Salvia.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon

jaden101
hahaha...reminds me of

q4BIMsIGQCY

chillmeistergen
There's a lot of conversation about it in the 'What Drugs Have You Done?' thread.

Anyway, I'll be giving it a try on Saturday, or tomorrow, probably.

inimalist
So, I've taken salvia potentially a dozen times, but rarely catch, going by the scale above maybe 50% of the time I get to the first *A level, and have only experienced anything close to the *I level once.

When I did, my friend and I took 2-3 buckets of dried leaf. Within minutes I felt completely disengaged with reality. This is very normal for me, as I tend to become intensely introverted/out of touch with my immediate surrounding when I am on psychedelic drugs, however this disengagement was total. The room I was in melted away and I had massive tunnel vision. However, it took me minutes to even realize this. When I became aware of the fact that I was no longer perceiving my surroundings at all, I was essentially over the peak of the trip, meaning that in my experience, the high from salvia is very different than acid or mushrooms in this regard. I find the intense high from acid is, in many respects, due to the fact that one is aware of how much reality has been twisted, whereas the knowledge of this "twisting" with salvia come almost entirely after the fact (or it did to me and to my friend).

My friend had a similar experience. As I was becoming moderately aware of reality, he looked at me and said in a straight face "Are you waiting for a train". I burst out into uncontrollable laughter, and he says he had the experience of a subway car racing between us before he presumably returned to reality enough to laugh with me for like 25 min.

Any major psychedelic effects from salvia, in my experience, are gone very quickly, however, as discussed in the "what drugs have you done" thread, this can be an intense period. In many ways, I would say that I was lucky with that experience above. I am very experienced with dissociative drugs, and generally like their effects, I was also in a highly controlled environment where there was essentially nil chance of over-intensive stimulation or anxiety triggers.

Not that I feel I have any revolutionary input on this, but some suggestions I would have:

-above all, make sure you don't feel rushed, you don't have any other obligations, you aren't anxious to try it. Get rid of expectations, worries, etc. This is kindergarden stuff, I know

-extract might be better than leaf, I've never tried it, but you certainly don't need the most potent extract to get high. I think delivery is way more important than potency in this case. Even though they are nasty, I would honestly suggest setting up a bucket or at the very least a water bong. Smoking a joint of the leaf might get you to the *L level, from my experience (please don't take that as written in stone, like if you smoke a j or it and get absolutely trashed, don't point fingers at me).

-As an extension of the last point, this drug seems notoriously difficult to gauge as far as potency by does is concerned. Just be careful. I don't think its physically dangerous, just that, as anyone who has had a terrible trip, on anything, can express, a negative psychedelic experience is second to nothing in terms of terror.

dadudemon
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
There's a lot of conversation about it in the 'What Drugs Have You Done?' thread.

Anyway, I'll be giving it a try on Saturday, or tomorrow, probably.

I contemplated putting this in that thread and, actually, your convo is the reason for this.

I thought that dude's trip was hilarious but informative. I was interested in the receptors/paths of effect on this drug.

You don't have to, but I think I'd be nice if you could take a video of this and post the results. If that's not kosher to you, you could just do what inimalist has done and post, in as best detail as possible, your experience.

I hope you end up with a V-level or an I-level...but not like a second A-level like the guy in the video.

Mindship
Originally posted by inimalist
When I became aware of the fact that I was no longer perceiving my surroundings at all, I was essentially over the peak of the trip, meaning that in my experience, the high from salvia is very different than acid or mushrooms in this regard. I find the intense high from acid is, in many respects, due to the fact that one is aware of how much reality has been twisted, whereas the knowledge of this "twisting" with salvia come almost entirely after the fact (or it did to me and to my friend).
Which trip did you like better, the cid/shrm type or salvia?

red g jacks
stupid kids keep posting up the vids of their 'trips' on youtube, scaring parents, and helping gather support to ban salvia. i saw this local news special on the 'newest legal drug' that is threatening our children, and low and behold it's a special about salvia. i saw clips of a bunch of the same stupid videos i've seen on youtube, on the news, and for what? so all of us on the internet can soberly enjoy watching you go "duuuude my handsss" for 10 minutes? i don't even have any intentions to do salvia again but this seems a little counterproductive if you do enjoy the drug.

although i have to say out of all the salvia trip vids i've seen, this one was easily the most entertaining.

RedAlertv2
Its damn expensive seeing as how the high last less than a half hour. I will however be trying it in the near future.

ragesRemorse
Salvia is awful. It is pointless and expensive. Whip-it's cost a fraction of what good Salvia costs and it gives you the same affect. Salvia is totally an adolescent drug. Man up and eat some shrooms smile

Mindship
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Salvia is totally an adolescent drug. Man up and eat some shrooms smile pirate Yarrr...

chillmeistergen
Firstly, what if people don't want a 6 hour trip? Or just want to try something different; from what I've heard, the salvia experience is a lot more intense than shrooms (or can be), be it for less time or not.

Bardock42
I smoked Salvia once, but it oddly didn't have a noticable effect on me. I might have smoked too little, the friends I smoked with just experienced mild symptoms as well.

But, strangely, about and hour or two later, I had taken a large amount of marijuana brownies I had a trip that's much more like what I heard Salvia do than what I heard Marijuana would. It was pretty horrible actually. It just started slowly when I noticed that my brain made odd connections and changed the subject quickly, but then I was suddenly totally gone and had no idea what happened, when I next gained some sort of consciousness again I was sitting on a couch next to my friends and uncontrollably rolled my head around while laughing manically. Actually it was more of laughing manically when I rose my head and then crying in pain when it came down, though it sounded kinda similar I guess. Then that stopped and I experienced determinism fully (it's actually quite odd, I can't explain it very well even years later). I think I started nodding my head and I thought that life was nothing but constant logical contradictionms, always followed by another ... that went on for a while and then I kinmda dozed off again and the next time I awoke I was really scared (cause well, the pain was pretty horrible (though the euphoria was okay, it didn't really help with the pain)...so I kinda yelled weird things at my brother of putting on some music I can focus on and then I walked to the kitchen with my friends around and was convinced that the world was just a one scene stage play and that it would end any second and well, it went on for some more time, but those are some of the major parts of the trip I recall (I dozed off and woke up a few times as I said)...that laseted about 4 hours altogether according to my friends, though I had no recollection of time and couldn't really guess how long I was conscious for.

So, I don't know if that had anything to do with the Salvia or whether my brain just enjoys to torture me after smoking pot (it would make sense, cause I had basically the same trip 5 months later with a different friend...needless to say I avoid smoking it as of late).

It was pretty horrible actually, I even now still sometimes have panic attacks that resemble the thought pattersn on those trips....though luckily less frequently now.

Mindship
Pot brownies make dosage control or titration through time virtually impossible (especially if you didn't make the brownies). IMO, the key to avoiding any kind of bad trip is preparation, especially mental/emotional.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by jaden101
hahaha...reminds me of

q4BIMsIGQCY What the heck is that? HAHAHAHAHA. blink laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Deja~vu
What the heck is that? HAHAHAHAHA. blink laughing out loud

good acid

red g jacks
Salvia is totally an adolescent drug. as opposed to all the 'grown up' drugs out there..

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Holy balls.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/925817/

Looked like RJ's room.

inimalist
lol, so after watching the video, that is not really a reaction of salvia, but more likely whatever he was taking anti-psychotic tranquilizer for

if you take anti-psychotics, don't do psychedelics. lol

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
lol, so after watching the video, that is not really a reaction of salvia, but more likely whatever he was taking anti-psychotic tranquilizer for

if you take anti-psychotics, don't do psychedelics. lol

Deja~vu
I want to see that movie...........LOL laughing out loud

ScarletSpeed

chillmeistergen
After reading an awful lot about salvia experiences on erowid, I'm going to wait a while to try it, plus make sure I have a responsible sitter present.

ScarletSpeed
yeah man, def, I was hallucinating, it wasn't that bad, but I didn't take much, depending on how much you take, then you might take a bad trip, and bad company might just try and freak you out laughing

chillmeistergen
Yeah, after having a bad trip on shrooms before, I don't really fancy having one again.I know that Salvia doesn't last long, but I've experienced effects with other drugs that seem to alter my time perception, I don't want to have a 20 minute bad trip that feels like a lifetime.

ScarletSpeed
no expression sack that.

I done a half tab of acid, and the effects were weird, but I could snap out of it, it also didn't kick in until like 3 hours later when I got in the house, and I thought my head was a sheephead laughing

RedAlertv2
First salvia experience earlier tonight....quite a powerful drug, in its own way. I didnt hallucinate at all, and my "trip" only lasted a couple minutes, but during that time I felt completely locked inside a different world. The trip was rather mild in all regards except the fact that for a few seconds, I could not differentiate from reality, at all. This is far different than mushrooms, where I was at least aware that what was happening was a result of the drug. Salvia does indeed deserve a measure of respect. Nice thing about it though, despite being one of my more uncomfortable drug experiences, I felt perfectly fine, even a bit refreshed, a half hour later.

Darth Jello
I don't do drugs but one thing I can say about saliva having worked around it is that it attracts a shitload of bees. and while i don't support drug abuse, kudos to anyone with the balls to pick it and face being stung like 590 times.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
no expression I thought my head was a sheephead laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing

Did you keep staring in the mirror??

ScarletSpeed
laughing rolling on floor laughing

Did you keep staring in the mirror??

yeah laughing, it would slowly just morph into the shape of a sheeps head, then I would snap out of it if I started to panic, my face also turned into an oil painting no expression

Deja~vu
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What a trip!

ScarletSpeed
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What a trip!

btw, that was when I was on acid, not Salvia laughing out loud

geshien
I'd like to try smoking salvia but, due to my heart condition I would not risk it.

Last thing I need is a heart attack.

*sigh* The things I had to give up...

Devil King
yeah laughing, it would slowly just morph into the shape of a sheeps head, then I would snap out of it if I started to panic, my face also turned into an oil painting no expression Try doing it with a chubby friend of yours that accompanies you to the local community park, spends ten minutes on the swing set, and the starts to get upset because he thinks the straining moan of the chain is saying "it hurts.....it hurts.....it hurts". Funny ****ing shit, I promise.

Deja~vu
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!! laughing

ragesRemorse
I dont know why anyone smokes salvia. You should smoke gold spice. That stuff is legal and gives you almost the same high as pot.

ScarletSpeed
I dont know why anyone smokes salvia. You should smoke gold spice. That stuff is legal and gives you almost the same high as pot.

salvia is legal, and gives you get an instant trip that is nothing like pot,

no one is smoking it as a substitute for pot, I actually dislike the effects of weed.

RedAlertv2
I dont know why anyone smokes salvia. You should smoke gold spice. That stuff is legal and gives you almost the same high as pot. Havent tried it myself, but from what I hear spice is indeed legit, its just a lot weaker than your average weed. Like ultimately the effects are similar, you just need to smoke far more.

no one is smoking it as a substitute for pot, I actually dislike the effects of weed.
I dunno, Im sitll not convinced that salvia is all that enjoyable, let alone worth the steep cost.

ScarletSpeed

lol can you tell I just woke up with this grammatical massacre ? laughing

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Havent tried it myself, but from what I hear spice is indeed legit, its just a lot weaker than your average weed. Like ultimately the effects are similar, you just need to smoke far more.

I dunno, Im sitll not convinced that salvia is all that enjoyable, let alone worth the steep cost.

have you tried it ?

it is worth the money, imo, the effect it gives you is on par with most class A's, it just doesn't last long.

RedAlertv2
lol can you tell I just woke up with this grammatical massacre ? laughing

have you tried it ?

it is worth the money, imo, the effect it gives you is on par with most class A's, it just doesn't last long. Yeah I'll admit its effects are indeed on par with stronger psychedelics but in my opinion, the experience is far less enjoyable than other options. And not lasting long is another reason its not worth it in my mind, for a similar price I can trip on shrooms for a good six hours, a far more enriching experience.

And yes I have tried it, read the thread.

Deja~vu
Well Salvia is really meant for Meditation. Pretty colorful flowers dancing to the music beat! Go into it asking a question. It was pretty coolie.

Mairuzu
Took this with my friends recently. I found out that musc has an effect on your trip.

We all smoked it out of the bong. We packed it pretty big but didnt pack it all the way.

We decided (even before taking it) that we were gonna do it right after the other, once we came to.

First time, no music was playing.

So i took the hit, held it in for 25 seconds and let it out. I felt it immediately. If felt as if my body were folding all of a sudden in on the corner of my room on my bed and my hands and arms became the walls in my room, all of a sudden they started bending and folding everywhere, i was laughing uncontrollably during this, after i snapped out of the hallucination i was still laughing and i felt all fuzzy and weird. All i kept doing was trying to make sense of what the **** just happened.

I waited for my friends to finish their turn so i can go again, this time i was listening to music. The beginning of the song had marching of an army and bombs going off. I was staring out my window as i was holding it in, after i let it out i felt the "folding" again. All of a sudden everything in my backyard turned into legs and feet and they were moving forward. They turned into giant people marching over my house towards my backyard. As they were marching i felt them hitting me as they walked by, it knocked me over and i was laying down on my bed laughing as they were stepping on me.

Now for the third trip, the worst of them all. There were people all in my room in this line. They said the world didnt exist and they wanted me to follow them to the real world. which was nothing but people tons and tons of people just standing still in a line in complete darkness. Since my friends were in my room i was still able to somewhat see them, at least their faces. All of a sudden they were getting smaller because i was being pulled back into the darkness, i got a little freaked out and jumped up and i was out of the hallucination.

**** salvia

Mairuzu
my friend billy actually had the same bad trip as me, he smoked a bit more than i did too because he didnt feel it at first.

I put on welcome to the machine.... screwed him over.

Jack Daniels
sounds like a try once or twice thing..though will have to cross state lines to buy and use I guess..thanks for the details though dude

inimalist
Originally posted by Mindship
Which trip did you like better, the cid/shrm type or salvia?

ha, just saw this gem buried here!

the effects are really different. The benefit of cid/shrooms is the ability to have "low dose" trips, where I haven't had that experience with salvia.

Like, I'll still do small amounts of LSD or mush if I'm at a music festival or something, just because it is a controllable high.

To do salvia again, I would have to be in a super controlled environment, just because it has been an all or none experience for me in the past.

Salvia put me in a weird cool place, and it would be fun to go back there, but like I tried to express in my first post in this thread, I only felt how intoxicated I was after the peak of the experience. It was nice and fun, but the experience of reality warping itself, especially on high doses of LSD/shrooms, is so much more interesting from a subjective point of view.

If you are into the more spiritual side of psychedelics, I can't imagine how much fun salvia would be for meditation or whatever, as I had no sort of introspection from it, which is a huge part of hallucinogens to me.

Bicnarok
Wow, that looks better than playing some top graphic pc game

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Took this with my friends recently. I found out that musc has an effect on your trip.

We all smoked it out of the bong. We packed it pretty big but didnt pack it all the way.

We decided (even before taking it) that we were gonna do it right after the other, once we came to.

First time, no music was playing.

So i took the hit, held it in for 25 seconds and let it out. I felt it immediately. If felt as if my body were folding all of a sudden in on the corner of my room on my bed and my hands and arms became the walls in my room, all of a sudden they started bending and folding everywhere, i was laughing uncontrollably during this, after i snapped out of the hallucination i was still laughing and i felt all fuzzy and weird. All i kept doing was trying to make sense of what the **** just happened.

I waited for my friends to finish their turn so i can go again, this time i was listening to music. The beginning of the song had marching of an army and bombs going off. I was staring out my window as i was holding it in, after i let it out i felt the "folding" again. All of a sudden everything in my backyard turned into legs and feet and they were moving forward. They turned into giant people marching over my house towards my backyard. As they were marching i felt them hitting me as they walked by, it knocked me over and i was laying down on my bed laughing as they were stepping on me.

Now for the third trip, the worst of them all. There were people all in my room in this line. They said the world didnt exist and they wanted me to follow them to the real world. which was nothing but people tons and tons of people just standing still in a line in complete darkness. Since my friends were in my room i was still able to somewhat see them, at least their faces. All of a sudden they were getting smaller because i was being pulled back into the darkness, i got a little freaked out and jumped up and i was out of the hallucination.

**** salvia

Thanks for the detailed post. Seriously. thumb up

It was legal until Nov 15 in OK, so I lost my chance to do something legal. I may also cross state lines to do Salvia. It sounds like something that I could do because the trip doesn't last very long. The way you described your trip sounds very fun...even your bad trip.

You said you packed it in a bong...did you pack it with MJ, too? What kind of MJ did you use?

Deja~vu
A friend and I tried it. He became part of the TV HAHAHAHAHAHHA and said he'd never touch that stuff again.

I was like, well I forgot we were smoking it and....I was in another world far far away in a tunnel trying to keep in this reality. Then I remember OH YEAH, we just smoked it.....try talking it may help. My friend only heard bwah bwah bwah and was thinking.....Poor girl, what have I done to her. LOL

It was our first date. laughing out loud

jinXed by JaNx
My experiences with Salvia have been no different than my experiences with whip-its and Duster

Do more shrooms, forget Salvia smile

Mairuzu
Originally posted by dadudemon
Thanks for the detailed post. Seriously. thumb up

It was legal until Nov 15 in OK, so I lost my chance to do something legal. I may also cross state lines to do Salvia. It sounds like something that I could do because the trip doesn't last very long. The way you described your trip sounds very fun...even your bad trip.

You said you packed it in a bong...did you pack it with MJ, too? What kind of MJ did you use? lol what do you mean what kind of mj?

i only put enough weed in there to plug the hole in the bowl. so it was pretty much 95% salvia.

was just some of my white widow i had. I didnt really want to waste it that way either, its freakin white widow.

dadudemon
lol what do you mean what kind of mj?

i only put enough weed in there to plug the hole in the bowl. so it was pretty much 95% salvia.

laughing

I see what you did there. Some people buy the concentrate(liquid) and drop some on some weed. I hear that this way can lead to very uncomfortable level 5's and 6 trips. (On the salvia trip scale.)

was just some of my white widow i had. I didnt really want to waste it that way either, its freakin white widow.

LOL. That's some strong stuff. You don't mess around, do ya? laughing

Mairuzu
Haha, this is california, i only go for the best. stoned

Robtard
Mairuzu,

Tell me, how is your memory after taking salvia? More to the point, if you had molested one of your friends during their trip, would they recall said molestation?

Mairuzu
Depends on how much they take. You probably only have 10 seconds to go at it anyway.

Billy was actually the only one who passed out, he took the most though.

During my trip i was wide awake and remembered everything.

Robtard
Depends on how much they take. You probably only have 10 seconds to go at it anyway.

Billy was actually the only one who passed out, he took the most though.

During my trip i was wide awake and remembered everything.

I see.

Want to take A LOT of salvia with me? I'll even let you go first.

Mairuzu
I'll just pretend to be unconscious. stoned

Deja~vu
I did liquid before or it is known, ie tincture. Nasty stuff.

Now when I was done I got up right away and typed what I saw out ASAP. Quite interesting. But I did it as a meditation and went in asking questions.

Did you know that they said," You're time here is not done yet?"

I was sad... sad laughing out loud confused

Mairuzu
rather take x

RedAlertv2
rather take x X is too dirty around here, lots of pills with speed in them, the comedown is miserable. Pure mdma is amazing but Ive only encountered it a couple times. After taking molly I decided I am never going back to Ecstasy, just not worth the risk

edit - just realized Im in the salvia thread though. Im not a fan, for me the trip is far too confusing to actually get anything out of it.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
X is too dirty around here, lots of pills with speed in them, the comedown is miserable. Pure mdma is amazing but Ive only encountered it a couple times. After taking molly I decided I am never going back to Ecstasy, just not worth the risk

edit - just realized Im in the salvia thread though. Im not a fan, for me the trip is far too confusing to actually get anything out of it. I've gotten a bad pill too. SHIT comedown. I felt it for a week. Less and less each day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.