Things Run a Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
This is Ben's current power level
Can he finish?

The list I made up may seem a little off, so if it does just put whom you believe can be beaten, or can not.

1. Luke Cage

2. Mr. Hyde

3. Tiger Shark

4. Rhino

5. Strong Guy

6. Ares

7. Namor

8. Wonder Man

9. Colossus

10. Abomination

11. Savage Hulk

Knowsbleed33
Stops at 7 depending on how long Namor has been out of the water.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Stops at 7 depending on how long Namor has been out of the water.

Agree stopping at 7, Namor should be fully super extra hot Wet lolz... stick out tongue

jrodslam
May possibly stop at 5. Definitely 7.

occultdestroyer
Stops at 5.

Strong Guy was able to lift Blob.
He would be able to throw Thing around with one hand.

Metalmanx
Stops at 5. Guido could take him.

tkitna
Yeah, Strong Guy would probably win.

vansonbee
Originally posted by tkitna
Yeah, Strong Guy would probably win.

The thing can genarate a powerful punch, not sure how Strong Guy can take 1-2 hit from Thing.. Strong Guy almost got knock out by WWH punch.

jalek moye
Thing also got dropped by 2 or 3 hits from wwhulk

Metalmanx
Originally posted by vansonbee
The thing can genarate a powerful punch, not sure how Strong Guy can take 1-2 hit from Thing.. Strong Guy almost got knock out by WWH punch.

You said it right there. WWH.

Walking plot device>>>>>>Thing.

But seriously, WWH was exceedingly stronger than Thing. Guido can take Thing's power and defeat him.

Soljer

Lulz at comparing the Thing to World War Hulk.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Metalmanx
You said it right there. WWH.

Walking plot device>>>>>>Thing.

But seriously, WWH was exceedingly stronger than Thing. Guido can take Thing's power and defeat him.

It same with Thing at 100 class and Colossus.
Thing can genarate a powerful punch due to his body rotation

Colossus is more durable due to his steel like body

Metalmanx

blink Err...why can't Colossus produce the same body rotation?

jalek moye

Well World war hulk is well above class 100, so its a different scale all together

vansonbee
blink Err...why can't Colossus produce the same body rotation?

You can prove me wrong with scan he does, but he just too bulky for that. I have seen colossus throwing straights

golem370
1. Luke Cage vs Thing = Thing

2. Mr. Hyde vs Thing = Thing

3. Tiger Shark = Thing

4. Rhino = Thing

5. Strong Guy = Thing 6/10

6. Ares vs Thing = Thing

7. Namor vs Thing = toss up

8. Wonder Man vs Thing = Toss Up

9. Colossus vs Thing = Thing imo

10. Abomination vs Thing = Abomination

11. Savage Hulk vs Thing = Hulk has the attributes to win but Thing has the smarts to win also toss up

Metalmanx
You can prove me wrong with scan he does, but he just too bulky for that. I have seen colossus throwing straights

That's just because Colossus is a better fighter/martial artist than Thing. He knows the correct way to throw a punch. erm

golem370
I think it debatable to say that Colossus is a better fighter then Thing.

vansonbee
Originally posted by golem370

That gonna be big touch one to solve and prove.

Metalmanx

I mean no disrespect to Thing whatsoever, but he's a brawler. And there's nothing wrong with that. It gets the job done. I know he used to be a great boxer, but that's about the extent of it.

But Colossus is actually an accomplished martial artist, with training from Cyclops, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler. And he's shown these skills before, too.

vansonbee
I mean no disrespect to Thing whatsoever, but he's a brawler. And there's nothing wrong with that. It gets the job done. I know he used to be a great boxer, but that's about the extent of it.

But Colossus is actually an accomplished martial artist, with training from Cyclops, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler. And he's shown these skills before, too.

You got that info from wiki? lolz almost the same sentence

Thing in his past life is boxer like you said, but his power grows, and he trains as well. What could rock monster do most of the years anyways?

Metalmanx

Thing in his past life is boxer like you said, but his power grows, and he trains as well. What could rock monster do most of the years anyways?

No, I didn't get it from wikipedia. Colosuss is probably my favorite X-Men character, so I think it's pretty safe to say that I know a lot about him.

And Colossus has also had decades of training. Combined with the hands-on training with Cyke, Wolvie, and NC, that puts him above Thing. Especially because he's a judo expert, which would rock Thing in a bad way (no pun intended).

golem370
I sure over the 46 years of Things been around he has more skilled then a boxer wreslter and a street fighter.

tkitna
1. Luke Cage vs Thing = Thing

2. Mr. Hyde vs Thing = Thing

3. Tiger Shark = Thing

4. Rhino = Thing

5. Strong Guy = Thing 6/10

6. Ares vs Thing = Thing

7. Namor vs Thing = toss up

8. Wonder Man vs Thing = Toss Up

9. Colossus vs Thing = Thing imo

10. Abomination vs Thing = Abomination

11. Savage Hulk vs Thing = Hulk has the attributes to win but Thing has the smarts to win also toss up

I dont know Golem. I'd disagree with some of your choices. Its definately possible for Thing to beat Strong Guy, but I cant give him a majority. Just opinion though. I think Wonder Man would beat Ben almost everytime. Just to strong and fast. Colossus is a toss up, but i'd give Ben the majority too. As for Savage Hulk, I cant see Ben winning any (and he hasent). Thing has never beaten the Hulk (except for Pineapple Thing). Oh well, just my opinions I suppose.

Metalmanx
I sure over the 46 years of Things been around he has more skilled then a boxer wreslter and a street fighter.

And Colossus has had 33 years training with top-tier fighters throughout his career as well as nigh-constant Danger Room training. It also helps a lot that he's a more humanoid build, enabling him to do numerous martial arts abilities that Thing cannot do.

vansonbee
And Colossus has had 33 years training with top-tier fighters throughout his career as well as nigh-constant Danger Room training. It also helps a lot that he's a more humanoid build, enabling him to do numerous martial arts abilities that Thing cannot do.

Just let you know comic years 60 so year is equal to 5-10 years lolz

golem370
I thought Thing beat Hulk a couple times using his smarts?

golem370
Thing has fought top tiers as well including Hulk Hercules Namor Iron Man Thor Wonder Man and many more.

Metalmanx
Just let you know comic years 60 so year is equal to 5-10 years lolz

Hah, I know. stick out tongue I was simply countering golem's statement. I see you didn't tell him that. wink

Darth Martin
Namor>Thing. If this is fully hydrated Namor that is.

tkitna
I thought Thing beat Hulk a couple times using his smarts?

I thought Ben never had beaten Hulk, but I could be wrong.

The Illuminati
That's just because Colossus is a better fighter/martial artist than Thing. He knows the correct way to throw a punch. erm

no expression

Colossus being a better fighter...

MARVEL disagrees with you. As do I.

The order of the ganuntlet isn't correct IMO it should go.

Cage <
Rhino <
Mr. Hyde <
Strong Guy <
Tiger Shark < Ben
Ares <
Colossus <
Wonder Man <
Namor =
Abomination =
Savage HULK >

tkitna
Wonder Man should be after Namor

jrodslam
Ares and Tigershark after Strong Guy?no

The only people is see Ben beating for a majority is Cage, Hyde, Rhino, Tigershark and Ares.

snoopdogg

There is comic proof to back that sh!t up son. If you need to see it let me know.

Priest
Hmm, Ares had a pretty good showing against Hercules, and Hercules curbstoped Wonder Man an issue before...
Seems to me that Ares> WonderMan...I don't want to believe it tho..

Oh and Ares beats Thing.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
There is comic proof to back that sh!t up son. If you need to see it let me know. Ah f*ck it.

Mentions acrobatic lessons from Nightcrawler during combat:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandAntaeus.jpg

Taking sword fighting lessons from Nightcrawler:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/Colossustraining_swords_Excalibur10.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/Colossustraining_swords2_Excalibur-.jpg

Mentions Judo lessons from Cyclops comes in handy:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandSasquatch2.jpg

And again:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus/ColossusjudotossinaSentinel.jpg

Colossus trains Sunspot on Kendo stick technique:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossustrainingNewMutants022.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossustrainingNewMutants2022.jpg

After thinking Colossus dead Wolverine mentions he has few enough sparring partners the way it is:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/Colossuskillinproteus2.jpg

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by jrodslam
Ares and Tigershark after Strong Guy?no

The only people is see Ben beating for a majority is Cage, Hyde, Rhino, Tigershark and Ares.

I put Ares so high up because of his fighting ability. Strong Guy was referred as Muscle Boy by Professor Hulk and one shotted, so he has had some low showings, and Rogue dealt with him as well.

I think my list is pretty accurate in terms of ability, strength, durability, and fighting skill.

1. Luke Cage

2. Mr. Hyde

3. Tiger Shark

4. Rhino

5. Strong Guy

6. Ares

7. Namor

8. Wonder Man

9. Colossus

10. Abomination

11. Savage Hulk

jrodslam
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I put Ares so high up because of his fighting ability. Strong Guy was referred as Muscle Boy by Professor Hulk and one shotted, so he has had some low showings, and Rogue dealt with him as well.

I think my list is pretty accurate in terms of ability, strength, durability, and fighting skill.

1. Luke Cage

2. Mr. Hyde

3. Tiger Shark

4. Rhino

5. Strong Guy

6. Ares

7. Namor

8. Wonder Man

9. Colossus

10. Abomination

11. Savage Hulk

Strong Guy was called muscle boy because of his huge arms. Strong Guy was never one shotted by Hulk. Guido's confrontation with Rogue is something called PIS/CIS. Consistent showings should be counted rather than low ones.erm

As far as your list goes, im a bit confused. Ability, strength, durability, and fighting skill? It seems like strength is taken more into account with that list more than anything else. Whats ability?

CaptainStoic
Strong Guy was called muscle boy because of his huge arms. Strong Guy was never one shotted by Hulk. Guido's confrontation with Rogue is something called PIS/CIS. Consistent showings should be counted rather than low ones.erm

As far as your list goes, im a bit confused. Ability, strength, durability, and fighting skill? It seems like strength is taken more into account with that list more than anything else. Whats ability?

1. Professor Hulk one shotted Guido and said to a few members of X-Factor that they just don't get it... "you and Muscle Boy can't stop me" or something to that effect.

2. Concerning Ability, strength, durability, and fighting skill, Namor could outfight Colossus but Peter is more durable, and stronger. Strong Guy has been consistently overloaded so he ranked lower than Ares who is just as strong as he is, but faster, and has thousands of years fighting experience on him.

The same thing goes for Wonder Man his flight speed durabilty and strength offsets the fact that he's really just a chump, and if he was only able to lift 80 tons i would put him at just above Mr. Hyde.

I really thought it through before I posted, and the only two that I would have switched would have been Tiger Shark for Rhino, but pins per pecentile gave Rhino a slight edge on him.

Performance my friend.

jrodslam
1. Professor Hulk one shotted Guido and said to a few members of X-Factor that they just don't get it... "you and Muscle Boy can't stop me" or something to that effect.

Again, Guido wasnt one shotted. He lasted the entire duration of that fight.

2. Concerning Ability, strength, durability, and fighting skill, Namor could outfight Colossus but Peter is more durable, and stronger. Strong Guy has been consistently overloaded so he ranked lower than Ares who is just as strong as he is, but faster, and has thousands of years fighting experience on him.

Id have to disagree about Colossus being stronger than Namor. More durable would depend on the situation(see Namor and Abom fight). Strong Guy has been overloaded a few times yes, however it usually always due to absorbing a major damage output. Something that none on this list can dish save for savage Hulk if enraged enough. Also, his overload was rid of via pacemaker from Forge. Writer of WWH either knew nothing about it or chose to ignore it. Is Ares as strong as Guido? Id like to see proof of that one. Faster? Fast enough to make a difference if they were to fight? H2h speed feats? Also 1,000s of years fighting exp is just that. Doesnt mean hed beat him in a fight because of it.

The same thing goes for Wonder Man his flight speed durabilty and strength offsets the fact that he's really just a chump, and if he was only able to lift 80 tons i would put him at just above Mr. Hyde.

I really thought it through before I posted, and the only two that I would have switched would have been Tiger Shark for Rhino, but pins per pecentile gave Rhino a slight edge on him.

Performance my friend.

Wonderman doesnt even have the durability he used to and thats not even counting his ionic form. Hell, Herc gave him a swolen face and had him down for the count even after being shot with poisons?, yet you have him higher than Namor?confused

Hey man, if you really thought it through, what can i say. I just noticed some flaws in your list. Tigershark wouldnt place higher than Cage imo either. Id actually have Hyde 1st considering his power fluctuates more than anyone on the list and gets beat by a street lvl'er on average.

Performance? I guess.

Edit: P.S. Not trying to ruin your thread or anything, so i hope you dont think im trying to. Fact is, Thing doesnt clear it and loses to most on the list.

CaptainStoic

Id have to disagree about Colossus being stronger than Namor. More durable would depend on the situation(see Namor and Abom fight). Strong Guy has been overloaded a few times yes, however it usually always due to absorbing a major damage output. Something that none on this list can dish save for savage Hulk if enraged enough. Also, his overload was rid of via pacemaker from Forge. Writer of WWH either knew nothing about it or chose to ignore it. Is Ares as strong as Guido? Id like to see proof of that one. Faster? Fast enough to make a difference if they were to fight? H2h speed feats? Also 1,000s of years fighting exp is just that. Doesnt mean hed beat him in a fight because of it.

Wonderman doesnt even have the durability he used to and thats not even counting his ionic form. Hell, Herc gave him a swolen face and had him down for the count even after being shot with poisons?, yet you have him higher than Namor?confused

Hey man, if you really thought it through, what can i say. I just noticed some flaws in your list. Tigershark wouldnt place higher than Cage imo either. Id actually have Hyde 1st considering his power fluctuates more than anyone on the list and gets beat by a street lvl'er on average.

Performance? I guess.

Edit: P.S. Not trying to ruin your thread or anything, so i hope you dont think im trying to. Fact is, Thing doesnt clear it and loses to most on the list.

I see your point, many retcons have been done, and for the past year Wonder Man has been very suspect to me, but when Sentry fought Ultron, Simon wanted to stay behind claiming that he was just a powerful as the Sentry... at least in his mind, so I'm still willing to give him time to prove it.

I do see your points though, and very valid ones they are.

jrodslam
I see your point, many retcons have been done, and for the past year Wonder Man has been very suspect to me, but when Sentry fought Ultron, Simon wanted to stay behind claiming that he was just a powerful as the Sentry... at least in his mind, so I'm still willing to give him time to prove it.

I do see your points though, and very valid ones they are.

Youre right. Warbird or Ms.Marvel(whatever she goes by) seemed like the ultimate hater when he cut him off in mid sentence. Why not let him stay? Its like now, the curiosity is in many ppl's heads because wed actually like to see him get the chance to shine like he did back in the last 80's-90's pre ionic form.

joshypooh
Makes it to 6.

Mindset

Umm, Herc was shot with Hydra poison which made him go into a mindless rage, which pretty much increased his strength.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Mindset
Umm, Herc was shot with Hydra poison which made him go into a mindless rage, which pretty much increased his strength.

Yea but wasnt the poison suppose to weaken/hinder him in battle? Did his strength really increase from being enraged? It just appeared that he was going all out on Simon.

Mindset
Yea but wasnt the poison suppose to weaken/hinder him in battle? Did his strength really increase from being enraged? It just appeared that he was going all out on Simon. I'm not sure Ares expected that to happen, he seemed to think it would kill Herc, but it ended up with him becoming enraged.

I mean it's not like a Hulk strength increase with anger thing, but he was trying to kill, so he wasn't holding back, like you mentioned.

It may have eventually weakened Herc, but for most of the comic it didn't, I don't exactly remember what happened at the end, I think Natasha was just able to calm him down and it was over, not sure if they cured him later or it just wore off.

lordmohahat
hulk and abom and wet namor beat thing for the majority 8/10 maybe 9/10 cos they just too strong for ben. but nobody on this list save for a pissed off hulk can stomp ben with ease cos mrs grimms blue eyed boy is no coward and has more heart than most of the marvel universe. when has ben ever give up? he been beat up and knocked out but thing never gives up. and that gives him a slight majority over everyone else.

llagrok

snoopdogg

I have not seen it in awhile But I recall Guido getting beat up pretty easily. To the point where they thought Hulk was gonna kill him iirc.

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I have not seen it in awhile But I recall Guido getting beat up pretty easily. To the point where they thought Hulk was gonna kill him iirc.

Hulk did have his way with him yea, but he(guido) was certainly not out of the fight. It was polaris who stated hulk looked as if was killing guido after one hit, lol.

SuperiorTech
http://img135.imagevenue.com/loc937/th_94170_Incredible_Hulk_391_6Large9-17_122_937lo.jpghttp://img195.imagevenue.com/loc217/th_94172_Incredible_Hulk_391_3Large6-18_122_217lo.jpghttp://img229.imagevenue.com/loc513/th_94180_Incredible_Hulk_391_7Large1-19_122_513lo.jpghttp://img217.imagevenue.com/loc429/th_94182_Incredible_Hulk_391_4Large4-20_122_429lo.jpg
http://img170.imagevenue.com/loc1164/th_94184_Incredible_Hulk_391_3Large3-21_122_1164lo.jpghttp://img203.imagevenue.com/loc506/th_94185_Incredible_Hulk_391_6Large0-22_122_506lo.jpg

Endrict Nuul
Barely beats 6 but stops at 7 real hard.

occultdestroyer

durlaugh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.