Doom with IG in Illuminati mini-series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
This story is going to be huge and kick ass.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/908/908526p1.html

September 8, 2008 - At IGN Comics we're always on the prowl for the latest and greatest art, especially pieces that seem to indicate huge things for future comic book storylines. (Sometimes that isn't always the case, but hey, great art is great art.) This time we have one that seems to answer one of the bigger questions related to Marvel's Illuminati mini-series: What has become of the Infinity Gems?

The Marvel Universe is full of beings possessing overwhelming power, but none of their abilities can stand next to the Infinity Gems and the gauntlet that can unify them. Named Time, Space, Mind, Soul, Reality and Power for the aspects of the universe they can control, these gems have been the source of cosmic power struggles in the past... and now it appears Victor Von Doom might have discovered their hidden locations.

During the New Avengers: Illuminati limited series by Brian Bendis and Jimmy Cheung, the Illuminati gained possession of all six gems. Determined to prevent abuse of the artifacts, each of the members (Charles Xavier, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Namor and Dr. Strange) was given one of the gems for safekeeping. It looks as though Doom might have found a way to locate the gems, and he now will have the power he has desired for so long.

Marvel sent us this cover, which is done by prolific cover artist Marko Djurdjevic. We don't know what series or storyline this is for, though the presence of the Eternals does lead us to believe this could belong to the current ongoing series. It could be for something much bigger. Time will tell. All we know is this art kicks ass - and we hope the storyline lives up to the cover.

Faux Smurph
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/908/908526/teaser-image-dooms-infinite-gauntlet-20080908010233471.jpg

Ridiculously awesome.

Endrict Nuul
Does anyone else see the Celestials reflection in Dooms glove??

OH SWEET!!!!

starlock
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Does anyone else see the Celestials reflection in Dooms glove??

OH SWEET!!!!

But i see Doom also in the reflection....could this be a Doombot with the IG and Doom is trying to get it from it? or is he helping to get it back....who knows confused

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by starlock
But i see Doom also in the reflection....could this be a Doombot with the IG and Doom is trying to get it from it? or is he helping to get it back....who knows confused

Good point..... confused

Endless Mike
I thought LT disabled the IG

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I thought LT disabled the IG

And each member of the Illuminati have hid the gems, Doom must have found them somehow.

Philosophía
Awesome pic.

id369
Looks like a battle just took place, Captain America and Ironman have fallen, Doom looks in trouble.

We know Tony belongs to the Illuminati, and we recently found out that that the 2nd host of Celestial's harbor much hate, by Tiamut own words. With the threat of the Celestials looming, I can see Tony rat out, which leads Doom to hunt for the gems and take on the celestials, eventually becoming power drunk....er again.

Philosophía
Perhaps it's a Doom Skrull/Paralel Universe Doom/Doom from Secret Wars brought back by the Beyonder (since he appeared in New Avengers: Illuminati) or something like that.

Endless Mike

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Endless Mike
A Parellel Universe Skrull brought back by the Beyonder?

When has a Skrull even been that important for the Beyonder to do that?

Galan007
reed possessed the IG during the first illuminati run. so i'm not overly shocked that doom has it this time. meh.

roughrider
The Living Tribunal isn't affected by the IG. He could step in and end the story anytime he wanted. Now, if Doom had The Heart Of The Universe...

jalek moye
o my, he's gonna rape everyone

and that cover imply a return of steve rogers

Symmetric Chaos
Oddly enough:

http://crowell.typepad.com/photos/comic_cover_gallery/secret_wars_10.jpg

skyfather
Originally posted by Faux Smurph
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/908/908526/teaser-image-dooms-infinite-gauntlet-20080908010233471.jpg

Ridiculously awesome.

F*CK YEAH!!

Bad Ash231
Damn, for a moment I thought that was just fan art.

Bouboumaster
It will be the SHIT! ****IN' SOOO COOL!

Wish Thanos come back to school Doom!

jalek moye
i'm still wondering whats with the reflection from the guantlet

Galan007
Originally posted by jalek moye
i'm still wondering whats with the reflection from the guantlet celestials + doom from "secret wars" #10 + captain america/ironman. from what i can tell.

guy222
should be good

Endrict Nuul
I am so booking this in advance.

OneDumbG0
My guess is that Doom learns of the Fifth Host. Doom obtains Infinity Gems to combat them. Discovers he can't use them in unison. Uses them individually to go back in time to the Secret Wars storyline, usurp Beyonder's power to combat the Fifth Host.

But I like the Doombot idea.

jalek moye
well i'm so buying this

and since that reflection shows a downed captain america in the original suit

I'm hoping that means steve's coming back, cuase i really hate Bucky

Endrict Nuul
There is no clues on when this is comming out right?

Endrict Nuul
Yeah, the Doombot is a really good idea.

Symmetric Chaos
Maybe the Beyonder was really Doom w/ the IG from the future gone back in time to find the Beyonder (who he doesn't know is him) in order to fight the Celestials.

And if I'm right you all have to give me cookies mad

ExodusCloak
I wonder if this has anything to do with the Illuminaughty? Or are Loki and Namor just being used?

Priest
Oooo, this looks good.
DOOM ROCKS!

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
My guess is that Doom learns of the Fifth Host. Doom obtains Infinity Gems to combat them. Discovers he can't use them in unison. Uses them individually to go back in time to the Secret Wars storyline, usurp Beyonder's power to combat the Fifth Host.

But I like the Doombot idea.

Make sure he goes back to SWI or II timeline and not SW III, otherwise he'd have post retcon Beyonder power, which is way below even one Celestial. eek!

manjaro
sooooooooooo that means that Doom has somehow overridden LT's edict that the gems can never work in concert again?

CaptainStoic
Can't wait to get a date of release.

carnage52
every ***** is gonna get schooled

Phantom Zone
Ummm is Doom badass because im not quite sure.

Superherovandal
Haven't they done enough evil villain gets IG stories?

psycho gundam
well, the assembled celestials in the pic were: arishem: the judge, nezarr: the calculator, tefral: the surveyor, and hargen: the measurer. only specific celestials show up for events/hosts so maybe that is a clue to what is going on. the artist also drew arishem with his hand of judgment in the side position.

for example, the one above all and ziran: the tester confronted thanos during the ig fight, thanos was being tested by the cosmic powers in that story since eternity wanted the ig for himself. toaa is the leader so he always comes with the host no matter what.

Red Hulk
What would happen if the Celestials were the one to beat Doom...

Mr Master
Ah yes, the long awaited (2009) 'What If' series ... is finally here.

"What If Secret Wars - What if Doctor Doom had kept the Beyonder's power?"
(sadly, Beyonder's retcon is canon/in-effect, so this isn't classic Beyonder)

This particular issue, how the IG is tied in, should be bad ass.
(Post-retcon Beyonder/empowered Doom vs a Doom-bot/IG,
or the real Doom/w/IG from the future (as in present)?) ...
... Remember folks, that was not 616 Doom in the original Secret Wars)

I'm personally waiting for:

"What If House of M -
What if the Scarlet Witch had said 'No More Powers' instead of 'No More Mutants'?"

(teaser insight)

"It's the day after, and there are no superpowers in the Marvel universe,
so that leaves Iron Man as the only one to defend us," Reed said."

Crazy Wanda, de-powers the entire Marvel Universe not just Mutants. smile

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mr Master
"What If House of M -
What if the Scarlet Witch had said 'No More Powers' instead of 'No More Mutants'?"

(teaser insight)

"It's the day after, and there are no superpowers in the Marvel universe,

So Reed's an idiot without superpowers?

OneDumbG0
This particular issue, how the IG is tied in, should be bad ass.
(Post-retcon Beyonder/empowered Doom vs a Doom-bot/IG,
or the real Doom/w/IG from the future (as in present)?) ...
... Remember folks, that was not 616 Doom in the original Secret Wars)Why isn't it 616 Doom? It's the Dr. Doom from the relative future, but only a few years in the future from Secret Wars AND from 616 continuity. Indeed, that Dr. Doom is from the past if we look at it from here from Fantastic Four #288.

Dr. Doom is in the body of the poor guy he Ovoid Mind Transferred into after Terrax and Silver Surfer destroyed his original body. Secret Wars II Beyonder sends him back to participate in Secret Wars and at the end of Secret Wars, Beyonder banishes him back to the "present." Which Reed himself, reminds him to do so to close the time loop, IIRC. That Doom was from 616 continuity. He participated in the original Secret Wars, and he was sent back from it with his memory intact.

Mr Master

Why isn't it 616 Doom? It's the Dr. Doom from the relative future, but only a few years in the future from Secret Wars AND from 616 continuity. Indeed, that Dr. Doom is from the past if we look at it from here from Fantastic Four #288.

Dr. Doom is in the body of the poor guy he Ovoid Mind Transferred into after Terrax and Silver Surfer destroyed his original body. Secret Wars II Beyonder sends him back to participate in Secret Wars and at the end of Secret Wars, Beyonder banishes him back to the "present." Which Reed himself, reminds him to do so to close the time loop, IIRC. That Doom was from 616 continuity. He participated in the original Secret Wars, and he was sent back from it with his memory intact.
We slightly disagree here I think,
there are a few details, yet, we may be saying the same thing.

The mind/spirit of 616 Doom was in the old man,
the Doom in Secret Wars was a future alternate of Doom,
that should not have existed, but did because of what Beyonder did in #288.

Originally, 616 present Doom did not participate in Secret Wars,
that was a non-existent future-self of Doom placed in the War by the Beyonder.

You're right, it is Doom from the future, but for that very reason it's not 616 Doom,
as you know,
every representation of future/time of 616 is located in a separate alternate reality,
until said time within 616 is reached, to determine if said future/time turned out,
until then, every future is just a possible alternate. (thus their alternate reality location)

This is why the loop occurred,
when time reached the point from where Beyonder took Doom,
the time stream could not move forward, and instead was on the brink of collapse,
because there was no Doom in the future to begin with,
therefore Beyonder manipulated that future Doom's existence.

Then Beyonder transfered 616 Doom's spirit/mind back to it's proper place,
then Beyonder sent the 616 transfered Doom back to the original Secret Wars,
in order for 616 Doom to now become the character in Secret Wars,
then Beyonder sped up time, Secret Wars reached the present, and Doom was back.

So yea, I agree with you if this is what you mean,
basically Beyonder re-wrote time,
so that the original 616 Doom could participate in Secret Wars.

But I was referring to the facts before Beyonder fixed everything.

OneDumbG0
We slightly disagree here I think,
there are a few details, yet, we may be saying the same thing.

The mind/spirit of 616 Doom was in the old man,
the Doom in Secret Wars was a future alternate of Doom,
that should not have existed, but did because of what Beyonder did in #288.I don't believe Doom ever transferred into an old man. If you mean something different, you'll have to clarify. This orange-haired fellow is the guy he Ovoid Mind Transferred into (an innocent bystander) when Terrax and Silver Surfer destroyed Dr. Doom's original body:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsBeyonder13288.jpg
Originally, 616 present Doom did not participate in Secret Wars,
that was a non-existent future-self of Doom placed in the War by the Beyonder...

So yea, I agree with you if this is what you mean,
basically Beyonder re-wrote time,
so that the original 616 Doom could participate in Secret Wars.

But I was referring to the facts before Beyonder fixed everything. I don't know what you're referring to. I don't remember there being a "before Beyonder fixed everything." That's how it always was. Yes, you end up with a chicken-egg-chicken-egg conundrum, but that happens all the time in comic books. The Dr. Doom that was blinked onto that ship at the very beginning of Secret Wars was always the Dr. Doom from Fantastic Four #288 unless there is something I'm missing. I don't remember there being a non-existent future-self of Doom before the FF #288 Dr. Doom.

Mr Master

I don't believe Doom ever transferred into an old man. If you mean something different, you'll have to clarify. This orange-haired fellow is the guy he Ovoid Mind Transferred into (an innocent bystander) when Terrax and Silver Surfer destroyed Dr. Doom's original body:
That's who I'm talking about, pardon the "old" man stamp.

That scan is from before the revelation was revealed.

I don't know what you're referring to.
I don't remember there being a "before Beyonder fixed everything."
That's how it always was.
"before Beyonder fixed everything"

Is referring to Beyonder closing the loop by re-placing the non-existent future-self Doom,
with 616 Doom's mind/spirit.

Yes, you end up with a chicken-egg-chicken-egg conundrum, but that happens all the time in comic books. The Dr. Doom that was blinked onto that ship at the very beginning of Secret Wars was always the Dr. Doom from Fantastic Four #288 unless there is something I'm missing. I don't remember there being a non-existent future-self of Doom before the FF #288 Dr. Doom.
The Dr Doom that was blinked onto that ship was from the future:

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/6926/b1qw4.th.jpg

While the mind/spirit of present day 616 Doom of 1984
was in the orange haired fellow's body.

In fact, up until that point in #288,
616 Doom had never met or seen the Beyonder:

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/8337/beyondercontrolovertimelifejo7.th.jpg

OneDumbG0
^ Ok. Now I see.

ExodusCloak
So this most probably has something to do with this Dark Reign thing then?

http://www.marvel.com/news/comics.4836.Prepare_for_a_Dark_Reign

2009 = Year of the Villians. A new book called the Dark Avengers.

The Eclipse was said to be symbolic most likely the Void blocking out the Sun(Sentry).

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff90/elixir86/SIPanelPix.jpg

Philosophía
Expectations owned smile

http://www.newsarama.com/preview_images/marvelnew/dec08/whatcsecw001_cov.jpg

Endless Mike
Eh, I'll still read it

Mr Master

Ah yes, the long awaited (2009) 'What If' series ... is finally here.

"What If Secret Wars - What if Doctor Doom had kept the Beyonder's power?"
(sadly, Beyonder's retcon is canon/in-effect, so this isn't classic Beyonder)

I'm personally waiting for:

"What If House of M -

(teaser insight)

"It's the day after, and there are no superpowers in the Marvel Universe,

That sounds insane.

In another 'What if'
... an alternate HOM Wanda warped every Earth across all Timelines in existence.

The Witch was no joke friends, even her alternates!

guy222
hmm

I'll read em both

Mr Master
thumb up Should make an awesome read.

guy222
thumb up

invisiblewoman
sounds awesome!

Anti-Monitor
Bump...what did y'all think?

Galan007
I liked it.

I thought it was badass that Doom assembled the IG, just 'cuz lol.

I'm Bran
This is easily the best 'one-shot' I have read.

Endless Mike
I think it fits in with the theory of the 616 versions of things being more powerful - this version of the Beyonder and IG seemed to be much weaker than the 616 versions

Good read over all

vlaaad12345
Yeah would def have to agree to that mike,but that was an awesome series.

ExodusCloak
I've always like Karl Bollers.

Priest
Great Book, even better art smile

jalek moye
it was amazing, and really portrayed what kind of man Doom really is. And him standing before all the celestials was just badass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.