Ghostbusters 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Yes after all these years in development hell something actually happening with it

ragesRemorse
I think the original idea of doing an animated film is the way to go but as long as the main focus is on the original four characters i will be happy with whatever comes of this. As long as it is better than Ghostbusters 2, of course smile.

Kazenji
I must one person(probally a few others) that actually liked the second one

Dataflux
I liked the second one myself, but not as much as the first one.

I wonder if they're going to pull a Star Trek XI, hire younger actors. After all, there's a lot of ageism in Hollywood these days.

But I'd still see the film anyhoo,

Wolfie
I think this will be forgotten about again. That's the reason the video game was made, because only Aykroyd and Ramis were on board for a third movie. It's surprising to me that Murray jumped on board because before the video game, he gave a firm no, which lead the studio into considering Ben Stiller as the lead.

Ramis looks COMPLETELY different since Ghostbusters. I didn't even know he was in Orange County until I read the credits.

They're all too old/out of shape to do it now. If this was announced a couple years after Ghostbusters 2, I'd be all for it.

And I liked Ghostbusters 2 as well.

ragesRemorse
I agree. As much as i would love to see this movie. I think it will only work if they do, indeed, bring Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg onboard. Having the original cast teaching a new breed of Ghostbusters seems like a good idea to me. Having the movie focus entirely around the original cast is just ridiculous though.

junior_chase25
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yes after all these years in development hell something actually happening with it welli think it would be cool that the third
movie will be great. big grin

Wolfie
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I agree. As much as i would love to see this movie. I think it will only work if they do, indeed, bring Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg onboard. Having the original cast teaching a new breed of Ghostbusters seems like a good idea to me. Having the movie focus entirely around the original cast is just ridiculous though.
But has passing the torch ever worked in Hollywood? It'd be like Shia LaBeouf taking the lead in Indiana Jones 5.

ragesRemorse
I agree that it would be hard to pull off but with Akroyd and Ramis directly involved in the writing as well, i think a story revolving around, "passing the torch", would have great potential. Whether or not they would make a ghostbusters 4 with the new cast shouldn't be any concern for this story. The formula of the Ghostbusters is humor and sci-fi with humor being the main ingredient. as long you find the right cast who knows how to do subtle humor, i think it would be a relatively smooth and acceptable transition.

Phat_Crabs
Gustboaster waz like ona my favrit moveis, yo, but prt 3 no tankz!

Kazenji
I wonder if the group will be able to get Rick Moranis out of retirement even tho he's said he's retired from acting.

Impediment
The soon to be released Ghostbusters video game, for all intensive purposes, is said to be the closest thing to a Ghostbusters 3. All of the original actors will return to lend their voices to the game, except for Rick Moranis who declined to come out of retirement.

ragesRemorse
does anyone really care about Rick Moranis anyway? Maybe i'm one of the few people that is glad he retired but when i think Ghostbusters, Rick Moranis is one of the furthest things from my mind.

Raoul
Originally posted by Impediment
The soon to be released Ghostbusters video game, for all intensive purposes, is said to be the closest thing to a Ghostbusters 3. All of the original actors will return to lend their voices to the game, except for Rick Moranis who declined to come out of retirement.

i thought he was dead...

BruceSkywalker
I loved the first Ghostbusters, the second one not so much..

Why they are waiting such a long time could certainly dereail any chance of success

Doctor-Alvis
I liked Rick Moranis.
"My guys are still under a judicial mistrangement order... that blue thing I got from her!"

In fact, I liked all the cast.

Kazenji

Wolfie
I'll cross my fingers that this doesn't happen.

Kazenji
Why ?

coolmovies
They should leave it at 2

Kazenji
Still no one has'nt answered the question........

Impediment
What question?

Kazenji
Well everyone is against the sequel and all i ask is why??

They seem to be doing their best to make sure it does'nt fail such as getting everyone back for it.

Kazenji

CATMANEXE
its not happening. video game only. dont beleive the internet.

and man, have you seen Akroid lately? Murray? Weaver?
this would be a horrible idea live action.

jinXed by JaNx
yeah, a new breed would cool though. Just makes sure you buy this game and tell all of your friends to buy this game. That way the story can live on and on and on and on whilst you get to play apart of it wink

Kazenji
Originally posted by CATMANEXE
its not happening. video game only. dont beleive the internet.

Yeah and wheres your proof ?

Neo Darkhalen
There is a Ghostbusters 3, it's called Ghostbusters the video game and it comes out sometime this year, that's it no film no animation, it's a game and it's shaping up to be a real good one!

Kazenji
There is so a film coming along with also the game......

Neo Darkhalen
There is so a film coming along with also the game......

There's not, simple as.

Kazenji
and wheres your proof?

because theres news about writers for the Office (US version) is writing the movie script and Bill Murry is up for a third movie.

Neo Darkhalen
and wheres your proof?

because theres news about writers for the Office (US version) is writing the movie script and Bill Murry is up for a third movie.

Proof.

It's called Ghostbusters: the video game!

Kazenji
Yeah great proof......clap

nothing about writers from the Office tv show wrote the script for the game.

TwilightxGirl
If they am making a new movie to this I very much doubt they would use the old cast from the previous films they probably just have a complete new cast for it.

CATMANEXE
Yeah great proof......clap

nothing about writers from the Office tv show wrote the script for the game.

no. they wrote the script for the movie and it got shot down. Murray wouldnt even get involved. Akroid and Ramis took it to a game format and it was accepted. they worked on it from they with the game designers. thats what happened to the movie.

Red Superfly
Ghostbusters: the Video Game is Ghostbusters 3.

TwilightxGirl
So is it only going to be realeased as a game then ?

jinXed by JaNx
No, i think the movie is due out at the end of the year. I heard it's already finished.

Kazenji
Originally posted by CATMANEXE
no. they wrote the script for the movie and it got shot down. Murray wouldnt even get involved. Akroid and Ramis took it to a game format and it was accepted. they worked on it from they with the game designers. thats what happened to the movie.

Oh well whats this then

definitely a movie coming and also the game roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lets hope its a good sequal compared to Mr Lucas's 20 to 30 year wait for his franchises which were bit of a let down for some.

CATMANEXE
nice "excerpt" you forgot to quote the part that it was shot down and not green lighted, the cast refused to do it other than Dan, no filming or production has been approved. all you quoted was what the script was about that was mentioned earlier and the ideas Dan had for it. give it up already. what are you a seven year old?

Kazenji
When was it shot down this rumour ?

Kazenji
Some more news

Link !!!

Kazenji
Harold Ramis Talks In-Depth About Ghostbusters 3

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57001

jinXed by JaNx
After watching that interview i'm very confident. I always liked how Harold Ramis was a very candid guy. The fact that he recognized that Indiana Jones 4 is how to NOT make an anticipated sequel, gives me high hopes lol Thanks for sharing that.

Stargeek27
I loved the first two ghostbusters movies and now I'm really excited they are doing a third one with the origional cast. Does anybody know when Ghostbusters come out?

marryroy
Ghostbusters is a supernatural comedy film franchise created in 1984. The two films center around a group of eccentric New York City parapsychologists who investigate and capture ghosts for a living. The first film, Ghostbusters, was released on June 8, 1984 by Columbia Pictures. It became a pop culture phenomenon, leading to two sequels (one in development), three animated television series, a novelization, a comic-book series, video games, action figures, a theme park attraction, and other merchandise.

Kazenji
I think we all know that Marryroy......

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61915

Impediment
I never thought it would happen, but Ghostbusters 3 is official.

I figured that Hollywood would just reboot the franchise with new actors.

To be honest, I can 100% envision Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory) as Dr. Egon Spengler.

I can kinda picture Seth Rogen as the wise cracking assh*le Dr. Peter Venkman.

I really can't come up with any ideas as to who would portray a modern day Dr. Raymond Stantz or Winston Zedmore.

Anyway, I am a lifelong Ghostbuster fan, and I cannot wait to see how this goes!

Kazenji
Lets hope they do a good job of it

and also get Ray Parker jnr back to do the theme.

Myth
Originally posted by Impediment

I really can't come up with any ideas as to who would portray a modern day Dr. Raymond Stantz or Winston Zedmore.

Ray would have to be Bill Hader.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62369

jinXed by JaNx
Ben stiller as EGON, Seth Rogan as Peter. Robert Downey Jr as Ray and Don Cheadle as Winston. NOW that is the perfect mother ****in cast. Call me when this shit happens and i'll join the peace corps and never say another bad word again.

Kazenji
So it looks like Peter Venkman will be killed off in Ghostbusters 3

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63109

Myth
I want them to bring Rick Maranis out of retirement.

jinXed by JaNx
The idea of having Venkman becoming a ghost sounds a bit to unconventional. I only say this because that will have to be a major aspect of the story and i think keeping the story as simple as possible would be the best thing for a new script.

As a huge Ghostbusters fan the last thing i want to see in a new movie is the old crew running around with proton packs. It's just far to silly, given their age. I think it would be wise to just have Egon and Ray training a new team. Murray would only have to have a cameo. I have faith in Ramis though, i'm just a little nervous to see how the story will unfold with, Venkman being a ghost.

Impediment
Rick Moranis won't come out of retirement. I don't need a Magic 8 Ball to see this.

Bill as a ghost? Wow. All I can say is that Aykroyd and Ramis had better write a damn good script to cover this.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64359

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.