Freakin Snowboarding!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wittig
So i wish that it would just snow already...

Wittig
Yup...

DigiMark007
Yup.

Wittig
You board?

forumcrew
I used to a lot, but unfortunately I havnt been a lot recently. In fact last season was the first time in about 6 years I didnt go at all during the season.

in fact it has a lot to do with where my account namecame from..

http://www.snowboarding.com/products/forum/Forum-logo.gif

Smasandian
I dont board, but I ski.

Got my night pass for some Quebec skiing, and hopefully make a trip out to Jay Peak for a couple of days. Went last year, it was awesome. Hopefully doing it again if my wife and I get the cash.

chillmeistergen
I've done it a bit, it's alright.

Wittig
Skiing is gay.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Smasandian
I dont board, but I ski.

Got my night pass for some Quebec skiing, and hopefully make a trip out to Jay Peak for a couple of days. Went last year, it was awesome. Hopefully doing it again if my wife and I get the cash.

Ever been to Mt Tremblant?

Originally posted by Wittig
Skiing is gay.

And thats why a lot of skiiers have a negative view of snowboarding, because of morons like you.

Wittig
Originally posted by forumcrew
Ever been to Mt Tremblant?

And thats why a lot of skiiers have a negative view of snowboarding, because of morons like you.

Skiing's still gay...

Smasandian
Yeah, twice.

I dont like it at all. The mountain is alright, overrated as hell. There is ice everywhere (coming from north of Montreal, your looking at temps ranging from -25C to -15C all the time. A ton of people skiiing and the majority of them are assholes.

Pretentious as hell also.
For example, my wife and I were on the lift with another person (3 chair) and he was decked out on all the high end stuff. Anyways, shes a boarder and the drop was pretty high so she stumbled a bit. She didnt fall, or go off in a crazy direction but her board slightly touches his skiis. He starts swearing and starts skiiing off looking at his skiis to see if she scratched them or something.

There's no reason for that. I understand you want to keep the skiis in good conditition, but who gives a **** about the top of ski, its the bottem that matters. ****, your skiiing on a mountain, your going to get them scratched.

Jay Peak doesnt have that bullshit and its cheap for food. (3 bucks for a shitty breakfast beats out 12 at Tremblant. If somebody was heading out to that place, I will always tell them to drive the extra 1 hour to get to Vermont and Jay Peak. Much better skiing and experience.

But it doesnt beat out Snowmass in Colorado.

Bicnarok
Never tried snow boarding, I definitely prefer to learn this than skiing, them two long plank things and sticks is somehow uncool.

Is it hard to learn?

forumcrew
I went to Tremblant my freshman year of college on a trip with some friends. It was a shit load of fun but that had little to do with the snowboarding. Id agree the mountain wasnt great and it was way too cold. well below 0 most of the time. But being 19 in a place where drinking age was 18 made for fun. Also went to montreal for a night and that place was ridiculous.

The best mountain I have been to is Killington in Vermont.

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Never tried snow boarding, I definitely prefer to learn this than skiing, them two long plank things and sticks is somehow uncool.

Is it hard to learn?

Ive never skiied but from what I understand skiing is easier to learn than boarding but it is harder to master.

Smasandian
Yeah, Montreal is the travel place for people who are in Grade 12 and its March break. They all get a bus and party for a whole week.

I went to Montreal way to late and I was annoyed by everything.

Its always going to Jay Peak for me. Its so close to the border and the amount of snow they get is crazy.

forumcrew
Yea there was fresh snow every day i was in vermont, tremblant i was just freezing. My binding even broke because part of it froze and snapped when i touched it. (it hit -40 wind chill at the summit one day)

DigiMark007
I like skiing. I can't stop at the bottom unless I'm lucky, but I look absolutely hardcore until then.

Smasandian
Yea there was fresh snow every day i was in vermont, tremblant i was just freezing. My binding even broke because part of it froze and snapped when i touched it. (it hit -40 wind chill at the summit one day)

Yeah, my goggles froze over a few times.

Its just not fun in that cold.

I went to Jay Peak the end of March and the snow wasnt great, but the first day it was around -18C, which isnt bad, but the next day was 11C which was awesome. I had a long sleeve shirt on, my sun glasses and no hat, it was soo ****ing sunny it was amazing.

Im planning to go to Jay Peak in Feb to see the fresh snow, but late March is also a wicked time just for the sun.

The funny thing though is that when I went to Snowmass near Aspen, it was like that all week in Feb. It was crazy.

forumcrew
yea i have been locally (southern PA crap mountain but short drive) when it got freakishly warm on a late february day. it was right around 70 out, wore my snow pants and a tshirt.

Smasandian
Yeah, I came back to a snow storm in Toronto (where I used to live) and my first day of class back people thought I went to a beach or something.

They didn't realize that Colorado is very south and very high with no clouds. Best skiing ever. Hopefully we get to back sooner or later. It helps having a uncle that used to be a ski instructor at Aspen Snowmass.

Checklist418
yea i have been locally (southern PA crap mountain but short drive) when it got freakishly warm on a late february day. it was right around 70 out, wore my snow pants and a tshirt.

What mountain? Whitetail or something like that? haha It gets like that sometime at Mt. High just a couple of hours outside of LA. Riding up there gets real warm towards the end of the season and bring a jacket is a waste of time

angelsoutfield
totally--snowboarding in a tshirt is like a okymoron lol. You guys should check out this site when you get a second for a chance to win some cool free gear http: // tinyurl.com/ btrcgl. Mountain Dew and the marketing company I am with teamed up to put it together. We got some nice snow in the northeast area--does anyone have plans to take advantage of it and do some boarding this weekend on the east coast?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.