Will Smith is the "The Last Pharaoh"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Will Smith may next morph into a god. "Braveheart" writer Randall Wallace will write "The Last Pharaoh," a Columbia drama crafted as a vehicle for Smith to play Taharqa, the pharaoh who battled Assyrian invaders in ancient Egypt. "Pursuit of Happyness" director Gabriele Muccino will be at the helm.

Release Date: 2009

http://www.killermovies.com/l/thelastpharaoh/news/1576_Will_Smith_Set_For_Last_Pharaoh.html

Does anyone smell an Oscar.

Sounds very interesting. Braveheart won academy Award for best pic in '95. And it's being written by the same guy. Will Smith got an Academy Award and a Golden Globe nomination for best actor for "Pursuit of Happyness" And that movies' director is doing "The Last Pharaoh". Will Smith might try to go for best actor with this one if it's as epic as Braveheart and Gladiator.

I know it's still way, way too early to say but I hope he gets it if he does real well. (Which i'm sure he will.) I'm confident that he'll either win or get nominated, at least. (for a G.G. and/or an A.A.)

Just remember, you read it hear 1st...

MildPossession
I read about it a few days ago actually stick out tongue Wallace wrote the script again though I believe after producers were not 100% happy with the original guy's work?

Be interesting to see what Will Smith can bring to the role, could pull off the look from what I've seen in books.

BruceSkywalker
I have to see still photos and a trailer to see about this.

Dark-Jaxx
But FOTN...I thought Will Smith was a ***** nigga? haermm

Sounds interesting, I may see it if it is as epic as Gladiator which you compared it to.

MildPossession
Oh dear.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
But FOTN...I thought Will Smith was a ***** nigga? haermm

Sounds interesting, I may see it if it is as epic as Gladiator which you compared it to.

Why you censored the word "house" instead of the N word will forever be beyond me, but, i do agree with how interesting the film seems, so far. I have high hopes for it. I like bio-epics and anything having to do with ancient Egypt, alot. Moreso from a factual standpoint.

All in all, this movie will be one to watch just as much as its imminent developing story.

gryphon28
This movie seems interesting I might see it

AngryManatee
Will this movie have jew slaves? If so, I smell a Russian reversal.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by AngryManatee

Correction: really it's more of an Egyptian reversal, not Russian.

Robtard
Originally posted by AngryManatee

I think the Jews left Egypt by then and went on their wandering through the desert phase. They'll most likely be other brown and black slaves though, as the Egyptians didn't rely solely on Jew sweat to build their empire.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Robtard
I think the Jews left Egypt by then and went on their wandering through the desert phase. They'll most likely be other brown and black slaves though, as the Egyptians didn't rely solely on Jew sweat to build their empire.

Damn. So no Jew slave extras casting calls? There goes my chance. I coulda' been a contender. sad

AngryManatee
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Damn. So no Jew slave extras casting calls? There goes my chance. I coulda' been a contender. sad

Don't you have jewgolds? Bribe bribe bribe.

Quiero Mota
Ancient Rome/Greece/Egypt is a setting I've always loved. I'll see it. Hopefully it'll be more realistic than 300. And I'm still waiting for the Hannibal movie to come out.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Why you censored the word "house" instead of the N word will forever be beyond

Isn't Nigga okay?

moviebuff1084
So is Will Smith gonna be playing Cleopatra? Cause she is the last pharaoh... They really need to change the title of this film.

Robtard
She doesn't really count, she was a woman and of Greek descent.

moviebuff1084
True, but still a title change would be good.

Robtard
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=

Damn, can't believe I missed this! Jew can't be serious TH, say it ain't so.

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Ancient Rome/Greece/Egypt is a setting I've always loved. I'll see it. Hopefully it'll be more realistic than 300. And I'm still waiting for the Hannibal movie to come out.
300 wasn't meant to be historical. I don't get why people still have a gripe with it.

As long as this movie doesn't take the Braveheart route and shit on its premise, it should be pretty good.

chillmeistergen
Braveheart was shit, so was The Pursuit Of Happyness.

moviebuff1084
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Braveheart was shit, so was The Pursuit Of Happyness.

I respect your opinion but wow both of them movies were great.
If you don't mind me asking what didn't you like about them?

FistOfThe North
"Braveheart" is excellent. I like "Gladiator", it think it's a great film but "Braveheart" is 5x's better, imo.

And "The pursuit of happyness" was good the only thing about it was that it was such a normal movie, almost most of the time . But more importantly, it delivers it's perseverence message just remarkably. That's why I liked it anyway.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Isn't Nigga okay?

I'm not like that anymore.

I gave up that fight cause it was pointless to continue on.

I found out that racism will forever be with us and that one person can't make a difference.

So I gave up & dropped it.

And moved on.

Anyway W. Smith as "the last Pharaoh" should rule. (no pun intended)

Robtard
Gut instinct tells me this movie is going to suck, it will probably be cheesy-fun to watch, considering the setting, costumes and mass battle scenarios, but a "great epic", it will not be.

Though I do hope I'm wrong.

FistOfThe North
Gut instinct tells me this movie is going to suck, it will probably be cheesy-fun to watch, considering the setting, costumes and mass battle scenarios, but a "great epic", it will not be.

Though I do hope I'm wrong.

My gut instinct tells me you will be.

Robtard
My gut instinct tells me you will be.

My gut instinct has a 98.6% chance of being right, so don't make any bets.

SnakeEyes
I'll have to at least see a trailer before I make any judgements.

FistOfThe North
My gut instinct has a 98.6% chance of being right, so don't make any bets.

Hm..

Then that would make your chances of "hoping you're wrong" practically nil, with those odd, don't they..

Unless you were just saying you were hoping to be wrong for it's sake or just because.

Either way, you're entitled to how you feel about the movie, no matter the approach.

Robtard
Hm..

Then that would make your chances of "hoping you're wrong" practically nil, with those odd, don't they..

Unless you were just saying you were hoping to be wrong for it's sake or just because.

Either way, you're entitled to how you feel about the movie, no matter the approach.

Practically isn't completely.

I do hope I'm wrong though, as I do like a good battle epic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.