Adam Warlock vs new gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
could adam warlock w/soul gem replicate infinty man feats from death of the new gods?

who would survive

Aster Phoenix
Is there anyone with a soul who has shown resistance to the Soul Gems power before?

DigiMark007
Good question Aster. I'm not entirely sure.

My thought is that someone would stop him. But he's legitimately > most of the New Gods. Only the "big ones" would be able to match him.

Classic Warlock, anyway. Current, who knows.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Is there anyone with a soul who has shown resistance to the Soul Gems power before?

Even Thanos, who have resisted the mind gem, have not resisted the soul gem.

The soul gem, along with the reality gem, are the most dangerous and powerful, by the nature of they're powers.

But to answer your question, I don't know.

DigiMark007
To be fair, Boubou, Thanos has never had to counter the soul suck. So saying "he has never resisted it" is technically true, but he's also never not resisted it.

confused

Adam did it to one of Thanos' dopplegangers, though, but that's much different than the real thing.

fangirl101
Infinity Man in the case of Takion had an advantage in that Takion was cut off from the source. He also had to fight Orion. Something Warlock wouldn't be able to do with success.

Symmetric Chaos
Given the sort of time the IM had to plot he could probably do it.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Given the sort of time the IM had to plot he could probably do it. Are you serious? the IM was an agent of the source who had been plotting the rebuilding of the new Gods since it was split. At least since crisis.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix

Galactus is immune to the Soul Gem's effects, I'm guessing the Abstracts follow in line.

Certain Elders are also immune, like the Grandmaster for sure.

Utrigita
I'm not sure but haven't the Silver Surfer at some point resisted it's effect?

leonidas
ss was pulled into the gem and broke free. hercules was immune to the karmic effects, not sure about a soul suck.

Galan007
so warlock /w/ the SG, vs. the entire race of new gods? warlock goes down hard.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007

yes

very hard.

joesdabest1

Wrong. Warlock wins this with ease.

fangirl101
Originally posted by joesdabest1
Wrong. Warlock wins this with ease.
WHAT?!!

King Kandy
SS has resisted the soul gem, when a gem-possessed Reed Richards attacked him. He explained that since he had gotten strong protecting his soul from Mephisto, he could likewise protect it from the soul gem. The fight never finished because the Inbetweener overrided the soul gem.

skyfather
its not so much as warlock vs all the new gods at once,its more of could he replicate the soul steal/suck feats of infinity man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.