gladiator vs green lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidey-dude
who would win this fight ?

gladiator or kyle

Galan007
someone would be getting a big green fist up their ass..... and it probably wouldn't be kyle (even though he's a b*tch shifty )

just sayin'..

Mindset
I can vote against Kyle, but any other GL, especially Hal, would lose.

george '06
if supes can do it so can glads

Red Hulk
Glads.

kakuzu
All he really has to do is take his ring off. I believe Batman was able to do this, and Robin followed up with beating the hell out of Kyle. He is my favorite Gl, however he doesn't look like he could win unless he finds some way to make him loose confidence.

vansonbee
Originally posted by george '06
if supes can do it so can glads
Blunt logic, but I agree wink

llagrok
Take their ring off?

Good lucky....

kakuzu
Originally posted by llagrok
Take their ring off?

Good lucky....

I only said this because Batman has done this and he didn't really show any speed. Now imagine a guy who can throw punches so fast that he it has only been noticed at time when it has hit human torch stories up or knocked wonder man back. I think he was able to also rap cannonball up in some wire with out him even noticing.(Please don't bring up the fact he lost to him)

llagrok
Originally posted by kakuzu
I only said this because Batman has done this and he didn't really show any speed. Now imagine a guy who can throw punches so fast that he it has only been noticed at time when it has hit human torch stories up or knocked wonder man back. I think he was able to also rap cannonball up in some wire with out him even noticing.(Please don't bring up the fact he lost to him)

Fortunately the green lanterns have a measure of superhuman perception as well....

kakuzu
Originally posted by llagrok
Fortunately the green lanterns have a measure of superhuman perception as well....
Touche

Mindset
Originally posted by kakuzu
All he really has to do is take his ring off. I believe Batman was able to do this, and Robin followed up with beating the hell out of Kyle. He is my favorite Gl, however he doesn't look like he could win unless he finds some way to make him loose confidence. That was Hal that Robin beat up, and that was in Allstar Batman comic. Non-canon to the characters being used here.

quanchi112
Glads wins.

Badabing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Glads wins. Glads loses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Glads loses. Ive had enough of your baiting. Glads wins and you know it. He is too fast to lose here.

spidey-dude
Glads loses. GL fanboy

Badabing
Ive had enough of your baiting. Glads wins and you know it. He is too fast to lose here. eek! laughing out loud

Show me scans of Glads being too fast for GL and then we'll have a debate. Otherwise GL wins. biscuits

stick out tongue

quanchi112
eek! laughing out loud

Show me scans of Glads being too fast for GL and then we'll have a debate. Otherwise GL wins. biscuits

stick out tongue laughing out loud I didnt realized how awful that sounded. stick out tongue

100 times the speed of light fast enough?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Near-NovaExplosion.jpg

Badabing
laughing out loud I didnt realized how awful that sounded. stick out tongue

100 times the speed of light fast enough?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Near-NovaExplosion.jpg crylaugh @ "how awful that sounded".

All joking aside, it's hard for me to agree with the speed blitz argument against a GL. Auto shields and their speed is fast enough to travel interstellar space. Kyle hasn't impressed me lately. Hal would be a different story. I'd flip a coin or call it a draw. Saying either Glads or Kyle split or take 6/10 is fair imo.

quanchi112
crylaugh @ "how awful that sounded".

All joking aside, it's hard for me to agree with the speed blitz argument against a GL. Auto shields and their speed is fast enough to travel interstellar space. Kyle hasn't impressed me lately. Hal would be a different story. I'd flip a coin or call it a draw. Saying either Glads or Kyle split or take 6/10 is fair imo. I think with his superior speed and strength its a lock. But feel free to be wrong. its your right and I wont take that away from you. stick out tongue

Mindset
crylaugh @ "how awful that sounded".

All joking aside, it's hard for me to agree with the speed blitz argument against a GL. Auto shields and their speed is fast enough to travel interstellar space. Kyle hasn't impressed me lately. Hal would be a different story. I'd flip a coin or call it a draw. Saying either Glads or Kyle split or take 6/10 is fair imo. Hal aint shit and you know it.
Don't let DC try to blind you from the truth.

iceman24567
Nah Kyle gets a majority here.

joshypooh
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nah Kyle gets a majority here. What advantage does kyle boy have?

iceman24567
Originally posted by joshypooh
What advantage does kyle boy have? How about his shields? No wait or his crazy constructs that wreck Amazo like he was nothing i remember Amazo having the core members powers? Not sure no expression Friday nights are no joke but yup Kyle shits on Gladz.

joshypooh
How about his shields? No wait or his crazy constructs that wreck Amazo like he was nothing i remember Amazo having the core members powers? Not sure no expression Friday nights are no joke but yup Kyle shits on Gladz. Kallark is faster than Supes by alot. Kyle cant hit him one time. Speedbltiz for the win

iceman24567
Kallark is faster than Supes by alot. Kyle cant hit him one time. Speedbltiz for the win Kyles auto shields and Kyle wouldn't be speedblitz by Gladz ever eek! no expression.

joshypooh
Kyles auto shields and Kyle wouldn't be speedblitz by Gladz ever eek! no expression. Are you saying no one can hurt a gl? laughing out loud This guy is superman on steroids.

vlaaad12345
Gladiator is weaker and slower than superman buddy.

iceman24567
I never said that at all but Kyle wouldn't stand there and let Gladz pound on him and Superman > Gladz.

joshypooh
I never said that at all but Kyle wouldn't stand there and let Gladz pound on him and Superman > Gladz. Glads is faster than Supes. Its a board myth that Superman is his better.

joshypooh
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Gladiator is weaker and slower than superman buddy. Originally posted by quanchi112
DD clones were a pathetic example imo. Again Batman took some out,so they werent that impressive if impressive at all by any stretch of the word.

Glads couldnt take out Hulk,while a bloodlusted Superman couldnt even take out WW,who was also holding back. So I think Glads still looks better through what you have shown me.

Lets see some scans here regarding Glads. Hotter than a star, no problem. On panel. Id like to see some Superman proof also. So,if Glads couldnt kill Hulk with heavision then neither can Superman. That was easy.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/GladPower2.jpg

Here Glads is described as going one hundred times the speed of light. Yeah,he might be faster than Superman here.

Glads has also destroyed a planet on panel with his fists. So,you claiming Superman's superiority over Glads is simply unfounded imo.
I understand that you strongly feel that Konvikt can win this but this simply isnt the case. WW Hulk at his most powerful was just on a whole other level. If you can provide me with proof he is faster that 100 times the speed of light then you win.

Superman isnt stronger just because you say he is.

iceman24567
Glads is faster than Supes. Its a board myth that Superman is his better. That scan proved nothing since he obviously doesn't use that speed in his battle anymore the Hulk even caught him in a physical fight Superman would annihilate him but this is a totally different thread Hal or Kyle can beat Gladz.

iceman24567
If you can provide me with proof he is faster that 100 times the speed of light then you win.

Superman isnt stronger just because you say he is. Haha he blizted a planet no expression. Even Powergirl could blitz a non moving planet.

joshypooh
That scan proved nothing since he obviously doesn't use that speed in his battle anymore the Hulk even caught him in a physical fight Superman would annihilate him but this is a totally different thread Hal or Kyle can beat Gladz. Solomon Grundy has caught Superman off guard as well. Fights in comics dont always have them fighting at the speed of light. Dont you understand drama? Superman has been caught off guard so many time its laughable. Konvikt cleaned his clock as well. Clark Kent needed help to defeat this ultra slow brick.

To the best of their ability has Glads squashing him. No chance for this green lantern to ake one win. Glads>>Superman.

iceman24567
Solomon Grundy has caught Superman off guard as well. Fights in comics dont always have them fighting at the speed of light. Dont you understand drama? Superman has been caught off guard so many time its laughable. Konvikt cleaned his clock as well. Clark Kent needed help to defeat this ultra slow brick.

To the best of their ability has Glads squashing him. No chance for this green lantern to ake one win. Glads>>Superman. Thats fine your wrong and off topic stay on topic for the love of god bring up the Superman vs Gladz thread.

vlaaad12345
100 times o snap o wait superman went to a galaxy 2.5million light years away in under a day during infinite crisis,planet destroying?supes holds opening black holes closed with his fists,he pushes planets under a red sun,his heat vision is hotter than a supernova,there is no board myth superman is flatout glads superior in every way.

Mindset
Haha he blizted a planet no expression. Even Powergirl could blitz a non moving planet.

Planets don't stay still.

shifty

Mindset
100 times o snap o wait superman went to a galaxy 2.5million light years away in under a day during infinite crisis,planet destroying?supes holds opening black holes closed with his fists,he pushes planets under a red sun,his heat vision is hotter than a supernova,there is no board myth superman is flatout glads superior in every way. Wasn't him pushing planets under a red sun pre crisis?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
Planets don't stay still.

shifty Your good for a laugh before sleep time laughing

kgkg
That scan proved nothing since he obviously doesn't use that speed in his battle anymore the Hulk even caught him in a physical fight Superman would annihilate him but this is a totally different thread Hal or Kyle can beat Gladz. He has used speed in battle all the time(best a 100X light speed) Just like superman but the difference is Gladiator does not have limits to his speed , power etc only based on his confidence.

"His been caught in physical combat "who hasn't this is KMC We go speedblitz like Flash.

llagrok
Kyle was able to handle Major Force ages ago, he shouldn't have too much trouble against Gladiator.

kgkg
100 times o snap o wait superman went to a galaxy 2.5million light years away in under a day during infinite crisis,planet destroying?supes holds opening black holes closed with his fists,he pushes planets under a red sun,his heat vision is hotter than a supernova,there is no board myth superman is flatout glads superior in every way. False only thing superman has over Gladitor would be that he is Written well 100 percent of the time meaning he beats Top tier(after all he is Superman)

Speed - Supes has struggled to go light speed few times ( his own word)

Not saying Gladiator is better than Supes but feat wise unless it's Earth 1 Superman Gladitor has done better in terms of speed and power.

Top tier Gl will win for a small majority like Glad Gl are know to Jobs pretty bad

CaptainStoic
How often does a GL defeat a character like Superman? Why is it that I see Gladiator breaking through any containment and choking the life out of... well any GL? Let's remember that Superman always tries his best not to hurt people, whereas Gladiator never holds back.

llagrok
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
How often does a GL defeat a character like Superman? Why is it that I see Gladiator breaking through any containment and choking the life out of... well any GL? Let's remember that Superman always tries his best not to hurt people, whereas Gladiator never holds back.

Did I not just mention major force?

kgkg
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
How often does a GL defeat a character like Superman? All the time

Aster Phoenix
Galds takes it 10/10.

quanchi112

KK the Great
To be clear, Gladiator wasn't causing time dilation or using it against them there.

There was a "time bubble" in which time was slowed considerably. Reed Richards invented a device that allowed the Earth heroes to remain outside the effect of the time dilation while within the bubble. So they had been on the Shi'ar planet for over two weeks (by their perception) while the Shi'ar planet was moving so slowly that it appeared to be frozen for the entire time the heroes were there.

Gladiator arrived back from a mission and, because he was already flying at hyperspeed and has superhuman perception, he was able to see the Earth heroes as barely perceptible blurs. He then accelerated (even faster than he was flying while traveling back from his mission in another galaxy) to match their rate of movement and interact with them even though he was experiencing time differently than they were.

Effectively, he spent the entire issue at intergalactic-travel level hyperspeed. Which, yes, included a brief fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KK the Great
To be clear, Gladiator wasn't causing time dilation or using it against them there.

There was a "time bubble" in which time was slowed considerably. Reed Richards invented a device that allowed the Earth heroes to remain outside the effect of the time dilation while within the bubble. So they had been on the Shi'ar planet for over two weeks (by their perception) while the Shi'ar planet was moving so slowly that it appeared to be frozen for the entire time the heroes were there.

Gladiator arrived back from a mission and, because he was already flying at hyperspeed and has superhuman perception, he was able to see the Earth heroes as barely perceptible blurs. He then accelerated (even faster than he was flying while traveling back from his mission in another galaxy) to match their rate of movement and interact with them even though he was experiencing time differently than they were.

Effectively, he spent the entire issue at intergalactic-travel level hyperspeed. Which, yes, included a brief fight. In your own words what is time dilation?

KK the Great
Your explanation was alright, but you made it sound like Gladiator "used time dilation" against them. The time dilation in this instance wasn't really an issue of relativistic time dilation in the truest sense. It was a comic book pseudo-science "time bubble" that slowed time throughout a large part of the universe. Time was slowed for Gladiator and the rest of the Shi'ar, but the Earth heroes had devices that made them, for lack of a better word, immune to the time bubble's effects.

So two weeks to Thor, Iron Man, and the FF was an instant to Gladiator. He had to operate at hyperspeed to match them.

Space M ummy
Your explanation was alright, but you made it sound like Gladiator "used time dilation" against them. The time dilation in this instance wasn't really an issue of relativistic time dilation in the truest sense. It was a comic book pseudo-science "time bubble" that slowed time throughout a large part of the universe. Time was slowed for Gladiator and the rest of the Shi'ar, but the Earth heroes had devices that made them, for lack of a better word, immune to the time bubble's effects.

So two weeks to Thor, Iron Man, and the FF was an instant to Gladiator. He had to operate at hyperspeed to match them.

That's a pretty damn good speed feat for gladiator- hell, that might be one of the best on panel speed feats in marvel, period.

Endrict Nuul
Depends on how well confident Glads is.

Normal Glads, Kyle, 6/10
Good confidence Glads win 7/10
Well-full confidence Glads wins 8/10

Of course imo.

TricksterPriest
Except that the Gladiator in those scans is a future Gladiator, and not current.

And Superman has faster feats, and stronger ones.

Glads has never tanked two planets colliding. Glads has never moved anything like the wheels of Mageddon. Glads has never just stopped holding back and decimated opponents. Glads cannot punch his way through death. Glads has limits, Superman does not.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by kgkg
False only thing superman has over Gladitor would be that he is Written well 100 percent of the time meaning he beats Top tier(after all he is Superman)

Speed - Supes has struggled to go light speed few times ( his own word)

Not saying Gladiator is better than Supes but feat wise unless it's Earth 1 Superman Gladitor has done better in terms of speed and power.

Top tier Gl will win for a small majority like Glad Gl are know to Jobs pretty bad
He has only struggled in the early early 2000ish area thats the time when he was getting repowered and just started breaking lightspeed again,thesedays he has dozens of ftl feats and several of them are flying to different solar system/galaxies which trump gladiators 100x speed very very easily,superman has alot more strength feats than gladiator and gladiator actually does not have better strength or speed feats and comparing him to earth 1 supes is ludicrous,hal or kyle will take a majority because they get serious it has been shown they can handle a superman level foe(sometimes very very easily).

OneDumbG0
He has only struggled in the early early 2000ish area thats the time when he was getting repowered and just started breaking lightspeed again,thesedays he has dozens of ftl feats and several of them are flying to different solar system/galaxies which trump gladiators 100x speed very very easily,superman has alot more strength feats than gladiator and gladiator actually does not have better strength or speed feats and comparing him to earth 1 supes is ludicrous,hal or kyle will take a majority because they get serious it has been shown they can handle a superman level foe(sometimes very very easily). Gladiator has on-panel nanosecond combat speed. Superman does not. Gladiator is one of the few that can fight at that level of speed. The only kind of speed Superman has ever surpassed Gladiator in, is travelling speed.

llagrok
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Except that the Gladiator in those scans is a future Gladiator, and not current.

Glads has never tanked two planets colliding. Glads has never moved anything like the wheels of Mageddon. Glads has never just stopped holding back and decimated opponents. Glads cannot punch his way through death. Glads has limits, Superman does not.

Superman has never pissed himself.

Starscream M
Glads cannot punch his way through death.

and Superman can? what utter bull faeces...

darthgoober

laughing

I agree of course, it just struck me as funny to hear you say that...

KK the Great

Half of Gladiator's appearances involve time travel. The guy has been around since dinosaurs roamed the Earth. I don't think him being from twenty years in the future is really a cause for discounting an appearance.

No, he's just flat out destroyed one with a few punches.

What is it with Superman fanboys and citing "the wheels of Mageddon" like anyone should be impressed by it?

"I wonder what his point is," he thought to himself while glancing over scans of Gladiator vs. Vulcan.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh.

One of those.

Enyalus
Gladiator does have a weakness to certain radiation. If Kyle learns about it and can have his ring replicate it, this should be an easy win for Kyle. If not, and that's what I'm betting on, then Gladiator should take a majority.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Gladiator has on-panel nanosecond combat speed. Superman does not. Gladiator is one of the few that can fight at that level of speed. The only kind of speed Superman has ever surpassed Gladiator in, is travelling speed.
And superman way back in the late 1990s matched a guy with easily had microsecond reactions,guess what superman has gotten litterally thousands of times faster since then,let me know when gladiator flies to different galaxies in a couple minutes,and for gladiators supposed nano second speed he wasnt blitzing thor and superman kept up with thor nicely and has been upgraded since then.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Enyalus
Gladiator does have a weakness to certain radiation. If Kyle learns about it and can have his ring replicate it, this should be an easy win for Kyle. If not, and that's what I'm betting on, then Gladiator should take a majority. thumb up

but like the other poster said, gladiator isn't so nice, he is a soldier of the throne after all and going easy on his opponent's isn't acceptable.

hal has to be quick about it if he wants to utilize the radiation trick since kallark will be raining punches on him like crazy.

quanchi112

So two weeks to Thor, Iron Man, and the FF was an instant to Gladiator. He had to operate at hyperspeed to match them. Yes, I responded very quickly like usual and could have worded it a little better. It was a very impressive feat to say the least.

quanchi112

Glads has never tanked two planets colliding. Glads has never moved anything like the wheels of Mageddon. Glads has never just stopped holding back and decimated opponents. Glads cannot punch his way through death. Glads has limits, Superman does not. And? His powerset remained the same,so?

The wheels of mageddon,it was impressive but we dont know how impressive.

Are you saying Superman doesnt have limits?

Glads is faster than Superman,has equally hot heat vision,and has destroyed a planet on panel. Supes has him in strength imo.

Red Hulk
And? His powerset remained the same,so?
Did it?

He showed two new things in that universe than he hasn't in 616..

The mere fact that he hasn't done this in 616 already makes the feat questionable to say the least.

KK the Great
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Did it?

The mere fact that he hasn't done this in 616 already makes the feat questionable to say the least.

He only matched people experiencing time differently by utilizing his hyperspeed once, so all the times he didn't do so should be proof that the time he did it was due to a completely unexplained and un-hinted at powerup?

That's pretty damn disingenuous.

It's not as though he shot grape soda out of his hands with no prior history of carbonated beverage projection powers. He undeniably has superspeed. He undeniably has tactical superspeed. The feat was an application of an ability he has demonstrated in numerous canon appearances.

quanchi112
Did it?

The mere fact that he hasn't done this in 616 already makes the feat questionable to say the least. Do you have any information regarding this powerup of Glads? Are you saying he lacks speed in the 616?

Red Hulk
He only matched people experiencing time differently by utilizing his hyperspeed once, so all the times he didn't do so should be proof that the time he did it was due to a completely unexplained and un-hinted at powerup?

That's pretty damn disingenuous.

It's not as though he shot grape soda out of his hands with no prior history of carbonated beverage projection powers. He undeniably has superspeed. He undeniably has tactical superspeed. The feat was an application of an ability he has demonstrated in numerous canon appearances. I was going to make an actual post towards this, but meh:

"Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed."

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t461496.html

Do you have any information regarding this powerup of Glads? Are you saying he lacks speed in the 616? Are you trying to verify an assumption with a question? Two questions actually?

Besides even if he can do this feat, the mere fact that there's no time dilution in this thread means it's irrelevant anyway.

quanchi112
I was going to make an actual post towards this, but meh:

"Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed."

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t461496.html

Are you trying to verify an assumption with a question? Two questions actually?

Besides even if he can do this feat, the mere fact that there's no time dilution in this thread means it's irrelevant anyway. But he still has his superspeed. The only reason he used it in this manner is because the situation arose for him for do it this way. You can take away this story but you cant take away his abilities.

KK the Great
I was going to make an actual post towards this, but meh:

Then I'm not sure what your point is.

The Black Celestial saga is in-continuity. It's not like we're citing a What If? or an Elseworlds where the continuity is drastically changed with alternate takes on the characters. The FF/Avengers just went a few years into the future, with no reason given to believe that Gladiator had changed over that short time period. It's not some alternate reality version of Gladiator in a universe where he's a herald of Galactus or anything like that. It's just regular old Gladiator a few years into the future.

And I think it is one thing to try to cite an Elseworlds feat for Superman when he has thousands of readily available references, but Gladiator has so few appearances as it is, it's asinine to reduce his references even further by taking away some of the best straight comparisons we have to go on.

Red Hulk
But he still has his superspeed. The only reason he used it in this manner is because the situation arose for him for do it this way. You can take away this story but you cant take away his abilities. I never said he didn't. But when he moves at probably millions/billions/trillions of times or more the speed of light an alternate reality, it doesn't really make sense to 616 at all. I can't take away his abilities, you're right, but I can't give him abilities based on an alternate reality either. Otherwise it opens the door for the 'Hulk stood up to Galactus! WWH would destroy him'/'Surfer serious killed Thor'/'Thor broke Hulk's neck'... the only difference is that those are from regular attacks, not something like 'hyperspeed'.

The situation arose, but it won't arise in this thread anyway...

quanchi112
I never said he didn't. But when he moves at probably millions/billions/trillions of times or more the speed of light an alternate reality, it doesn't really make sense to 616 at all. I can't take away his abilities, you're right, but I can't give him abilities based on an alternate reality either. Otherwise it opens the door for the 'Hulk stood up to Galactus! WWH would destroy him'/'Surfer serious killed Thor'/'Thor broke Hulk's neck'... the only difference is that those are from regular attacks, not something like 'hyperspeed'.

The situation arose, but it won't arise in this thread anyway... But he is the exact same character who no differences at all. The difference between some of these alternate universe characters are usually stated or given to us by the writers. Galactus in that Surfer exiles story is a prime example. He was completely different. But some of these alternate reality stories let them rock the boat without having to rock the 616 boat imo.

Glads' abilties are the exact same. Like Kk said he doesnt have that many appearances and there is no reason. There were also no events that took place, which make us think he was any more or less powerful than usual.

Red Hulk
Then I'm not sure what your point is.

The Black Celestial saga is in-continuity. It's not like we're citing a What If? or an Elseworlds where the continuity is drastically changed with alternate takes on the characters. The FF/Avengers just went a few years into the future, with no reason given to believe that Gladiator had changed over that short time period. It's not some alternate reality version of Gladiator in a universe where he's a herald of Galactus or anything like that. It's just regular old Gladiator a few years into the future.

And I think it is one thing to try to cite an Elseworlds feat for Superman when he has thousands of readily available references, but Gladiator has so few appearances as it is, it's asinine to reduce his references even further by taking away some of the best straight comparisons we have to go on. It's still an alternate reality though. And using that logic, then we could have Cyke blowing up adamantium in every thread he's in...

Asinine... would this be like trying to go against the rules?

Red Hulk
But he is the exact same character who no differences at all. The difference between some of these alternate universe characters are usually stated or given to us by the writers. Galactus in that Surfer exiles story is a prime example. He was completely different. But some of these alternate reality stories let them rock the boat without having to rock the 616 boat imo.

Glads' abilties are the exact same. Like Kk said he doesnt have that many appearances and there is no reason or no events that took place that make us think he was any more or less powerful than usual. Fine then, Galactus fails to put down Hulk while he's continually firing at him. Surfer kills Thor. Thor kills Hulk. Phoenix destroys a universe. Cyclops destroys adamantium. Mags and Apocalypse kill each other. Etc.

Except he has something like 'hyperspeed'... I don't know how similar that is to 616...
He does have appearances though, and the only reason this is being argued is because it's his best feat.

Anyway, this has no relevance on this thread, and just seems like spam at this point in time.

quanchi112
Fine then, Galactus fails to put down Hulk while he's continually firing at him. Surfer kills Thor. Thor kills Hulk. Phoenix destroys a universe. Cyclops destroys adamantium. Mags and Apocalypse kill each other. Etc.

Except he has something like 'hyperspeed'... I don't know how similar that is to 616...
He does have appearances though, and the only reason this is being argued is because it's his best feat.

Anyway, this has no relevance on this thread, and just seems like spam at this point in time. Spam? What are you talking about? I gave my reasoning and you call it spam.

I said its fine to take away this story but his abilities stay the same.

Red Hulk
Spam? What are you talking about? I gave my reasoning and you call it spam.

I said its fine to take away this story but his abilities stay the same. Because I thought it was established that this is irrelevant to this thread. Therefore off topic, therefore spam.

So... what exactly would the second statement mean?
Would that mean that we discount the alternate reality story, but at the same time keep the feats he accomplished there?

zeel

Hmm superman having no limits. Be very careful bout what ya say becasue that may open up a whole new discussion. Superman haveing no limits is absolutly false.

quanchi112
Because I thought it was established that this is irrelevant to this thread. Therefore off topic, therefore spam.

So... what exactly would the second statement mean?
Would that mean that we discount the alternate reality story, but at the same time keep the feats he accomplished there? He still has the same abilities to achieve these feats. There were no added abilities to Glads for this storyline.

You make me cackle. You bringing up spam. The guy who posts pics of cats all the time. Hypocritical much?

Red Hulk
He still has the same abilities to achieve these feats. There were no added abilities to Glads for this storyline.

You make me cackle. You bringing up spam. The guy who posts pics of cats all the time. Hypocritical much? Hyperspeed? He travels fast, but I don't remember him ever doing that type of shit before. Plus, if we take away the story, then hyperspeed doesn't exist anyway... and therefore the feat doesn't exist, so we can't add it to his (if you're responding to me being confused about your comment).
There were no added canon to Glads for this storyline.

That's ancient history, and cat pictures have as much relevance as idiotic posts.
Besides, I was joking, but that response to the spam thing reminded me of something Nvr would say/do... kill yourself.

KK the Great
Asinine... would this be like trying to go against the rules?

The rules of this forum are quite often used to asinine ends, certainly.

It's one thing to discount the sort of alternate realities where creators are given free reign to re-imagine radical new takes on classic characters. That's perfectly understandable, and undoubtedly the spirit in which the rule was written.

But to discount several major appearances of an already rarely-appearing character just because the characters traveled a few years into the future is inane. Simonson didn't create an "alternate version" of Gladiator. He simply presented the character as he generally appears, except with a story set a few years in the future. There's no good reason to believe that Simonson would've written "present Gladiator" any differently.

Red Hulk
The rules of this forum are quite often used to asinine ends, certainly. This is all I read.

Don't post here then if you don't like the rules.

KK the Great
Hyperspeed? He travels fast, but I don't remember him ever doing that type of shit before.

What are you looking for?

Fights being described as taking place in nanoseconds?

He's done that.

Traveling several light years in a matter of seconds?

Done that, too.

Speed-blitzing of the "perform complex actions instantly" variety?

Yes to that, as well.

I'm not sure what, exactly, you think this added aside from a nifty frame of reference not often available for tactical speed feats.

quanchi112
Hyperspeed? He travels fast, but I don't remember him ever doing that type of shit before. Plus, if we take away the story, then hyperspeed doesn't exist anyway... and therefore the feat doesn't exist, so we can't add it to his (if you're responding to me being confused about your comment).
There were no added canon to Glads for this storyline.

That's ancient history.
Besides, I was joking, but that response to the spam thing reminded me of something Nvr would say/do... kill yourself. Well,since you once described me as nver's opposite then Id say Im playing my role perfectly. The point is he can still travel very fast and use combat speed. His abilities were and are the same.

KK the Great
This is all I read.

Don't post here then if you don't like the rules.

Stop using them as a crutch.

Red Hulk
What are you looking for?

Fights being described as taking place in nanoseconds?

He's done that.

Traveling several light years in a matter of seconds?

Done that, too.

Speed-blitzing of the "perform complex actions instantly" variety?

Yes to that, as well.

I'm not sure what, exactly, you think this added aside from a nifty frame of reference not often available for tactical speed feats. Use those then.

But the mere fact that he can go into a 'hyperspeed' mode where he's basically traveling two weeks faster than everything in an alternate time line isn't substantiated because he has good speed feats in 616. Hell, if that time dilution wasn't in effect, then he basically looked like 616 Glads to the heroes... that doesn't seem right, because in reality he was traveling faster than well... let's call it time as well.

It adds the fact that he seems like the fastest comic character ever based on that scene that people are trying to add to 616. I'm not sure who would ever be able to beat that version outside abstracts.

Stop using them as a crutch. I brought them up so I wouldn't have to type a long winded post.

Either way, stop breaking them.

Well,since you once described me as nver's opposite then Id say Im playing my role perfectly. The point is he can still travel very fast and use combat speed. His abilities were and are the same. Uh... huh...

KK the Great
Use those then.

But the mere fact that he can go into a 'hyperspeed' mode where he's basically traveling two weeks faster than everything in an alternate time line isn't substantiated because he has good speed feats in 616. Hell, if that time dilution wasn't in effect, then he basically looked like 616 Glads to the heroes... that doesn't seem right, because in reality he was traveling faster than well... let's call it time as well.

It adds the fact that he seems like the fastest comic character ever based on that scene that people are trying to add to 616. I'm not sure who would ever be able to beat that version outside abstracts.

In the "non-canon" Black Celestial Saga (LOL), Gladiator said that the trip home from his mission on a distant settlement took only a few hours at hyperspeed.

In terms of sheer velocity, that's relatively pedestrian compared to the speed he's shown on other occasions. He's traveled to distant galaxies in practically no time, and he's gone "several light years" in seconds. Comparatively, taking a few hours to cross a galaxy isn't so fast.

The absolute speed demonstrated isn't really the point.

Let's be honest. You brought them up because you aren't very confident in your argumentation skills.

I mean, did you really have a great argument that you just decided not to wow us with?

"I was going to make an actual post towards this, but meh"

I sort of don't believe you.

darthgoober
Even if Glads seemed no different in an alternate timeline, the fact of the matter is that Alternate Future Timelines aren't acceptable evidence of mainstream character's abilities. We don't use Hollywood's feats for 616 Wonderman, we don't use GDS Darkseid for current Darkseid, and we don't use Black Celestal Gladiator in this particular debate.

If the rule in and of itself isn't reason enough for you then fact that Glad's powers are based on confidence should be. I know thirty years doesn't seem like that long, but there are a lot of things that could happen to raise the boys ego in that amount of time. Hell maybe he finally found a chick that was willing to look past the Mohawk and got laid...

Mindset
Gladiator with Wolverine's confidence would be invincible. sad

KK the Great
Originally posted by darthgoober
Even if Glads seemed no different in an alternate timeline, the fact of the matter is that Alternate Future Timelines aren't acceptable evidence of mainstream character's abilities. We don't use Hollywood's feats for 616 Wonderman, we don't use GDS Darkseid for current Darkseid, and we don't use Black Celestal Gladiator in this particular debate.

If the rule in and of itself isn't reason enough for you then fact that Glad's powers are based on confidence should be. I know thirty years doesn't seem like that long, but there are a lot of things that could happen to raise the boys ego in that amount of time. Hell maybe he finally found a chick that was willing to look past the Mohawk and got laid...

What is this, some sort of two negatives make a positive type of thing?

If I make several really bad arguments, they'll combine into a single good one.

I don't think logic works that way.

Enyalus
Know what would literally drip orgasmic badassness? An alternate future, Omniversal War Kallark arc. In it, Annihilus has just destroyed the Shi'ar Empire and Glads is effing pissed. Gladiator is so pissed off that he literally doesn't care about confidence, thus increasing his speed, strength, HV, and Frost breath powers towards infinity. So he flies around and solos the entire Annihilation Wave. But he's still pissed, of course, so finds the Guardians of the Galaxy as convenient scapegoats. He proceeds to rip Nova's arms off and use them to simultaneously sodomize Gamora and Quasar, before casually destroying them all. Not sated yet, he decides to take this problem straight to the people who allowed it to happen - Master Order and Lord Chaos. He flies so fast that he actually rips open dimensions until getting to the Nexus of All Realities, where the In-Betweener is waiting for him.

Kallark goes, "Out of my way, idiot! Segregation was a great idea, and your frail black and white body had to ruin it!! I will destroy you now!"

Promptly, Gladiator blasts him with a gout of heat vision so hot that it disintegrates him as well as every plane of existence known (since they're on the Nexus of Realities). Near death from this attack, Master Order and Lord Chaos lay helpless at Kallark's feet with pathetic pleading looks upon their faces. Unmerciful, and still filled with rage, he is about to strike them down when a booming voice cuts through the black and charred area, and the Living Tribunal appears. He's ready judge that Annihilus' attack was unlawful and undo any and all damages done to the Shi'ar Empire, if Kallark will allow Order and Chaos to live and resume his Imperial business. Blinded by vengeance and unable to fully comprehend his actions, he uses his frost breath to cool LT down to absolute zero - completely freezing all of the M-body's particles and making him totally defenseless. Glads proceeds to use heat vision, vaporizing LT completely. Realizing that the 616 universe is now empty and gone, and seeking to find a newer, worthy home, Glads begins to fly at unquantifiable speeds - quintillions of time lightspeed, flying through boundaries of universes and times, searching for a perfect Shi'ar Empire. He judges each universe unworthy of living up to his ideal, and the heroes and villians in each as being inferior, weak, and "jerks." Finally, after slaughtering the entire population of the omniverse, TOAA proclaims Kallark 'divine' and grants him his own fantasy universe, which is completely dominated by the Shi'ar, ruled by Gladiator himself, where he can kill skrulls at his leisure. The end.

Now. That's spam.

quanchi112
Use those then.

I brought them up so I wouldn't have to type a long winded post.

Either way, stop breaking them.

Uh... huh... We should still be able to refer to this story then as he has the same abilities. Thats my point. it isnt like he couldnt do this in the 616.Originally posted by darthgoober

If the rule in and of itself isn't reason enough for you then fact that Glad's powers are based on confidence should be. I know thirty years doesn't seem like that long, but there are a lot of things that could happen to raise the boys ego in that amount of time. Hell maybe he finally found a chick that was willing to look past the Mohawk and got laid... Hollywood and Darkseid seem very different to Glads who looked and acted the same. He didnt demonstrate any new abilities. I understand your point,but Darkseid had a few significant changes occur to his being that we saw on panel which makes him different than Gladiator. Mordru,etc.

Hollywood is obviously different as well. The writer established him as different that current Wonderman. But,Glads seemed exactly the same imo. Thats why this should be an exception imo.

OneDumbG0
And superman way back in the late 1990s matched a guy with easily had microsecond reactions,guess what superman has gotten litterally thousands of times faster since then,let me know when gladiator flies to different galaxies in a couple minutes,and for gladiators supposed nano second speed he wasnt blitzing thor and superman kept up with thor nicely and has been upgraded since then. Show me where Superman had microsecond combat speed. Gladiator doesn't have supposed nanosecond combat speed. He has proven on-panel, unequivocal nanosecond combat speed. I know as a Superman fan, you're used to equivocating and reaching for these heights with your character when he plainly doesn't have them, but that kind of fruitless meandering isn't necessary for Gladiator. And please... please don't even bother using JLA/Avengers garbage with me.

kgkg
And superman way back in the late 1990s matched a guy with easily had microsecond reactions,guess what superman has gotten litterally thousands of times faster since then,let me know when gladiator flies to different galaxies in a couple minutes,and for gladiators supposed nano second speed he wasnt blitzing thor and superman kept up with thor nicely and has been upgraded since then. In the 1990's Superman wasn't faster than light try again. Glad was doing 100X light speed.

spidey-dude
gladiator FTW

Metalmanx
Agreed. Glads takes the majority.

iceman24567
Gl rings do sense weaknesses no? A blast of the radiation that Gladz is weak against easy ko.

OneDumbG0
Gl rings do sense weaknesses no? A blast of the radiation that Gladz is weak against easy ko. Structural weakness maybe. There's a scan where Hal fails to find a structural weakness with a ring scan, but the fact that he tries to, suggests that if there was a structural weakness (which there wasn't), he could find one. Weakness to a specific radiation due to Gladiator's unique physiology? No precedent as far as I am aware of. GL rings are linked to the Oan database that probably give them info on races that Guardians have encountered. But Gladiator is Shiar and a pretty unique Shiar at that.

Also, I have not found a scan of GL synthesizing a different form of energy with their rings. And I've asked in several threads and received nothing. So even if he did know, there's no proof that I've seen that they could generate/replicate that type of radiation with their rings.

kgkg
Wow GL are underrated more than Gladiator on KMC it seems

iceman24567
I can agree with that but hey somebody has to be underrated.

OneDumbG0
Wow GL are underrated more than Gladiator on KMC it seems GLs are overrated. A lot of people have taken certain liberties with GLs and assumed they can do certain things that they've never actually done or even intimated an ability to do. I don't know why GLs get that kind of free pass. But I ain't giving it to em.

kgkg
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
GLs are overrated. A lot of people have taken certain liberties with GLs and assumed they can do certain things that they've never actually done or even intimated an ability to do. I don't know why GLs get that kind of free pass. But I ain't giving it to em. Overrated by who this thread seem to be favoring Gladiator while most of other thread has him loosing against almost any top tier.

joshypooh
gladiator cant lose. too fast.

vlaaad12345
Green lanterns fly from earth to the center of the universe in no time at all hell kyle is a faster flyer than supes and supes has many more speed feats than glads.

kgkg
Green lanterns fly from earth to the center of the universe in no time at all hell kyle is a faster flyer than supes and supes has many more speed feats than glads. Supes has speedblitz lanterns , and no Supes does not have 100X light speed feats.

vlaaad12345
Your rights he has beyond 100 times light speed feats as in thousands of times,he had to fly from earth to oa to rao which is in a different galaxy all together so for him to make it there in 1 day(lol was 2 panels)he would have to be going over 500 thousand times the speed of light,100x speed of light is shit,kyle is the fastest flyer and regularly flew from earth to oa in no time at all far beyond 100x the speed of light.

kgkg
Your rights he has beyond 100 times light speed feats as in thousands of times,he had to fly from earth to oa to rao which is in a different galaxy all together so for him to make it there in 1 day(lol was 2 panels)he would have to be going over 500 thousand times the speed of light,100x speed of light is shit,kyle is the fastest flyer and regularly flew from earth to oa in no time at all far beyond 100x the speed of light. it's called warp roll eyes (sarcastic)

spidey-dude
Green lanterns fly from earth to the center of the universe in no time at all hell kyle is a faster flyer than supes and supes has many more speed feats than glads. surfer can beat a GL at flight speed anytime

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by spidey-dude
surfer can beat a GL at flight speed anytime
Good thing this is gladiator.

spidey-dude
Good thing this is gladiator. doesnt matter if a GL can fly faster than glads we dont even know if thats a true fact or not but glads has taken out surfer before so GL shouldnt be a problem for him

kgkg
doesnt matter if a GL can fly faster than glads we dont even know if thats a true fact or not but glads has taken out surfer before so GL shouldnt be a problem for him False Glad has never taken surfer before big grin

Infact Surfer defeated this guy with Glad's power with uni power (x50)

iceman24567
Gladz isn't too fast for a GL thats crazy talk.

kgkg
Gladz isn't too fast for a GL thats crazy talk. just curious do you have any reaction feats for Gl's?

spidey-dude
False Glad has never taken surfer before big grin

Infact Surfer defeated this guy with Glad's power with uni power (x50) they have both taken eachother for your information big grin

Red Hulk
they have both taken eachother for your information big grin No... they haven't even fought once... in canon.

But Surfer did beat... Originally posted by kgkg
this guy with Glad's power with uni power (x50)

KK the Great
supes has many more speed feats than glads.

Really?

The character who stars in several books every month and has done so for the past 70 years has more feats than the character who makes the occasional guest appearance every couple of years?

How asinine.

vlaaad12345
Really?

The character who stars in several books every month and has done so for the past 70 years has more feats than the character who makes the occasional guest appearance every couple of years?

How asinine.
Why hello there mr jackazz funny how you don't actually try and make an argument or counter mine.

quanchi112
Green lanterns fly from earth to the center of the universe in no time at all hell kyle is a faster flyer than supes and supes has many more speed feats than glads. You really think kyle is faster than Supes?

quanchi112
Gladz isn't too fast for a GL thats crazy talk. Yes,he most certainly is. But,I dont see speed determining the outcome of this fight. If we argue powersets sure,but I argue whats in character.

Estacado
Kyle.

fangirl101
Both of them seem pretty lame these days. 10/10 they each mess up the fight.

KK the Great
Why hello there mr jackazz funny how you don't actually try and make an argument or counter mine.

That's because your argument is unbelievably trite and not worth discussing.

Who gives a crap if Superman has "more" feats than a character who has appeared in something like 1/1000 the comics Superman has? There isn't a character in existence that should reasonably be expected to compete with Superman in terms of sheer number of feats.

iceman24567
Quan no more answering my questions because you make zero sense. Anyways I'm pretty sure Kyle takes this.

quanchi112
Quan no more answering my questions because you make zero sense. Anyways I'm pretty sure Kyle takes this. Thats fine. But all you do is make baseless statements that you never,ever back up with any kind of evidence. You say Kyle is faster than supes and then dont back it up.

kgkg
Kyle is faster than supes and then dont back it up. laughing out loud

iceman24567
Thats fine. But all you do is make baseless statements that you never,ever back up with any kind of evidence. You say Kyle is faster than supes and then dont back it up. I did huh? That's nice i never ever back anything up when your concerned because your annoying and 1 dimensional when it comes to debating so like i said don't answer my questions because they weren't meant for you and they never are.

spidey-dude
No... they haven't even fought once... in canon.

But Surfer did beat... again every damn book thats released isnt cannon unless there fanboy wins then that makes the book cannon right ?

kgkg
again every damn book thats released isnt cannon unless there fanboy wins then that makes the book cannon right ? It's not cannon because it wasn't.

Just like how exile SS ripped Gladiator in two

what if's and some comics which are outside the 616 universe or different reality are non considered canon

Even in the comic your referring it was a stalemate Glad did not beat Surfer.

KK the Great
again every damn book thats released isnt cannon unless there fanboy wins then that makes the book cannon right ?

There are too many people here who aren't capable of applying the powers of reason to distinguish for themselves the difference between an alternate version of a character and a simple time-travel story in which the character is presented at his normal power level, so the rules have to be overly broad to accommodate the least common denominator faction.

spidey-dude
It's not cannon because it wasn't.

Just like how exile SS ripped Gladiator in two

what if's and some comics which are outside the 616 universe or different reality are non considered canon

Even in the comic your referring it was a stalemate Glad did not beat Surfer. if it doesnt say NOT CANNON anywhere printed on a book then theres no proof of a book being cannon or not. this cannon sh!t never existed till the fanboys on KMC came along. only books i dont agree to are most crossovers because there done off of votes lots of the time. like i dont agree to wolverine beating lobo or storm taking out WW thats abunch of BS there.

quanchi112
I did huh? That's nice i never ever back anything up when your concerned because your annoying and 1 dimensional when it comes to debating so like i said don't answer my questions because they weren't meant for you and they never are. My bad vlaad said that,I thought it was you.

kgkg
if it doesnt say NOT CANNON anywhere printed on a book then theres no proof of a book being cannon or not. this cannon sh!t never existed till the fanboys on KMC came along. only books i dont agree to are most crossovers because there done off of votes lots of the time. like i dont agree to wolverine beating lobo or storm taking out WW thats abunch of BS there. the term cannon was invented so that people would not use different timeliness or version of set character. So anyone that is not from 616 main timeline or DC timeline is not to be used for debate if we are debating 616 main timeline.

and that canon argument i didn't bring that up wink

But even in that battle GLADIATOR did NOT BEAT SURFER.

and in recent times Surfer defeated someone with Gladiator's power with UNI(x50) , and also when they did meat once SS stated that he can take Glad with radiation easily.

unless you have scans of this so called defeated that post it but i have seen that battle it was a stalemate.

spidey-dude
the term cannon was invented so that people would not use different timeliness or version of set character. So anyone that is not from 616 main timeline or DC timeline is not to be used for debate if we are debating 616 main timeline.

and that canon argument i didn't bring that up wink

But even in that battle GLADIATOR did NOT BEAT SURFER.

and in recent times Surfer defeated someone with Gladiator's power with UNI(x50) , and also when they did meat once SS stated that he can take Glad with radiation easily.

unless you have scans of this so called defeated that post it but i have seen that battle it was a stalemate. whats the point of me posting them you and the rest gonna start biching oh those images arent cannon right ?

darthgoober
whats the point of me posting them you and the rest gonna start biching oh those images arent cannon right ?
Do you understand what canon means?

kgkg
whats the point of me posting them you and the rest gonna start biching oh those images arent cannon right ?

kgkg

kgkg

kgkg

kgkg
HOW DID GLAD WIN?

spidey-dude
HOW DID GLAD WIN? wrong book

kgkg
whats the point of me posting them you and the rest gonna start biching oh those images arent cannon right ? dude it's good your supporting Glad his my fav marvel guy smile

kgkg
wrong book so in which book did he win? thats the only time I can remember SS fighting Gladiator

and Exile but Gladiator got destroyed there

-Pr-
mmm

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
mmm
Why all this thread necromancy?

biensalsa
DD clones were a pathetic example imo. Again Batman took some out,so they werent that impressive if impressive at all by any stretch of the word.

Glads couldnt take out Hulk,while a bloodlusted Superman couldnt even take out WW,who was also holding back. So I think Glads still looks better through what you have shown me.

Lets see some scans here regarding Glads. Hotter than a star, no problem. On panel. Id like to see some Superman proof also. So,if Glads couldnt kill Hulk with heavision then neither can Superman. That was easy.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/GladPower2.jpg

Here Glads is described as going one hundred times the speed of light. Yeah,he might be faster than Superman here.

Glads has also destroyed a planet on panel with his fists. So,you claiming Superman's superiority over Glads is simply unfounded imo.
I understand that you strongly feel that Konvikt can win this but this simply isnt the case. WW Hulk at his most powerful was just on a whole other level.

If you can provide me with proof he is faster that 100 times the speed of light then you win.

Superman isnt stronger just because you say he is.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/hulk-face-palm.gif

quanchi112
?

biensalsa
?

His presentation of evidence? broken links?

quanchi112
Originally posted by biensalsa
His presentation of evidence? broken links? Yeah, that's old. Images are frequently deleted on people's photobucket accounts.

Tony Stark
Gladiator ftw

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Gladiator ftw

Won't really matter when a Lantern is fast enough to stop it.

Tony Stark
But, since he can't he's going to be in trouble very quickly.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>