Will You Watch Season 8?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Amazon
How many of you will watch Smallville Season 8 after last years debacle.

BruceSkywalker
I will watch this only to see Erica Durance

hermione7
me I'll watch it because of clois haha

Amazon
Since Michael Rosenbaum isn't going to be in them anymore I'm not going to watch it. I learned the hard way last year that the commercials don't portray the episodes very well.

FistOfThe North
what?! M.B. won't be in smallville anymore!

whoa..he was the shows' best actor. why'd he leave? And who'll play Lex?

ill definetely watch s.8 for this one...

Neo_Version 7
I was initially reluctant to follow Season 8 (Lex *and* Lionel out?!) but after reading an interview with Erica Durance, Season 8 is starting to interest me if only for Lois and Clark's relationship.

Amazon
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
what?! M.B. won't be in smallville anymore!

whoa..he was the shows' best actor. why'd he leave? And who'll play Lex?

ill definetely watch s.8 for this one...

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not. But no he's not going to be in it. And from the commercials he's not in the premier episode and clarke is half dead with Chloe crying over him.

My guess for season 8 is, If season 7's writing was any indication. Lex will disappear for most of the season because MB is gone and they couldn't think of better writing for Lex and Clarks final blow out. Clark is lying there half dead and Chloe uses her healing powers to heal him. And because she uses her powers to heal a kryptonian it finally kills her for real thus leaving Clark free to be with Lois. Lana is gone now too, but I bet by the end of season 8 we'll find out that Lex and Lana have hooked up in some secret underground cave where they are building some super army or something. All the while Clark doesn't have to deal with Lex trying to control him until the end of season 8 and it will be over in 1 episode.

If I hear good reviews of Season 8 I'll start to watch it again. But if not I'm not going to waist my time. So if it's good please post here.

Neo_Version 7
That's the thing. I've always found Smallville to have a lot of filler episodes (and most honestly suck). I'm actually thinking how it would be like if it were a mini-series or at least didn't have 20+ episodes every season.

Amazon
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
That's the thing. I've always found Smallville to have a lot of filler episodes (and most honestly suck). I'm actually thinking how it would be like if it were a mini-series or at least didn't have 20+ episodes every season.

It's mostly lazy writing and they're trying to milk the superman thing for all it's worth. It would have been much better to have 2 or 3 seasons without any filler to make every episode intense.

I've said it a billion times, if smallville were real lex would have found out Clark was an alien within the first month. They've dumbed down the evil genious so they have milk the show for all it's worth. Which sucks because Lex is the best character in my opinon and I absolutley love michael rosenbaum.

Neo_Version 7
Oh, definitely. I agree on your point that Lex would have known Clark's secret by now. But personally, I suspend my disbelief on that one point as a lot of great character development would not have been possible had Lex found out from the get-go. But I see where you're coming from.

All I know is, without the Luthors there -- who I thought were the best characters -- it's a big risk to continue the show. We'll just have to wait and see.

hermione7
convincing you guys to watch season 8

episode 1 clips already in youtube

lane and kent rocking!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H70IfZlk5J8&feature=user

Lois & Clark Rescue Chloe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUN9XrdP4HY

Lois & Clark at the DP

Neo_Version 7
Haha

"Why don't you give your stand-up a rest?"

JeRo
Jeez ... if some1 doesn't like it just don't watch it. No need to make dramas and etc. It`s just a TV Show to watch in your spare time and relax. The end of the world won`t come if its not as good as some1 wanted it to be

Darth Vicious
Ill watch it since Ive been watching the show from the beginning but truth be told, last couple of seasons sucked ass and the Season 8 premiere wasnt all that. How many times is Jor-el gonna take his powers?

Neo_Version 7
Yeah, thanks Clark. Now we don't have Martian Manhunter.

JeRo
Yeah ... this taking/loosing powers thing is really annoying >.>

Magee
Asking people who visit a smallville forum if they will watch the newest season, lol?

Amazon
Originally posted by Magee
Asking people who visit a smallville forum if they will watch the newest season, lol?

It was just a curious poll. I used to come to this board religiously last year and the year before. But season 7 was such a crap o rama fest and everyone seemed completely pissed about it that I was curious about how many people would continue to watch it.

hermione7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig_D99TeOTg

don't know where to put this preview Clois!!

Magee
Originally posted by Amazon
It was just a curious poll. I used to come to this board religiously last year and the year before. But season 7 was such a crap o rama fest and everyone seemed completely pissed about it that I was curious about how many people would continue to watch it. I agree, season 7 was pretty dull and uninteresting but I like where they appear to be going with season 8 and the whole metropolis, reporter and being a hero. The way season 8 has started makes me think they can't keep it up for very long with out bringing out the suit which is why it will probably side track with some boring plot. I will be watching season 8 but I just hope it's the last. Spin off ftw!

RevoWution™©®
Hell yes I'll watch season 8, with or without Lex. Haven't missed an episode since it's inception!!

@stroFan
I have watched for 7 years, ill be damned to go that long and not see it through till the end. Last year, was a dud, but it seems like new regime are going out of there way to show that things have changed. I honestly havent missed Lex, and not having Lana automatically makes the show much better. And Starkiller was very good in his first episode as Davis.

Amazon
The thing that disappoints me most about Smallville is the lame writing and bad plot holes and twists that go no where. All the lame reasons Lex couldn't figure out Clark was an alien. Then at the very last episode he finds out, and everyone is freaking out that he will try to control clark, but nothing happens. The fortress collapses and Lex disappears.... Seriously... That is completely F****** lame. I haven't watched season 8 but from the commercials it seems as though they aren't even talking about it let alone having Clark be controlled by Lex. 7 years of build up for THAT puke Michael rosenbaum deserved better than that.

hermione7
Lex might return

-----------------------

From a guy who worked with the show and knows what he's talking about. Word is spreading that Lex will be making a return to Smallville this season. Its not specified exactly when or for how long, but I wanted to let everyone know in case you haven't seen it yet.

http://morrischapdelaine.com/posts/show/84

"In other related news...its starting to sound more and more like Lex WILL be making a return to Smallville soon...I'll just leave you with that teaser until I know more. I hear their first episodes are looking really sick, and the cast and crew is excited to hear the fan response."

I would like to suggest that we don't fill up his email box with questions, or bombard his blog with questions. He can't say more than he already is, please respect that.

This is HUGE news. And I'm sure when more about it becomes available we'll know about it.

Amazon
Originally posted by hermione7
Lex might return

-----------------------

From a guy who worked with the show and knows what he's talking about. Word is spreading that Lex will be making a return to Smallville this season. Its not specified exactly when or for how long, but I wanted to let everyone know in case you haven't seen it yet.

http://morrischapdelaine.com/posts/show/84

"In other related news...its starting to sound more and more like Lex WILL be making a return to Smallville soon...I'll just leave you with that teaser until I know more. I hear their first episodes are looking really sick, and the cast and crew is excited to hear the fan response."

I would like to suggest that we don't fill up his email box with questions, or bombard his blog with questions. He can't say more than he already is, please respect that.

This is HUGE news. And I'm sure when more about it becomes available we'll know about it.

I don't think that is news. I think it was always suggested that even though michael rosenbaum was no longer in the show that he would make guest appearances every now and then. I bet he'll show up closer to the end of season 8 to finish everything off. When and if he does come back I will totally watch those episodes. He's soooo yummy and an awesome villian. Looooev sexy lexy.

rogy31
I still think Smallville is Awesome... It is darker, but had toi go that way if you arent having a freak of the week... I miss Lana, I loved the love story... It is also nice to see clark and Lois getting closer... The show still rocks!

BigRed
I love the show. I don't follow the comics or anything about that, so it doesn't bother me if they stray from them or whatever.

I love the Lois and Clark story. They keep teasing it and teasing it with a slow build and the pay off will be huge when they finally do get together (for me at least).

Plus, I love the DD storyline.

hermione7

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.