Invade Doom's Castle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
A group of heroes have planned to penetrate Doom's castle to steal a very powerful item - because if Doom is able to extract its energy and use it for his own means, it could mean the end of the world as we know it.

Doom has only learned about this bold plan on the day of the attempt, and has had 16 hours of preparation time to bolster his defenses and install all sorts of weapons, detection devices, and booby traps. And of course, the greatest weapon and danger in the castle is Doom himself!

- Doom does not know exactly when the team will strike.

- Each team has had 3 weeks of preparation.

- Heroes do not have to engage in a head-on fight with Doom. The aim is to by-pass the defenses, remain undetected if possible and steal the item. However, certain characters will probably take a less subtle approach (e.g Team Strength).

- Of course Doom will do everything in his power to safeguard his item as well as destroy these insignificant pests.

Initially, there was to be a large scale assault on the castle by a large group of heroes. Unfortunately, moments before the mission, a much larger threat (Galactus and his heralds have arrived on Earth) has demanded the attention of most of the heroes. Only one team must stay and complete the mission by themselves.

You have a few choices for a team for this mission:

Team Stealth
- Invisible Woman
- Phantom Girl
- Nightcrawler
- Invisible Kid

Team Strength
- Hulk
- Abomination
- Thor (Classic)
- Colossus

Team Element
- Iceman
- Human Torch
- Electro
- Hydro-Man

Team Speed
- Quicksilver
- Northstar
- Aurora
- The Flash (Wally West - No Speed Force)

Team Over-Rated
- Batman
- Captain America
- Wolverine
- Daredevil
- Taskmaster

Another possible team could be called for this mission, however they did not have any planning time and will be playing this one based on instincts - because of this, it will most likely end in a straight confrontation with Von Doom (who has prepped himself for this sort of fight):

Team Powerhouse
- Magneto
- Reed Richards
- Wonder Woman

The fate of the world lies in your hands, choose wisely!

Phantom Zone
Sorry but the stipulations are abit confusing...its one from each category? What were you saying about team powerhouse?

lordmohahat
team strength smashes dooms castle with ease and then breaks said item not bothering to steal it

Placidity
@ Phantom Zone

- You have to pick 1 team (the teams are already listed) to complete the mission.

- All teams have had 3 weeks prep for the mission
* Team Powerhouse does not, since they only came at the last minute.

Placidity
Originally posted by lordmohahat
team strength smashes dooms castle with ease and then breaks said item not bothering to steal it

Well the use of brute strength to power through the castle will no doubt catch the attention of Doom. Now I did say Doom had 16 hours of prep, so the question is, can Team Strength beat a prepped Doom...?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Placidity
@ Phantom Zone

- You have to pick 1 team (the teams are already listed) to complete the mission.

- All teams have had 3 weeks prep for the mission
* Team Powerhouse does not, since they only came at the last minute.

Team overated then.

Placidity
^ Due to Bat-prep? hehe

Bouboumaster
Team Strenght. They don't even need the prep. They go trough the castle, lay it down the smack down to Doom, destroy the castle, take the item, and walk away.

llagrok
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team Strenght. They don't even need the prep. They go trough the castle, lay it down the smack down to Doom, destroy the castle, take the item, and walk away.

Philosophía
Originally posted by llagrok

If Thor wasn't there, you wouldn't agree with him. Fanboy.

basilisk
Team Stealth - because of Invisible Woman, Doom is probably well prepared for invisible people. He's dealt with teleporters before too. I think this team has some chance of getting near the artifact but not much chance of getting away with it.

Team Element - an Omega level Iceman is the only hope here, but Doom has shown a couple of times that he can switch off mutant powers and might have a few other things up his sleeve. I wouldn't pick them.

Team Speed - without speedforce Flash, no.

Team Over-Rated - No. They have skill and smarts but no real power to back it up. With prep and on home territory for Doom I don't like their chances.

Team Strength - Colossus is not a factor. Doom probably has devices that could take Abomination & Hulk out of the game because they lack flight or other powers (teleport them into orbit as soon as they arrive). Thor would be troublesome to Doom as we have seen before. I might go with this team just because Thor is there. On the other hand they lack smarts, and that could get them in trouble.

Team Powerhouse - even without prep they have a good combination of genius and a familiarity with Doom (Reed and Mags) and crazy power levels (Mags and WW) and Doom wouldn't know anything about WW.

WW is ridiculous these days with all the multiple light speed stuff - I mean she's not the Flash but since speedforce isn't allowed here, she's actually better in this context. Light speed+, strength and all the silly power-ups - this type of DC character probably doesn't belong in a Marvel mission, but she's here so...

Mags can put up a decent fight and wouldn't get taken down quickly if at all (unless switching off mutant powers comes up). Combine him with WW in attack and that's a tough combo to deal with with Reed sneaking around in the background.

I think I would go with this team.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.