Who can beat Spectre??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
Spectre

VS

any superhero/supervillain

Aster Phoenix
Diamond Armored Eclipso came close, he actually cut open The Spectre without the spear of destiny.

vansonbee
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Spectre

VS

any superhero/supervillain
pre retcon beyonder youpi

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by vansonbee
pre retcon beyonder youpi
I wouldn't put Beyonder in the 'superhero/supervillain' category.
He more of an 'abstract/cosmic' character than a 'supervillain'.

vansonbee

What about Spectre with God power? so fore* abstact as well

quanchi112
Pretcon Beyonder,pretcon MM,Lt,Scathan,Mxy,any ig user,Michael,Lucy,Geb,Abraxas,classic Am,Galactus, just to name some off the top of my head.

Sup3rman1521
Originally posted by quanchi112
Pretcon Beyonder,pretcon MM,Lt,Scathan,Mxy,any ig user,Michael,Lucy,Geb,Abraxas,classic Am,Galactus, just to name some off the top of my head.

Most of what you, quanchi, named are applied under occultdestroyer's post.

tsscls
Spectre as he should be written? No one. Spectre as he is written? Punisher with any random mystical trinket.

Dark-Jaxx
Sammy the Squid Boy.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Sammy the Squid Boy.

Who is not a squid. This is proof Morisson is off his nut. The kid was a fish, not a squid.

As to the question.

If he's weak enough, I think Raven's Soulself could lay some hurt on him.

Zarathos couldn't kill him, but he would probably be able to make him hurt allot.

If Mordru and Nabu teamed up they could so some serious damage.

tsscls
I should elaborate a bit more. Spectre is supposed to be God's vengeance. The God.
Being God's vengeance, he is given his missions by God. He should never fail or be beaten, because God is omnipotent and omniscient. The only thing he should be able to lose to is God, but given his all-knowing, all-seeing nature, he would never position Spectre to come into conflict with Himself. The same should logically apply to God's other servants. Spectre should not come into conflict with them because they are also God's servants, and they all work to forward his agenda. He should probably not have his own series, and should be used as a deus ex machina only in major events.

tsscls
Originally posted by tsscls
I should elaborate a bit more. Spectre is supposed to be God's vengeance. The God.
Being God's vengeance, he is given his missions by God. He should never fail or be beaten, because God is omnipotent and omniscient. The only thing he should be able to lose to is God, but given his all-knowing, all-seeing nature, he would never position Spectre to come into conflict with Himself. The same should logically apply to God's other servants. Spectre should not come into conflict with them because they are also God's servants, and they all work to forward his agenda. He should probably not have his own series, and should be used as a deus ex machina only in major events.

Yeah, and Sammy the Squid boy. And Ambush bug. Sorry.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by tsscls

Did you read countdown to mystery?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Who is not a squid. This is proof Morisson is off his nut. The kid was a fish, not a squid.

As to the question.

If he's weak enough, I think Raven's Soulself could lay some hurt on him.

Zarathos couldn't kill him, but he would probably be able to make him hurt allot.

If Mordru and Nabu teamed up they could so some serious damage.

Even the hostless Spectre from DOV would solo everyone you named.

Spectre will not lose to anything lower than the IG itself, and maybe not even that. If god's backing him, he can't lose. The only question is, how far does God want Spectre to go? If God isn't holding him back, he won't stop until he wins.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Even the hostless Spectre from DOV would solo everyone you named.

Spectre will not lose to anything lower than the IG itself, and maybe not even that. If god's backing him, he can't lose. The only question is, how far does God want Spectre to go? If God isn't holding him back, he won't stop until he wins.

Diamond Armored Eclipso was his equal at least if not more.

TricksterPriest
And how is that a low showing? Eclipso used to BE the Spectre.

tsscls
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Did you read countdown to mystery?
Yes, I was stating how I felt the character should logically be portrayed, given his origion and powers, not how he is portrayed which was reflected by my first post.

Aster Phoenix
And how is that a low showing? Eclipso used to BE the Spectre.

I didn't say it was a low showing just that someone below God could beat him.

TricksterPriest
Fair point. But considering how easily even a hostless Spectre has rampaged through abstracts, it would take a massive amount of power to do it. Especially considering Spectre can jack just about anything for more power.

OneDumbG0
Fair point. But considering how easily even a hostless Spectre has rampaged through abstracts, it would take a massive amount of power to do it. Especially considering Spectre can jack just about anything for more power. As far as I can remember, Spectre only jacks magic for more power.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
As far as I can remember, Spectre only jacks magic for more power.

laughing out loud Read over that statement again and really think about how you worded that.

Knowsbleed33
Libra.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Libra.
Oh yea...
I forgot about him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.