Gah! Help!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Okay, since nobody ever visits the Computer Help forum and I am going absolutely crazy because Google has turned up nothing...

I played one of my computer games on my laptop. Older game, Call of Duty, ran the multiplayer on my system. It's a brand new Hewlett-Packet laptop running Vista.

When I turned off the game, my screen had been bleached. It is not the brightness settings or display settings. However, everything is extra bright.

It goes away when I shut down the laptop and start it up, but then returns as soon as the Vista sidebar shows up (the one with the clock and the headlines and such).

Can anyone help me fix this? This is the second laptop that this has happened to (both were the same model). This is supposed to be a laptop that can play games incredibly well and it did not bleach the first time I used it.

Captain REX
Oddly, it also goes away when I run Call of Duty again. CoD is apparently malfunctioning because the laptop is saying it has stopped responding... and then it returns me to a normal screen once it is done shutting it off. I can go back to the bleached screen if I do the same process (turn on CoD, watch it shut off), and then I can again go back to a normal screen.

What the hell?

Mairuzu
Wake up donnie

Captain REX
Shall I prepare the ban-stick for the unhelpful?

Mairuzu
If you want... then again... this IS the off topic forum

apoc001
True. We can say anything non-threatening we want. Mebbe your computer's just too fast? Does your laptop have compatibility mode? I don't know.

What do you want from me!?Happy Dance

Röland
I don't know the exact fix for your problem with the gamma level Rex, but maybe try to update your monitor drivers, hopefully someone will help you out more.

The problem with CoD experiencing problems when trying to run or when running is probably the age of CoD. I've heard that Vista isn't doing well with running older games.

Peach
CoD's probably not compatible with Vista, since it's old.

Kosta

Jbill311

Bardock42
Originally posted by Captain REX
Okay, since nobody ever visits the Computer Help forum and I am going absolutely crazy because Google has turned up nothing...

I played one of my computer games on my laptop. Older game, Call of Duty, ran the multiplayer on my system. It's a brand new Hewlett-Packet laptop running Vista.

When I turned off the game, my screen had been bleached. It is not the brightness settings or display settings. However, everything is extra bright.

It goes away when I shut down the laptop and start it up, but then returns as soon as the Vista sidebar shows up (the one with the clock and the headlines and such).

Can anyone help me fix this? This is the second laptop that this has happened to (both were the same model). This is supposed to be a laptop that can play games incredibly well and it did not bleach the first time I used it. Format computer. Put XP on it.

Except for that, maybe you exit Call of Duty badly? Or Vista is just a *****. I have really no experience with Vista, beyond realizing that if I want to be raped in the ass I can have it cheaper.

chillmeistergen
Get rid of Vista. Why ever get it, anyway?

Peach
Because Microsoft is going to stop supporting XP and new stuff is going to be made for Vista?

Seems a good reason to me.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Peach
Because Microsoft is going to stop supporting XP and new stuff is going to be made for Vista?

Seems a good reason to me. Doesn't seem like a good reason yet. Especially with the many, many negative aspects you will have to live for now. XP is for most people mor than sufficient, if not even much, much better.

Personally I'll probably just wait for Windows 7. Then again. Ubuntu gets more and more of a reasonable alternative, maybe I'll just say goodbye to Windwos alltogether.

Clovie
Jordan, the answer is EASY.

CoD is not cooperating with vista. end of story, you can do nothing about it.

stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by Clovie
Jordan, the answer is EASY.

CoD is not cooperating with vista. end of story, you can do nothing about it.

stick out tongue Well, maybe he can do something about it. At least in XP, you could run programs with earlier compatabilities. So maybe if that's still possible and you select XP it might work. Otherwise maybe a Virtual Machine where you could run a version of windows or a version of Linux with Wine...that probably can play COD as well. Thirdly, maybe thinking about running a double operating system. And fourth, kicking Vista. I think there are about 7 people in the world today that actually need Vista, if you aren't one of them I really wouldn't bother, though, I guess, it can be a bit of a bother on Laptops, with all the drivers you need and what not.

Captain REX
I figured as much, as far as CoD being incompatible. My problem now is that Vista will not stop whitewashing the screen and it only un-whitewashes when I try running CoD (which says that it is unable to run).

I am loathe to delete CoD without an alternative way to unbleach the colors. It bleaches every time the laptop turns on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.