Tenten > Genin Kunoichi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
Tenten gets dissed a lot.
But at least in the Chunin Exams, she was the strognest of all the Leaf ninja gals.

Here's Tenten fighting Temari:
CoekSPEJJ3g

So let's start at the bottom-

1. Sakura

Now Sakura epitomizes uselessness. In around 100 episodes of being a main character she accomplished nothing except to walk up a tree. When it came to fights she had as much use as one of those tadpoles Naruto summoned.
Tenten, even while rapestomped, did more.

Sakura's and Ino's fight:
UlMoZMP8x7k

So she's got basic academy jutsu and the mild speed- boost from chakra control. Enough to avoid the spam of pointy death? Not even close.

Her kunai aim throwing isn't going to do anything and aside from that she only has close-range combat which won't work as she'll be skewered before she gets close.

2. ino
(yes Ino was better than Sakura...it was only her wasting chakra pitying Sakura and Naruto shouting that allowed the tie)

Ino has the neat hair trick and Mind Transfer but neither is going to be accomplished before she's literally nailed to the floor.

3. Hinata
Now Tenten's only real challenge...though some overrate the power of the Byakugan.
Unlike her superior Neji, Hinata possesses no special defense from her bloodline limit. She can not utilize the ultimate defense to ward off any attack by spinning really fast. She's just as open as any other ninja who isn't gifted with special defense. This leaves her only option for victory attack. The Hyuga way is deadly no doubt but it's limited. She'll have to get close to make a hit before Tenten unleashes her Rising Twin Dragons and while she may be capable of that it's not a majority of the time IMO.
Also take into account Tenten is on the team of a Byakugan user. There can be no doubt her witnessing how a true master of that technique uses it will be effective in fighting Hinata.

So my personal verdict is:
Wins over Sakura 10/10.
Wins over Ino 10/10.
Wins over Hinata 5/10

What do you all think?

King Kandy
It sounds plausible, but the others have advanced and Tenten seems to have been left behind.

Pyron_Knight
That's sadly true. Sakura of course is becoming Mini-Tsunade so she's definitely above Tenten now. As for Ino and Hinata I'm not really sure. I only started to follow the manga recently and it went from Pein/Jiraiya to Itachi/Sasuke to Sasuke and Hachibi. oh and Naruto's sage training.

Kento
Sakura may have the strength but she's still a worthless fighter and TenTen spamming weapon jutsu would beat her. Ino just sucks. As for Hinata..she'd loose 10/10 also. She can't do the kaiten that I know of so she isn't going to deflect a barrage of weapons. Plus TenTen was a skilled fighter longer than any of them. Just because she's been pushed even farther back from the spotlight doesn't mean she hasn't improved the same with all of Team Gai.

Pyron_Knight
Fair enough then.
Would you happen to know who this is?
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6615/dudexl2.jpg

I got the image from this tribute video:
fhzpPlTUN18

He's in a lot of Tenten tribute vid sso I gues she fought him but I have no idea who he is.
Or maybe it's a shel. Dunno.

Kento
Isn't that the guy who is (anime only so it's non-canon) one of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist? I've not seen anything after VotE for myself though but I believe that's who that is. Could be wrong.

Pyron_Knight
Hm. Well I'll checka nd see if anyone else I know who likes Naruto knows.
And anime isn't non-canon. The concept of manga is only canon is fanmade and I have never once acknowledged a fan trying to make a decision they simply have no authority on.

Nevertheless I usually stick to actual story elements taken from the manga and avoid the pure anime filler unless of course the filler is better than the manga parts. That can happen.

Pyron_Express
Yeah, it's Kurosuki Raiga. He had a lightning sword or something like that.

Kento
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Hm. Well I'll checka nd see if anyone else I know who likes Naruto knows.
And anime isn't non-canon. The concept of manga is only canon is fanmade and I have never once acknowledged a fan trying to make a decision they simply have no authority on.

Nevertheless I usually stick to actual story elements taken from the manga and avoid the pure anime filler unless of course the filler is better than the manga parts. That can happen. But he's in nothing but filler episodes..And the studio making the story themselves would basically be like fanfiction since Kishi has nothing to do with it. It's just up to pass the time while Kishi tries to stay ahead of the anime. Granted their are like 4 unknown of the seven and out of the 4 we've seen we don't know anything about 1 of them (and not my math isn't bad) so he may come in later if at all but right now he's basically just a non-canon character.

NonSensi-Klown
I don't think Sakura Post-TS would lose to ten-Ten, even when she wasn't attached to Chiyo's chakra strigners her reflexes were incredible in that fight. have you watched the animated fight yet? Sakura's H2H skills are far better than tsunades?

Nemari
i love tenten
they should put her in more fights where she doesn't lose or become some helper to other fighters

psycho gundam
all the rookie 9 are chuunin except for naruto, neji and shikamaru are jonin.

Kento
Shikamaru is still a chunnin.

And what episode is it that has Sakura showing off her skills against Sasori?

Wil7
Originally posted by psycho gundam
all the rookie 9 are chuunin except for naruto, neji and shikamaru are jonin.

Shikamaru is still a chuunin. Only Neji moved up to a jounin.

NonSensi-Klown
Episodes 20-27.

In episode 24 Sakura starts fighting the third kazekage (punching the giant iron thing around and dodging and stuff), and Chiyo states Sakura was doing good even though she wasn't using the chakra strings.

Episode 26 she helps fight an arrmy of puppets and dodges tons without the strings.

She dodges an attack that moved fast enough to be fird from the ground, and cut a cloud in the air in half less than a second later, without the strings.

An attack that can go from the ground to a cloud in less than a second is godly speed.

Apparently Tsunade taught her out to read patterns and avoid attacks. It's a forte.

She's pretty smart, too. Maybe Temari level intellect.

Kento
Wow. I am impressed. She looks a lot more skilled in the anime than the manga. Anime Sakura could probably dodge TenTen's attacks.

NonSensi-Klown
Yeah, she's pretty crazy in the anime. It's easier to appreciate her skills with a moving image. I was thinking about making a RESPEK video about her. I'm assuming you watched the episodes?

Kento
Yea I watched like to episode 20 to 24 before I asked. Didn't realize it was so close to where Sasori unleashed his puppet army when I did so. Then I watched episode 26. That water jet from Sasori's hand should have been in the manga. That was cool.

NonSensi-Klown
Yeah, if there's any reason to watch the anime, it's to see the fight scenes.

Dark-Jaxx
Stfu

NonSensi-Klown
That's what she said.

Dark-Jaxx
And my response:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x131/Nellyfly/Demotivation/poster69421433.jpg

NonSensi-Klown
And this is mine:

J2avdf289OY

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
And this is mine:

J2avdf289OY Seen it.

NonSensi-Klown
I have that picture you posted on my photoucket. Have for almost a year.

Ha.

Dark-Jaxx
No you don't.

Yours says," Domestic Violence, Because a man shouldn't have to repeat himself."

Mine did not say that. smile

NonSensi-Klown
I have both, noob. Always have. smile

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Kento
Wow. I am impressed. She looks a lot more skilled in the anime than the manga. Anime Sakura could probably dodge TenTen's attacks. took you long enough to watch it in it's entirety, now you can't hate on sakura so much.

NonSensi-Klown
I think even ehr manga version is impressive.

As far as speed and dodging and strength and such, only a small fraction of what went on in the anime didn't happen in the manga.

Kento
Originally posted by psycho gundam
took you long enough to watch it in it's entirety, now you can't hate on sakura so much. Yea..this thread reminded me to watch it.

But I guess you're right. She's definitely has some skills.
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I think even ehr manga version is impressive.

As far as speed and dodging and strength and such, only a small fraction of what went on in the anime didn't happen in the manga. But most of what happened anime only was Sakura's skills though. It doesn't really show her dodging really in the manga. And the whole spinning iron sand thing. Which was actually pretty cool. The only time the manga really shows her dodging is when Chiyo is doing it against the needles. Chiyo says she's impressive when she punches the iron sand block. But that didn't really have to do with dodging skills.

NonSensi-Klown
Well, they show some of it, fighting the puppets etc. I guess they just lengthened it.

Also, when Sakura is helping fight Sasori's 100 puppets and everything after that, the antidote had already worn off. So she was fighting while poisoned.

Pretty crazy.

Kento
What I don't get is shouldn't a antidote not make her poisoned again unless she's hit again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.