Thrawn with Revan as a Second in command

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkSerpent
Have all of the Executor-Class and each has a Eclipse-Class to command from. Also, between them, atleast 200,000 Star Destroyer-Class ships

Full fighter capacity.

The fighters stored are Jedi Starfighters adpated so anybody can use them.

They are against the Vong and CIS combined.

Their soldiers are Mandalorians and Fett clones.

Whatever they have left(If they win, both Eclipse Class vessels survive)
if they come out victorious, the take on everybody in the war that Krayt and his Sith start.

Mizukage Yoda
No they lose...badly. The CIS is stated to have quintillions of battledroids and millions of capital ships alone in ICS. And the Vong managed to threaten the Galaxy at large and managed to take the Galactic Capital. That combined with the sheer prowest of GG who is quite the military Genius himself makes Thrawn and Revan dead men. Dooku will board Revan's flagship and impale him through the chest when the battle is done.

Enyalus
Originally posted by DarkSerpent
Have all of the Executor-Class and each has a Eclipse-Class to command from. Also, between them, atleast 200,000 Star Destroyer-Class ships

Full fighter capacity.

The fighters stored are Jedi Starfighters adpated so anybody can use them.

They are against the Vong and CIS combined.

Their soldiers are Mandalorians and Fett clones.

Whatever they have left(If they win, both Eclipse Class vessels survive)
if they come out victorious, the take on everybody in the war that Krayt and his Sith start.

Your team wins. Here is all the analysis needed:

Thrawn and Revan are full of win.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Enyalus
Your team wins. Here is all the analysis needed:

Thrawn and Revan are full of win.

That logic is too much for me to comprehend!!! It's so smart!!! Ugh!!!!

http://www.philadelphia-reflections.com/images/atombomb.jpg

Above: My brain

xxxpoppunker182
Thrawn and Revan could take this they are the best military strategists in the SW universe.

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
No they lose...badly. The CIS is stated to have quintillions of battledroids and millions of capital ships alone in ICS. And the Vong managed to threaten the Galaxy at large and managed to take the Galactic Capital. That combined with the sheer prowest of GG who is quite the military Genius himself makes Thrawn and Revan dead men. Dooku will board Revan's flagship and impale him through the chest when the battle is done. They are allowed to capture ships and(If they can) reprogram the Droid Control ships once they do.

DarkSerpent
Are you forgeting the Executor-Class Ships(all of them) Have 10x the firepower of the standard Star Destroyer.

And both the Eclipse and Eclipse II can blow through a ship with one shot with their superlasers.

DarkSerpent
Oh and let's up the numbers two Half of the Empires Star Destroyers.

Gideon
Half of the Empire's capital ships, as commanded by two near-omniscient tactitions, and the most powerful Destroyer in galactic history at their finger tips?

Meh. The Vong and CIS are threatening only due to sheer numbers. But Thrawn and Revan can win.

Mizukage Yoda
Hm I don't know they do have GG who was also a masterful tactician, and the only reason why Revan won in the Mandalorian wars is he vastly outnumbered him

Gideon
Hm I don't know they do have GG who was also a masterful tactician, and the only reason why Revan won in the Mandalorian wars is he vastly outnumbered him

General Grievous is a masterful condition. But he's definitely no Thrawn or Zaarin. Moreover, Revan won because he's a badass tactition in addition to numbers. Lastly, Imperial technology and militarization kicks the holy shit out of any other regime in history. You pick a Star Wars navy, and in every possible way, the Imperials do it better. Including the Vong and CIS. By a considerable margin.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Gideon
Half of the Empire's capital ships, as commanded by two near-omniscient tactitions, and the most powerful Destroyer in galactic history at their finger tips?

What Gideon is attempting to say, in a less eloquent manner, is: Thrawn and Revan are full of win.

Mizukage Yoda
Not convinced The Vong are exceptionally powerful warriors and have a descent Navy, as well as the CIS which pwns in the category of Naval engagements. I'd say the CIS and Vong win on sheer numbers. And personally I don't say Revan was that great of a tactician.

truejedi
Originally posted by Gideon
General Grievous is a masterful condition. But he's definitely no Thrawn or Zaarin. Moreover, Revan won because he's a badass tactition in addition to numbers. Lastly, Imperial technology and militarization kicks the holy shit out of any other regime in history. You pick a Star Wars navy, and in every possible way, the Imperials do it better. Including the Vong and CIS. By a considerable margin.

not in every possible way: no shields on tie-fighters? what is that?

Elite Hunter
Not convinced The Vong are exceptionally powerful warriors and have a descent Navy,
Nom Anor admits that the Empire would have crushed the Vong and given the ships at the command of Revan and Thrawn they would be more then a match for Vong.

Gideon
Originally posted by truejedi
not in every possible way: no shields on tie-fighters? what is that?

Not because they couldn't equip TIE Fighters with shields, it was just easier and cheaper to do so.

truejedi
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Nom Anor admits that the Empire would have crushed the Vong and given the ships at the command of Revan and Thrawn they would be more then a match for Vong.

Nom Anor was hardly right about everything. (not arguing your point. i think the empire would defeat the Vong, but i don't think it would have been a crushing victory) just saying Nom Anor is hardly the source you want to use to support that idea.
The empire would still have to contend with the technology curve. Though the empire would do what the GA(or was it the New Republic at the time? ah well) wouldn't do, and that was leave some planets completely unprotected to mass their forces and beat the vong in pitched battles, so that is a plus for the empire.

In this particular contest, i think Revan and Thrawn win easily. Thrawn has been able to defeat the computer minds of the CIS with ridiculous ease against impossible odds. You put that mind in with the galactic empire, and you take into account that it was Admiral Ackbar (a brilliant, but decidely lower tier tactician than thrawn) that figured out how to defeat the vong in the end anyway, and they win with ease.

I still have a pet theory that the Vong were the disturbance in the force that Revan sensed, and went off into the unknown regions to investigate. (largely because of the sighting of a Vong scouting ship in KOTOR) How many thousands of years in transit would it take the Vong to fly from one galaxy to the next? Considering their weird relationship with the force, is it possible that they would have created such a huge difference in the force? I've also heard it said that Sidious made his power grab, not because he thought it was time, but because he knew the Vong were coming and wanted to prepare the galaxy.
lastly: does it ever explain how the Vong got off of zonoma sekot in the first place and "lost it"?

Mizukage Yoda
Nom Anor was hardly right about everything. (not arguing your point. i think the empire would defeat the Vong, but i don't think it would have been a crushing victory) just saying Nom Anor is hardly the source you want to use to support that idea.
The empire would still have to contend with the technology curve. Though the empire would do what the GA(or was it the New Republic at the time? ah well) wouldn't do, and that was leave some planets completely unprotected to mass their forces and beat the vong in pitched battles, so that is a plus for the empire.

In this particular contest, i think Revan and Thrawn win easily. Thrawn has been able to defeat the computer minds of the CIS with ridiculous ease against impossible odds. You put that mind in with the galactic empire, and you take into account that it was Admiral Ackbar (a brilliant, but decidely lower tier tactician than thrawn) that figured out how to defeat the vong in the end anyway, and they win with ease.

I still have a pet theory that the Vong were the disturbance in the force that Revan sensed, and went off into the unknown regions to investigate. (largely because of the sighting of a Vong scouting ship in KOTOR) How many thousands of years in transit would it take the Vong to fly from one galaxy to the next? Considering their weird relationship with the force, is it possible that they would have created such a huge difference in the force? I've also heard it said that Sidious made his power grab, not because he thought it was time, but because he knew the Vong were coming and wanted to prepare the galaxy.
lastly: does it ever explain how the Vong got off of zonoma sekot in the first place and "lost it"?
Grievous' strategy is described as "without flaw" as shown on Hypori where he completely outmanuvered the GAR. I doubt that he can be considered a "computer" so I say the duel villains take this. I take back my comments on with ease thought

Elite Hunter
May I ask how a guy who has been spying on the galaxy for many years and has played a hand in fracturing the empire post DE is not a credible source to compare the New Republic's infrastructure (as well as the current state of affairs in the war) to the Empire's. Do I think it would be a wtfpwnage for the Vong no, but at the same time they would never have gotten nowhere near Coruscant.

Don't forget that Sidious might have had pre existing knowledge ( since around outbound flight) of the vong and Thrawn may have also had knowledge too. I don't want to get into a debate over this but the empire would have more superweapons and better organized military/government.

I highly doubt that because Revan was told hardly anything of the Vong scout ship other then it was really fast and fled the galaxy. Then we have the god awful creation of the True Sith which is a more likely opponent for Revan given the introduction of Malachor and Kreia's comment. As for Sidious gaining power to ready the galaxy against the Vong, I find that highly unlikely. I always got the impression that he used the idea of an extragalactic invasion as one reason to keep a powerful military force. Though technically as emperor he could do whatever the hell wanted.

Gideon
The Yuuzhan Vong only contended with the seriously undermilitarized New Republic due to the machinations of individuals such as Nom Anor, who had moved a strong hand in galactic events for decades. As Elite Hunter has aluded to, it was Anor who arranged for what would be considered the final "destruction" of the Galactic Empire in Council of Blood. And even then, the New Republic still legitimately overcame the Vong in a fleet-to-fleet engagement. Compare this to the Galactic Empire, which was the product of an unprecedented military build up. The Confederacy of Independent systems may have remarkable numbers of cannon fodder, but they cannot compete with the Empire's vastly superior naval superiority and resources. Neither can the Vong.

MasterAshenVor
Thrawn and Revan take this...Since they have oh...say 2 super weapons and ALL of the Executer Star Destroyers and...oh say HALF of the Empire's Star Destroyer Navy and ALL of the Tie Fighters therein and since Thrawn was brilliant as hell and Revan was a very very good tactician id say it would be a good match aginst both Vong and CIS forces but after say five days of battle or maby a Week of that battle Revan and Thrawn would come out victorious but with almost ALL of their navy destroyed Includeing all of his Executor Class Star Destroyers except one which is badly damaged and a little over Half of his Star Destroyers destroyed o.o and virtually almost ALL of the Tie Fighters , Bombers , Interceptors , GUN's , Missle Boats , Tie Defenders , Carrack Cruisers and Victory Class Star Destroyers....o.o HEAVY HEAVY Loses and i think maby one of the Eclipse Super Star Destroyers....But the CIS and VONG would be completely wiped out...and Revan would be dead too and Thrawn being wounded due to Minor Terminal Explosions on the Bridge....Gilad Pellaeron would be alive but wounded too...maby even lose a Hand .... But id say Empire Wins...

THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN EIGHT MON CAL CRUISERS HYPER IN WITH FULL LOADS OF X-WINGS Y-WINGS B-WINGS A-WINGS AND TEN NEBULON-B CRUISERS THREE MARAUDER CLASS STARSHIPS AND TEN CORELLIAN CORVETTES COME IN AND WIPE THE REST OF THEM OUT WITH ONLY 1 CORELLIAN CORVETTE INTACT AND ONLY 7 NEBULON-B FRIGATE'S INTACT AND 7 MON CAL CRUISERS INTACT AND ALL MARAUDER CLASS DESTROYED!!! plus seven squadrons of X-WINGS still active and only 1 B-wing squad active and 3 Y-wing squads active and Eight A-WING squadrons still active

truejedi
what the hey? What the f**k? What the f**k?

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Thrawn and Revan take this...Since they have oh...say 2 super weapons and ALL of the Executer Star Destroyers and...oh say HALF of the Empire's Star Destroyer Navy and ALL of the Tie Fighters therein and since Thrawn was brilliant as hell and Revan was a very very good tactician id say it would be a good match aginst both Vong and CIS forces but after say five days of battle or maby a Week of that battle Revan and Thrawn would come out victorious but with almost ALL of their navy destroyed Includeing all of his Executor Class Star Destroyers except one which is badly damaged and a little over Half of his Star Destroyers destroyed o.o and virtually almost ALL of the Tie Fighters , Bombers , Interceptors , GUN's , Missle Boats , Tie Defenders , Carrack Cruisers and Victory Class Star Destroyers....o.o HEAVY HEAVY Loses and i think maby one of the Eclipse Super Star Destroyers....But the CIS and VONG would be completely wiped out...and Revan would be dead too and Thrawn being wounded due to Minor Terminal Explosions on the Bridge....Gilad Pellaeron would be alive but wounded too...maby even lose a Hand .... But id say Empire Wins...

THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN EIGHT MON CAL CRUISERS HYPER IN WITH FULL LOADS OF X-WINGS Y-WINGS B-WINGS A-WINGS AND TEN NEBULON-B CRUISERS THREE MARAUDER CLASS STARSHIPS AND TEN CORELLIAN CORVETTES COME IN AND WIPE THE REST OF THEM OUT WITH ONLY 1 CORELLIAN CORVETTE INTACT AND ONLY 7 NEBULON-B FRIGATE'S INTACT AND 7 MON CAL CRUISERS INTACT AND ALL MARAUDER CLASS DESTROYED!!! plus seven squadrons of X-WINGS still active and only 1 B-wing squad active and 3 Y-wing squads active and Eight A-WING squadrons still active

Wow, you really thought this one through.
Oops.

Tangible God
THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN EIGHT MON CAL CRUISERS HYPER IN WITH FULL LOADS OF X-WINGS Y-WINGS B-WINGS A-WINGS AND TEN NEBULON-B CRUISERS THREE MARAUDER CLASS STARSHIPS AND TEN CORELLIAN CORVETTES COME IN AND WIPE THE REST OF THEM OUT WITH ONLY 1 CORELLIAN CORVETTE INTACT AND ONLY 7 NEBULON-B FRIGATE'S INTACT AND 7 MON CAL CRUISERS INTACT AND ALL MARAUDER CLASS DESTROYED!!! plus seven squadrons of X-WINGS still active and only 1 B-wing squad active and 3 Y-wing squads active and Eight A-WING squadrons still active I read the first word of this and thought: "Then Gandalf the Grey, and Gandalf the White..."

MasterAshenVor
LMFAO!!!!

Borbarad
Oh come on. This is a joke, right?

Let me point this out for you: The Republic did keep the CIS at bay with about 1,3 Million Clone Troopers and corresponding capital ships (that would be about 200-400 Venator Class ships).

Now have a look at the start posting of this thread:

2 Eclipse-class ships: 100 times the firepower of a regular ISD + superlaser capable of annihilating enemy capital ships with a single shot.

All Executor-class ships: At least 8 of them appear in the SW mythos. Yet each of that has 100 times the firepower of an regular ISD. On top of that almost impenetrable shielding. You did all notice how it took the Rebel fleet about 30 minutes in RotJ to get past the Executors shields, when they were focusing their entire fire on that single ship (which wasn't even firing back)? Technically one of that alone is enough to take out an entire enemy fleet. In fact it has been said that a Mandator-class Star Dreadnaught (something compareable to the Executor class) could have taken out 1,000 CIS capital ships on it's own.

200,000 ISDs: You notice that this is 500-1000 times the firepower of the entire Navy of the Galactic Republic in times of the Clone Wars, right? And yes: It also means a thousand times more ground troops, when single Clone Troopers during the Clone Wars had confirmed 2,000 droid kills in their field record. On top of that millions of attack vessels (AT-ATs, AT-STs) and starfighters.

To make the long story short: In space combat, the Vong and the CIS are royally screwed. For ground combat: Each ISD can start a Base Delta Zero operation, which makes ground combat unnecessary. And even if that option should be ignored the droids would be curpstombed in ground combat action. By skill, technology and firepower alone.

And this is still ignoring the military genious of Thrawn and Revan which have both managed to win battles where they were heavily outnumbered by their enemies. This time they already have all advantages on their own side. This is overkill.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Borbarad
Oh come on. This is a joke, right?

Let me point this out for you: The Republic did keep the CIS at bay with about 1,3 Million Clone Troopers and corresponding capital ships (that would be about 200-400 Venator Class ships).

Now have a look at the start posting of this thread:

2 Eclipse-class ships: 100 times the firepower of a regular ISD + superlaser capable of annihilating enemy capital ships with a single shot.

All Executor-class ships: At least 8 of them appear in the SW mythos. Yet each of that has 100 times the firepower of an regular ISD. On top of that almost impenetrable shielding. You did all notice how it took the Rebel fleet about 30 minutes in RotJ to get past the Executors shields, when they were focusing their entire fire on that single ship (which wasn't even firing back)? Technically one of that alone is enough to take out an entire enemy fleet. In fact it has been said that a Mandator-class Star Dreadnaught (something compareable to the Executor class) could have taken out 1,000 CIS capital ships on it's own.

200,000 ISDs: You notice that this is 500-1000 times the firepower of the entire Navy of the Galactic Republic in times of the Clone Wars, right? And yes: It also means a thousand times more ground troops, when single Clone Troopers during the Clone Wars had confirmed 2,000 droid kills in their field record. On top of that millions of attack vessels (AT-ATs, AT-STs) and starfighters.

To make the long story short: In space combat, the Vong and the CIS are royally screwed. For ground combat: Each ISD can start a Base Delta Zero operation, which makes ground combat unnecessary. And even if that option should be ignored the droids would be curpstombed in ground combat action. By skill, technology and firepower alone.

And this is still ignoring the military genious of Thrawn and Revan which have both managed to win battles where they were heavily outnumbered by their enemies. This time they already have all advantages on their own side. This is overkill.
No, no no it is not possible for the Republic to have done that, there had to be at least a billion clones, and even with a billion clones they were outnumbered a billion to one. And ISDs aren't the only ones who can do this, Grievous turned Humbmarine into Molten slag with his armada, oh and he released a brain virus that kills all humans in a given sector. And in AOTC it is stated that their are 200,000 units, I'd enterpret this as battallions putting with a million more the Galactic Republic's total strenght being 700,000,000+ then you have the massive personal fleets of individual systems which adds to that number alot. I still say that the Republic had more than a billion clones. Alot more

Tangible God
No, no no it is not possible for the Republic to have done that, there had to be at least a billion clones, and even with a billion clones they were outnumbered a billion to one. And ISDs aren't the only ones who can do this, Grievous turned Humbmarine into Molten slag with his armada, oh and he released a brain virus that kills all humans in a given sector. And in AOTC it is stated that their are 200,000 units, I'd enterpret this as battallions putting with a million more the Galactic Republic's total strenght being 700,000,000+ then you have the massive personal fleets of individual systems which adds to that number alot. I still say that the Republic had more than a billion clones. Alot more While that would make perfect sense, your opinion<canon. I forget who, but some bastard of an author put it down as 1.2 million, which makes absolutely no sense. Still, canon is as canon does.

Mizukage Yoda
Its simply not possible. Period another sourse says ten million another says three million. Based on depictions clones cannot go a quadrillion to one its not possible. And at the Battle of Munnilist alone there were 3.2 million clones hear is the discussion on the Wookiepedia.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Army_of_the_Republic#Numbers
Hear is a quote by Ryan Koffman
"FYI, re: 3 million. LFL was very clear to us that no fixed number of total clones would or could be assigned. Therefore, the number 3 million (plus) does not represent the entire fighting force."
―Ryan Kaufman

Elite Hunter
^ Tell that to Karen Traviss who is the author of the new of the new clone wars source book I believe.

Tangible God
Its simply not possible. Period another sourse says ten million another says three million. Based on depictions clones cannot go a quadrillion to one its not possible. And at the Battle of Munnilist alone there were 3.2 million clones hear is the discussion on the Wookiepedia.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Army_of_the_Republic#Numbers
Hear is a quote by Ryan Koffman
"FYI, re: 3 million. LFL was very clear to us that no fixed number of total clones would or could be assigned. Therefore, the number 3 million (plus) does not represent the entire fighting force."
―Ryan Kaufman I know, I've read that entire article before. But, it's stuck at 1.2 million. And if it was Karen Traviss: oh, that b*tch just won't stop ruining things.

Mizukage Yoda
I will write to Lucasarts then...cause that is retarded simply put, its simply not possible. The US army is stretched thin across the world with the same amount of troops let alone if they were spread across an entire galaxy...simply bullshit. Can I have some of what your smoking George!?

Enyalus
I will write to Lucasarts then...cause that is retarded simply put, its simply not possible. The US army is stretched thin across the world with the same amount of troops let alone if they were spread across an entire galaxy...simply bullshit. Can I have some of what your smoking George!?

The US Army numbers barely over one million, including the Reserve and the National Guard.

Let's not forget that the clone troopers weren't the only ones fighting in the war. Locally conscripted troops, independant militaries as well as the Jedi Order count for something.

Mizukage Yoda
quintillions of battledroids
2000000000000000000+ battledroids. The GAR's core is the clone army. With a billion man army they are still outnumbered a billion to one. I'd say they'd need at least a trillion men to stand a reasonable chance against the droids. If the GAR was 1.3 million clones then the CIS has more CAPITAL SHIPS than the Republic has clones, lets use some logic here.

Enyalus
Yes. Let's use some logic here, and stick to the topic of this thread, hmm? You know, the one where Thrawn and Revan with their militaries walk over the Vong and CIS armies before trashing Krayt's Empire with outdated relics of the past.

Mizukage Yoda
ROFL! you think the Thrawn and Revan will "walk over" the Vong and the CIS you overestimate there Prowest. What part of millions of warships, and GG don't you get. Oh and Dooku can practically rally many systems to his side, something that neither Thrawn or Revan(well maybe Revan, but not as well as Dooku) can do. The Majority of the Galaxy will most likely side with the Confederacy. Honestly, even if they got past the CIS and the Vong's armada, they'd still get pwnt by Krayt, Why? because they would take astounding casualties in this.

Gideon
Please, stop being ridiculous.

Nai and the others covered it quite nicely, but you still don't seem to understand. The Galactic Empire, in terms of military might, is peerless; there is no governmental entity or society that can compete with them on any level. The Complete Visual Guide confirms that the Empire's military build up was "unprecedented in galactic history" in both scale and equipment. The Yuuzhan Vong deliberately remained on the fringes of the galactic disk because they feared incurring the Emperor's wrath; Nom Anor, one of their finest Executors, feared the Empire so much that even after Palpatine's final death on Onderon, when the Empire was heavily fragmented and dissolved, he still considered the remnants to be a greater threat than the New Republic and orchestrated the death of the final psuedo-Emperor.

The Confederacy of Independent Systems might compete in sheer numbers (and this is speaking only in regards to ground forces), but their naval output cannot compare. The Yuuzhan Vong, likewise, may be a threat in ground engagements, but not naval.

Naval > ground, and as Nai has alluded to, the 'delta base zero' is one of the most used Imperial techniques. If they find a situation untenable on ground, Thrawn will simply blow the planet the **** away from orbit.

Elite Hunter
The Majority of the Galaxy will most likely side with the Confederacy.

Lol even in clone wars the majority of the galaxy was against them.

Mizukage Yoda
Oh this also encompasses half of the Imperial Military...shit, they also fielded millions of Capitals. The Empire would win then they have the Vong and the CIS outnumbered, outgunned, and well Thrawn is the best strategist in the history of the Galaxy, besides me in EAW. But at the original figures Thrawn and Revan would lose, simply put.
Oh and of coarse the Galaxy would side with PALPATINE! the most charismic leader in the History of the Galaxy, this man made a Senate that stood for a thousand years declare itself into an Empire

Elite Hunter
Oh shit I didn't realize Thrawn and Revan get Mandalorians on their side and with Traviss's writing of them there is no doubt in mind that the CIS and Vong are screwed.

Then why did you say this originally?

Mizukage Yoda
Because Revan and Thrawn DONT have Palps this time so Dooku is the most Charismatic leader on this field, by far.

Mizukage Yoda
Wait a sec... there were only 25,000 SDs in the entire Imperial Navy!? If this is true then the CIS takes this.

Elite Hunter
Because Revan and Thrawn DONT have Palps this time so Dooku is the most Charismatic leader on this field, by far.
No but they have Revan you know the guy who persuaded hundreds of jedi to defy the JEDI COUNCIL and join the Mando Wars and then he (and the now dark jedi) was able to launch an invasion on the galxay he protected with a fleet of now ex Republic soldiers who now return home as conquers.

I would also like to point out that Dooku had the help of Darth Sidious in gaining allies not to mention the fact that the major corporations had a weakness for money which would not be hard for Dooku to come by.

Mizukage Yoda
He persuaded a bunch of Padawans who were already disappointed by the Council's decision not to assist the Republic. Most Padawans are reckless like Sha'Gi, Anakin, hell even Obi-Wan when he was young. So thats not suprising. Revan only persuaded a handful of Knights to leave. Dooku pursuaded Sora Bulq a Jedi Master to go the the Dark Side, that is impressive. Considering that only twenty Jedi Masters in the History of the Jedi have ever left the Order. And many defy the Council: Qui-Gon, and Dooku included, both were estemed Jedi Masters

Gideon
Jesus H. Christ. Do you not understand? The Empire's military build up was "unprecedented in galactic history" complete with much stronger capital ships and versatile fighters. They managed to not only rule the entire galaxy (no organization can ever claim as much) but upon Palpatine's return, conquered it by force in a year.

The Confederacy nor the Vong nor the Rebels nor the Republic nor Revan's army nor the Empire of the Hand nor the Infinite Empire nor the Ssi Ruuk nor the Galactic Alliance nor the New Galactic Empire compare. Ever. The end. Period.

Mizukage Yoda
No I understand that it is the largest SINGLE build up in history a combined armada may be more effective

Gideon
No I understand that it is the largest SINGLE build up in history a combined armada may be more effective

You're... just not understanding. The Empire didn't rule through sheer size; they ruled through size and technology. Despite being heavily outnumbered, ship-to-ship, the Republic's navy was kicking the utter horseshit out of the Confederacy's. As I recall, it would take a dozen or more of the IBC's or Corporate Alliance's capital ships to deal with an Old Republic Star Destroyer. The Imperial-class, Super-class, and Executor-class just dominate anything that the Vong or Confederacy can bring to the table.

Tangible God
No I understand that it is the largest SINGLE build up in history a combined armada may be more effective Seriously, you have to shut up and read what Gideon's saying. You're gonna be branded a dumbass if you continue. And what the hell is "prowest."

Enyalus
I wasn't impressed with the Vong's invasion at all, personally. Their bio-organic-tech-whatever doesn't stack up at all to the Imperial tech, and the only reason they did as well as they did because the New Republic was effing incompetent, splintered and broke.

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Tangible God
Seriously, you have to shut up and read what Gideon's saying. You're gonna be branded a dumbass if you continue. And what the hell is "prowest." Yeah, TG's right.

Look, imagine if the Soviet Union as of 1985 was experiencing an economic explosion and rebuilt their tank armada to include only T-80's and built atleast 2,000,000 of them in two years. By 1987, the tanks were as comfortable as the Abrams and had equal trainig as our tank commanders and had equal armor.

Now, they anexx India, China, Nepal, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. 35% of their population(men and women) are drafted into the army and the tank fleet has been bolstered to 4,500,000.

Now think, would all of the nato tank forces combined(no air support) even last a day against this.

MasterAshenVor
LOL THEN 100,000 CHISS FIGHTERS HYPERSPACE IN AND DECIMATE THE REBEL ALLIANCE FLEET!

DarkSerpent
LOL THEN 100,000 CHISS FIGHTERS HYPERSPACE IN AND DECIMATE THE REBEL ALLIANCE FLEET! What?

Tangible God
What? "...and Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight..."

Master Crimzon
'Tis but a flesh wound!

Mizukage Yoda
I concede defeat then.......

MasterAshenVor
What?

LoL read my first post to get that lol....ill probibally be doing dis just for the heck of it smile

DarkSerpent
Let's make little more fair...

Every soldier in the Vong is a Slayer and 10% of the CIS battledroids are replaced with Mandalorian SuperCommandos.

Can the Geniuses contend with this?

Mizukage Yoda
^No, cause they have half of the Empire's armada, plus they'll still pwn is space.

S_W_LeGenD
He persuaded a bunch of Padawans who were already disappointed by the Council's decision not to assist the Republic. Most Padawans are reckless like Sha'Gi, Anakin, hell even Obi-Wan when he was young. So thats not suprising. Revan only persuaded a handful of Knights to leave. Dooku pursuaded Sora Bulq a Jedi Master to go the the Dark Side, that is impressive. Considering that only twenty Jedi Masters in the History of the Jedi have ever left the Order. And many defy the Council: Qui-Gon, and Dooku included, both were estemed Jedi Masters
By the time when Mandalorian Wars were near conclusion, thousands of Jedi had sworn allegiance to Revan and joined him in his struggle against the Mandalorian forces.

Sources: The Chronicles & KOTOR game series.

Also, ever heard or a female Jedi Master Arren Kae?

She also fought alongside Revan during the Mandalorian Wars.

Hence, your information is in-correct.

Tangible God
As long as the Empire is allowed space combat, they win. Ground combat is a different story though. I'd think given the right numbers and equipment, the Mandalorians would win easily.

DarkSerpent
Your forgeting that they can board ships.

Tangible God
"Can" board ships. Just as the Empire "will let one of their expendable ships get taken over, and NOT blow it to hell."

DarkSerpent
Damn

Almost forgot their Soviet-esque tendencies...

Empire=Win

Vaiem
Thrawn would find a way.

Tangible God
Thrawn doesn't really need to be there. He can let Revan do it all while he takes a bath.

Advent
You just don't want him there because you want to watch him take that bath.

Tangible God
And you don't? I bet he uses bath salts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.