worst death, enslaved etc. is just shit and the series is there to prove it.

Wei Phoenix
Okay now I love Sammy J but...

Come on. no expression

Yeah I know, but he is in every other movie so why not? Seriously I do think he should've been played by a black man.

Wei Phoenix
I don't associate with blacks.

But his voice is not prove of the intentions of the author. I doubt he had much to do with the choice in the American Dub. And I don't know about Picollo having the worst death. Especially as he choose to die by saving Gohan. Personally I find Yamcha's and Krillins worse.

Ok, I'm gonna assume that you meant that in a non-racist way. I know AT more than likely had no intentions of making him a black person and he had no say so over the VAs. I'm not saying that the manga or japanese version resembles a black man. I'm saying that the American version. I find it that Yamcha had one of the better ones. He just exploded. Piccolo got blasted and just stood there and took it for Gohan and struggled to look back at Gohan as he takes the blast. Piccolo suffered, Yamcha didn't.

Bardock42
Ok, I'm gonna assume that you meant that in a non-racist way.

Please don't.

I know AT more than likely had no intentions of making him a black person and he had no say so over the VAs. I'm not saying that the manga or japanese version resembles a black man. I'm saying that the American version. I find it that Yamcha had one of the better ones. He just exploded. Piccolo got blasted and just stood there and took it for Gohan and struggled to look back at Gohan as he takes the blast. Piccolo suffered, Yamcha didn't.

Hmm, is arguable. Still I don't really see what would make it particularly reasonable to cast a black man as Piccolo.

Wei Phoenix
There were/are two (English) voice actors that did the voice for Piccolo; both men where Caucasian, the first was an Australian, the second an American, so not so sure there was an intended "black voice" for Piccolo as you claim.

The rest of what you claimed, worst death, enslaved etc. is just shit and the series is there to prove it.

So I guess it's impossible for a white man to do a black voice? Worst death is all about opinion so you can't really say I'm wrong. Also I said they were like slaves.

Frieza came to Namek, killed all who opposed him, made them give him the dragonballs, forced them to do whatever he said basically, killed most of them off. They had to do whatever he said or they would die. If that's not LIKE a slave then I don't know what is.

Wei Phoenix
Please don't.

Hmm, is arguable. Still I don't really see what would make it particularly reasonable to cast a black man as Piccolo.

Really? You should hang out with a few black people. They're grrrrrrrrrrreat!

Bardock42
So I guess it's impossible for a white man to do a black voice? Worst death is all about opinion so you can't really say I'm wrong. Also I said they were like slaves.

Frieza came to Namek, killed all who opposed him, made them give him the dragonballs, forced them to do whatever he said basically, killed most of them off. They had to do whatever he said or they would die. If that's not LIKE a slave then I don't know what is. Actually, he didn't really made them do what he said, he just made them give him the Dragonballs then killed them. That's not like slavery...that's...like threatening someone to do something then killing them.

Also, what's a "black voice" in your opinion. He doesn't sound like Tyrone Biggums or anything.

Dark-Jaxx
Nigga please.

Wei Phoenix

Also, what's a "black voice" in your opinion. He doesn't sound like Tyrone Biggums or anything.

You're right because Tyrone Biggums sounds like a crackhead. A black voice doesn't have to be all deep and brody, but you can sense it with the attitude and overall tone. Think Michael Clarke Duncan, that's a black voice, I think with enough training he could possibly do a decent piccolo voice. Am I saying he should play him? Hell no way too big for that roll.

Robtard
Piccolo doesn't sound like Michael Clark Duncan.

Wei Phoenix
Piccolo doesn't sound like Michael Clark Duncan.

Good thing I didn't say he does.

Wei Phoenix
Nigga please.

Tahaha Nigga hush yo mouth.

Robtard
Good thing I didn't say he does.

You said Piccolo has a "black voice" and you used Michael Clark Duncan as an example of what a "black voice" sounds like, so yeah, you implied it, or at least implied they were comparable.

Wei Phoenix
You forgot the part where I said with training and practice he could do a decent one. You are right though one example of a black voice means that all black voices sound alike. MCD sounds like every other black guy.

Robtard
You forgot the part where I said with training and practice he could do a decent one. You are right though one example of a black voice means that all black voices sound alike. MCD sounds like every other black guy.

I didn't forget it, it was just an illogical comment. You said Piccolo is supposed to be black, based on his "black voice" (and a few other "facts" of yours), then you brought up MCD as an example of a "black voice", why would he need to practice to do a "black voice" for Piccolo, if he already has a "black voice"?

Wei Phoenix
Because there isn't one type of black voice just like there isn't one type of white voice, just like there isn't one type of asian, hispanic or middle-eastern voice. I don't even know why you're arguing about this. It's not like I said he should play him anyway. This is getting off topic so I'm gonna end it here. If you want to continue then we can discuss this through pms.

Robtard
Which begs the question, which specific "black voice" should MCD be able to voice with practice if he were to voice Piccolo?

I'm arguing? Just me? You're the one who brought "black voices" in regards to Piccolo into the thread. But sure, ended.

Dark-Jaxx
Tahaha Nigga hush yo mouth. Racist.

Wei Phoenix
Racist.

Impossible. Well Uncle Rukus is my idol and all. I have the same dark ailment as he.

MildPossession
http://dbthemovie.com/2008/10/02/dragonball-trailers/#more-866

Trailer.

Myth
Looks like shit. I won't be seeing it.

BruceSkywalker
http://dbthemovie.com/2008/10/02/dragonball-trailers/#more-866

Trailer.

I like Jamie Ching and Emmy Rossum, but this isn't worth seeing for free

Scythe
This looks so bad...

Menetnashté
This looks so bad...
It's probably going to end up sucking but no one has seen enough yet to really bash it. We've seen some pictures and a trailer that wasn't meant to be released because it wasn't finished yet.

Scythe
I have. The fact that this exists period is enough to make me dislike it. I rarely watched DBZ, let alone care enough for a movie. I would've actually like a CG animated movie, even a really well done animated movie than this.

Bardock42
Dunno, if that trailer is even in parts true it seems like they threw everything over board which made Dragonball unique, hilarious and great. Judging from pictures, the trailer, and what was written about it, it's just going to be a standard actiofn movie, maybe it's going to be good at that, I don't know, but it won't be good for the reason Dragonball was awesome.

Toku King
This looks so bad...

Seconded. I never liked DBZ, so I feel really, really bad for DBZ fans.
But maybe it'll be like "Transformers" and surprise everyone(then again, the "Transformers" trailer was badass, but who knows)?

cruel jedi
I've seen the trailer and some of the screen shots and it looks ****ing shit but i am a mega DBZ fan and will have to go see it sad

Menetnashté
Originally posted by cruel jedi
I've seen the trailer and some of the screen shots and it looks ****ing shit but i am a mega DBZ fan and will have to go see it sad
trailer is unfinished it was leaked. the real trailer comes out dec. 12th

tom_servo
Wasn't Justin Chatwin in The Forbidden Kingdom?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by tom_servo
Wasn't Justin Chatwin in The Forbidden Kingdom?
Nah I'm almost positive he wasn't though from what I've seen this movie resembles forbidden Kingdom.

MarvelPartyMan
i was a fan of the great dragonball series and to see this trailer i am no longer a fan. Fox has destroyed the series.

Bardock42
Originally posted by MarvelPartyMan
i was a fan of the great dragonball series and to see this trailer i am no longer a fan. Fox has destroyed the series. Oh come on.

The movie has no bearing on the excellence of the Anime.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by MarvelPartyMan
i was a fan of the great dragonball series and to see this trailer i am no longer a fan. Fox has destroyed the series.
Wow that wasn't melodramatic at all. First of all as I've stated several times the trailer IS NOT DONE. And besides that what does it even matter? The Super Mario movie was ten times worse than this could ever be and I don't loathe Mario now.

mr.smiley
AICN has the first review of the film up.Don't know if it's been posted here yet,but from what I read it gives me a lot of hope.He said it was an almost finished version,but was the basic meat and potatoes of the film.
The guy gave it a 6.5 out of 10,but the reasons he gave for not liking it seemed a bit ridiculous to me.
Here's hoping most of what he said was true.

kunglu
I've been a huge Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z fan since I picked up the manga in Japan in 1991. What I'm hoping for is a good action movie based on the Dragon Ball stories. Wanting for an exact duplication of DB and DBZ is not very realistic. But imagine the Wachowski brothers doing the Freezer and Cell sagas!

Placidity
Chi Chi is hot.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Placidity
Chi Chi is hot.
You mean mai? lol

First_Tsurugi06
Yeah that bothers me too.

Hugh Jackman worked out to play Wolverine, why doesn't Chatwin work out to play frickin Goku.

That's not even the only example--Jake Gyllenhal (of all people) worked out for the upcoming Prince of Persia film (he says he's gonna let himself get fat after it's done with though). I mean, if they weren't gonna have Chatwin work out extensively to fit the character, they could've just gotten...I don't know, the guy from Smallville or something...

Originally posted by Menetnashté
Nah I'm almost positive he wasn't though from what I've seen this movie resembles forbidden Kingdom.

You're right, it wasn't Justin Chatwin in Forbidden Kingdom. I forgot the kid's name, but I always recognize him as a nerdy(er)-looking version of Shia LeBeouf.

Actually, it's a funny coincidence about Dragonball and the Forbidden Kingdom. They both have to do with the Chinese myth "Journey to the West" (TFK acts as a prologue of sorts, DB is based on the myth).

Vvendeta
http://dbthemovie.com/2008/12/10/full-trailer-now-online/

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo4t8PeqJ6E&eurl=http://dbthemovie.com/2008/12/10/full-trailer-now-online/

I think the history is, Piccolo and 6 monks create the DB, then for some reason they put Piccolo inprison and now he secksrevenge against earth

Bardock42
There is a thread on this already:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t492240.html

To me it looks pretty dreadful. It seems like they have lost what made dragonball great. This just looks like a random action movie.

MildPossession
and there was a trailer already in that original thread.

Vvendeta
Is there because is the first manga made movie, but i tough the trailer deserve to be in a movie discusion for persons that are no fan of the manga

SnakeEyes
Absolutely shitty.

Toku King
Why do I get the feeling that the kid playing Goku is going to have the most wooden acting this side of Hayden Christensen?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Vvendeta
http://dbthemovie.com/2008/12/10/full-trailer-now-online/

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo4t8PeqJ6E&eurl=http://dbthemovie.com/2008/12/10/full-trailer-now-online/

I think the history is, Piccolo and 6 monks create the DB, then for some reason they put Piccolo inprison and now he secksrevenge against earth

This still looks like total shiite

ragesRemorse
The Manga is awesome. One of the greatest pieces of literature ever.

wow dude, thats sayin somethin

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Placidity
Chi Chi is hot.

yep

Here are some posters...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/dragonballnews.php?id=7901

Placidity

AC/DC'S_LVR
its gonna suck major balls
but im gonna see it anyway cause i still love DBZ

SMIFF-N-WESSON
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR

I concur with everything you said except that I refuse to watch this so- called movie.

The choice for Goku (Kakarot) is atrocious and Ive already seen how jacked up the story is going to be.

Whats even funnier is the fact that everyone is asain except the main character. If thats the case, why couldn't Goku be asain or at least African.

Ive read people fighting about this and I say this...if Goku is an alien, why is he caucasian? or is that how all aliens look?

Last I checked, aliens tried to kill Sigourney Weaver and they looked pretty sick.

Vvendeta
Official site an the trailer that will appear in USA, is shorter than the Japanese's, but higher quality
http://www.dragonballthemovie.com/

Vinny Valentine
This movie raped my childhood.

Altar[1stONE]
The movies balls are inert

Scythe
Originally posted by SMIFF-N-WESSON
I concur with everything you said except that I refuse to watch this so- called movie.

The choice for Goku (Kakarot) is atrocious and Ive already seen how jacked up the story is going to be.

Whats even funnier is the fact that everyone is asain except the main character. If thats the case, why couldn't Goku be asain or at least African.

Ive read people fighting about this and I say this...if Goku is an alien, why is he caucasian? or is that how all aliens look?

Last I checked, aliens tried to kill Sigourney Weaver and they looked pretty sick.

ZOMG, lyke, Superman is lyke, totally caucasian!

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR

I'm kinda in the same boat. I love the db, especially the dbz series more that any other anime show series, especially the cell saga, but I dunno if it'll suck. it may..goku looks like something outta "one tree hill" and marsters picollo looks just wrong. but i'm still gonna see it just cause it's dragonball, cause I love it, and I wanna see how this recreation happens.

I hope it does good. I hope it doesn't go the way of the "Fist of the North Star" live action movie.

I remember watching the "Matrix Revolutions" in theatres in 'o4 and viewing the final fight in between neo and smith and thinking "ok, a dragonballZ fight in a movie can be finally made well" with the way those 2 were fighting.

dadudemon
The movie doesn't look that bad. I don't know why you guys are whining so much.

If you go to the movie while not focusing on what was, then the movie will be much more awesome. It looks like I would rate it a 6 out of 10..maybe a 7 out of 10. Can't be that bad.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
The movie doesn't look that bad. I don't know why you guys are whining so much.

If you go to the movie while not focusing on what was, then the movie will be much more awesome. It looks like I would rate it a 6 out of 10..maybe a 7 out of 10. Can't be that bad.

But you have, at times, revolting taste in movies.

The movie doesn't look "good" by any means. It looks like a mix of "Wanted" and "Spider - Man" with Dragonball references plastered on it....there's likely no way it's going to be better than those two, already mediocre, movies. If anything it might be a decent, dumb, action film, you could watch while surfing the internet and getting a blowjob...lets hope it is that...(especially the bj part).

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>