The "What If?" thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
I was just playing Crisis Core for the PSP and started to wonder how much things would have been different had Zack not died.. Obviously another bunch of "What If" started to pop in mind and I had no choice but to make my way to KMC and torture everyone with them.

Please use this thread to discuss any What If scenarios regarding any game's story and or gameplay.

So...What if Zack was never killed?

Well...obviously he would have met Aerith. Cloud would still hang around with him all mako poisoned I think. Would Zack have joined Avalance? I think he might since it was his idea in the first place to become a mercenary, but then again Tifa was the one who found Cloud and kindly kicked his ass into joining Avalance. But then again Tifa knew Zack and knew he was strong so she would have asked him to join. Would Cloud and Zack be working for Avalance together? ARGH!!!

ESB -1138
And you couldn't have put this in the FF7 or Crisis Core thread because?

Dark-Jaxx
Zack would be with Aeris and stop Cloud from being an emo homoqueer in AC at least.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ESB -1138
And you couldn't have put this in the FF7 or Crisis Core thread because?

Because we can discuss any game here. I just used Crisis Core as an example, but I guess you only read the intro and decided to post nothing relevant.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Zack would be with Aeris and stop Cloud from being an emo homoqueer in AC at least.

LoL. Say do you think President Shin-Ra would have recognized Zack during the second mission with Avalance? The president didn't recognize Cloud since he never made it to the higher classes of SOLDIER. Zack in the other hand was instrumental in the Wutai War, was always sent to the missions Sephiroth didn't want to accept, and was handpicked by Sephiroth himself.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Zack Fair
LoL. Say do you think President Shin-Ra would have recognized Zack during the second mission with Avalance? The president didn't recognize Cloud since he never made it to the higher classes of SOLDIER. Zack in the other hand was instrumental in the Wutai War, was always sent to the missions Sephiroth didn't want to accept, and was handpicked by Sephiroth himself. He probably would have, though I doubt that would have stopped him from having a 7 foot sword shoved up his ass.

MadMel
what if there was another legacy of kain game, and therefore a conclusion to the story?

i'd be much happier stick out tongue

Solid Durandal
What if Ultimecia never existed and didn't fvck up FF8?

Dark-Jaxx
Then FFVIII would have been the best FF game.

Davehead
What if Princess Peach didn't want to be rescued?

MadMel
who said she wanted to be rescued in the first place?
maybe mario is just jealous of her's and bowser's relationship erm

Dark-Jaxx
Well Bowser isn't the kind of guy that would do anything for Peach and wait head and foot for her.

Mario will do anything for that b!tch, and all he gets is a kiss on the nose.

So she calls up Bowser when she wants to get her freak on, but spends time with Mario as her personal fat midget slave.

Davehead
So THAT'S why Bowser always captures her. I was wondering what his incentive was. I mean, there was no ransom note, and his Koopa Kingdom certainly wasn't seeing much expansion or increase in wealth with the absence of Peach. By the way, will Peach ever be the Queen and not a Princess?

Dark-Jaxx
Which reminds me...

Why is Mario so stupid to fall for that cake shit in the note left by Bowser?

I mean...It is quite obvious...

The cake is a lie. no expression

Davehead
I'll never understand Mario. I think he's just had one too many colorful mushrooms. Hence him having a tripped-out dream like Mario Bros. 2.

Dark-Jaxx
What if...

Ryu from Streetfighter took a day off of training to screw Chun-Li?

Davehead
He'd die in her muscular thighs' iron grip!

Davehead
Here's an illustration.

ESB -1138
Dude, that's just messed up.

What if...

Ryu from Ninja Gaiden took a day off of training to screw Chun-Li?

Wei Phoenix
Which reminds me...

Why is Mario so stupid to fall for that cake shit in the note left by Bowser?

I mean...It is quite obvious...

The cake is a lie. no expression

What if the cake wasn't a lie?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Dude, that's just messed up.

What if...

Ryu from Ninja Gaiden took a day off of training to screw Chun-Li? He already has foo! 131

And Wei, if the cake wasn't a lie...Mario might just get to have sex with Peach. no expression

Davehead
Ryu's a freaking ninja, guys. He'll be in and out and you won't know it until it's too late@!

Wei Phoenix
He already has foo! 131

And Wei, if the cake wasn't a lie...Mario might just get to have sex with Peach. no expression

Tahaha well here's one that may always be a what if.

What if we actually had a good game with nonstereotypical black main character?

What if they turned The Boondocks into a video game?

Is it possible for me and my fellow negroes to have a good video game character?

Davehead
Now you know how the Russians feel.

Wei Phoenix
lol! Darn those hairy dirty Russians!

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Davehead
Now you know how the Russians feel.

And the Italians.

NonSensi-Klown
... and the Mexicans.

Are there any races of main characters beesides white people (Not really a race) and asians(Not really a race)?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Are there any races of main characters beesides white people (Not really a race) and asians(Not really a race)?

Mario and Luigi are Italian.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
... and the Mexicans.

Well Kratos GOW is black in my book, just light skinned and he is voiced by T.C. Carter off of living single.

Torque from The suffering is supposed to be black or he can be seen as Hispanic.

Spidervlad
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
lol! Darn those hairy dirty Russians!

And wtf are you?

Davehead
Actually, Cortez from Timesplitters could pretty much pass for any race, except most Asian ones because he's too big. Although Sagat is Thai and he's really really big.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Spidervlad
And wtf are you?

I'm black, wtf are you?!

ESB -1138
Well Kratos GOW is black in my book, just light skinned and he is voiced by T.C. Carter off of living single.

Torque from The suffering is supposed to be black or he can be seen as Hispanic.

Kratos is Greek.

Yoshi Paradise
What if Yoshi never reunited Mario with his brother?

Would Luigi have grown up to be evil?

Zack Fair
Evil Luigi huh...?

I was thinking about Ryu stopping training to bang Chunli...Ken would persuade Ryu into marrying Chunli out of fear of his buddy Ryu never getting some again.

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, I think Luigi would be evil since he'd be with Kamek and Bowser all his life.

Also, what if Sonic and Amy actually fell in love with each other?

Davehead
Then Robotnik would build a robotic wife.

jalek moye

well how is he black in your book

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jalek moye
well how is he black in your book

Which one?

jalek moye
Kratos

Wei Phoenix
well I kind of already explained it. Voiced by a black man and his voice can be interpreted as one and without the ashes he could pass off as a light skinned black man.

Am I saying that he is officially black? No.

Am I saying you're wrong for not seeing what I see? No

jalek moye
lol darth vader is voiced by black guy but hes white. i'm just saying that in animated things the voice doesnt mean much of anything in terms of his ethnicity

Wei Phoenix
of course which is why I don't criticize people who disagree or try to make them agree. Just using my imagination. Like I said, I'm not saying that he is officially black. Not much evidence to support it, so its just my imagination.

Zack Fair
What if Kazuya never had sex with Jun?

Wei Phoenix
Then Lee would've tapped it. She was going to get some Mishima wood in her albeit adopted Mishima wood or not.

What if Aeris never died?

Zack Fair
LoL@Violet Kazama

If Aerith never died...hmm that is an interesting question. If Aerith never died FF7 would not have such an impact on many gamers and RPGs would not shine like they did, but who knows.

Now storywise if she didn't die Cloud would have not been so Emoish during Advent Children and Holy would have probably been unable to hold back meteor since Aerith's will ain't in the lifestream, but then again I am just guessing. Also if she was alive I think we would have seen a catfight between Tifa and her.

Icy Ninja
What if Solid Snake wasn't going to die in six months
I would cry tears of joy that's for sure

Wei Phoenix
What if FFX-2 didn't suck?

Icy Ninja
I dunno I found it enjoyable not as good as ten but fun

Wei Phoenix
I can't really judge it as a whole game. I stopped playing once I had to hand out balloons.

Davehead
What if Mega Man met Mega Man X?

Zack Fair
FFX-2 was fun...I admit, but the way they handled the story was poor. Not to mention that it ruined one of the finest and most emotional endings in Video Gaming history.

Wei Phoenix
FFX-2 was fun...I admit, but the way they handled the story was poor. Not to mention that it ruined one of the finest and most emotional endings in Video Gaming history.

yeah don't get me wrong I loved the gameplay and battle system but the story really did kill me. I myself was asking who the hell was lyn.

Dark-Jaxx
FFX-2 was fun...I admit, but the way they handled the story was poor. Not to mention that it ruined one of the finest and most emotional endings in Video Gaming history. Yeah...Fvck the ending of X-2.

If FFX-2 didn't suck?

Don't know. It's kinda hard to comprehend something like that game being good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.