Darth Sidious vs. LOTF Jedi Assassins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

truejedi
The Galaxy is in turmoil. The GA has been fighting a massive war against Battle Droids for several years. The chancellor Palpatine has been in control of the senate, and been taking freedoms from the senate on a daily basis. Luke Skywalker senses a dark force user nearby, but cannot seem to narrow down who it is. Unfortunately, the jedi have been so busy fighting a war against the droids, they have had no time to honestly search for the Sith they know is lurking. Luke goes to Kashykk to put down a droid invasion that seems to be doomed for certain anyway, due to Wookies being way meaner than stupid droids. But luke is inexplicably helping. But not helping that much. Watching mostly. But he's there.
Promising Jedi Knight, Jacen Solo has been told to watch the chancellor to make sure he returns power at the end of the war. He brings news that "Gasp!" Senator palpatine is actually Darth Sidious, the SITH!!!! He hurries back to the temple to tell temp. leader of the jedi, Corran Horn what he has learned. Corran knows there is no time for delay, so he gathers up 4 of the greatest Jedi masters of the order, and advances to the Senate Chambers for a duel like non other (or maybe one other) in the history of the star wars mythos!

Now, if you didn't want to read all that, it boils down too:

LOTF Mara Jade Skywalker
LOTF Kyle Katarn
LOTF Corran Horn
LOTF Kyp Durron

vs.

ROTS Darth Sidious.

Can they take him down?
(all Jedi enter senate chamber with lightsabers ignited and go immediately on the attack, not waiting for dialoge)

All out only please: in a battle, there is no division of combat: only life, and death.

Gideon
By the Senate chambers, what do you mean? Palpatine's office where he was confronted by Windu? His office beneath the Rotunda where he was confronted by Yoda? Or the Rotunda itself?

truejedi
My fault for not specifying: His office where he was confronted by Windu.

Advent
tl;dr.

Sidious gets pwned.

Gideon
You think so? The Emperor would be aware of all of Mara Jade Skywalker's tricks and tactics, since he personally trained her. Her fighting expertise that led to her victory over Jacen Solo would hardly apply to the man who taught her everything -- it was stated that Solo's prowess with the Force far exceeded hers -- so she is facing an opponent whose cunning and Force mastery exceeds her own. Corran Horn, I'm not as familiar with, other than the fact that he is a skilled illusionist and weak with psychokinesis. Kyle Katarn was defeated by Jacen Solo, despite the fact that he was assisted by four other Jedi. Kyp Durron is definitely the most potent here.

It's rather evident that Skywalker and possibly Horn are completely outclassed here. Katarn, individually, is no match for someone of the Emperor's caliber. Durron, I'm iffy on. Can someone elucidate more of his combat abilities?

Until then, I'm going to say that Skywalker and Horn get owned, and Kyle and Kyp might have enough between them to force a victory, though I'm not certain.

Enyalus
Hm...*thinks*

He probably takes two of them down before he himself goes.

EDIT: Woah, Gideon and I thinking alike?

truejedi
Katarn's loss to Caedus was definitly highly related to circumstances though. (though he DID have help, so that should have made up for circumstances) I honestly don't know. I think Mace Windu > Durron. But Kyle > Fisto, Horn, > than either of the other two, and i figured that Skywalker would at least be on par with either Saesee or Kolar. (she has had a lot of training from luke, so she DOES know more than the emperor taught her explicitly, though i agree completely that he outclasses her in a one on one setting.

(studying calculus and also paying attention to star wars forum at the same time is NOT going well for me tonight...)

Vorpal Ruin
The team wins. Overall they are more powerfull than Mace's team. imo

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Gideon
You think so? The Emperor would be aware of all of Mara Jade Skywalker's tricks and tactics, since he personally trained her. Her fighting expertise that led to her victory over Jacen Solo would hardly apply to the man who taught her everything -- it was stated that Solo's prowess with the Force far exceeded hers -- so she is facing an opponent whose cunning and Force mastery exceeds her own. Corran Horn, I'm not as familiar with, other than the fact that he is a skilled illusionist and weak with psychokinesis. Kyle Katarn was defeated by Jacen Solo, despite the fact that he was assisted by four other Jedi. Kyp Durron is definitely the most potent here.

It's rather evident that Skywalker and possibly Horn are completely outclassed here. Katarn, individually, is no match for someone of the Emperor's caliber. Durron, I'm iffy on. Can someone elucidate more of his combat abilities?

Until then, I'm going to say that Skywalker and Horn get owned, and Kyle and Kyp might have enough between them to force a victory, though I'm not certain.

ROTS sidious wouldn't know anything about mara because he hasn't even met her as of rots

Gideon
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
ROTS sidious wouldn't know anything about mara because he hasn't even met her as of rots

Please read closer: I'm not saying that Palpatine is familiar with Mara Jade Skywalker herself, but he was the one who trained her in her martial arts and lightsaber prowess. Since she learned nothing esoteric, it can be assumed that Palpatine retains knowledge of what he will eventually teach her, and so her cunning tactics that worked so well against Jacen Solo will likely not apply here.

Pwned61
I think the group takes this.

Durron alone, while certainly not strong enough to solo Sidious in any way, is a handful of an opponent considering that he posses raw force power in excess of 95% of the SW mythos, and is an excellent warrior to boot. Then on top of that you've got Katarn who's the jedi battlemaster and Mara Jade who's proven to be a powerful combatant and cunning fighter. The "weak" link here is Corran, who's still one of the best warriors the order has to offer, and while i have no doubt the emperor isn't going to allow himself to be fooled by any illusions, if he makes the mistake of stabbing horn it means the loss of his lightsaber.

All in all it's just that sidious is up against to many masters at once, even for him. Take Durron out and maybe things even up a bit, but as it is I think Sidious get's overwhelmed.

Gideon
Originally posted by Pwned61
I think the group takes this.

Durron alone, while certainly not strong enough to solo Sidious in any way, is a handful of an opponent considering that he posses raw force power in excess of 95% of the SW mythos, and is an excellent warrior to boot. Then on top of that you've got Katarn who's the jedi battlemaster and Mara Jade who's proven to be a powerful combatant and cunning fighter. The "weak" link here is Corran, who's still one of the best warriors the order has to offer, and while i have no doubt the emperor isn't going to allow himself to be fooled by any illusions, if he makes the mistake of stabbing horn it means the loss of his lightsaber.

All in all it's just that sidious is up against to many masters at once, even for him. Take Durron out and maybe things even up a bit, but as it is I think Sidious get's overwhelmed.

Based on merit, Skywalker hasn't demonstrated the mastery of the Force required to compare to the Emperor and her insanely impressive assassin-esque/brawling/cunning tactics are nullified by the fact that she is fighting the man who taught her those same tactics. I'm not an expert on Corran Horn, so I can't comment, but it would appear that those two are nonfactors.

That still can give Durron and Katarn the win, but they'll be working for it.

Pwned61
Based on merit, Skywalker hasn't demonstrated the mastery of the Force required to compare to the Emperor and her insanely impressive assassin-esque/brawling/cunning tactics are nullified by the fact that she is fighting the man who taught her those same tactics. I'm not an expert on Corran Horn, so I can't comment, but it would appear that those two are nonfactors.

That still can give Durron and Katarn the win, but they'll be working for it.

Firstly, where are we getting that the emperor was the one responsible for all her training? Honestly for all his skills it seems suspect to give him credit for having taught her ALL her skills, those such as her more conservative/practical combat techniques, computer slicing and general spy skills, all things he's never shown to have any familiarity with.

Plus, his knowledge of her skills hardly negates them in this situation, there's three other very skilled Jedi fighters, him knowing how she'll attack doesn't mean he's going to be able to do anything about it

And Corran is far from a non factor. I mean, his father for instance was able to use the Horn trait of energy absorption to drain the power of a lightsaber after he had been run though with it and then use the power to crush the dark jedi who had done it.

Really, Sidious is just overwhelmed here, to many fighters and not a scrub among them.

Pwned61
Originally posted by Pwned61

And Corran is far from a non factor. I mean, his father for instance was able to use the Horn trait of energy absorption to drain the power of a lightsaber after he had been run though with it and then use the power to crush the dark jedi who had done it.

I wanna elaborate a bit, I'm not suggesting that Corran is going to crush sidious after going through the same situation, the dark jedi in question is a no-name from a flashback, basically he's a nothing among nothings. I'm simply trying to point out that corran's unique force skills make him a difficult opponent considering that one of your main offensive weapons can pump up his powers.

Faunus
I thought this said LOTF Luke Skywalker at first, so I was completely dumbfounded. This is a good thread.

Mara Jade: Anything she can do, Palpatine can do better. But that doesn't mean that with the support of the other three at her back, she won't be a threat. If she isn't taken out early, Palpatine's going to need to watch his back.

Corran Horn: He was skilled enough to defeat Shedao Shai, he can absorb energy in the Force and redirect it as telekinesis (so says Glentract), and while he is an enormously talented illusionist, I have to say that he isn't nearly powerful enough to faze Palpatine with such mind tricks.

Kyp Durron: Immensely powerful and incredibly strong, although he doesn't do much in the way of dueling. I can definitely see his raw power being a serious threat.

Kyle Katarn: Most likely the third most dangerous swordsman in his era, behind only Luke and Jacen. Keep in mind that when he was fighting the latter, he was also trying to keep his relatively inexperienced and occasionally foolish companions alive, and while I certainly can't say that he wasn't giving it his all, the objective of that duel was to plant a homing device on the Sith Lord. Kyle is also pretty powerful in his own right, having held up a ceiling that Tavion collapsed on him.

At least two individuals here are absolutely tremendous swordsman, another is one of the dirtiest fighters in her era, and the fourth is one of the most powerful Force-users ever born. Of course, Palpatine lay claim to all of these things, and would probably handily defeat any of the four individually. But I'm going to have to say that the team takes this, for all the above reasons. While Agen Kolar was one of the greatest "bladesbeings" in Jedi history, it is likely that Katarn is as well. Kit Fisto is an excellent duelist, but he seemingly never rose beyond the level of a CW-era Obi-Wan Kenobi, having been quickly defeated by an admittedly deadly Asajj Ventress. And Saesee Tiin, while likely an incredible combatant in his own right, never really did much against a Force-user.

I'd imagine that Corran Horn could be a solid asset here thanks to his own prowess, although he'd fall quickly on his own, but Kyle's skills and Kyp's sheer power used in unison tip the scales, IMO.

Gideon
I've brought people to task for this sort of reasoning, my friend, but I'm not going to now. You're smarter than this. First, any sourcebook that mentions Palpatine will note a great proficiency with many subjects and many areas; his genius isn't limited to politics. Second, even if it wasn't, what does it matter? How will her computer skills matter in this fight? This is a combat scenario; the Emperor personally trained her in combat. Based on evidence, nothing she can do will surprise him.

You'll have to prove it. Palpatine battled four "very celebrated swordsmen" before, my friend, and manhandled three of them rather casually. Numbers and "skill" aren't nearly conclusive when dealing with the Emperor.

You're boasting Corran's power based on a feat performed by his father? How this compares to the might of the Emperor, I remain ignorant of.

Did I say he'd win?

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Faunus
I thought this said LOTF Luke Skywalker at first, so I was completely dumbfounded. This is a good thread.

Mara Jade: Anything she can do, Palpatine can do better. But that doesn't mean that with the support of the other three at her back, she won't be a threat. If she isn't taken out early, Palpatine's going to need to watch his back.

Corran Horn: He was skilled enough to defeat Shedao Shai, he can absorb energy in the Force and redirect it as telekinesis (so says Glentract), and while he is an enormously talented illusionist, I have to say that he isn't nearly powerful enough to faze Palpatine with such mind tricks.

Kyp Durron: Immensely powerful and incredibly strong, although he doesn't do much in the way of dueling. I can definitely see his raw power being a serious threat.

Kyle Katarn: Most likely the third most dangerous swordsman in his era, behind only Luke and Jacen. Keep in mind that when he was fighting the latter, he was also trying to keep his relatively inexperienced and occasionally foolish companions alive, and while I certainly can't say that he wasn't giving it his all, the objective of that duel was to plant a homing device on the Sith Lord. Kyle is also pretty powerful in his own right, having held up a ceiling that Tavion collapsed on him.

At least two individuals here are absolutely tremendous swordsman, another is one of the dirtiest fighters in her era, and the fourth is one of the most powerful Force-users ever born. Of course, Palpatine lay claim to all of these things, and would probably handily defeat any of the four individually. But I'm going to have to say that the team takes this, for all the above reasons. While Agen Kolar was one of the greatest "bladesbeings" in Jedi history, it is likely that Katarn is as well. Kit Fisto is an excellent duelist, but he seemingly never rose beyond the level of a CW-era Obi-Wan Kenobi, having been quickly defeated by an admittedly deadly Asajj Ventress. And Saesee Tiin, while likely an incredible combatant in his own right, never really did much against a Force-user.

I'd imagine that Corran Horn could be a solid asset here thanks to his own prowess, although he'd fall quickly on his own, but Kyle's skills and Kyp's sheer power used in unison tip the scales, IMO.

yes

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by truejedi
The Galaxy is in turmoil. The GA has been fighting a massive war against Battle Droids for several years. The chancellor Palpatine has been in control of the senate, and been taking freedoms from the senate on a daily basis. Luke Skywalker senses a dark force user nearby, but cannot seem to narrow down who it is. Unfortunately, the jedi have been so busy fighting a war against the droids, they have had no time to honestly search for the Sith they know is lurking. Luke goes to Kashykk to put down a droid invasion that seems to be doomed for certain anyway, due to Wookies being way meaner than stupid droids. But luke is inexplicably helping. But not helping that much. Watching mostly. But he's there.
Promising Jedi Knight, Jacen Solo has been told to watch the chancellor to make sure he returns power at the end of the war. He brings news that "Gasp!" Senator palpatine is actually Darth Sidious, the SITH!!!! He hurries back to the temple to tell temp. leader of the jedi, Corran Horn what he has learned. Corran knows there is no time for delay, so he gathers up 4 of the greatest Jedi masters of the order, and advances to the Senate Chambers for a duel like non other (or maybe one other) in the history of the star wars mythos!

Now, if you didn't want to read all that, it boils down too:

LOTF Mara Jade Skywalker
LOTF Kyle Katarn
LOTF Corran Horn
LOTF Kyp Durron

vs.

ROTS Darth Sidious.

Can they take him down?
(all Jedi enter senate chamber with lightsabers ignited and go immediately on the attack, not waiting for dialoge)

All out only please: in a battle, there is no division of combat: only life, and death. NO. NOOOO. JUST PLAIN NO. STOP RAPING THIS FORUM WITH THESE THREADS. Dude, Sidious gets annhilated by the team. Sure, he's powerful, but there's no contending with this combination.

You might as well make it

Shimmra
LOTF Luke
Yoda
Yahweh

Can S1DEE-YUS PULE DIZ OFF? KANNEE, HUH... HUH
This is who you are to me.

Vorpal Ruin
You're boasting Corran's power based on a feat performed by his father? How this compares to the might of the Emperor, I remain ignorant of.

Corran has the same force ability as his father, he uses it in I, Jedi to save one of his classmates in a hot spring or something, then again early in the NJO series to save someone from a embrace of pain. No it doesn't compare to Palpatine, just saying he has unique ability.

truejedi
Originally posted by DarkSerpent
NO. NOOOO. JUST PLAIN NO. STOP RAPING THIS FORUM WITH THESE THREADS. Dude, Sidious gets annhilated by the team. Sure, he's powerful, but there's no contending with this combination.

You might as well make it

Shimmra
LOTF Luke
Yoda
Yahweh

Can S1DEE-YUS PULE DIZ OFF? KANNEE, HUH... HUH
This is who you are to me.

actually.... that sounds pretty ignorant, even coming from you... so i'm just going to say this: Sidous has already defeated four jedi council members,(masters) in his life. I'm just asking if sidious could do what he did against those members to the current jedi council. I think the team would win, but i wouldn't say it at all. now what i've been curious of is: if we change sidious to DE sidious, then how does the duel pan out? In that one, i couldnt' pick a winner, and i'd go with a toss-up. oh...
and darkserpent: shit

Enyalus
Originally posted by truejedi
if we change sidious to DE sidious, then how does the duel pan out? In that one, i couldnt' pick a winner, and i'd go with a toss-up

In the Force, he would completely annihilate them. As far as dueling goes, I, personally, don't believe we can conclusively say that it would be so easy. He beats Luke while empowered by Byss...a Luke who is barely trained and certainly not to the degree any of them is. His other duel, which he loses - he's able to become an avatar of the Force. But based on others who have done this: Luke, Jacen, Galen Marek...we know it can't be done on command.

SIDIOUS 66
They may give Sidious a battle in a duel, but even that is hard to tell. Sidious did kill three council member masters in seconds, with nothing more than his dueling skills. Now i know what some might say "Well Sidious got beat by Windu in a duel". But Windu has vapaad on his side, which is maybe the best defense against a sith lord, and vapaad is something LOTF team do no know.

As far as the force goes, Sidious has a far greater mastery than all of them put together.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.