Anakin Solo vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jbill311
Ok, this is the last of my new threads, I had a list of pairings that I had to propose.

You know the drill:
1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All out

DarkSerpent
What were Solo's capabilities?

Put some info on him.

Lord Knightfa11
all three=maul.

Vorpal Ruin
Anakin wins all three. Read the first half of the NJO if you want to see what Anakin Solo can do, he was supposed to be the next Luke Skywalker.

DarkSerpent
sick05Solo wins

Faunus
Until he died, and didn't become the next Luke.

Maul would own him. Older, stronger, faster, immeasurably more skilled, and trained with one real purpose: to kill Jedi.

Vorpal Ruin
I know he died, and didnt reach his full potential, but before his death he was one of the strongest Jedi in the NJO. How the hell are you going to use age as Mauls advantage? I recall him being killed by someone young.... lol big grin

Faunus
Anakin was, what, seventeen when he died? Not even? Maul was twenty-two or so, had vastly more intensive training, had achieved "high-end mastery of multiple forms," and thoroughly outclassed the most skilled swordsman in a Jedi Order that included the likes of Dooku, Mace, Qui-Gon, and Yoda.

Also, Kenobi was three years older than Maul. stick out tongue

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Faunus
Anakin was, what, seventeen when he died? Not even? Maul was twenty-two or so, had vastly more intensive training, had achieved "high-end mastery of multiple forms," and thoroughly outclassed the most skilled swordsman in a Jedi Order that included the likes of Dooku, Mace, Qui-Gon, and Yoda.

I didnt know Kenobi was 25 when he killed Maul as a padawan.

'thoroughly outclassed the most skilled swordsman in a Jedi Order that included the likes of Dooku, Mace, Qui-Gon, and Yoda'
I dont understand, are you saying Maul could have beaten Yoda, Dooku or Mace?

NonSensi-Klown
No.

Technical ability with a lightsaber does not mean you're a good fighter, nescesarilly. There are other variables that factor into a fight.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
No.

Technical ability with a lightsaber does not mean you're a good fighter, nescesarilly. There are other variables that factor into a fight.
I agree. Why does eveyone use that quote then? It seems to imply that Anoon is the best, when he clearly isnt.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
I agree. Why does eveyone use that quote then? It seems to imply that Anoon is the best, when he clearly isnt. Faunus meant he thoroughly outclassed Qui-Gon, who was one of the most skilled in the Order (which included Yoda, Mace, Dooku etc).

If Anakin lived, he'd beat Maul quite handely by LoTF, but as he died mid-NJO at seventeen: Maul in all three.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Tangible God
Faunus meant he thoroughly outclassed Qui-Gon, who was one of the most skilled in the Order (which included Yoda, Mace, Dooku etc).

If Anakin lived, he'd beat Maul quite handely by LoTF, but as he died mid-NJO at seventeen: Maul in all three.
I see. I thought he was talking about Anoon Bondara, but he beat both of them so i guess it doesnt matter.
Perhaps i'm a little biased towards Anakin since i grew fond of him in the NJO, although he was undeniably the most gifted jedi of his generation(with the exception of Jacen, maybe).

Faunus
I agree. Why does eveyone use that quote then? It seems to imply that Anoon is the best, when he clearly isnt. Anoon was the most skilled swordsman in the Order. This is stated in Cloak of Deception, as well as in Shadow Hunter. But the vast power difference between he and individuals like Count Dooku and Yoda mean that he can never make himself as fast or strong as they are, he can't react as quickly as they can.

Bondara's sparring sessions with Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu actually make him question his purported status as the greatest duelist among the Jedi, but he realized in seconds that Darth Maul actually outclassed him.

Enyalus
Until he died, and didn't become the next Luke.

Maul would own him. Older, stronger, faster, immeasurably more skilled, and trained with one real purpose: to kill Jedi.

I <3 you.

And agree.

Mizukage Yoda

I don't mean to be rude but ROFL Yoda, Mace and Dooku would take Maul and shove that double bladed Saber right up. He cannot stand up to them at all, Mace with Vaapad and Shatterpoint ability would destroy Maul's Juyo. Yoda is the Grand Master of the Jedi Order and completely out classes Maul by about two levels. Dooku is on par with Windu and the Master of Makashi, Maul does NOT outclass him as a swordsman. Ok Maul may have achieved mastery of Multiple forms but Yoda achieved Mastery of ALL forms. Dooku was a Master of argueably the most proficient lightsaber to lightsaber form save Vaapad. And Mace is the Master of a form that had been left incomplete for 4000 years, I believe Maul's saber form of choice was this incomplete version of a form Mace completed.
To say maul OUTCLASSES Dooku, Mace and Yoda is downright. laughing laughing out loud

Faunus
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
I don't mean to be rude but ROFL Yoda, Mace and Dooku would take Maul and shove that double bladed Saber right up. He cannot stand up to them at all, Mace with Vaapad and Shatterpoint ability would destroy Maul's Juyo. Yoda is the Grand Master of the Jedi Order and completely out classes Maul by about two levels. Dooku is on par with Windu and the Master of Makashi, Maul does NOT outclass him as a swordsman. Ok Maul may have achieved mastery of Multiple forms but Yoda achieved Mastery of ALL forms. Dooku was a Master of argueably the most proficient lightsaber to lightsaber form save Vaapad. And Mace is the Master of a form that had been left incomplete for 4000 years, I believe Maul's saber form of choice was this incomplete version of a form Mace completed.
To say maul OUTCLASSES Dooku, Mace and Yoda is downright. laughing laughing out loud Are you stupid, or can you just not read?

READ:

Do I need to spell it out for you?

Anoon can never defeat Yoda or Dooku because, while being more skilled than them, he simply isn't powerful enough to compete. The same applies to Maul, although he'd certainly fare better than Bondara would.

DarkSerpent
Anoon was the most skilled swordsman in the Order. This is stated in Cloak of Deception, as well as in Shadow Hunter. But the vast power difference between he and individuals like Count Dooku and Yoda mean that he can never make himself as fast or strong as they are, he can't react as quickly as they can.

Bondara's sparring sessions with Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu actually make him question his purported status as the greatest duelist among the Jedi, but he realized in seconds that Darth Maul actually outclassed him. The PT jedi in general relied too much on the forms. Several Jedi who mastered and excelled at their forms became predictable because of this. Makashi might have been the ultimated dueling form but Dookie relied on its movements too much and got out maneuvered by Anakin who used Djem So, and that particular form is more based on brute force and dominating/overpowering enemies rather than precise movements. Yet, it was Anakin's adaptability and innovativeness that won the day.

Those traits, combined with quick reaction, accuracy, precision can be more decisive in a Saber fight than just Mastery and skill.

This is how Maul defeated Anoon, and how Anakin defeated Dookie.

Vorpal Ruin
Anoon was the most skilled swordsman in the Order. This is stated in Cloak of Deception, as well as in Shadow Hunter. But the vast power difference between he and individuals like Count Dooku and Yoda mean that he can never make himself as fast or strong as they are, he can't react as quickly as they can.

Bondara's sparring sessions with Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu actually make him question his purported status as the greatest duelist among the Jedi, but he realized in seconds that Darth Maul actually outclassed him.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, it seemed misleading. Yeah, ive read Shadow Hunter and when Anoon and Maul fought it was a quick defeat.

Mizukage Yoda
Are you stupid, or can you just not read?

READ:

Do I need to spell it out for you?

Anoon can never defeat Yoda or Dooku because, while being more skilled than them, he simply isn't powerful enough to compete. The same applies to Maul, although he'd certainly fare better than Bondara would.
*takes back comments* I didn't read your post thoroughly enough I apologiz. But, geeze get the mob and hang me on a tree why don't you(yes I am black) Don't take stuff so seriously

eek! Happy Dance

Faunus
*takes back comments* I didn't read your post thoroughly enough I apologiz. But, geeze get the mob and hang me on a tree why don't you(yes I am black) Don't take stuff so seriously

eek! Happy Dance Black, huh?

Damn, that makes it so much harder to hate on you...

DarkSerpent
Black, huh?

Damn, that makes it so much harder to hate on you... Treating him special in anyway is still racist...

I will continue hating on his ass.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by DarkSerpent
Treating him special in anyway is still racist...

I will continue hating on his ass.
I'm deeply hurt...but you do make an exceptionally valid point that none of my people seem to realize "Treating him special in anyway is still racist..."
But that is another discussion cool

Faunus
lol

blach peeple ouver teh intraweb >>>>>>>>>>>> all.

Jbill311
lol

blach peeple ouver teh intraweb >>>>>>>>>>>> all.

HAHAHAHA!!!!11onetwo!

My meme (intraweb) has taken root in the lexicon!!

*cue evil laughter*

DarkSerpent
I'm deeply hurt...but you do make an exceptionally valid point that none of my people seem to realize "Treating him special in anyway is still racist..."
But that is another discussion cool Well its not like I'm reaperbecause I one of those assholes who think Black people should GTFO of america(its nto our land either) however if a Native American asked either of us to then I would point to our military...

Although, if you grew(and your ancestors did) in the south like I did Then thisdixieis heritage, not hate.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by DarkSerpent
Well its not like I'm reaperbecause I one of those assholes who think Black people should GTFO of america(its nto our land either) however if a Native American asked either of us to then I would point to our military...

Although, if you grew(and your ancestors did) in the south like I did Then thisdixieis heritage, not hate.

For the most part, I have no idea what your trying to say, but I also grew up in the south and i have a old North Carolina state flag and it resembles the state i was born in, not racisim(its about 2/3 a rebel flag).

Vorpal Ruin
Maul may win a saber fight but Anakin had more force power than Kyp Durron, who was incredibly strong in the force, so i dont see him losing to Maul atleast in the force contest.

Tangible God
Maul may win a saber fight but Anakin had more force power than Kyp Durron, who was incredibly strong in the force, so i dont see him losing to Maul atleast in the force contest. Ya know, Anakin only lived to 17. I don't know much about him, but there's some rather off-putting by him being superior to Maul in the Force.

Jbill311
Originally posted by Tangible God
Ya know, Anakin only lived to 17. I don't know much about him, but there's some rather off-putting by him being superior to Maul in the Force.

I hate to be "that guy" but, he was the grandson of the Chosen One- Great- Grandson of the Force itself. His instinctive force use actually rivaled early Skywalker himself. (I have no quotes/proof, only vague memories from the NJO series and even more indistinct recollections from Anakin/Kenobi apprentice books for 12 year olds)

Darth Truculent
Maul masterd the lightsaber form Juyo, but he also mastered teras kasi and incorporated the two in his fighting style. I can't remember who on this thread, but they stated that Maul used "fightsaber" - Maul used his body as a weapon. teras kasi is a very demanding martial art and difficult to master. Maul did both.
Maul also incorporated deception. In TPM, his double blade was severed right? He deceived Obi-Wan into thinking that he controlled the fight. Then oops, a Force-push and over the edge he went. It was Maul's cockiness that got himself killed.
Anakin would take him in the Force, but in saber and all out, he is far out classed.

kotorfan

eek! Happy Dance

i kno.. everyone is so uptight and critical about everything.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Maul masterd the lightsaber form Juyo, but he also mastered teras kasi and incorporated the two in his fighting style. I can't remember who on this thread, but they stated that Maul used "fightsaber" - Maul used his body as a weapon. teras kasi is a very demanding martial art and difficult to master. Maul did both.
Maul also incorporated deception. In TPM, his double blade was severed right? He deceived Obi-Wan into thinking that he controlled the fight. Then oops, a Force-push and over the edge he went. It was Maul's cockiness that got himself killed.
Anakin would take him in the Force, but in saber and all out, he is far out classed.

He didn't "deceive" him. he got put on his ass because he simply couldn't keep up. He was surprised by Obi-Wan's sudden increase of skill.

Cpt. Valerian
But, eventually, he kicked back Kenobi's ass and then his cockiness was his doom. Poor overconfident ****.

Final Blaxican
I would disagree. Random force push out of nowhere into the pit that was ever so conveniently placed directly behind him leads me to believe that he didn't whoop Obi-Wan's ass too badly. Obi-Wan had already taken out one lightsaber, which means that Maul's specialty was gone, and Obi-Wan had one less variable (Dual lightaber is dangerous because it's overwhelming), and while Maul was busy fighting Qui-Gon Obi-Wan was getting his breath back.

Cpt. Valerian
True. Still doesn't mean he's better, though.

Lord Lucien
True, the pit of doom was just an environmental bonus for Maul at that precise moment. Two minutes later however...

Darth Truculent
There are many aspects concerning lightsaber battles. Mastery of the body, deception and mastery of the weapon. Maul incorporated all three of these so Anakin would have a difficult time. But ultimately, I believe Maul would win the duel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.