Delph's League of Champions Stats, Standings, and Transactions Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
This thread will contain the weekly standings from the League. It will also be used for participants to post their roster modifications (trades, drops, additions).

Like in Fantasy Sports leagues you will be allowed to trade characters with other participants. Trades will take effect the following Sunday after the trade was proposed and accepted. You will also be able to waive team characters and pick up "free agents" (undrafted characters) at any time you wish. All trades and waivers/signings must be posted in the League Standings and Transactions thread. The weekly trade/waiver deadline will be on Wednesdays at Midnight (12:00 am Thursdays, technically) .

Addendum/Clarification: Transactions submitted by midnight on Wednesday, September 17th, will take effect on Sunday, September 21st for use in the Week 2 battles (beginning Monday, September 22nd). You will be able to submit roster changes as of Monday, September 15th. Below is a schedule for the weekly trade and waiver deadlines, as well as the effective dates of the transactions.

Weekly Deadline | Effective Date
Week 1: 9/17 | 9/21
Week 2 9/24 | 9/28
Week 3 10/1 | 10/5
Week 4 10/8 | 10/12
Week 5 10/15 | 10/19
Week 6 10/22 | 10/26
Week 7 10/29 | 11/2
Week 8 11/5 | 11/9*

* - Rosters will be locked as of Sunday, November 9th. Any transactions submitted on or before Wednesday, November 5th will take effect for the playoff battles.

There is no limit on the amount of trades and waivers you can perform, or the amount of characters you may have on your roster. The only stipulation is that you must be able to afford the salaries of your character roster within the 125 point salary cap. When making a roster change you must state the character which is being dropped/traded from your team as well as the character which you will be adding to your roster. Transactions must posted in the following manner:

Waivers/Free Agency Signings Example:

Drop:
Ironman - - 30 pts

Add:
Batman - - 15 pts
Black Panther - - 15 pts

Trade Example:

Team trades:
Ironman - - 30 pts

to

Team for:
Batman - - 15 pts
Black Panther - - 15 pts

Any disputes of the proposed transactions will be resolved by the Sunday effective dates (hence the 4 day window).

Scoobless
Digi told me to tell you he wants to trade Iron Man for The Rhino and Uncle Ben (current 616 Uncle Ben ... not the rice guy)

AlmightyKfish
Lol

fangirl101
Drop Star Fire 30 points
Drop Black Panther 15 points
Drop Leviathan 25 points

Add DCUA Hawk Woman-25 points

From this series
http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-adventures/49-10065/
Bio- http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Hawkgirl

Add Metal Head- 25 points Bio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalhead_(comics)

Wolverine -20 points Bio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by fangirl101
Drop Star Fire 30 points
Drop Black Panther 15 points
Drop Leviathan 25 points

Add DCUA Hawk Woman-25 points

From this series
Bio- http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Hawkgirl

Add Metal Head- 25 points Bio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalhead_(comics)

Wolverine -20 points Bio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)

fangirl101
Dont' know why the metal head link isn't working. Try xmen 2099 and you'll find him there.

Scoobless
I'm reasonably sure you can't draft animated versions of characters ... it's not mixed genre yet.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Scoobless
I'm reasonably sure you can't draft animated versions of characters ... it's not mixed genre yet. I'm reasonably sure that the I put the comic book link from which Hawkgirl appears.

illadelph12
I'm reasonably sure you can't draft animated versions of characters ... it's not mixed genre yet.

Fangirl has drafted a comic book character. DC has created a comic book universe based on the Justice League Cartoon Universe.

Charlotte DeBel

That version has comics series to her name-

Scoobless
Originally posted by illadelph12
Fangirl has drafted a comic book character. DC has created a comic book universe based on the Justice League Cartoon Universe.

Really? Didn't know that, I just looked at the pic then shut the page down.

So does that mean I could draft a Star Wars/Star Trek character as long as there is a comic based on the show/film?

illadelph12
So long as it's a comic book character (non manga) with a comic history/bibliography of 10 issues/appearances or greater it's fair game.

If Star Wars/Star Trek has an accompanying comic book universe then yes, it would allowed, so long as the character meets the requirements (appearance quota).

Charlotte DeBel
So long as it's a comic book character (non manga) with a comic history/bibliography of 10 issues/appearances or greater it's fair game.

If Star Wars/Star Trek has an accompanying comic book universe then yes, it would allowed, so long as the character meets the requirements (appearance quota).

Sometimes, though, there are cases when both comics and "other genre" are equally in canon for character...take Buffyverse- comics are canon to movies and viseversa.

illadelph12
In those cases, for this season only, only the comics would be admissable.

AlmightyKfish
So with Star War's characters, we can use them as long as they reach the 10 issue Cap, but we can only use feats from the comics (not films/books), as even though they're canon, as it's not mixed genre yet?

Just trying ot get my head round this xD

illadelph12
Pretty much. For Season One only comic book characters are legal. If you have a character that exists in multiple mediums (movies, cartoon, comics, video games, novels, etc.), for Season One, only their comic book history would be admissable in debates. In Season Two their entire character history would be legal.

Also take into consideration that your rosters/experiences carry over from season to season, so if you plan on participating in Season Two you can lock up a character this season for more extensive use in future seasons.

fangirl101
I was under the impression that The DCUA comics is just an extention of the DCUA continuing as a lead off of the series.Not that it matters becuz Hawk girl has the same set of abilities in both mediums.

Charlotte DeBel
I was under the impression that The DCUA comics is just an extention of the DCUA continuing as a lead off of the series.Not that it matters becuz Hawk girl has the same set of abilities in both mediums.

I was also under that impression, thus my question about Buffy (comics are canon continuation of the movies). Ill has already answered that for season 1 purposes only feats shown in comics would be valid, not the ones from other media (even though that media is canon to comics).

DigiMark007
Question: aren't we supposed to PM ill the changes, instead of posting them here, and then he posts them? Or no?

Newjak
Fangirl has drafted a comic book character. DC has created a comic book universe based on the Justice League Cartoon Universe. Who's the Master stick out tongue

illadelph12
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Question: aren't we supposed to PM ill the changes, instead of posting them here, and then he posts them? Or no?

No, you post them here in this thread. It's first come first served (see rules above).

DigiMark007
K thanks.

Also, fangirl's plan with his new picks is fairly obvious, though no complaints about it, but I have to make a complaint about MetalHead. He's basically Absorbing Man, but limited to metals (which, arguably, account for AM's best feats). Mid meta? Really?! He could be reasonably argued at a low herald level. Seems like it's just made up so that he can get who he wants for the prices he wants.

illadelph12
^

Yeah, I anticipated such issues, which is why we have from Thursday until Sunday to debate and confirm free agent pick ups and trades.

fangirl101
K thanks.

Also, fangirl's plan with his new picks is fairly obvious, though no complaints about it, but I have to make a complaint about MetalHead. He's basically Absorbing Man, but limited to metals (which, arguably, account for AM's best feats). Mid meta? Really?! He could be reasonably argued at a low herald level. Seems like it's just made up so that he can get who he wants for the prices he wants.
Sorry. Metal head isn't and has never been as strong as Colossus who is high level. He's not as fast either. He's LIMITED to metals. He's def mid meta. Iron Man could pwn metal head. with ease.

Faux Smurph
Sorry. Metal head isn't and has never been as strong as Colossus who is high level. He's not as fast either. He's LIMITED to metals. He's def mid meta. Iron Man could pwn metal head. with ease. Iron Man could win over the rest of his tier and many from the tier above him as well, so that point is moot.

DigiMark007
Sorry. Metal head isn't and has never been as strong as Colossus who is high level. He's not as fast either. He's LIMITED to metals. He's def mid meta. Iron Man could pwn metal head. with ease.

Not the issue. The power set is well beyond mid meta, regardless of what he's done with it in the past. Or shall I draft Franklin Richards in the next mid herald tourney because he lacks, say, Surfer's feats?

fangirl101
Not the issue. The power set is well beyond mid meta, regardless of what he's done with it in the past. Or shall I draft Franklin Richards in the next mid herald tourney because he lacks, say, Surfer's feats?

So then I take it you think Husk is beyond the tourney as well? Get that shi tout of here. Miss martian's power set is beyond the tourney as so is sinisters. But I don't hear complaints. Except from me. The power set it self is fine. He mimmicks the properties of the metals he's touching. Not every material. not absorbtion of energies or gases or liquids. He was never shown to b eas fast or as strong as colossus. who is at the top of the metal boys game.

DigiMark007
So then I take it you think Husk is beyond the tourney as well? Get that shi tout of here. Miss martian's power set is beyond the tourney as so is sinisters. But I don't hear complaints. Except from me. The power set it self is fine. He mimmicks the properties of the metals he's touching. Not every material. not absorbtion of energies or gases or liquids. He was never shown to b eas fast or as strong as colossus. who is at the top of the metal boys game.

None of those you mentioned are beyond high meta. If they were, evidence would have been brought to bear that damned them to low herald status. None was. They've also all been shown to utilize those powers to their fullest, or nearly so, so they don't have potential that well exceeds tourney caps. It's not a stretch to say Metaldude could be beyond the tourney limits, though he is of course heavily dependent on his surroundings.

But kudos if ill allows it. Nth metal is tricky to deal with.

illadelph12
I think 30 pts would be a reasonable price for Metalhead. 25 isn't excessive low balling (no homo), so I don't fault Fangirl for it. However, that would cause further re-alignment to her roster.

*edit

Actually, upon second thought, I think Fangirl's choices and prices are fine as is.

Faux Smurph
Meh... I wouldn't put Metalhead, based on that bio, any higher than, say, Venom, another semi-versatile brick.

Scoobless
Actually, upon second thought, I think Fangirl's choices and prices are fine as is.

That's a first ... stick out tongue

fangirl101
I think 30 pts would be a reasonable price for Metalhead. 25 isn't excessive low balling (no homo), so I don't fault Fangirl for it. However, that would cause further re-alignment to her roster.

*edit

I thought about it, and DCUA Hawkgirl's stats are below her comic counter parts. And yet I gave her the same tier points as I did her new earth comic counter parts. So i guess it all evens out.

Faux Smurph
Hawk Woman's a pretty clear low meta...

fangirl101
Originally posted by Faux Smurph
Hawk Woman's a pretty clear low meta... I gave her the same points as I did the new earth one's who are mid metas. So The points are kinda the same when you think about it.

Scoobless
So not many changes for the second round then ... interesting, I expected some customised teams for facing certain opponents.

fangirl101
So not many changes for the second round then ... interesting, I expected some customised teams for facing certain opponents. Everyone probably picked thier teams and made a bunch of plans already. I just wanted to try new characters and have fun and see what I could come up with. I'll probably swap out every round just to have fun.

psycho gundam
too bad your new stratagem is as clear as day, imo you should re-tool it some since whomever your facing next will stop you dead in your tracks from jump.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by psycho gundam
too bad your new stratagem is as clear as day, imo you should re-tool it some since whomever your facing next will stop you dead in your tracks from jump.

It's too late to make any reswapping, unless the picks are on higher level. And that newer stratagem isn't exactly brilliant, especially since Digi stated that for "mixed canon" (when multiple media are providing canon stuff for the same characters) only comics appearances are valid.

So Hawkgirl's cartoon feats are nullified, and she's left with whatever was shown in Justice League Adventures comics...which is some good stuff and some "meh".

fangirl101
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
It's too late to make any reswapping, unless the picks are on higher level. And that newer stratagem isn't exactly brilliant, especially since Digi stated that for "mixed canon" (when multiple media are providing canon stuff for the same characters) only comics appearances are valid.

So Hawkgirl's cartoon feats are nullified, and she's left with whatever was shown in Justice League Adventures comics...which is some good stuff and some "meh".

I don't care about her feats. and people should never assume that I'm going to do what they think.

psycho gundam
i hope so.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i hope so.

I also hope that you'll surprise mesmile

DigiMark007
I don't care about her feats. and people should never assume that I'm going to do what they think.

Right. They might expect you do a lot more than you actually do, like I did.

stick out tongue

So not many changes for the second round then ... interesting, I expected some customised teams for facing certain opponents.

People generally pick who they want at the beginning. There will be switches, but I expect it more from desperate teams with losing records than established teams who should be assured of the playoffs. Constant switches makes for a lot of work for anyone, regardless of their knowledge.

Also, you'll get your wish in a bit. I'm rolling with this team for the most part, but plan on changing up something for you two in my 3rd match.

wink

DigiMark007
Question: What's the earliest we can put in for picks in each week? Is it Monday, like it was for our first free agency time this past week? The first post wasn't entirely clear on this, if I read it correctly.

We'll need a "start" time, because otherwise you could have people putting in changes right now for week 3 in order to ensure they get a particular person. Not ideal, imo.

illadelph12
You can post picks whenever you want, they just won't take effect until Week 3 (at this point).

Scoobless
You can post picks whenever you want, they just won't take effect until Week 3 (at this point).

Interesting .... shifty

Charlotte DeBel
Interesting .... shifty

I'd say sosmile

Cavalier
Team Deus Ex Machina (Blair, Smurph)

Drop: Hawkman, Marvel Boy (20 each)

Pick up: Reed Richards (30), Black Widow 3 (Yelena Belova, 5 points) and Boy Blue (5 points)

Reed- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reed_Richards

BW- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Widow_(Marvel_Comics)

Boy Blue- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Blue_(Fables)

Blue obviously lacks the witching cloak and vorpal blade (which aren't standard gear).

DigiMark007
You guys know that those won't be in place until week 3, right?

Cavalier
You guys know that those won't be in place until week 3, right? Of course.

leonidas
Originally posted by Cavalier
Team Deus Ex Machina (Blair, Smurph)

Drop: Hawkman, Marvel Boy (20 each)

Pick up: Reed Richards (30), Black Widow 3 (Yelena Belova, 5 points) and Boy Blue (5 points)

Reed- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reed_Richards

BW- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Widow_(Marvel_Comics)

Boy Blue- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Blue_(Fables)

Blue obviously lacks the witching cloak and vorpal blade (which aren't standard gear).

ha! victory is ours for certain! we have broken your team on the anvil that is us! nwoot

now, smurph, if only you could swap out bw and give yourself a REAL chance . . .

big grin

DigiMark007
The common Black Widow is Natasha. They took the lesser-known one, who has had her mind transferred into a Super-Adaptoid, among other things.

Can we get some kind of assurance that this is baseline human Yelena? And what are you planning on using for base purposes? SHIELD, AIM, Hydra, Vanguard, etc? She's never really been affiliated with any of them for too long.

leonidas
and boy blue for 5pts? blink

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t400897.html

AlmightyKfish
They specified w/o the cape/sword.

leonidas
Originally posted by leonidas

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t400897.html

even w/out cloak/sword he's a centuries old being who is ridiculously skilled in combat AND prep. no way he's only a 5pt guy gentlemen . . .

leonidas
oops, quoted the wrong post. embarrasment

Cavalier
The common Black Widow is Natasha. They took the lesser-known one, who has had her mind transferred into a Super-Adaptoid, among other things.

Can we get some kind of assurance that this is baseline human Yelena? And what are you planning on using for base purposes? SHIELD, AIM, Hydra, Vanguard, etc? She's never really been affiliated with any of them for too long. Jesus, people...

Obviously I didn't just draft Super-Adaptoid for 5 points.

I was planning on using SHIELD, but if people have evidence that a different prep site would be better, let's go with that.

And I guess that makes this Yelena around the time of the New Avengers. Originally posted by leonidas

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t400897.html Yes, that's Boy Blue with the witching cloak and sword.

We have a number of skilled opponents in low street, and what has Blue done with his "centuries of knowledge"?

On panel: Batroc, Black Widow, Catwoman, Colleen Wing, Night Thrasher, The Question, Talia, White Tiger all demonstrate superior h2h capabilities (Blue has demonstrated none... simply some knowledge of battle tactics).

And they're all ranked in low street.

leonidas
Jesus, people...

Obviously I didn't just draft Super-Adaptoid for 5 points.

I was planning on using SHIELD, but if people have evidence that a different prep site would be better, let's go with that.

And I guess that makes this Yelena around the time of the New Avengers. Yes, that's Boy Blue with the witching cloak and sword.

We have a number of skilled opponents in low street, and what has Blue done with his "centuries of knowledge"?

On panel: Batroc, Black Widow, Catwoman, Colleen Wing, Night Thrasher, The Question, Talia, White Tiger all demonstrate superior h2h capabilities (Blue has demonstrated none... simply some knowledge of battle tactics).

And they're all ranked in low street.

i'll take your word for it, smurph, but his sword didn't grant him his SKILL with it and knowledge can be every bit as potent as h2h skills. i'll not belabor the issue beyond this post, but i've little doubt we'll see that knowledge demonstrated and come to undrestand its true value.

illadelph12
Week 1 Results:

Charlotte def. Kfish 3-0
Digi def. Fangirl 3-0
BDub/Smurph def. Leo/Scoob 2-1

Standings:

1. Digi ---- 1-0 (3-0)
1. Charlotte ---- 1-0 (3-0)
3. B-Dub/Smurph ---- 1-0 (2-1)
4. Leo/Scoob ---- 0-1 (1-2)
6. Kandy/id369 ---- 0-0 (0-0)
7. Fangirl ---- 0-1 (0-3)
7. Kfish ---- 0-1 (0-3)

Transactions:

Effective for Week 2 :

Fangirl:

Drops:
Star Fire - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfire_(comics) - 30 points
Black Panther - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_(comics) - 15 points
Leviathan - http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Sal..._Hour%29#Powers - 25 points

Adds:
DCUA Hawk Woman - http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Hawkgirl - 25 points
Metal Head - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalhead_(comics) - 25 points
Wolverine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics) - 20 points

DigiMark007
Hey ill. I have a question. I know the reason(s) we have for PMing you votes instead of judges posting them in the matches, and I like that method of voting. However. It's always nice to see a "here's why I think you lost" for adapting purposes. Because, for example, "you lost because your opponent had more power" and "you lost because I didn't believe a word of your prep" are entirely different, and require different responses in future matches. We have no way of knowing.

Iirc, the main reason for PMs is so judges aren't influenced by other judges. Fair enough. But what if we requested brief reasoning, and then you posted those with the results? Clearly this isn't an issue for me right now, but it will undoubtedly come up for most of us before tourney's end.

Starscream M
Hey ill. I have a question. I know the reason(s) we have for PMing you votes instead of judges posting them in the matches, and I like that method of voting. However. It's always nice to see a "here's why I think you lost" for adapting purposes. Because, for example, "you lost because your opponent had more power" and "you lost because I didn't believe a word of your prep" are entirely different, and require different responses in future matches. We have no way of knowing.

Iirc, the main reason for PMs is so judges aren't influenced by other judges. Fair enough. But what if we requested brief reasoning, and then you posted those with the results? Clearly this isn't an issue for me right now, but it will undoubtedly come up for most of us before tourney's end. digi, didn't the judges post their reasoning?

DigiMark007
Oh. Hell. Yeah, they did. I didn't see that the matches had been unpinned, so when I didn't see any pinned threads with new responses, it looked like nothing had been posted. My bad.

Starscream M
you really shouldn't shoot from the hip digi

Badabing
Originally posted by Starscream M
you really shouldn't shoot from the hip digi You really should have heeded our friendly advice. WARNED.

DigiMark007
An honest mistake isn't shooting from the hip. And I was nothing but respectful and sincere in my suggestion. Misinformed isn't equivalent to antagonistic.

Remember what I said about trying not to find the negative in everyone's posts, or turning them into something they're not? You need to continue to work on it.

illadelph12
Week 1 Results:

Charlotte def. Kfish 3-0 - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t492942.html
Digi def. Fangirl 3-0 - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t492943.html
BDub/Smurph def. Leo/Scoob 2-1 - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t492944.html

Standings:

1. Digi ---- 1-0 (3-0)
1. Charlotte ---- 1-0 (3-0)
3. B-Dub/Smurph ---- 1-0 (2-1)
4. Leo/Scoob ---- 0-1 (1-2)
6. Kandy/id369 ---- 0-0 (0-0)
7. Fangirl ---- 0-1 (0-3)
7. Kfish ---- 0-1 (0-3)

Transactions:

Effective for Week 2 :

Fangirl:

Drops:
Star Fire - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfire_(comics) - 30 points
Black Panther - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_(comics) - 15 points
Leviathan - http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Sal..._Hour%29#Powers - 25 points

Adds:
DCUA Hawk Woman - http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Hawkgirl - 25 points
Metal Head - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalhead_(comics) - 25 points
Wolverine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics) - 20 points

id369

Charlotte DeBel

id369
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Damn...was planning to use Gambit myself. But still...good team, darlingsmile
A thanks.
For some reason I felt the pressure of safe keeping Gambit now. My manly intuition was right (for once). embarrasment

fangirl101
Fangirl at it again until the team is right.

Drops
DCUA Hawk Woman 25
Metal Head 25
Wolvierine 20

Adds

Firestar-25 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestar
Vision- 30 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_(Marvel_Comics)

I'll add the other later. Gotta think about it.

DigiMark007
Wait. Drafting a 5-points-lower Cable lets you use his entire history? Without TP/TK, I assume this means that you can't use his full feat history. Just anything else, since it's current.

Just want to get that cleared up. Seems like you want him more for a base than anything, so meh.

Also, damn I wish I could face fangirl again. Firestar and Vision...such fun counters. But alas.

Charlotte DeBel
Wait. Drafting a 5-points-lower Cable lets you use his entire history? Without TP/TK, I assume this means that you can't use his full feat history. Just anything else, since it's current.

Just want to get that cleared up. Seems like you want him more for a base than anything, so meh.

Also, damn I wish I could face fangirl again. Firestar and Vision...such fun counters. But alas.

Cable and Gambit both were depowered to being 20pointers for one simple reason, which Id may or may not have remedy for. I'd also have added AoA Emma Frost (5 pts worth) to that list.

fangirl101
For the last addition to my team,

I add incomparable

Batman 15 points- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman
So My new team consist of

Vision-30
Firestar-25
Power Pax(House)-25
SpeedBall-20
Judomaster-10
Batman-15

id369

Scoobless
For the last addition to my team,

I add incomparable

Batman 15 points- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman
So My new team consist of

Vision-30
Firestar-25
Power Pax(House)-25
SpeedBall-20
Judomaster-10
Batman-15

I still say Judo Master is at least 15, maybe 20, points.

embarrasment

fangirl101
I still say Judo Master is at least 15, maybe 20, points.

embarrasment I thought that was already decided upon that she was worth ten points.

DigiMark007
It was. But we can retain our personal objections.

But heck, she's beatable. Maybe cheaper than she should be, but 5 pts. one way or another generally doesn't make or break teams. For what it's worth, I think 25 is a lot to pay for Firestar (though it's probably the most fair place for her).

fangirl101
It was. But we can retain our personal objections.

But heck, she's beatable. Maybe cheaper than she should be, but 5 pts. one way or another generally doesn't make or break teams. For what it's worth, I think 25 is a lot to pay for Firestar (though it's probably the most fair place for her).
Yeah. I figured she would be around Speedball level as his feats actually are better than hers for the most part. But I didn't want to seem greedy. I went to the tier thread and was surprised she wasn't on there.

DigiMark007
Speedy should be 25, easily. And that's a fact. But we set the precedent at 20, and I didn't know enough then to object, so whatever. But I have no problems with your team as a whole.

fangirl101
Speedy should be 25, easily. And that's a fact. But we set the precedent at 20, and I didn't know enough then to object, so whatever. But I have no problems with your team as a whole.
After this tourney, I believe it would be prudent to go over the meta level tiers and do some tweeking and adding. I really think Iron Man is low level Herald. but that is just me.

DigiMark007
After this tourney, I believe it would be prudent to go over the meta level tiers and do some tweeking and adding. I really think Iron Man is low level Herald. but that is just me.

He's actually been talked about several times in the tiers thread, and been shot down each time (though not without people on both sides). That's one of the few that we actually don't need to revisit. But yeah, a few others can and should be moved. Speedy among them.

id369
He's actually been talked about several times in the tiers thread, and been shot down each time (though not without people on both sides). That's one of the few that we actually don't need to revisit. But yeah, a few others can and should be moved. Speedy among them.

Nimrod is High Meta, but Darwin is low Herald. confused

The tier list does need to be re-visited, its just a pain in the arse.

fangirl101
Originally posted by id369
Nimrod is High Meta, but Darwin is low Herald. confused

The tier list does need to be re-visited, its just a pain in the arse. Yeah. I wondered about Darwin being so high.

Scoobless
Yeah. I wondered about Darwin being so high.

I wondered about Nimrod being so low.

erm

DigiMark007
So are KFish and I seriously the only ones having a match right now? Woot. And here I thought the finals would be the only time that happened. Looks like I get two weeks in the spotlight though.

...then I get to rest while the rest of you plebians duke it out next week.

big grin

Symmetric Chaos
I wondered about Nimrod being so low.

erm

Have to admit I didn't understand that either.

AlmightyKfish
So are KFish and I seriously the only ones having a match right now? Woot. And here I thought the finals would be the only time that happened. Looks like I get two weeks in the spotlight though.

...then I get to rest while the rest of you plebians duke it out next week.

big grin

Yup it's just us two.

Better put on a good show. wink

DigiMark007
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Yup it's just us two.

Better put on a good show. wink

Better stop posting and let Digi do yard work, more like (uhuh). Matches are stressful things for me. I like writeups, but not having to check all the time for new posts and such...because even if I don't respond immediately, I like to think about it, and you can only do that so much with a limited time frame for a match.

illadelph12
Trade/Waiver deadline is in 7.33 hours. If you have any roster moves which you like effective for your Week 3 matches please have them submitted within this time window. Thanks.

DigiMark007
Trade/Waiver deadline is in 7.33 hours. If you have any roster moves which you like effective for your Week 3 matches please have them submitted within this time window. Thanks.

I was thinking about fielding an all-jobber team for my bye-week just for yucks, but don't want to risk losing parts of my team that I plan on keeping.

Scoobless

Me and Leo will make one or two changes (since no-one else is going to)

Dropping :

Spiral - 30
Alfred - 5
Century - 20

Drafting:

Storm - 30 http://www.marvel.com/universe/Storm
Moonstone (single stone - original Thunderbolts era) - 25 http://www.marvel.com/universe/Moonstone_(Karla_Sofen)

Leaves us with

Mandarin
Magik
Brit
Storm
Moonstone

DigiMark007
Thought about Moonstone myself at one point.

Blair/Smurph, try not to drop Hank if possible. The wonder twins here might just get lazy.

stick out tongue

Starscream M

Blair/Smurph, try not to drop Hank if possible. The wonder twins here might just get lazy.

stick out tongue I think I could outdebate you. no expression

DigiMark007
Good for you. But that has nothing to do with anything. Quit trying to bait people, particularly someone like myself who has neither the aggressive nature nor the desire to even talk to you.

Starscream M
hmpf...fine, i'll troll someone else.

Scoobless

stick out tongue

Meh, there are tons of growing characters to chose from if we were to do that (and we already are being lazy ... we drafted Spiral and Moonstone on the strength of already having their scan feats from previous tourneys)

embarrasment

DigiMark007
Meh, there are tons of growing characters to chose from if we were to do that (and we already are being lazy ... we drafted Spiral and Moonstone on the strength of already having their scan feats from previous tourneys)

embarrasment

That's not really lazy though. You debate best with those you know well. Why do you think Minion is the most likely to stay on my team the whole tourney? Doctor, Thor, Adam Warlock, Spidey. My tourney record is rife with such "laziness." Research is for chumps.

Starscream M
Research is for chumps. but innovation is more likely to impress judges

DigiMark007
Depends on the judge. I always thought that a better overall team/strategy impressed judges, but I guess some are that shallow ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ).

And my comment was obvious sarcasm. Everyone here has researched dozens of characters if they hope to win.

And you're probably still baiting. Or at least just saying things without any sort of evidence. Either way, meh to anything you say.

Scoobless
Everyone here has researched dozens of characters if they hope to win.

We have?

no expression

Do you count having read comics for a few years as research?

Starscream M
Depends on the judge. I always thought that a better overall team/strategy impressed judges, but I guess some are that shallow ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ).

And my comment was obvious sarcasm. Everyone here has researched dozens of characters if they hope to win.

And you're probably still baiting. Or at least just saying things without any sort of evidence. Either way, meh to anything you say. no digi, I'm not baiting. I'm not someone who has nothing better to do than troll all day (despite what you might think).

I just inputted my 2 cents. Just thinking that if I were a judge, and I read the same strategy over and over again, no matter how solid, I would get bored and lose some interest. Whereas if I saw if innovative strategies employed (they must be solid as well), I would def be more inclined to award some points just for creativity alone.

anyways, just my humble 2 cents.

Starscream M
We have?

no expression

Do you count having read comics for a few years as research? key qualifier: "if they hope to win"

stick out tongue

id369

DigiMark007
We have?

no expression

Do you count having read comics for a few years as research?

laughing out loud

Well, it varies. I look into the powersets and basic info on dozens of characters. Then narrow it down to those that seem the most promising. And for people like Iron Man or Machine Man, for example, "in-depth research" amounts to a click over to the respect forum, which helps immensely. Of my team, only Sinister has a sub-par respect thread, and only then because a fair amount of the links are broken. It's only the lesser-knowns where a lot of legwork is involved. But I have folders on maybe 14 characters....8-9 as potential drafts, the rest as "countering evidence" against possible opponents.

Charlotte DeBel
laughing out loud

Well, it varies. I look into the powersets and basic info on dozens of characters. Then narrow it down to those that seem the most promising. And for people like Iron Man or Machine Man, for example, "in-depth research" amounts to a click over to the respect forum, which helps immensely. Of my team, only Sinister has a sub-par respect thread, and only then because a fair amount of the links are broken. It's only the lesser-knowns where a lot of legwork is involved. But I have folders on maybe 14 characters....8-9 as potential drafts, the rest as "countering evidence" against possible opponents.

Right now I'm PMing all the Fables experts I know (on other boards, not at KMC) to prepare better for "snicker-snack" factor in upcoming match (just in case).

Tourney research is funny thing. Sometimes it makes you read comics you'd never read otherwise in right mind (like the Incredible Hulk series- certain issues, but some stuff here was brain-torturing experience- to prepare for Vector).

Scoobless
BTW guys ... Leo doesn't know who I've drafted yet (he knows we were switching but as we're never on at the same time we never finalised any decisions) so if he throws a hissy fit you'll know why.

embarrasment

Charlotte DeBel
BTW guys ... Leo doesn't know who I've drafted yet (he knows we were switching but as we're never on at the same time we never finalised any decisions) so if he throws a hissy fit you'll know why.

embarrasment

I was adviced one... odd replacement draft pick for my match against Kandy\Id... hate paying my 20 or even 25 (considering some of dude's standart equpment) points for what can be called "a helping of mock turtle soup before 2nd season starts". So likely won't follow the advice...and the dude advicing most likely was slapped on the head by most recent Initiative issue.

AlmightyKfish
That was my plan at first.

The I realized only Tasky, Electro and Sabretooth have respect threads and they're hardly brilliant xD

fangirl101
Me and Leo will make one or two changes (since no-one else is going to)

Dropping :

Spiral - 30
Alfred - 5
Century - 20

Drafting:

Storm - 30 http://www.marvel.com/universe/Storm
Moonstone (single stone - original Thunderbolts era) - 25 http://www.marvel.com/universe/Moonstone_(Karla_Sofen)

Leaves us with

Mandarin
Magik
Brit
Storm
Moonstone
I'm so over storm and Moonstone.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
That was my plan at first.

The I realized only Tasky, Electro and Sabretooth have respect threads and they're hardly brilliant xD

Sometimes I allow the respect threads (or lack of them) do some eliminating of potential picks for me. With a respect forum as large as ours (I'll check herochat occasionally too) there's a wide selection for any power level.

But not always, of course. Occasionally you have to muster up the will to do the legwork yourself.

I'm so over storm and Moonstone.

Dude, they broke up with you. Not vice-versa. Something about a lack of bedroom prowess.

fangirl101
Sometimes I allow the respect threads (or lack of them) do some eliminating of potential picks for me. With a respect forum as large as ours (I'll check herochat occasionally too) there's a wide selection for any power level.

But not always, of course. Occasionally you have to muster up the will to do the legwork yourself.

Dude, they broke up with you. Not vice-versa. Something about a lack of bedroom prowess.
That's not what I meant. they are just obvious picks to mess with certain members of my team.

DigiMark007
That's not what I meant. they are just obvious picks to mess with certain members of my team.

It's ok. The next step is to work past denial into acceptance, and finally seeing other people.

patpat

fangirl101
It's ok. The next step is to work past denial into acceptance, and finally seeing other people.

patpat
confused sad big grin eek! laughing

Cavalier
Smiley whore.

doped

DigiMark007
Smile, whore.

doped

I see you took your own advice.

Cavalier
my name is digi and i like to edit ppls quotes cuz i am soooooo cool!!1!

I can do it too.

And mine is far closer to the truth.

DigiMark007
Well, I am so cool.

fdog

leonidas
furious

just so's everyone knows--when FG pwns us, it's scoob's team. big grin

oh, and since YOU picked the team this time, next rd means it's all mine . . . mwuhahahahah . . . .

fangirl101
furious

just so's everyone knows--when FG pwns us, it's scoob's team. big grin

oh, and since YOU picked the team this time, next rd means it's all mine . . . mwuhahahahah . . . .

I probably won't. But I'm sure he'll do some hokey thing with his characters trying to create an uber weapon or what ever.

DigiMark007

....awesome. And here I thought I was going to have to plan for you guys.

leonidas
....awesome. And here I thought I was going to have to plan for you guys.

don't be ridiculous. scoob and i are too busy fighting each other to bother doing any prep work for anyone else.

Scoobless
don't be ridiculous. scoob and i are too busy fighting each other to bother doing any prep work for anyone else.

Yeah ... prep is for losers who are too scared to get into a fight without knowing anything about the situation.

cool

Charlotte DeBel
BTW, guys... I need a clarification which version of Blue Boy is drafted. Cause as for current #70-75 issues (big war) he was officially allowed to have cloak and Vorpal Sword=they were made his standart equipment for purposes of the war.

If it's pre-issue 70, then I'm fine with it...since originally he has stolen both items and was then arrested for commiting a stealth after returning from his mission.

Scoobless
He committed a stealth?

confused

Charlotte DeBel
He committed a stealth?

confused

The cloak and sword were stolen from the Mayor's office, when he went to save Pinnochio for the 1st time. That's why on returning to Fabletown he was placed under home arrest (at least that's what I was told).

Currently, when the war with Adversary started, Prince Charming, remembering how effective Blue was with cloak and sword, granted it to him to use and own permanently (thus from aprox issue 70 cloak and sword is his standart equipment, until that he owned them illegally).

Scoobless
You mean "theft"?

Charlotte DeBel
You mean "theft"?

Yes. Theft. I'm not a native speaker, you know.

Scoobless
I know ... nobodies perfect.

stick out tongue

Charlotte DeBel

stick out tongue

LOL
Anyways...
Since they've drafted Blue for 5 points, I think it's before the sword and cloak were officially granted to him.

Scoobless
That's what was said during the draft.

Charlotte DeBel
That's what was said during the draft.

Just needed to clarify.
And given the way they were obtained, they don't belong to his prep area either.

leonidas

stick out tongue

clearly. big grin

Scoobless
Your sig is obsolete.

evil face

fangirl101
Your sig is obsolete.

evil face
I"m so glad it is. I couldn't figure out away around that *****. Her powers seemed far out of my team's league.

Scoobless
Nah, Spiral sucks really ... Leo just talks a lot of crap when he's using her.

stick out tongue

fangirl101

stick out tongue
Really the fact that she was magic based with all those skills was the trump card. Magic can't be defended against unless you yourself are a more powerful mage.

Scoobless
Don't worry, we have other things you can't defend against to fill the gap.

smile

fangirl101
Don't worry, we have other things you can't defend against to fill the gap.

smile
I'm not worried. Dont' get yourself all prepped up and spend a buch of time and then I mess up again and misread the rules. That would suck. wink I'm not worth the effort. Save it for The better combatants.

illadelph12
Week 1: New York City
Duration: Monday, September 15th @ 10am thru Friday, September 19th @ 12am)
BDub/Smurph def. Leo/Scoob 2-1 - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t492944.html
Charlotte def. Kfish 3-0 - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t492942.html
Digi def. Fangirl 3-0 - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t492943.html

Bye: Kandy/id369

Judges: Badabing, Citizen V, Illadelph

Week 2: Kahndaq (DC)
Duration: Monday, September 22nd @ 10am thru Friday, September 26th @ 12am)
Charlotte def. Fangirl 3-0 - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t493401.html
Kandi/id369 Vs. Scoob/Leo - Postponed; Rescheduled to Week 8
Digi Vs. Kfish -

Bye: BDub/Smurph

Judges: Jason, Citizen V, Newjak

Week 3: The Amazon Rain Forest
Duration: Monday, September 29th @ 10am thru Friday, October 3rd @ 12am)
Bdub/Smurph Vs. Charlotte (#)
FanGirl Vs. Scoob/Leo (*)
Kandy/id369 Vs. Kfish (*)

Bye: Digi

Judges: Red, Symmetric Chaos, Darthgoober (*), Illadelph (#)

Week 4: The Australian Outback
Duration: Monday, October 6th @ 10am thru Friday, October 10th @ 12am)
Bdub/Smurph Vs. Kfish
Digi Vs. Scoob/Leo
Charlotte Vs. Kandy/id369

Bye: Fangirl

Judges: Jason, Badabing, Newjak

Week 5: The Savage Land (Marvel)
Duration: Monday, October 13th @ 10am thru Friday, October 17th @ 12am)
Bdub/Smurph Vs. Fangirl
Charlotte Vs. Scoob/Leo
Digi Vs. Kandi/id369

Bye: Kfish

Judges: Red, Mungi, Citizen V

Week 6: Metropolis (DC)
Duration: Monday, October 20th @ 10am thru Friday, October 24th @ 12am)
Charlotte Vs. Digi
Kandi/id369 vs. Fangirl
Scoob/Leo Vs. Kfish

Bye: BDub/Smurph

Judges: TBD

Week 7: Hyperbolic Time Capsule (Dragon Ball Z)
Duration: Monday, October 20th @ 10am thru Friday, October 24th @ 12am)
Bdub/Smurph Vs. Kandi/id369
Fangirl Vs. Kfish

Bye: Charlotte, Digi, Scoob/Leo

Week 8: Washington D.C.
Duration: Monday, October 27th @ 10am thru Friday, October 31st @ 12am)
Bdub/Smurph vs. Digi
Kandi/id369 Vs. Scoob/Leo

Bye: Charlotte, Fangirl, Kfish

Current Judge Roster:

Badabing
Citizen V (C)
Darthgoober*
Illadelph >Z<
Jason
King Mungi
Mr. Master
Newjak
Red
Symmetric Chaos
Xmarksthespot*

Removed:

Trickster (per majority vote).

Withdrawn:

Galan

leonidas

stick out tongue

you do know you're fighting fangirl solo, right? no expression

Scoobless
you do know you're fighting fangirl solo, right? no expression

stick out tongue

*coughatleastmyprepideaswerelegalcough*

whistling

leonidas
stick out tongue

*coughatleastmyprepideaswerelegalcough*

whistling

if you're not cheating, you're not trying. big grin

Scoobless
if you're not cheating, you're not trying. big grin

I need a mod over here ... clearly BW has hacked into Leo's account!

no expression

DigiMark007
I lol'd.

Then sock checked leo.

no expression

leonidas
shifty

rock

DigiMark007
Some dude named bertran who hasn't posted since '05 came up. Not an exact browser match, so it's likely just a guy living near leo. You're clear.

...for now.

no expression

leonidas
Some dude named bertran who hasn't posted since '05 came up. Not an exact browser match, so it's likely just a guy living near leo. You're clear.

...for now.

no expression

laughing

that was actually my best friend! i told him about the site and he logged in for a short time. he was passingly into comics as a kid but this site was far too much for him. that's hilarious that he showed up! i think he dropped by more recently to vote when i was competing in one of those tournies where votes counted! laughing out loud

DigiMark007
Lulz

...so not too recently. But yeah.

DigiMark007
Also of note: leo's friend's favorite thread was Darth Vader vs. Spider-Man. So points for some considerable awesome there.

Not sure who he backed. But the thread accounts for about 1/3 of his posts (53 ermm ).

I'm bored. Enjoy.

Scoobless
Link?

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=342039

That's for the thread, though it's 31 pages long.

Here's his first post:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3850559#post3850559

...amusing.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>