JCVD (Jean Claude Van Damme)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Early reviews are good. Can't wait to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z_6UfkQ-c0&feature=related

jaden101
hahaha....yeah looks good...a very smart move aswell

DeVi| D0do
Skimmed through a few review of this... didn't realise that's what the title actually stands for. Legendary. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
This looks like total shiite.

Van Damme is an old man trying to do martial arts

Toku King
Looks good! Can't wait to watch it.

GlobalTechDept
Will it get a US release?

ragesRemorse
I'm going to hold out for Lion Heart 2

Bardock42
I am going to go with "looks interesting, might be good, will definitely watch it at some point".

Quiero Mota
The Quest was his only good movie.

Myth
You didn't like Bloodsport or Lion Heart? I also liked Cyborg and Universal Soldier.

=Tired Hiker=
I liked the one where he escapes from the prison bus and bangs Rosana Arquette.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Myth
You didn't like Bloodsport or Lion Heart? I also liked Cyborg and Universal Soldier.

Those are some of his best

Robtard
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
The Quest was his only good movie.

"Let's go to Muay Thai Island", still remember laughing at that line.

He had better films though, Blood Sport and Universal Soldier being two of my favorite JVCD films.

Bardock42
I like the one where he has to catch his evil twin.

Oh wait...THAT'S EVERYONE.

Robtard
Did he have an evil twin movie? I know he had a twin one and he also played a duo role (older/younger) in Time Cop, but I don't recall an evil Van Damme.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Did he have an evil twin movie? I know he had a twin one and he also played a duo role (older/younger) in Time Cop, but I don't recall an evil Van Damme. It was more a light hearted joke about him making 2 or 3 movies where he played double roles.

Robtard
Figured, just wasn't sure if he made one were he plays both the hero and villain, as it seems like something he would do.

moviebuff1084
He can't act so why would i watch a movie that's about him?

Myth
Well, maybe he is a better actor in his first language.

moviebuff1084
Maybe but it's doubtful. A language don't really make you a good or bad actor.

Rogue Jedi
Did he have an evil twin movie? I know he had a twin one and he also played a duo role (older/younger) in Time Cop, but I don't recall an evil Van Damme. There was Maximum Risk, where he played a police sniper, and he also played his long lost twin, a criminal. He wasnt evil, but still a crook.

ricktrang
This looks pretty good, its all over the festival circut right now

gentmax
Does his buddy/brother get hurt/hospitalized/killed,and he goes back for revenge?

Liked Time Cop, myself.

wuTa
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
Maybe but it's doubtful. A language don't really make you a good or bad actor.

Apperantly you've never seen the work of Arnold Shrwazenegger.smile

leonheartmm
double team was a good movie, so was quest.

Rogue Jedi
Double team was crap.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Bardock42
I am going to go with "looks interesting, might be good, will definitely watch it at some point".

I co-sign that. I aint paying to see it but Ill see it at some point.

BackFire
Kickboxer and Bloodsport are my favorites.

I liked Sudden Death as well.

This movie looks really interesting.

Mr Parker
yeah looks kinda interesting.Thought Van Damn was history in show business.didnt think we would ever hear from him again.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BackFire
Kickboxer and Bloodsport are my favorites.

I liked Sudden Death as well.

This movie looks really interesting.

Yeah Bloodsport is great.Bloodsport is my second favorite.My favorite of them all is Double Impact.I like that one better than all of them together.

Alpha Centauri
Figured, just wasn't sure if he made one were he plays both the hero and villain, as it seems like something he would do.

Replicant and Double Impact.

Although technically his twin isn't the villain there.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Double Impact was his only good "twin" movie. Maximum risk was crap.

deathbycorn
Pretty much every Van Damme movie rules.

Kickboxer
Bloodsport
The Quest
Wrong Bet

They are all great movies IMO.

Anyway, I just watched JCVD and its a top movie. You have to watch it with subtitles though. Its funny as and its pretty cool to see a 47 year old actor being able to move and do some of the stuff Van Damme can still do.

moviefanatic04
i used to watch these movies when I was younger and they were great....lionheart ha a classic

ragesRemorse
I really want to see this but the torrent i downloaded was in French mad

Sado22
you just described half the action hero cast of hollywood no expression

RESPECT vandam boys and girls. we all know that all of us here got into martial arts either because of him or bruce lee.

jinXed by JaNx
Just saw this movie recently and i must say that Van Damme delivered an impressive performance. In fact, he delivered one of the most convincing scenes of dialogue that i saw over the course of 2008. There is a scene towards the end where Van Damme begins to talk to himself in what appears to be an effort to make his final peace. Many may argue that this role was not much of a reach for Van Damme since he was, mostly, portraying himself but that scene towards the end is quite profound in how convincing it is.

The rest of the movie stumbles to find a consistent pace. Although the movie starts out strong and revolves around a fascinating concept. The pacing hits a few walls through out the movie. The hiccups were nothing to compromising but i think a few edits and subtle rewrites could have pushed this movie out of the realm of good and into the sky of great.

Fist
I think his story is intriguing... I've been looking forward to this film.
Cyborg and Bloodsport are my 2 favs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.