ESB Vader Vs Darth Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laser7455
Who wins here?

1.Saber
2.Force
3.All out

Location-Geonosis where Dooku fought Obi-Wan & Anakin

Tangible God
ESB Vader vs. a complete unknown. Very good, very good.

1. Probably Revan. Judging by the way things have gone in that Qui-Gon vs. Revan thread, Revan's still held in high-esteem, despite his ambiguity.

2. Revan. I don't care what anyone says, Vader's not gonna be able to resist a full blast of Force Lightning, even with his exceptional TK.

3. I'm tempted to say Vader. His superior strength should hold off Revan's Lightning long enough for him to get him in his telekinetic grasp, tough I feel if Revan gets in close with a saber, utilizes a well placed Push or two, he could angle himself up for a decent win.

Enyalus
1. Sabers - Vader, 6/10.
2. Force - Revan, 7/10.
3. All-out - Revan, 7/10.

I don't see how Vader can possibly survive long enough to beat Revan once he faces his Force Lightning...or heaven forbid Force Storm.

SIDIOUS 66
Everyone thinks Vader will lose against anyone who can use force lightning. If that were the case then the dark side users who served Sidious would not of feared Vader.

Revan would lose to Vader. Vader still held tremendous power over the dark side even with his suit. Galen used force lightning on vader, and it didn't stop Vader. Vader still kept fighting, even though he eventually lost, but not as a result of the lightning. Galen wasn't just any user of force lightning, he was a master of the technique.

Schwarzenegger
I think revan would win the majority of the force an all out BUT vader does have a chance to win.

Tangible God
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Everyone thinks Vader will lose against anyone who can use force lightning. If that were the case then the dark side users who served Sidious would not of feared Vader.

Revan would lose to Vader. Vader still held tremendous power over the dark side even with his suit. Galen used force lightning on vader, and it didn't stop Vader. Vader still kept fighting, even though he eventually lost, but not as a result of the lightning. Galen wasn't just any user of force lightning, he was a master of the technique. You do know a lightsaber can block Lightning, right? I'd like to see some Dark Acolyte with nerve and confidence enough in his own abilities take on Vader. They'd die.

SIDIOUS 66
Yeah that was my point.

Enyalus
Galen wasn't just any user of force lightning, he was a master of the technique.

Says who?

SIDIOUS 66
Well if you read tfu novel or comic, you would see how extremely he uses force lightning. How many force lightning users have you seen taking out legions of storm troopers all at once, and overpowering tie fighters with lightning. In the comic he overpowered Rahm Kota, and used it against Sidious.

Is it just me or are they starting to make comics cheap now days. I barely bought the comic tfu, and the pages are already starting to detach.

Tangible God
Yeah that was my point. My point is, in a purely Force fight, Vader's got no lightsaber standing between Revan's Lightning and Vader's now vulnerable suit.

Enyalus
Well if you read tfu novel or comic, you would see how extremely he uses force lightning. How many force lightning users have you seen taking out legions of storm troopers all at once, and overpowering tie fighters with lightning. In the comic he overpowered Rahm Kota, and used it against Sidious.

As a matter of fact, I have. He doesn't use Lightning on a TIE fighter. Rahm Kota catches and deflects the lightning. The stormtroopers presumably die, but don't become charred or disintegrate, and they have zero Force shields anyway so it isn't a big feat. And his lightning didn't bother Sidious one bit.

My all evidence, his lightning is pretty weak.

Mizukage Yoda
I have a question which version of TFU is canon the game, the novel, or the comic: I guess the comic is non-canon because it skips an entire mission.

Enyalus
They're all the same level of C-canon...But the novelization has more detail.

Mizukage Yoda
Interesting same events, different interpretations, I'm guessing?

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Tangible God
My point is, in a purely Force fight, Vader's got no lightsaber standing between Revan's Lightning and Vader's now vulnerable suit.

My point is Vader survived a lightning attack from Galen, so i don't see why he couldn't against Revan.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Enyalus
As a matter of fact, I have. He doesn't use Lightning on a TIE fighter. Rahm Kota catches and deflects the lightning. The stormtroopers presumably die, but don't become charred or disintegrate, and they have zero Force shields anyway so it isn't a big feat. And his lightning didn't bother Sidious one bit.

My all evidence, his lightning is pretty weak.

You must of not read the whole book because he did use lightning against a tie fighter. The only force users that have charred anyone with lightning, that i know of, were Sidious and Bane, who were beyond extreme users of the technique. When he fought Rahm Kota he was not as powerful or as experienced as when he fought Vader. In the comics Kota did not catch the lightning. In the novel even though Kota cought most of the lightning, it still hurled him back. When has Revan charred or disintegrated anyone with lightning?

Advent
I'd say Revan takes them all. It's possible he may lose in saber combat, but only because the circumstances of most of his battles are unknown.

I would think Revan should take him in actuality (speculation, in other words). Vader's pretty shoddy on the grand scale--he can't overwhelm an older Kenobi, who's skill deteriorated substantially along with his physical attributes. Their duel was actually described as being a hard fight to fight by Lucas. As well, at the height of his power, using his full-strength, he is stated to be virtual equals with a reluctant, lightside ROTJ Luke.

Revan's most impressive feat is lopping Malak's jaw off in a lightsaber battle. Along with other factors, it's apparent he would present difficulties to Vader to say the very least.

NonSensi-Klown
Do you know the source where it says that Vader was hardpressed to fight Obi-Wan and equal with Luke? That would be handy for me...

Advent
Nope, I just made it up as a late April's Fool joke...haha?

There are two sources indicating Vader was hardpressed,

1) ANH Commentary. Lucas says exactly what I wrote he said, "hard fight to fight".

2) Star Wars Insider #62, the Fight Saber article says that he couldn't break Kenobi's defenses until he let him.

So it was a stalemate in the end. As for the being equals with Luke,

1) the ROTJ comic book says it was a "battle of equals" unlike the duel on Bespin. Note that the narrator states that--if anything--Luke had the upperhand rather than Vader. As well as implying that Luke was reluctant, it outright says that Vader was giving it his all.

2) Upon turning to the Fight Saber article again, it also states as much ("able to duel the Dark Lord on even footing", this is not about when he goes batshit insane either). Also written is that OT Vader is at the height of his powers.

Schwarzenegger
Strange, that makes vader look extremely weak yet leaked footage of TFU showed vader being an extremely good combatant.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Advent

I meant to say, could you list the sources, you smartass.

Alas, thank ye. stick out tongue

Advent
Lucas' own words often indicate he pretty much believes Vader to be rather weak as a duelist. Everyone in the OT, actually; except for the Emperor assumedly.

What exactly does Vader do in TFU that makes him stand out so much? I really haven't been following it much. But if anything, the OT's portait of Vader is more true to character than TFU's, it being a video game and all.

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Alas, thank ye. stick out tongue

I decree ye be welcome.

EDIT:

z0MG, forgot smiley! big grin

Lightsnake

1) ANH Commentary. Lucas says exactly what I wrote he said, "hard fight to fight".

2) Star Wars Insider #62, the Fight Saber article says that he couldn't break Kenobi's defenses until he let him.

1) the ROTJ comic book says it was a "battle of equals" unlike the duel on Bespin. Note that the narrator states that--if anything--Luke had the upperhand rather than Vader. As well as implying that Luke was reluctant, it outright says that Vader was giving it his all.

2) Upon turning to the Fight Saber article again, it also states as much ("able to duel the Dark Lord on even footing", this is not about when he goes batshit insane either). Also written is that OT Vader is at the height of his powers.

Oddly enough, Vader doesn't really seem THAT bad in the EU...Rise of Darth Vader, he kills quite a few Jedi, in Purge, he takes on about 4-5 at once, in Tales, he kills the Dark Woman and is, in Palpatine's words, the greatest Jedi killer in history.

In fact, the Death Star book indicates that Vader is going to kill Kenobi and he's too much for him.

Advent
I realize Vader is usually shown to be a talented fighter and he is, but you have to ask: against who? Did he just use his lightsaber? Did he dominate? For instance, the Dark Woman would've been out-of-practice for nearly two decades... giving her diminished skills. And Vader didn't rely entirely on his lightsaber, from what I remember. She also put up a good fight.

I'm not saying he isn't good, but hardly on the grand scale. I'm only discussing his saber abilities, mind you. In the Force, he's certainly higher up.

By the way, what does DS say exactly, Lightsnake?

Lightsnake
Well, with saber abilities, he's pretty darn good as Purge and RoDV showed...I mean, not balls off the wall incredible, but good enough to kill a vast majority of combatants.

As for Death Star, I don't have it off hand, but it pretty much made clear Vader was pretty superior to Obi and he was going to finish it-his strength in the Dark Side being too much for Ben.
I advise checking the book out, though. If you know where to get it online, you could point out if I'm wrong

Enyalus

Oh, I think I'm in love.

Marry me? Please?

Schwarzenegger

What exactly does Vader do in TFU that makes him stand out so much? I really haven't been following it much. But if anything, the OT's portait of Vader is more true to character than TFU's, it being a video game and all.

Well, being able to ragdoll an exceptionally powerful jedi, ram khota that could block attacks that were described in the ultimate visual guide as "impossible"(gideon brought this up, its somewhere in the EU section) and causually choking kota that sent a massive tie fighter facility into critical condition with one force move.

I recall him giving starkiller a very hard ass beating before ultimately crushed under two massive pillars that starkiller toppled on him, and starkiller is an incredible combatant that gave sidious an ass beating, killed hundreds of storm troopers, toppled militaty vehicles and alot more.

Vader was shown to topple massive structures on the wookie homeworld and he ragdolled starkillers father and broke his neck pretty easily.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but most of this came from the comic and novel.

But i thought lucas wanted the jedi to be portrayed that way? Like it was in the CW cartoons?

EDIT

Forgot to mention that starkiller was also an exceptional saber duelist and he couldn't really dominate or beat vader in that category.

Advent
TFU makes his Force powers look good, but I was referring to his lightsaber abilities. He's immensely powerful in the Force, I don't doubt that one iota. Definitely deadly and combat capable, nonetheless. Going by what you wrote, TFU proves that.

I don't think Starkiller can really be considered so great if he can't beat Vader in a duel. Like I said, TFU is a video game, ROTJ is the gospel.

Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
But i thought lucas wanted the jedi to be portrayed that way? Like it was in the CW cartoons?

In a lot of interviews, segments and the ANH commentary, he seems to put down most of the the OT characters. In the Prime of the Jedi interview (or at least, the segment where he mentions the PT being the Prime of the Jedi), he flat out calls Vader, Kenobi, etc. "not real Jedi".

And he pretty much has acknowledged that Vader isn't very capable against truly great duelists. He could probably beat half of the Jedi and Sith ever to exist, yes. But against the notable ones? Not so much.

NonSensi-Klown
"Hard ass beating"? Hardly. They were evenly matched with lightsabers, at least (Starkiller sliced his respiratory system in half, essentially.) then Gavin got pissed and collapsed the pillars over him.

Every time vader won the fights it was when he took him by surprise or when Gavin was a kid... the only time that they fought 1 on 1 fairly Gavin wrecked him...

SIDIOUS 66
For Yoda and Obi Wan to consider Vader to be very powerful means something. Lucas kinda contradicted himself when he said Vader and Obi wan's slow movements were caused by old age(Obi Wan) and being mostly machine(Vader), because in ESB he did not fight as slow.

Enyalus
Also, calling Rahm Kota an 'exceptionally powerful Jedi' is like calling me God.

As in, it's only accurate if you are black or high (or probably both).

I've been told I look like Jesus. Numerous times.

Advent
People, I never said that Vader wasn't powerful! He is, but I'm sure Obi-Wan and Yoda would tool him with a saber in their respective primes.

Enyalus
People, I never said that Vader wasn't powerful! He is, but I'm sure Obi-Wan and Yoda would tool him with a saber in their respective primes.

And by the transitive property, Revan. wink

NonSensi-Klown

**** the win?

There was a little Earthquake here a couple minutes ago. My dog freaked out and bit my leg. Just thought you should know that.

Anyone who says otherwise is a foo'mo. laughing out loud

SIDIOUS 66

What is that suppose to mean?

NonSensi-Klown
HE MEANS HE NEVAH SHOULDA GAVE YA'LL NIGGAS MONEY!

Schwarzenegger
Also, calling Rahm Kota an 'exceptionally powerful Jedi' is like calling me God.

I've been told I look like Jesus. Numerous times. LOL so your saying your black?

SIDIOUS 66
Im black...

Schwarzenegger
"Hard ass beating"? Hardly. They were evenly matched with lightsabers, at least (Starkiller sliced his respiratory system in half, essentially.) then Gavin got pissed and collapsed the pillars over him.
Evenly matched? Have you read what gideon typed? That vader nearly throttled starkiller to death in a saber duel and a force fight?

Schwarzenegger

As in, it's only accurate if you are black or high (or probably both). The thing is ram IS powerful, how many jedi or sith had the capabilities to crush an entire tie fighter facility with relative ease as well as block attacks that were described by the ultimate visual guide to be impossible to defend against?

By the way, you ARE god.. but only in your imagination and fantasies wink

I've been told I look like Jesus. Numerous times. That is because your a hippie and always walking around wearing robes messed

Master Crimzon
So, black is the new Chuck Norris?

I gotta keep up to date. Damn.

Fan Skywalker
well to vader's credit he did embarrass aurra (he was taping her i believe) in coruscant night 2

Faunus
The thing is ram IS powerful, how many jedi or sith had the capabilities to crush an entire tie fighter facility with relative easeI watched the cutscene on Youtube. He breaks off a relatively small piece of the facility, and with a lot of effort.

"Nearly" impossible, and coming from someone who is a relative neophyte with it when compared to some of its other practitioners.

Enyalus
The thing is ram IS powerful, how many jedi or sith had the capabilities to crush an entire tie fighter facility with relative ease as well as block attacks that were described by the ultimate visual guide to be impossible to defend against?

By the way, you ARE god.. but only in your imagination and fantasies wink

The game developers have said that TFU purposely exaggerates Force powers to make for a more "epic" game play experience. So that kinda feat really doesn't do much for me. Fact is that Kota was a secondary general in the Clone Wars who wasn't powerful enough to make it on the Council.

That is because your a hippie and always walking around wearing robes messed

Haha. Naw. I've got really long brown hair though, and the beard and mustache to go with it. And like I said, it's only black people who say I look like him.

Secret's out. I am, in fact, the Almighty. Lightsnake has a shrine to me in his closet.

SIDIOUS 66
Do you have an obsession with black people?

NonSensi-Klown
I think the real question is, are black people obsessed with him?

SIDIOUS 66
I think the real question is, are black people obsessed with him?

Seriously doubt it. As far as the majority of blacks are concerned, he does not even exist lol.

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by Faunus
I watched the cutscene on Youtube. He breaks off a relatively small piece of the facility, and with a lot of effort. Then why does the comic depicted him doing it rather easily and to the entire facility?

"Nearly" impossible, and coming from someone who is a relative neophyte with it when compared to some of its other practitioners. Galen a neophyte?

The game developers have said that TFU purposely exaggerates Force powers to make for a more "epic" game play experience. So that kinda feat really doesn't do much for me. Fact is that Kota was a secondary general in the Clone Wars who wasn't powerful enough to make it on the Council.

Actually lucas stated he wanted the jedi to be portrayed that way(he said it regarding the CW cartoons).

Haha. Naw. I've got really long brown hair though, and the beard and mustache to go with it. And like I said, it's only black people who say I look like him. Hmm now all you need is someone to nail you onto a cross, i can though big grin

Secret's out. I am, in fact, the Almighty. Lightsnake has a shrine to me in his closet. O.o, does he wank off at your shrine?

MasterAshenVor
O.o im loveing this.

Advent
Actually lucas stated he wanted the jedi to be portrayed that way(he said it regarding the CW cartoons).

And Leland Chee said that the Jedi had exaggerated abilities in the CW microseries.

NonSensi-Klown
They are exaggerated. Lucas says that that's how he pictured the Jedi to really be, but that's not how they are.

Schwarzenegger
And Leland Chee said that the Jedi had exaggerated abilities in the CW microseries. So TFU and the CW cartoon feats are not canon then?

If the cartoons and TFU had exaggerated abilities in the cartoon, i guess the same can be said for dark empire sidious and the sith triumvirate.

Master Crimzon
So TFU and the CW cartoon feats are not canon then?

If the cartoons and TFU had exaggerated abilities in the cartoon, i guess the same can be said for dark empire sidious and the sith triumvirate.

As much as that would be awesome, I somehow doubt it.

And what was the exact Lucas quote? I don't think he ever actually said they weren't like that, just that the cartoons allowed him to exaggerate their abilities, like he always envisioned.

SIDIOUS 66
And Leland Chee said that the Jedi had exaggerated abilities in the CW microseries.

From what i heard Leland said that what happened in CW microseries happened, and was not exaggerated.

Advent
From what i heard Leland said that what happened in CW microseries happened, and was not exaggerated.

Has it been awhile since you've cleaned your ears out, Siddy?

Hint: Leland Chee has stated that the microseries is an aggrandizement of Jedi abilities, ergo it's not an accurate assumption to say their movie or novel counterparts can do the same.

"One other thing to keep in mind is that the target audience for the cartoons and the novels is different so they will each have a different approach to storytelling. As a result, certain action scenes and Jedi abilities sometimes will be exagerated in the cartoon..." (and yes, he did misspell "exaggerated".)

Which can be found in the EU Leadup to Revenge of the Sith topic.

Gideon
For the record, Kota doesn't go into a coma or have the shits after moving that large room from from the rest of the facility. And he does block Sith lightning casually from a ridiculously powerful "neophyte."

NonSensi-Klown

Erm, no.

LucasArts has stated that the events in the cartoon are canon. They actually happened. The powers that the characters used in said events were not. Or, rather, they were not used to such high degrees.

An example being Mace did canonically defeat an army of Droids by himself without his lightsaber. However, him jumping three blocks and two hundred feet into the air is exaggerated. The ground battle on Couracant did happen. But Yoda using the force to levitate hundreds of battle droids and maneuvering STAAPS (Or whatever they're called) is exaggerated.

SIDIOUS 66
Erm, no.

LucasArts has stated that the events in the cartoon are canon. They actually happened. The powers that the characters used in said events were not. Or, rather, they were not used to such high degrees.

An example being Mace did canonically defeat an army of Droids by himself without his lightsaber. However, him jumping three blocks and two hundred feet into the air is exaggerated. The ground battle on Couracant did happen. But Yoda using the force to levitate hundreds of battle droids and maneuvering STAAPS (Or whatever they're called) is exaggerated.

I don't think they were exagerated, because many fans were upset with Leland for saying that the powers were not exaggerated.

NonSensi-Klown
**** the fans.

SIDIOUS 66
The idea that Sylo later made videos of the Battle of Dantooine has been used by some fans to claim that the entire Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series is nothing more than an in-universe cartoon, and thus its events cannot be taken as absolute continuity but rather as a general outline of what really "happened." This theory especially gained ground with the release of Volume II and the continuity errors between it and Labyrinth of Evil. However, the theory has been discounted by Leland Chee, who maintains that everything shown in the series "happened" as depicted.

-Wookieepedia

NonSensi-Klown
**** the fans.

SIDIOUS 66
Leland Chee...

NonSensi-Klown
The reasons for Leland Chee doing what he does doesn't matter. If on Thursday he states that the events in the CW cartoon are canon, as well as the feats, then that's how it is. If on Friday he then states that he changed his mind and now the events are canon but the feats aren't... that's just how it is.

Advent
The idea that Sylo later made videos of the Battle of Dantooine has been used by some fans to claim that the entire Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series is nothing more than an in-universe cartoon, and thus its events cannot be taken as absolute continuity but rather as a general outline of what really "happened." This theory especially gained ground with the release of Volume II and the continuity errors between it and Labyrinth of Evil. However, the theory has been discounted by Leland Chee, who maintains that everything shown in the series "happened" as depicted.

-Wookieepedia

Quote, source? Wookiepedia is a shaky, unofficial fansite. Leland Chee's official words > Wookie.

SIDIOUS 66
And so far he never said he changed his mind, so there for it is still canon.

SIDIOUS 66
Quote, source? Wookiepedia is a shaky, unofficial fansite. Leland Chee's official words > Wookie.

Wookieepedia got their source from Leland. Do you think they are lying on Leland?

Advent
No, but they could be outdated or just misinformed. Which is why we need the actual quote to determine for ourselves. Do you believe everything you read?

Enyalus
No, but they could be outdated or just misinformed. Which is why we need the actual quote to determine for ourselves. Do you believe everything you read?

Iraq possesses weapons of mass destruction.

SIDIOUS 66

Leland could have also said that Dark Empire is no longer canon, so should we not considered it canon since we don't have a direct quote from Leland. We can not go by " well Leland might have changed his mind" unless we have proof he did.

Advent
LOL @ the two above posts. The latter only because Leland Chee's words are pro-exaggeration, Wookiepedia is the unofficial source claiming otherwise. You feeling alright tonight?

Enyalus
OMG! Dark Empire not canon would be my absolute wet dream come true.

NonSensi-Klown
I liked Wet Dream, actually.

SIDIOUS 66
Unless someone can come up with the source where Leland has said the CW microseries were exaggerated, then the arguement is in my favor.

Gideon
It's painfully evident that Chee's words are for the sake of continuity. Lucas himself lauded the feats performed in the television series, suggesting that had he the budget or the masturbating-tendancies of most directors -- we would see such actions depicted. This pro-Nebaris idea that the swordsmen and Force sensitives of the prequel trilogy are limited to somewhat fast movement and extremely impotent Force powers is the very definition of stupid.

Jbill311
Iraq possesses weapons of mass destruction.

LMAO

Enyalus
Originally posted by Gideon
This pro-Nebaris idea that the swordsmen and Force sensitives of the prequel trilogy are limited to somewhat fast movement and extremely impotent Force powers is the very definition of stupid.

I'm not positive if this was directed at anyone in particular, but I'd like to say that I never base my opinions off of the CGI skills in the movies. Which is part of the reason I said ROTJ Luke beats ROTS Dooku in sabers. wink

Just wanna make that clear.

Lightsnake
Wookieepedia is honestly VERY accurate...they really do put a good deal of effort into monitoring things

Advent
Unless someone can come up with the source where Leland has said the CW microseries were exaggerated, then the arguement is in my favor.

Siddy, did you read my post? Here's the quote:

"One other thing to keep in mind is that the target audience for the cartoons and the novels is different so they will each have a different approach to storytelling. As a result, certain action scenes and Jedi abilities sometimes will be exagerated in the cartoon..." (and yes, he did misspell "exaggerated".)

Which can be found in the EU Leadup to Revenge of the Sith topic on the official site's forum.

Gideon
Trust me, if I had a particular complaint with you or your theories, I wouldn't leave it up to ambiguity or subtle hints; I'd call you an idiot by name.

Unless it's Advent. In which case, well, I hide behind Lightsnake.

Enyalus
Trust me, if I had a particular complaint with you or your theories, I wouldn't leave it up to ambiguity or subtle hints; I'd call you an idiot by name.

Ha. Yes, yes, that sounds like you.

NonSensi-Klown

Unless it's Advent. In which case, well, I hide behind Lightsnake.

What would Lightsnake do against such rage?

I suppose he could act as a meatshield for the precious few seconds you need to get in the escape shuttle before he is impaled by a hand full of blue electric chakra...

Enyalus
What would Lightsnake do against such rage?

I suppose he could act as a meatshield for the precious few seconds you need to get in the escape shuttle before he is impaled by a hand full of blue electric chakra...

Chakra...as in the Indian metaphysical points on the body?

Gideon
Correct.

Though, she wouldn't need to use weapons. Her hands would suffice. Believe me, she can do many wondrous and frightening things with her hands...

NonSensi-Klown
Chakra...as in the Indian metaphysical points on the body?

No, as in this shit. And, speak of the devil, using her hands...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/227/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/228/10-11/

Bye bye, Lightsnake.

Enyalus
No, as in this shit. And, speak of the devil, using her hands...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/227/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/228/10-11/

Bye bye, Lightsnake.

Ugh. I'm disgusted. Screw Naruto and anyone who references it. stick out tongue

NonSensi-Klown
Naruto is way too awesome for words. As long as you don't watch that 4kids shit.

Enyalus
Naruto is way too awesome for words. As long as you don't watch that 4kids shit.

Your opinion has no weight, you black Mexican. You need to watch those ninja shows to learn how to steal properly. Don't think I don't know what black and Mexican people are good at.

Advent
Yu-Gi-Oh! is better. You have to be cool to watch it.

Enyalus

Or under 9 years of age. You pedophile.

Faunus
Your opinion has no weight, you black Mexican. You need to watch those ninja shows to learn how to steal properly. Don't think I don't know what black and Mexican people are good at. Mowing lawns and picking cotton?

So a blaxican would be like, the ultimate laborer. *creates slave army*

NonSensi-Klown

oh... Advent. Oh, oh Advent.

Yu-Gi-Oh was cool until after the Pegasus duelist kingdom arc. It turned gay once the god cards came into play.

NonSensi-Klown
Mowing lawns and picking cotton?

I'm sick of you people. sad

Advent
oh... Advent. Oh, oh Advent.

Yu-Gi-Oh was cool until after the Pegasus duelist kingdom arc. It turned gay once the god cards came into play.

Lightsnake introduced me to the Abridged Series awhile back, those were totally awesome. And not just in America.

NonSensi-Klown
I LOOOOOOOVEEEE the Abridged Series. I almost fell over laughing when I watched the first few episodes.

Fan Skywalker
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Wookieepedia is honestly VERY accurate...they really do put a good deal of effort into monitoring things

i actually agree embarrasment

SIDIOUS 66
Mowing lawns and picking cotton?

I hope you don't go around saying stupid shit like that in person, because where im from you would have got your teeth knocked out. So please stop saying stupid shit like that. You are probably the best cotton picker there is.

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
As much as that would be awesome, I somehow doubt it.

If chucking pillars and smashing an entire tie facility is "exaggerated", its funny that lifting a capital ship , force pwning an entire world and destroying entire starfleets with the fabrics of space and time isn't.

How ironic. Sigh but whats canon is canon.

@SIDIOUS 66
Just chill man, i understand how it frustrates you but if it really gets on your nerves.. theres the ignore button man or just PM me if you want to vent out.

SIDIOUS 66
Siddy, did you read my post? Here's the quote:

Which can be found in the EU Leadup to Revenge of the Sith topic on the official site's forum.

You did not give a direct quote from Leland. You gave me a quote from a discussion page of an official site. That person could have been stating their own opinion.

SIDIOUS 66
If chucking pillars and smashing an entire tie facility is "exaggerated", its funny that lifting a capital ship , force pwning an entire world and destroying entire starfleets with the fabrics of space and time isn't.

@SIDIOUS 66
Just chill man, i understand how it frustrates you but if it really gets on your nerves.. theres the ignore button man or just PM me if you want to vent out.

Im usually a very calm person, who can usually ignore things, but what he said is very racial, and should not be aloud on sites like this. You never know there might be blacks and mexicans on this site.

Tangible God
Im usually a very calm person, who can usually ignore things, but what he said is very racial, and should not be aloud on sites like this. You never know there might be blacks and mexicans on this site. There are, I'm of the former. It don't bug me none.

SIDIOUS 66
Well i am half black, and also have a tiny bit of mexican in me. Maybe it should not bother me either, but for some reason it hit me the wrong way when i read it. A small joke about how some black people can act is alright, but when you start making a joke about the things they had to go through in slavery days is a bit harsh.

Schwarzenegger
Im usually a very calm person, who can usually ignore things, but what he said is very racial, and should not be aloud on sites like this. You never know there might be blacks and mexicans on this site. I understand smile

Master Crimzon

I completely understand, and I hate planet-eating shit. But what can we do? There's nothing to claim that these feats are exaggerated or non-canonical. Sad.

Schwarzenegger
I completely understand, and I hate planet-eating shit. But what can we do? There's nothing to claim that these feats are exaggerated or non-canonical. Sad. Yea very sad indeed. Now star wars has their own version of "Galactus".

Hell and i always thought galen was overpowered, now that i actually look back at kotor II, i am dead wrong.

BTW what did you think of the DS ending in TFU?

Master Crimzon
Yea very sad indeed. Now star wars has their own version of "Galactus".

Hell and i always thought galen was overpowered, now that i actually look back at kotor II, i am dead wrong.

BTW what did you think of the DS ending in TFU?

Yeah. The difference is, Galactus is more of an entity/force of nature/god than a human being. That's the difference. He may be lame, but at least he makes sense...

Galen isn't overpowered. As 'meh' as the reviews for TFU may be, the gameplay videos make me drool for this game, even if it is a higher-tech, deeper version of the RotS game. Yeah, it looks f*cking amazing.

And the Dark Side ending seems AWEEEESSSSOOMMMEEE. It's a shame I don't have the money, the 360, or the resources to get my hands on a copy of TFU in the near future.

Enyalus
Yeah. The difference is, Galactus is more of an entity/force of nature/god than a human being. That's the difference. He may be lame, but at least he makes sense...

Galen isn't overpowered. As 'meh' as the reviews for TFU may be, the gameplay videos make me drool for this game, even if it is a higher-tech, deeper version of the RotS game. Yeah, it looks f*cking amazing.

And the Dark Side ending seems AWEEEESSSSOOMMMEEE. It's a shame I don't have the money, the 360, or the resources to get my hands on a copy of TFU in the near future.

Galen not overpowered? Pfft.

Anyway, was it stated that the gameplay is going to be more like the ROTS game? 'Cause if so - I don't care how good it looks - it would suck. ROTS video game sucked horribly. It took, what, 30 strikes with a freakin' lightsaber to kill Count effing Dooku. BS.

Master Crimzon
The RotS game was alright. Not GREAT, but certainly alright. I can handle hack n' slash.

Still, from what I've read on some guides (such as IGN), is that powerful lightsaber wielders will be capable of halving your health with one blow. The lightsaber combat system is fairly simplistic; no advanced combos, but the point of this game is to fuse saber attacks with force moves, which are supposed to be FREAKIN' AWESOME to use. Gameplay looks fantastic. I've heard that the story is great, too...

Actually, you know what? I think it's more similar to Jedi Knight than the RotS game. I don't know why. It just seems that way.

Anyways, so far, readers seem to give it much higher reviews than critics. Seem.

Enyalus
The RotS game was alright. Not GREAT, but certainly alright. I can handle hack n' slash.

Still, from what I've read on some guides (such as IGN), is that powerful lightsaber wielders will be capable of halving your health with one blow. The lightsaber combat system is fairly simplistic; no advanced combos, but the point of this game is to fuse saber attacks with force moves, which are supposed to be FREAKIN' AWESOME to use. Gameplay looks fantastic. I've heard that the story is great, too...

Actually, you know what? I think it's more similar to Jedi Knight than the RotS game. I don't know why. It just seems that way.

Anyways, so far, readers seem to give it much higher reviews than critics. Seem.

You can handle 6-8 slashes to kill some droids? Ugh. That crap made me sick. JA and JO were great, though. Hopefully its like that.

Master Crimzon
You can handle 6-8 slashes to kill some droids? Ugh. That crap made me sick. JA and JO were great, though. Hopefully its like that.

The emphasis is more on the force powers, anyway. They look badass.

Please tell me how the game is when you get it. I won't be able to get my hands on it in a long, long time. sad

Enyalus
The emphasis is more on the force powers, anyway. They look badass.

Please tell me how the game is when you get it. I won't be able to get my hands on it in a long, long time. sad

I don't have a 360. stick out tongue I mean, they have a PS2 version, but I probably won't bother with that. My cousin has the 360 though, so I might check it out over there. If I do, I'll let you know. stick out tongue

Master Crimzon
I don't have a 360. stick out tongue I mean, they have a PS2 version, but I probably won't bother with that. My cousin has the 360 though, so I might check it out over there. If I do, I'll let you know. stick out tongue

Awesomeness.

Yeah, I got a PS2, too, but lemme tell you a story. See, I'm a foreigner (guess what country? I'll give you a cookie if you get it right), but I had to live up in the States for a couple o' years. That's why I am able to speak passable English ( stick out tongue ). In any case, I moved back, and the games here don't work on a US-issue Playstation 2...

Yeah, it sucks.

Enyalus
Awesomeness.

Yeah, I got a PS2, too, but lemme tell you a story. See, I'm a foreigner (guess what country? I'll give you a cookie if you get it right), but I had to live up in the States for a couple o' years. That's why I am able to speak passable English ( stick out tongue ). In any case, I moved back, and the games here don't work on a US-issue Playstation 2...

Yeah, it sucks.

Well, US issue PS2s and UK issue PS2s are the same, plus English would be your first langauge anyway. And Japan is the only other country I know of offhand that makes particularly different versions of PS2s...So, you're Japanese?

Master Crimzon
Well, US issue PS2s and UK issue PS2s are the same, plus English would be your first langauge anyway. And Japan is the only other country I know of offhand that makes particularly different versions of PS2s...So, you're Japanese?

No. Nice try.

It would be awesome if I was, though. Japan effin' rules.

Faunus
I hope you don't go around saying stupid shit like that in person, because where im from you would have got your teeth knocked out.Then people living where you're from must have no sense of humor. Calm down.

My best friend, who I've known for seven years, is half-black. We say things like this between eachother all the time, and I have probably the single most diverse ring of friends I know, which is why - with discretion - I'm so comfortable saying them.

Again, calm down. It's a joke, directed at someone I've known for years and who understands it's a joke. I'm sorry for offending you, because that clearly wasn't my intent, but no one else here flips out at humorous racial comments.

Uh, good one?

As stupid as that last attempt at an insult was, I apologize for offending you.

SIDIOUS 66
Well if i knew you had a lot of black friends it would not have offended me. The thing is people who do not know you do not know if you are prejudice or not. If you walked in front of a crowd of black people and started saying things like that, most likely they will get mad, since they would not know you personally. If they did know you personally they most likely would not get affended, because they would know that you are not prejudice.

... But anyways, thanks a lot for apologizing.

SIDIOUS 66
I had a relative that was nearly beaten to death by a group of skin heads. So a lot of times when i hear racial comments the image of how bad my cousin looked after he was jumped automatically pops in my head. So when i hear people make racial comments, it makes me wonder if they are one of the ones who has ever jumped someone because of their race. But since i believe what you said, about you having a close black friend, im am not offended like i was.

Faunus
Oh, well you can be sure I don't go around calling black people cotton-pickers and announcing my (non-existent) prejudice like some sort of unstoppable idiot, and I definitely don't kid around like that in front of parents or in real public places. That's a great way to make some enemies and get your teeth pounded in.

In fact, in the summer between ninth and tenth grade, this kid dissed on someone else's hispanic girlfriend - being racially offensive even though he liked her - and later ended up stabbing him the guy stomach with a garden tool. Much earlier, he'd also randomly called me a stupid Muslim (despite the fact that I'm neither Muslim nor Arab) and when I mockingly called him (of Austrian/German descent) a stupid Nazi, he flipped out. That was my first tase of ethnicity-based hypocrisy, and when I was twelve, so... yeah. I have very little tolerance for people of real prejudice, and take it as a strange mark of pride that people of pretty much every race, religion, and culture can feel comfortable with me making fun of them.

Yar.

Elite Hunter
No. Nice try.

It would be awesome if I was, though. Japan effin' rules.

You better not be French. stick out tongue

Schwarzenegger

Hell yea TFU's dark side ending > kotor and kotor 2's DS ending by a long shot (IMO).

If only starkiller with his vader 2.0 suit formed a tag team with darth vader, now THAT is awesomeness.

But i am extremely pissed at lucasarts for giving a pathetic lameass excuse as to why they are not making it a PC version. Trust me, the "reason" is going to shake the balls off your sack.

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
You better not be French. stick out tongue I know i'm half french and half thai smile

But i still make alot of corny french jokes though.

Elite Hunter
I know i'm half french and half thai smile

But i still make alot of corny french jokes though.

My old man lived there for 3 years and it pisses me off when he speaks in French just to annoy me.

Enyalus
Schwarz, are you fluent in French? I'm taking French III after a 3 year layoff from French II, and wouldn't mind some extra practice.

Schwarzenegger
Sorry >< never spoke one word of french before, that happened because i live in asia.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.