NJO Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Bane & Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sup3rman1521
Lightsabers only. Which side takes it?

SIDIOUS 66
Definately Sidious and Bane. Maybe Luke did become more powerful than Sidious, but not by a whole lot.

Enyalus
Team.

Tangible God
Luke's a demi-God in the Force, but he doesn't kickass as much with just sabers.

Elite Hunter
Team 2, by themselves the two can rival Luke in sabers but together Luke has no chance of winning.

Mizukage Yoda
Luke gets KOd by the team. But just curious which sids is this?

Tangible God
Probably DE.

Master Crimzon
DE Sidious and RoT Bane vs. Luke in effin' lightsaber combat?

Yeah. Luke bites the big one.

Tangible God
Hell, that'd be quite a battle for Luke even with his Force powers against their's. But leave him with only a saber, he's boned.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Tangible God
Hell, that'd be quite a battle for Luke even with his Force powers against their's. But leave him with only a saber, he's boned.

Yeah. With the force, he does have a hope of taking them out (KO Bane with Emerald lightning), but without it, he's friggin' screwed.

Oh, wait, it's NJO Luke. That means he's screwed even if force powers are involved.

Enyalus
Meh. I think Bane could handle Emerald Lightning with a combined might of his saber and Force shields. Plus, Emerald Lightning isn't a Dark Side fueled ability, meaning it would not overload the orbalisks' feeding abilities as Bane's own lightning did. That's important to note.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Enyalus
Meh. I think Bane could handle Emerald Lightning with a combined might of his saber and Force shields. Plus, Emerald Lightning isn't a Dark Side fueled ability, meaning it would not overload the orbalisks' feeding abilities as Bane's own lightning did. That's important to note.

Eh? As far as I know, the lightning was simply the orbalisks' vulnerability. Nothing very complex. A quote would be nice, to enlighten myself.

Yeah, though, NJO Luke can't win even with the force. LotF Luke may, may, may be able to pull off a victory if the force is involved.

Enyalus
"Instead of arcing across the room to destroy the one-armed Jedi, the lightning that flew from Bane's fingers reflected off the inside of the shimmering blue globe encasing him. The bolts ricocheted around wildly inside the globe, creating a storm of energy so intense that Zannah had to shield her eyes and look away. She heard Bane's scream rising above the sharp crackle of electricity, and when she looked back she saw the globe vanish and her Master fall to the ground in a charred and smoking heap."

"Somehow the Jedi's barrier had trapped Bane inside the center of the dark side storm. The electricity had enveloped him, millions of volts arcing through his body, cooking his flesh from the inside and throwing his muscles into an endless series of violent seizures that threatened to rip his body apart.

The energy had coursed through the orbalisks embedded in his skin, too. The creatures absorbed the power, hungrily devouring it until they became so engorged that the soft, pliant flesh of their underbellies had began to swell. Squeezed ever tighter against the unyielding chitin of their own exterior shells, they'd begun to burrow deeper into Bane. He remembered screaming as thousands of tiny teeth started sawing away at subcutaneous tissue, chewing through muscles, tendons, and even bone."

Ta da.

Also, electricity is the orbalisks weakness. That does not mean that orbalisks are weak to electricity. Two different meanings.

Master Crimzon
"Instead of arcing across the room to destroy the one-armed Jedi, the lightning that flew from Bane's fingers reflected off the inside of the shimmering blue globe encasing him. The bolts ricocheted around wildly inside the globe, creating a storm of energy so intense that Zannah had to shield her eyes and look away. She heard Bane's scream rising above the sharp crackle of electricity, and when she looked back she saw the globe vanish and her Master fall to the ground in a charred and smoking heap."

"Somehow the Jedi's barrier had trapped Bane inside the center of the dark side storm. The electricity had enveloped him, millions of volts arcing through his body, cooking his flesh from the inside and throwing his muscles into an endless series of violent seizures that threatened to rip his body apart.

The energy had coursed through the orbalisks embedded in his skin, too. The creatures absorbed the power, hungrily devouring it until they became so engorged that the soft, pliant flesh of their underbellies had began to swell. Squeezed ever tighter against the unyielding chitin of their own exterior shells, they'd begun to burrow deeper into Bane. He remembered screaming as thousands of tiny teeth started sawing away at subcutaneous tissue, chewing through muscles, tendons, and even bone."

Ta da.

Also, electricity is the orbalisks weakness. That does not mean that orbalisks are weak to electricity. Two different meanings.

Heh? According to this quote, the orbalisks were simply overwhelmed by the force of Bane's lightning.

And yeah, if electricity is the orbalisk's weakness, it means that electricity is highly effective against the orbalisks, meaning that they are weak to it. Yeah.

I believe Luke's Emerald Lightning is teh uberz, but the combined force of Sidious' and Bane's abilities should overwhelm him.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Heh? According to this quote, the orbalisks were simply overwhelmed by the force of Bane's lightning.

And yeah, if electricity is the orbalisk's weakness, it means that electricity is highly effective against the orbalisks, meaning that they are weak to it. Yeah.

No, it says the were absorbing Bane's lightning and they overloaded. Why were they absorbing it? Look at the nature of orbalisks. They feed upon the Dark Side. Bane's Force Lightning is a Dark Side technique. Emerald Lightning is not. No such overloading, then.

You second point is also not right. It just means that electricity is more effective than anything else. Recall that it took millions of volts of electricity to kill even a few of them. Most were still alive and had to be shocked off using a starships engine's power.

Master Crimzon
No, it says the were absorbing Bane's lightning and they overloaded. Why were they absorbing it? Look at the nature of orbalisks. They feed upon the Dark Side. Bane's Force Lightning is a Dark Side technique. Emerald Lightning is not. No such overloading, then.

You second point is also not right. It just means that electricity is more effective than anything else. Recall that it took millions of volts of electricity to kill even a few of them. Most were still alive and had to be shocked off using a starships engine's power.

Good point. But wasn't it stated in some sourcebook or whatever that orbalisks fry when they come into contact with powerful lightning? Emerald Lightning counts as that.

And apparently you and I have different definitions of 'weakness'. Say, the Orbalisks provide absolute protection against everything but lightning (they don't, but oh well). Therefore, the lightning is the orbalisk' vulnerability- it doesn't necessarily have to be weak against lightning, but in comparison to its other protective capabilities, it is the orbalisk' weak point, vulnerability, and weakness.

Did you misunderstand me, or did I just type weird shit? It's a bit late here, so please forgive any displays of stupidity from me.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Good point. But wasn't it stated in some sourcebook or whatever that orbalisks fry when they come into contact with powerful lightning? Emerald Lightning counts as that.

And apparently you and I have different definitions of 'weakness'. Say, the Orbalisks provide absolute protection against everything but lightning (they don't, but oh well). Therefore, the lightning is the orbalisk' vulnerability- it doesn't necessarily have to be weak against lightning, but in comparison to its other protective capabilities, it is the orbalisk' weak point, vulnerability, and weakness.

Did you misunderstand me, or did I just type weird shit? It's a bit late here, so please forgive any displays of stupidity from me.

Well, you explained yourself well right there, so I don't know that I have any complaints. When I wrote 'also, electricity is the orbalisks weakness. That does not mean that orbalisks are weak to electricity. Two different meanings,' I meant that just because electricity is their weakness, doesn't mean they're going to get killed by dropping a toaster in a bathtub with Bane, y'know?

Like, if Bane stuck a key in a power outlet and got shocked, I very very very highly doubt that the orbalisks would so much as flinch at that. Meaning, yeah, it's their weakness, but that doesn't mean they're weak against it.

For instance, I think everyone would agree that Dooku's Force Lightning sucked. Yoda easily deflects it, Obi-Wan easily parries it with his blade. I bet Bane could tank that crap and have the orbalisks get a good meal out of it with no ill affects.

Master Crimzon
Well, you explained yourself well right there, so I don't know that I have any complaints. When I wrote 'also, electricity is the orbalisks weakness. That does not mean that orbalisks are weak to electricity. Two different meanings,' I meant that just because electricity is their weakness, doesn't mean they're going to get killed by dropping a toaster in a bathtub with Bane, y'know?

Like, if Bane stuck a key in a power outlet and got shocked, I very very very highly doubt that the orbalisks would so much as flinch at that. Meaning, yeah, it's their weakness, but that doesn't mean they're weak against it.

For instance, I think everyone would agree that Dooku's Force Lightning sucked. Yoda easily deflects it, Obi-Wan easily parries it with his blade. I bet Bane could tank that crap and have the orbalisks get a good meal out of it with no ill affects.

Dooku's lightning doesn't suck. I'd explain why, but I'm too tired and I have to go...

Sorry 'bout my argument. I was a bit off, so please forgive me. big grin

Enyalus
Pfft. Like mine are any better. Have a good night.

Lightsnake
Dooku kills an entire room full of warriors with his lightning at one point. I doubt his demonstration to Kenobi was anything resembling its full power. And the orbalisks, Zannah notes, ARE weak to electricity. the power Luke can wield would likely count for enough to Bane one on one for that

Faunus
They're weak to electricity in that its the only reasonable thing that can kill them. You'll recall that they shielded Bane from "millions" of volts when five of the eight Umbaran assassins hit him with the Force-pikes simultaneously at full power, when it was said that even one could bring down a bantha.

And Enyalus is right - most of the orbalisks survived Bane's lightning. The rest had to be removed through a complicated process one-by-one, by being shocked through a needle inserted into a single "soft" point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.