Starkillers earlier missions?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
Before the game?

GenomeFrozener
Buying some Food for Vader.

jaden101
touching kids

Lt. Valerian
I'm pretty sure REX will close this.

truejedi
anybody else notice that Starkiller kills another Jedi in the novel that he doesn't kill in the comic book? so can we finally throw comic books out as lies? please????

Tangible God
Originally posted by Nactous
Before the game? Yes? Well go on, what else what were you going to say?

Gideon
Originally posted by truejedi
anybody else notice that Starkiller kills another Jedi in the novel that he doesn't kill in the comic book? so can we finally throw comic books out as lies? please????

Err... what do you have against the comic?

Jbill311
Originally posted by truejedi

I like that Idea.

p.s. Why do I always capitalize the letter 'i' in the word 'idea'?

Gideon
Originally posted by Gideon
Err... what do you have against the comic?

truejedi
not just that comic, its all comics masquerading as canon. They take away details! i heard someone claiming the other day that we know that DE Sidious "owned" Luke, because in one picture luke and sidious are getting ready to fight, and in the next luke is flat on his back. Now i'm sorry, call me a bit cynical, but i would need a little more proof than that to say what happened inbetween the panels. For all we know, luke and sidious fought for an hour and half. I mean, doesn't TFU comic prove that? if they can skip an entire two day mission, why couldn't they skip an hour long fight between sidious and luke?
Comics also overpower the characters. They create things like force storms. They invent force enhancing tattoos. They use amulets... I mean, they take a perfectly good universe and tries to turn it into pokemon or something.
I don't like the cartoons either, for almost the same reason. Yoda picking up ships from the seperatists and crushing them together was stupid, so was mace fighting hand to hand with hundreds of battle droids. It was just stupid. If lucas got up one morning, and decided to tell us that all comics and cartoons are no longer canon, then it'd be a happy day for me.

Enyalus
Well, because in TFU they skip an entire mission, but in DE they show a battle in one panel...it just ends in the next.

What I most hated about DE was the continual emphasis they put on "being a Jedi," Jedi wanking, and the fact that Han Solo wasn't a Jedi and would never understand how cool being a Jedi was.

Captain REX
Er, Dark Empire started as a comic book. That is an entirely different circumstance, as opposed to translating a video game into a comic book.

In any case, Starkiller's missions before the game do not exist yet, and I hope it stays that way. TFU follows the PT mentality; lots of pretty colors and graphics, but little dramatic substance. And then, on top of it, it lacks intelligence and is mostly dumb as far as plot goes... as far as I'm concerned.

Valerian was right. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.