Miracle at St. Anna

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

edwinian
I've been seeing previews for the new Spike Lee WW2 film. Can't wait to see it, I think it looks awesome. It premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival last week and got some good reviews. One on Cinematical called the film epic. Anybody else think this looks good?

NonSensi-Klown
It looks like a gay sequel to Inside Man.

BruceSkywalker
Nah, I'll pass

edwinian
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
It looks like a gay sequel to Inside Man.

It looks nothing like a sequel to Inside Man. It's a WW2 film, that has some mystery twist on it with that statues head. I'm a fan of Spikes previous movies, I think he's a great director, so I'm looking forward to what he does with the war genre.

ragesRemorse
i will be looking forward to renting this from the Red box

andanotherthing
Yeah, it's a rental. But, I would like to see what Spike Lee does with a war movie. Every director seems to feel the need to do at least one.

tabby999
Is all the white peoples dialogue incoherent barking? It'd be a refreshing change for Lee.

ricktrang
I hope its better than flags of our fathers

Darth Martin
Malcolm X is in my top ten. I also like He Got Game.

edwinian
Saw it this weekend... I really loved the war scenes. I think it really showed how smart of a director Lee is. The cinematography was pretty impressive.

juliwats119
Yes indeed those war scenes are really great...

Darth Martin
Wow, this movie did pretty poor. I know it's a Spike Lee joint but as much as they were advertising this on television.....

edwinian
Yea saw that... it's a shame it didn't do any better. I mean I think it is a really solid movie that has some educational aspects to it. I think society as a whole would benefit from watching this movie. I'm not trying to be preachy... I just think the film has some interesting messages.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.