Who has the worst showings against bricks (Superman/Thor)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who has the worst track record against bricks.

Scoobless
Originally posted by carver9

The Big Bad Wolf.

shifty

stick out tongue

Faux Smurph
Originally posted by Scoobless
The Big Bad Wolf.

shifty

stick out tongue laughing out loud

Also, no expression

vansonbee
Originally posted by Faux Smurph
laughing out loud

Also, no expression http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/confused004.gif

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/confused004.gif

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/scared002.gif

Knowsbleed33
I'd say Superman since he has more low showings against bricks than Thor.

Shaggy Man/General
Konvikt
Solomon Grundy
Doomsday

Also, the fact that a brick killed Superman, I'd say that tops all Thor's bad showings against bricks.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Doomsday

Also, the fact that a brick killed Superman, I'd say that tops all Thor's bad showings against bricks. I would hardly call Doomsday a "brick."

Mindset
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I would hardly call Doomsday a "brick." What would you call him?

Faux Smurph

Also, the fact that a brick killed Superman, I'd say that tops all Thor's bad showings against bricks. See: Rulk

Dark-Jaxx
A subway train. 131

A brick is generally used for characters who are strong, durable, but also not versatile(being limited to H2H) and not fast, at least that from my experience is Carver's definition of it.

Doomsday is quite fast in the reflex department.

Mindset
Rulk isn't a brick, he's god.

TricksterPriest
I'd say Superman since he has more low showings against bricks than Thor.

Shaggy Man/General
Konvikt
Solomon Grundy
Doomsday

Also, the fact that a brick killed Superman, I'd say that tops all Thor's bad showings against bricks.

Considering that Thor would lose to most of those guys, that's not too bad.

Hulk. Nuff said. Superman would never lose the way Thor did.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindset
What would you call him?

A wife, the morning after the ceremony.

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

It's who has the worst low showings, it doesn't matter if the people who beat Supes would beat Thor too.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
A wife, the morning after the ceremony. ...What? no expression

occultdestroyer
Thordin getting manhandled by Rulk is probably the worst showing I've ever seen.
Just recalling it makes me sick.

Wei Phoenix

Hasn't Thor beaten him a few times before? From what I heard from one of my friend's, Thor put him down with a lightning bolt.

Priest
Thor mite actually have more wins against the Hulk, if not, its pretty even.

Rulk vs Thor was stupid considering Leob is a Rulk fanboy.

kgkg
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Hasn't Thor beaten him a few times before? From what I heard from one of my friend's, Thor put him down with a lightning bolt. He is talking about Rulk not hulk some new RED HULK

Wei Phoenix
oh well I was quoting the guy that said Hulk. Nuff said!

Priest
He wanks DC too much, don't quote him...Shame on u.

Knowsbleed33
See: Rulk

See: Death of Superman.

Zack Fair
Superman killed Doomsday.

Thor did nothing to Rulk. superdur

Mindset
Doomsday killed Superman

TAKE THAT~!

Knowsbleed33
Wait, when did Superman kill Doomsday in DoS or Hunter/Prey?

Aster Phoenix
Goliath, hands down
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/Goliathdeath.PNG

Mindset
DOS.

They killed each other right. Then Cyborg Supes threw him into the sun.

Mindset
Goliath, hands down
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/Goliathdeath.PNG

What does that have to do with this thread?

Faux Smurph
See: Death of Superman. Superman had an epic fight, and fatally damaged his opponent.

Thor got slapped around like a red-headed step child.

Which was the worst showing?

Aster Phoenix
I think it's safe to say he has the worst showings against bricks.

Knowsbleed33
DoS Doomsday was not dead. Hunter/Prey picks up where DoS left off. Doomsday was still tied to that big cone shaped rock with Cyborg Supes attached to his back.

Mindset
DoS Doomsday was not dead. Hunter/Prey picks up where DoS left off. Doomsday was still tied to that big cone shaped rock with Cyborg Supes attached to his back. I thought he was dead and came back?

Knowsbleed33
Superman had an epic fight, and fatally damaged his opponent.

Thor got slapped around like a red-headed step child.

Which was the worst showing?

Ummm being dead?

Yes, I'm sure that's it.

Knowsbleed33
I thought he was dead and came back?

According to Cyborg Supes he wasn't dead.

Mindset
I think it's safe to say he has the worst showings against bricks. Ignoring the fact that killing Goliath isn't even a bad showing, since he won, that isnt even Thor.

Aster Phoenix
Ignoring the fact that killing Goliath isn't even a bad showing, since he won, that isnt even Thor.
I wasn't talking about Thor and I was making a joke.

Faux Smurph
Ummm being dead?

Yes, I'm sure that's it. If one character fights a brick for an entire book, until they're both at the end of their stamina and ability, and both in critical states of injuries, and one dies...

It's a worse showing than a character getting smacked around to the point of unconsciousness, and then being left because the attacker, completely unphased, didn't give a shit?

Clearly you're right.

Aster Phoenix
Does Monarch count as a brick? Cause the supermen could do nothing against him.

Mindset
If one character fights a brick for an entire book, until they're both at the end of their stamina and ability, and both in critical states of injuries, and one dies...

It's a worse showing than a character getting smacked around to the point of unconsciousness, and then being left because the attacker, completely unphased, didn't give a shit?

Clearly you're right. One incident is worse than multiple including one where Supes dies?

Originally posted by carver9

Faux Smurph
One incident is worse than multiple including one where Supes dies? I never stated who had the worst overall track record.

I simply replied to this statement:

Mindset
Well that's your opinion, neither one of you are necessarily right in that regard.

Faux Smurph
Well that's your opinion, neither one of you are necessarily right in that regard. Says a poster on a comic book vs. forum....

Mindset
Says a poster on a comic book vs. forum.... The difference is in most regards people's opinions are backed with material, in this case yours isn't.

Your opinion is backed by your opinion.'

Get it?

quanchi112

Hulk. Nuff said. Superman would never lose the way Thor did. Thor would never get knocked senseless by Kalibak or have his jaw broken either.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I would hardly call Doomsday a "brick." He is a brick.Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Thordin getting manhandled by Rulk is probably the worst showing I've ever seen.
Just recalling it makes me sick. Rulk is a very tough brick. Loeb is behind Rulk anyways,so how can you really be surprised.

-K-M-
Thor got knocked out by a sniper bullet shifty

Faux Smurph
in this case yours isn't.
Sure it is.

Mine is backed by a couple pages of Rulk pwning Thor, and a book of Superman stalemating Doomsday.

Faux Smurph
The difference is in most regards people's opinions are backed with material Oh, and, many, many opinions around here are backed with less material than this.

This discussion is actually much more material based (as it's judging one event vs. another), than most of these matches, which rely entirely on how a character is likely to act in a given situation.

Mindset
Sure it is.

Mine is backed by a couple pages of Rulk pwning Thor, and a book of Superman stalemating Doomsday. Your opinion was that Thor's losing to Rulk was worse than Superman being killed by DD.

That isn't backed by the comics.

Mindset
Oh, and, many, many opinions around here are backed with less material than this.

This discussion is actually much more material based (as it's judging one event vs. another), than most of these matches, which rely entirely on how a character is likely to act in a given situation. That's why I didn't say people's opinions were always backed by the material.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -K-M-
Thor got knocked out by a sniper bullet shifty Ever hear of playing possum?

shifty

Aster Phoenix
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3639/arena4p38au4.jpg
Bad showing for Supes here.

Faux Smurph
Your opinion was that Thor's losing to Rulk was worse than Superman being killed by DD.

That isn't backed by the comics. No.

My opinion was that one showing was worse than another... getting beaten to a pulp by someone grinning is worse than stalemating that person.

It's pretty basic, and is backed by comics.

Even if you were right in your assessment there, that can still be backed up by comics.

quanchi112
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3639/arena4p38au4.jpg
Bad showing for Supes here. Thats not the real Superman and Monarch isnt a brick.

no expression

-K-M-
Originally posted by quanchi112
Eever hear of playing possum?

shifty

He wasn't actually, which was the silly part

Faux Smurph
That's why I didn't say people's opinions were always backed by the material. You said: "in most regards people's opinions are backed with material"

I'm going to jump to conclusions and assume you're talking about the vs. forum... in which case, I completely disagree.

You can play with semantics all you like, but whether always or most of the time, it's still wrong.

At least, in comparison to this discussion, which was the context of that quote.

quanchi112
He wasn't actually, which was the silly part Off panel?

-K-M-
Have to agree with Smurph, not sure why there really is a comparison between the two events as Superman actually gave Doomsday a serious fight, but you can't say the same for Thor. Heck, even Wendigo did better against Rulk.

Mindset
You said: "in most regards people's opinions are backed with material"

I'm going to jump to conclusions and assume you're talking about the vs. forum... in which case, I completely disagree.

You can play with semantics all you like, but whether always or most of the time, it's still wrong.

At least, in comparison to this discussion, which was the context of that quote. How am I playing with semantics, always and most of the time are clearly different.

Aster Phoenix
He wasn't actually, which was the silly part

Not really, Monarch was extremely powerful at that point.

Red Hulk
So anyway... how is Rulk a bad showing?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Red Hulk
So anyway... how is Rulk a bad showing? It isnt.

-K-M-
Originally posted by quanchi112
Off panel?

Thor played possum off-panel? No, we actually see Thor get knocked out and shortly after got right back up. He wasn't playing possum

Not really, Monarch was extremely powerful at that point.

Ummm...what? I'm talking about a sniper bullet knocking out Thor.

Faux Smurph
How am I playing with semantics, always and most of the time are clearly different. Once again, you're dodging the rest of the post to argue something completely semantical.

Aster Phoenix
Thor played possum off-panel? No, we actually see Thor get knocked out and shortly after got right back up. He wasn't playing possum

Ummm...what? I'm talking about a sniper bullet knocking out Thor.
Sorry I thought you meant Supes was playing possum.

Faux Smurph
So anyway... how is Rulk a bad showing? It's a horrible showing against a brick.

Might Superman have been owned to the same degree? Possibly.

But that's not what the thread's asking.

quanchi112

Ummm...what? I'm talking about a sniper bullet knocking out Thor. I was kidding you crazy canadian.

stick out tongue

Supes has had worse showings against bricks though.

Red Hulk
It's a horrible showing against a brick.

Might Superman have been owned to the same degree? Possibly.

But that's not what the thread's asking. I thought this thread was about track records.

Wasn't Superman one-shotted a couple times from some bricks?

Anyway, the Rulk showing isn't a bad showing, but if we only take into account the word 'brick' then I guess it could be classified as one here... anyway, that's only one.

Faux Smurph
I thought this thread was about track records.

Wasn't Superman one-shotted a couple times from some bricks?

Anyway, the Rulk showing isn't a bad showing, but if we only take into account the word 'brick' then I guess it could be classified as one here... anyway, that's only one. I was never arguing that Superman has a better record...

just replying to a statement about DOS trumping all of Thor's bad showings.

Red Hulk
I was never arguing that Superman has a better record...

just replying to a statement about DOS trumping all of Thor's bad showings. OK.
I don't follow threads outside a quick glimpse, so carry on my wayward son.

Zack Fair
Rulk himself is a bad showing. 131

iceman24567
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Rulk himself is a bad showing. 131 Wow i agree 131

quanchi112
Rulk himself is a bad showing. 131 What makes you say that?

Knowsbleed33
I was never arguing that Superman has a better record...

just replying to a statement about DOS trumping all of Thor's bad showings.

It's worse than all of Thors bad showings because Thor was never killed at the hands of a brick.

The Pict
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Just recalling it makes me sick.

Yeah sick

According to Cyborg Supes he wasn't dead.

He was dead, that's why Supes couldn't put him down the second time around.

Knowsbleed33
Where are you getting he was dead? It was never mentioned anywhere.

kakuzu
Super has been taken down by caveman at one time. Others he was laid low by a simple punch from batman.

Thor has used his fighting skills even when not needed and has been hit by human but never hurt.

I'd give it to superman. In his early years they would do just about anything to make him look strong even if it meant beating a rather large robot that had nothing special about it. What I mean by this is that the robot was just large and had claws. Usually they are now indestructible, they keep coming back, they have and unlimited power supplly, made mystically etc...

kakuzu
Rulk himself is a bad showing. 131

I agree. Just because he is red doesn't mean he shouldn't have been able to hold up against blows with enough force to dent caps shield. That was a dc writer I believe that wrote that comic anyway lol. I guess he got some pay back on Thor.

The Pict
Where are you getting he was dead? It was never mentioned anywhere.

Anywhere? Just off the top of my head.
Lois Lane says he's dead and Superman agrees (as he killed him) but says that a dead body could be just as dangerous.

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/79/doomsdayhunterprey1pg22ie4.th.jpg

psycho gundam
obviously superman has the lesser track record, not much of a debate there.

thor was shocked when red hulk didn't explode from the impact of mjolnir hitting his skull, after all asgard is full of bricks and asgardian gods beat on them for shit and giggles. red hulk not getting ko'd was a completely new experience for thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
obviously superman has the lesser track record, not much of a debate there.

thor was shocked when red hulk didn't explode from the impact of mjolnir hitting his skull, after all asgard is full of bricks and asgardian gods beat on them for shit and giggles. red hulk not getting ko'd was a completely new experience for thor. Loeb must be stopped.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by The Pict
Anywhere? Just off the top of my head.
Lois Lane says he's dead and Superman agrees (as he killed him) but says that a dead body could be just as dangerous.

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/79/doomsdayhunterprey1pg22ie4.th.jpg

Uhhh but he wasn't dead? Remember in the cargo hold of the ship? He's alive and well.

The Great Galen
Red Hulk...nuff said.

Silent Master
Red Hulk was one fight, this is about track records.

The Great Galen
Thing,Hulk,Thanos..ect.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Thing,Hulk,Thanos..ect. Thanos is a brick according to you? When has Hulk beaten thor with his hammer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.