Ghost Rider 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Ghost Rider riding through europe blink.......different

I'm up for a sequal as long as Mark steven johnson does'nt return for the directors part.

SnakeEyes
First one was garbage and I don't see any sequel being better.

They need to wait a while and then reboot this.

Kovacs86
Oh dear, oh dear. I'm certainly not looking forward to this.

BruceSkywalker
I look forward to a sequel, however placing Ghost Rider in Europe may be a bad idea..

Endrict Nuul
They need a reboot.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
They need a reboot.

Lets see what they do with this sequal first.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Kazenji
Lets see what they do with this sequal first.

If the director and/or Cage is still there than they need a reboot.

Scoobless
Meh, I'd write Ghostrider off as a failed comic to film transition and leave it there ... not everything is going to work as a movie.

Scythe
People will still watch it...

ragesRemorse
I thought the first Ghostrider movie was awful. I would rank it as one of the worst comic to film adaptations. As long as Nicholas Cage is in the movie people will clammer to see a sequel, though.

Kazenji
If and when a reboot happens they should go Matthew McConaughey for some reason i see him in that role more then Nic Cage.

SnakeEyes
If and when a reboot happens they should go Matthew McConaughey for some reason i see him in that role more then Nic Cage.

I hope you're kidding.

A reboot with Matthew McConaughey would be worse than the first Ghost Rider, which is no easy feat.

Kazenji
Who would you go with for Johnny blaze then ?

NonSensi-Klown
Christian Bale, with Morrigan Freeman narrating.

ragesRemorse
I think Matthew McConaughey is actually a decent actor when he isn't acting simply for a paycheck or an opportunity to take his shirt off. I don't think Matt would have a supported transition from chick flicks to nerdom though. Maybe, if he started to make real movie's people would warm up to him. I think the best bet for Ghostrider is a no name actor.

Kazenji
After all Matt can play a badass character even if it was just for one movie (Reign Of Fire)

ragesRemorse
yeah, he was the bomb in U-571 and Frailty too laughing out loud

roughrider
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
First one was garbage and I don't see any sequel being better.

They need to wait a while and then reboot this.

Co-sign.

BruceSkywalker
I see a sequel coming soon. Nic Cage wants to do it. All Sony Pictures has to do is come up with a good script.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I see a sequel coming soon. Nic Cage wants to do it. All Sony Pictures has to do is come up with a good script.

Hopefully better then the first one.

RevoWution™©®
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Christian Bale, with Morrigan Freeman narrating.

Lol. Um. No. That's just blasphemy.

Christian Bale is Batman. He can't be Ghost Rider too. Oh, and Bale is John Connor too.

ragesRemorse
Christian bale should be in every movie.

AlmightyKfish

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Bale is top of Marvel's list to be Strange as well.

Yes he is, but I'm not so sure he will want to play another comic book character

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Christian bale should be in every movie.

Oh god no. He turns every movie he's in into boring'ness. His best movies are the ones that he's not being focused on utterly.

Kazenji
I want to see Demons in this one not people trying to act like demons

BruceSkywalker
I want to see Demons in this one not people trying to act like demons

I hope they introduce Ketch and Vengeance

Kazenji
and before they even start shooting this sequal get rid of Mark steven johnson.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ghostridernews.php?id=8509

Nemesis X
I thought the first Ghost Rider movie was good and I'm looking forward to a sequel.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I thought the first Ghost Rider movie was good and I'm looking forward to a sequel.

You're dead to me now...

First movie was terrible, and what the hell was up with black heart? confused

Kazenji
The first movie was to me was okay but just not good

and Blackheart looked silly what he looks like in the comics is waaaaay better.

Alpha Centauri

BruceSkywalker
i liked the ghost rider...

story could've been a little better.. hopefully this will be good

Darth Martin
Why the hell is Marvel planning sequels to shitty films when they could plotting Captain America and Black Panther?

Alpha Centauri
His problem in the first place (Cage) was that he tried to be too inventive.

"I'm trying to put a different spin on Ghost Rider.", why? Don't do that. Just be who he is.

-AC

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Why the hell is Marvel planning sequels to shitty films when they could plotting Captain America and Black Panther?

Monetarily speaking Ghost Ride was a hit film.. That is why Marvel is doing another, whether they go with Cage's idea is another story.. T'Challa's film is developmental hell due to Wesley Snipes's problems, but Marvel is prolly gonna do the film, when I have no idea... same with Cap's movie they are working on it

Mr. Rhythmic

The quality doesn't matter, otherwise the first one wouldn't have sucked like it did.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by steverules_2
and what the hell was up with black heart? confused

What are you talking about? Going from an inter-dimensional super demon with no care for his own appearance to a 2007 retro-looking pretty boy was the PERFECT step!

roughrider
Originally posted by The Nuul
If the director and/or Cage is still there than they need a reboot.

If that director (who also screwed up Daredevil) was in my presence, I would feel the need to lunge and act on some violent thoughts. evil face

Reboot with a new director!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
The quality doesn't matter, otherwise the first one wouldn't have sucked like it did.

a good script hopefully this will have

chomperx9
what ruined the 1st movie is where blaze was riding with that other rider on the horse and racing down the highway and playing that stupid song. that part there is what made it look childish.

StiltmanFTW
omg, don't remind me...

chomperx9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
omg, don't remind me... many other parts of the movie where stupid to but the part i mentioned above was the worst. wish they would release the movie again on dvd and take off that part.

Bouboumaster
Mephisto was great

Kazenji
I just was'nt a huge fan of what they did with the demonic characters giving them a human look.

Trackz
Originally posted by chomperx9
what ruined the 1st movie is where blaze was riding with that other rider on the horse and racing down the highway and playing that stupid song. that part there is what made it look childish. ...I thought that part was awesome...

roughrider
what ruined the 1st movie is where blaze was riding with that other rider on the horse and racing down the highway and playing that stupid song. that part there is what made it look childish.

Yeah, and what was the point of that anyway? They get to their destination, and Sam Elliott just says he can go no further. (So why'd you tag along, lamebrain? roll eyes (sarcastic) )

StiltmanFTW
many other parts of the movie where stupid to but the part i mentioned above was the worst. wish they would release the movie again on dvd and take off that part.

Nicolas Cage as Johnny Blaze = fail.

I liked the special effects, though. GR looked awesome...

Alpha Centauri
The worst part about the first movie was the dialogue.

After all that nonsense and hype about getting the contract of San Venganza (Oh, har har. VENGANZA. Like "Vengeance"wink, what is the epic line that Blackheart reads from it?

"This is the contact of San Venganza; all of you...come to me!".

-AC

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The worst part about the first movie was the dialogue.

Yeah...

Quincy
What ruined this movie was Mark Steven Johnson.

That guy is a complete hack. He ruined Daredevil, and he ruined Ghost Rider - two of the best Marvel characters imo. He needs to stay far far far far away from any future Marvel Productions.

Another thing I disliked were the "fight scenes" which was basically just The element demon going "Look at me! Cool right?" and then Cage just beating him with 1 move. Lame shit.

Badass demons as humans? Also lame.

Another thing I didn't like was how Cage didn't even react at all to Mac's death. He could give 2 shits about him.

As for Nicholas Cage's idea for a "reconceive" does he mean like a reboot? If so, it should be rebooted without him.

chomperx9
i didnt have anything agains tnicholas cage playing johnny blaze he could have done better wasnt all really his fault was the damn director.

StiltmanFTW
You kidding me? His performance was pathetic.

And I liked Daredevil movie.

chomperx9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You kidding me? His performance was pathetic.

And I liked Daredevil movie. you didnt like elektra did you ?

StiltmanFTW
I haven't watched it, so I can't say.

Darth Martin
T'Challa's film is developmental hell due to Wesley Snipes's problems, Snipes is going to play T'Challa? droolio

Isn't he kinda old now though. There's always Chiwetel Ejiofor.

chomperx9
Originally posted by roughrider
Yeah, and what was the point of that anyway? They get to their destination, and Sam Elliott just says he can go no further. (So why'd you tag along, lamebrain? roll eyes (sarcastic) ) exactly that scene was just pointless http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn82VF3TQPs

chomperx9
Originally posted by Quincy
What ruined this movie was Mark Steven Johnson.

That guy is a complete hack. He ruined Daredevil, and he ruined Ghost Rider - two of the best Marvel characters imo. He needs to stay far far far far away from any future Marvel Productions.

Another thing I disliked were the "fight scenes" which was basically just The element demon going "Look at me! Cool right?" and then Cage just beating him with 1 move. Lame shit.

Badass demons as humans? Also lame.

Another thing I didn't like was how Cage didn't even react at all to Mac's death. He could give 2 shits about him.

As for Nicholas Cage's idea for a "reconceive" does he mean like a reboot? If so, it should be rebooted without him. i know that part was so gay where he has the contract to get all the spirits. then all he says is EVERYONE COME TO MEEEEEEEEEE.

that was just totally lame as hell and to easy. he could have atleast said some spell or something so it wouldnt look as bad.

PRAYERRUN
personally I loved the movie. I don't know what a sequel would include though...

The Nuul
Nicolas Cage Wants to Reconceive Ghost Rider
Source:MTV
July 14, 2009

MTV talked to Nicolas Cage, who says he's still interested in a sequel to Ghost Rider but would like to do a "reconceive." Moving away from the Western style of the first film, he sees a second film as more of an "international story" that may bring the character to Europe for a team-up with the Catholic Church. You can watch the interview segment below!

roughrider
Hey, you know what Nicolas Cage? You're too f*cking old to play Johnny Blaze now, anyway. You were pushing it playing him the last time.

And Mark Steven Johnson - to borrow a famous line from Good Morning Vietnam - "sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls." You may be a comics fan, but you're a 2nd rate crap filmmaker.

Darth Martin
Hey, you know what Nicolas Cage? You're too f*cking old to play Suprised Marvel hasn't figured this out yet.

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Nuul
Nicolas Cage Wants to Reconceive Ghost Rider
Source:MTV
July 14, 2009

MTV talked to Nicolas Cage, who says he's still interested in a sequel to Ghost Rider but would like to do a "reconceive." Moving away from the Western style of the first film, he sees a second film as more of an "international story" that may bring the character to Europe for a team-up with the Catholic Church. You can watch the interview segment below!

Look on page 2 whistle

starlock
I liked the first movie...and i hope cage makes another thumb up

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by starlock
I liked the first movie...and i hope cage makes another thumb up Agreed. This time, add his brother.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Agreed. This time, add his brother.

Yeah having Ketch in the sequel would be great

Kazenji
Hooray the sequal might acually be watchable.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ghostridernews.php?id=8742

BruceSkywalker
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ghostridernews.php?id=8742

i read that... GR 2 should be good

Kazenji
Yeah.....alot better then the first one.

Dreampanther
The first Ghostrider movie sucked so bad...

The only way to save Ghostrider now, is to have Travis Pastrana play Johnny Blaze and have him go beat up Nicholas Cage on his first night out!

Kazenji
Why does it have to be Travis Pastrana for Blaze ?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Dreampanther
The first Ghostrider movie sucked so bad...

The only way to save Ghostrider now, is to have Travis Pastrana play Johnny Blaze and have him go beat up Nicholas Cage on his first night out!

who is this person?

Kazenji
I looked him up he's a motorsports competitor and stunt performer and has never acted.

BruceSkywalker
I looked him up he's a motorsports competitor and stunt performer and has never acted.

ok, cage will return no doubt

Kazenji
David Goyer Talks Ghost Rider 2

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ghostridernews.php?id=8963

StiltmanFTW
Cage as Blaze = fail

BruceSkywalker
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ghostridernews.php?id=8963

this will depend on the script , so hopefully that will be good and everything else should follow

chomperx9
i read that... GR 2 should be good thats what they said the 1st time

Kazenji
thats what they said the 1st time

Well they seem to be going about it alot better this time.

roughrider
Well, it is good news, that Mark Steven Johnson is not returning.

But Goyer is a better writer than a director. And Nicolas Cage...
I'm not sold on the sequel yet.

Kazenji
If all else fails.......reboot.

Sabu935
Didn't like the first one.I'll give this one a chance though since it has my favorite Marvel character,of course I'm going to wait till Cinemax though.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65456

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67061

I'm hoping they don't get to do it and they continue to mess around then loss the rights which then goes back to Marvel Studios.

jinXed by JaNx
wow. Ok, so...,This piece of shit movie gets a sequel but, Nortons, Incredible Hulk doesn't? What the hell, either people have shitty taste or movie studios are going out of their way to make Marvels heros look like a pile of shit in a bucket o' piss.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
wow. Ok, so...,This piece of shit movie gets a sequel but, Nortons, Incredible Hulk doesn't? What the hell, either people have shitty taste or movie studios are going out of their way to make Marvels heros look like a pile of shit in a bucket o' piss.

I would rather see a reboot of this,then a sequel,just like they did with the hulk

Kazenji
I'm hoping the movie rights revert back to Marvel.

roughrider
Well if they are not shooting by a coming deadline, then Nicolas Cage and Sony could both be out. Let's hope so.

Kazenji
Great now its gonna be super shit

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67999

roughrider
CAN'T WE GET AWAY FROM NICOLAS CAGE?!?!?!? mad wallbash

BruceSkywalker
Great now its gonna be super shit

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67999

i'm just interested in the story they will tell

Kazenji
I noticed they wrote the story for that Jonah Hex movie these two i'm guessing the story was good just executed badly.

Flyattractor
After listing to the commentary from the director on the first GR.

Yes.

Kill whats his name and bury him in a cess pool so he can't direct again......EVER!

Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/news/ghost-rider-2-script-details/142039/

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70304

Another fight with the devil....lets hope the actors actually look like demons.

roughrider
So is Ciaran Hinds the Devil, or Mephisto? Are they really making a distinction?
If I enjoyed anything about the first GR, it was Peter Fonda as Mephisto.

Kazenji
Peter Fonda as Mephisto for me was lacking the demonic apperance.

Darth Martin
Why are they bothering with this?

BruceSkywalker
hopefully the story will be good

Badabing
I really didn't mind the first GR movie. It was campy but I enjoyed the movie.

Kazenji

Hoping they can improve.

roughrider
Are they shooting it again in Southern Australia? It did stand in convincingly for Texas. Or is this new story set in Europe?

Darth Martin
They should just put energy into a Hero For Hire movie.

Kazenji
Are they shooting it again in Southern Australia? It did stand in convincingly for Texas. Or is this new story set in Europe?

But the Texas police did look weird.

roughrider
I was in Melbourne last year. Think I recognized some locations for the film, in the downtown core.

CosmicComet

Why not?

The first movie was not bad by any means. I was skeptical at first but I liked Cage's performance.

jPlGZvker18

you can't tell me this wasn't an epic scene.

Doctor-Alvis
Yeah, that laughing/screaming thing was pretty cool.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/108729-christopher-lambert-joins-ghost-rider-sequel

Kazenji
Just seen on Superherohype.com

Will feature a new origin sequence for Johnny Blaze

Kazenji
Blackout confirmed for the movie

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75341

for those who don't know who he is
http://www.comicvine.com/blackout/29-41820/

SpiritStalker
They should remake the first one just like they did with that awful Hulk movie

Kazenji
The trailer for the sequel debuts next week.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Why not?

The first movie was not bad by any means. I was skeptical at first but I liked Cage's performance.

jPlGZvker18

That was the best scene in the movie, no doubt but after that the skull effect looked corny. And if I remember correctly (not sure) the ending ripped off Blade quite badly. At least that what I felt at the time anyway.

StiltmanFTW
Anybody watched GR2? Was it good?

Kazenji
It was okay just not great, But personally it was better then the first movie.

roughrider
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Why not?

jPlGZvker18

It goes on too long and it too over the top. Even Hulk's transformations are shorter than this.
I will not praise Mark Steven Johnson for any creative decision.

StiltmanFTW
It was okay just not great, But personally it was better then the first movie.

You recommend it? Who was the villain?

Kazenji
There's two villains in it, The Devil and Blackout only thing with Blackout he differs from his comicbook version.

StiltmanFTW
Mephistopheles again or some other hell lord?

tkitna
I fianlly watched this since we got free Starz last weekend, and it might possibly be the worst movie I have ever seen. It might be worse than Catwoman.

Kazenji
The effects for the rider was done alot better then with the first movie.

the ninjak
I still don't get why people hate on this film so much.

It was a great cheeseball late night horror action film.

StiltmanFTW
The effects for the rider was done alot better then with the first movie.

But the Penance Stare was done much better in the first movie.

Any idea why Mephistopheles was called Roarke in the sequel?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by tkitna
I fianlly watched this since we got free Starz last weekend, and it might possibly be the worst movie I have ever seen. It might be worse than Catwoman. It was the worst movie that got a worlwide release that I have ever seen. I got free Starz and I couldn't even finish watching it.

Kazenji
Sooner the rights for this character revert back to Marvel Studio's the better.

tkitna
Originally posted by the ninjak
I still don't get why people hate on this film so much.

It was a great cheeseball late night horror action film.

I'm sorry. I couldnt find any redeeming qualities to this movie at all. Cage acted like he was on crack the whole flick, the silly Friday the 13th type music when GR was approaching, the earth digger debacle was just horrible, the penance stare took about a half and hour to work and all we got was some glowing eyes, the story was just all over the place. Awful. I knew I was in for a long movie when they showed the black guy up in the tree. I cant believe a movie studio signed off on this steaming pile of crap.

The boys mom was decent looking so that might fetch it a quarter of a star.

super pr*xy
this movie was pure shit.. thank god it was on a free trial channel over the thanksgiving weekend.. the fight with carrigan was so lame.. and the end with the blue flames.. lame.. the penance stare was done so much better in the first movie, it was more effective with dialogue.. he just looks like he wants to make out every time he does it in this movie.. 2 heads are not better than one in this case..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.